Pixie Hollow Dystopia

• Thread starter Synthetic Seraph
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Calamus stormed through the house from where the wind girl had fled, an operation much faster and smoother than driving the thief into submission. Odd outlines appeared in his clothing, some small and vague, others possible books with squared edges. Only then did he return to the forgotten or nearly ignored dual-talent faerie. "You were an amazing help," he informed her gruffly, much higher praise than the "not bad" and so on the whole time earlier. "May as well get going before reinforcements have anything to say about it." He flitted a few body lengths forward, and when his new course took him above the frozen looter, he spat from his height then swooped down for a final kick - seething since the wind elemental should have known to watch her step around Calamus before this and deserved a refresher for others.

He alighted on a summertime branch where a worm the length of his body and thick as his leg was gnawing its way across a humongous faerie-sized apple. "Two, please." With that request he waited a bit for two wedges to get severed from the main mass. The male was weary of life and recent events and in need of a meal away from the main mob in any of the villages. While waiting, he slumped down upon the branch, legs dangling over either side, drained and dejected compared to all that aggression up til now. The animal faerie didn't look around as Kieara landed or offer to speak until questioned.

Kieara followed him and sat beside him with a gentle graceful movement. "Are you ok?" she asked softly and placed a hand lightly on top of his as a form of comfort. The female could sense his spiraling emotions and wanted to help. Her touch was gentle and light, and even a bit cold from the element that had shot from her fingers earlier, but that didn't currently bother her. What she was occupied with now was her friends wellbeing.

Calamus whipped his head up at Kieara, glaring with his chin jutted forward, taking her concerned words as implying weakness upon him. He then gave a grumpy sigh and figured how to explain all that to a clean slate. "My friend died today. We were teammates you could say, doing everything we could together when we didn't have to work apart in our own divisions. When a faerie fades it's kind of like a free-for-all with their personal stuff. Somebody who wants a poster could just pinch it, over the one who made the drawing for the faded one in the first place. So that wind girl had it coming, for thinking she deserved Zephyr's keepsakes more than me." He sagged under her caring and slightly chilly touch. "It's stupid - the mere stuff is trash compared to losing the person. Having that up on my wall won't bring her back, won't give me another day chasing through the wind and trying to tame hawks with her." He then looked up to the dual-element, voice raw and the spots around his eyes swollen from the short thunderstorm of tears. "Faeries live until something happens. An accident with something physical, which you can imagine. Or sometimes just as mysterious as humans on the mainland not believing in us."

Kieara listened to his heartfelt explanation. Her brows furrowed in intense emotion as she listened. "That's awful..." she pulled him into a comforting hug. She was a much more gentle and openly emotional fairy than him, and she was good at reading emotions. She wanted him to feel better, so she gave comfort in the only way she knew how.

The animal faerie bristled and stayed in place, a mere block of muscle and bone and not the warm, yielding boy the new arrival must have expected. "So what if it's awful? It is what it is," he retorted. But his throat cracked and he turned away sharply to hide the burning red on his face for that weak slip.

Kieara released him after a minute and looked to him. "Even so...." she spoke. "Doesn't the other fairies have any respect?" She asked. It seemed that was pretty basic. If there is something there, be respectful about it and let their friends have it.

"Resssppect?" His brow furrowed as he tasted the unfamiliar word. Put it through the context and filters of a new girl. "Respect is either, well, beaten into somebody or being better than them. Like, 'Hey, that teammate really helped our crew, she's good to have around.' " He shrugged. "Respect is for power like lords and the queen. But YOU," he smirked toothily, "You really came through when I needed you. That was something. And don't be afraid to whip that frost out when someone tries to push you down. Or tries to take something you don't want to give up. Like this."

The rust-clad boy leaned in for another kiss, deliberately this time, but bluffing. With him and a longer-lived faerie who was just friends too, this would spark a play fight, a fun scuffle between the two of them. He forgot for the second how Kiera had allowed him through once already when caught up after the skirmish, certain he was only giving her a dare to put her powers to use again.

Kieara listened to him and smiled but blushed when she saw him come in for another kiss. She'd liked the last one, and this time didn't pull away. Though the blush on her face resurfaced and it took her a bit to react. She slowly relaxed into it, then pulled away after a moment.

Calamus was more surprised and stunned than she, for Kieara had seen it coming and believed the kiss was going to happen. He'd expected a mock-battle of frost and agility and instead gotten... a warm, yielding girl. When she finally broke their connection he blinked, his mouth working silently without words. "Uhhhh... That was really nice," the fighter stammered finally.
(( Goodnight until the next time~ ))

((goodnight))

Kieara smiled back at him. She spoke. "Yes, it was." she spoke to him. She was blushing cherry red. She looked at the boys face trying to read what his reaction was. Whether he was telling her he liked it or he really meant it.

Evasive, the fighter too, the two apple wedges from the finished carving worm and passed one to Kieara. He kicked his dangling feet a bit, looking at stray leaves or dust motes in the air, anything but the girl - and then he spoke to her eye to eye in earnest. "Do you like me? Although, you don't know anyone else. For all you know, I'm the meanest one around and you should believe the people who'll tell you to stay away. Or I could be the nicest and everyone else is worse, always clawing to get advantage. You just don't know. But do you?" The male youth ended what had degenerated into a babble, on a hopeful note.

Kieara smiled. "Oh, thank you." she said gently taking the apple slice. She nibbled on it and smiled. She liked apples. They were one of her favorites. She looked at him again when he began to speak and blushed, but she was silent as he babbled on. When he finally stopped, there was a pause before she answered. "Well, actually.....yes I do."

"Huh." Calamus stared in amazement. The cool and ruthless Zephyr was still an ache around his chest, but nonetheless that was a departed friend who'd hunted up hawks to tame with him day in and day out when their quota schedules allowed. Kieara was... sunny, open to new things, charming in her first-season way, with magic that lit up the Pixie Dust Tree platform like a starflare and knocked a wind faerie out - cold, haha. "If we go out, you won't do something like freezing me for not noticing a new hairdo or something, right?" he smirked, jostling his knee against hers teasingly... then shifting to sit closer beside her.

Kieara looked over at him and blushed a bright pink. Was he implying going out? She smiled over at him. "I could never." she said to him softly, shyly. Why did she suddenly feel so shy around him? Nothing had changed....right?

"You could never go out with me? Ohhhhh," Calamus groaned with a clutch to his chest, then both he and the last of the apple crescent tumbled off the branch towards the forest floor. Three long seconds later he popped back up, arms folded and one heel resting on the other knee, every bit the grinning flying dynamo.

She stumbled over her words. "N-no that's not what I meant! I meant I couldn't freeze you or-" He cut her off by falling off the branch and she gasped temporarily forgetting about their wings and looked down only to see him float back up and giggled.

The bold one chuckled darkly at the girl's reaction. He flitted to her spot on the branch, orbiting her slowly, and smiling. Just as he was about to speak a colored light through the trees caught his eye and he magnetized towards it, turning back after a bodylength. "Hey, you won't want to miss this. Your first rainbow."

In a break through the leaves, a water faerie saturated the air with mist and a light faerie wove through it, capturing the result in a tinker-made cone like winding a ribbon around a spool. The male furrowed his brow. The majority of girls liked, well, girly things and not predators like he did, right? "And I know just the thing to join in. I wouldn't get too close to that rainbow unless you want to wear it - on your face and body too - but I know some butterflies that wouldn't mind."

Kieara smiled to him. She looked and was awe stricken at their power. She smiled. "That was pretty." She looked back to him and grinned. "Yay! Butterflies!" She giggled.

"'Kay." Calamus nodded, looking her over in scrutiny. "Well go on then and put that excitement to good use. Most bugs looove it when you're positive. The flock should be down at ground level. Sweet talk 'em into flying at the rainbow when it shows up, yeah?" With a final wave the male pixie darted off to the two girls in the open meadow. He sped over the butterfly flock hovering over some multihued flowers or perched at rest on the petals, relieved that they were still their unpainted mottled grey - marginally less trouble than undoing someone's work patterning them.

"Hey. The new girl's never seen a rainbow OR butterflies yet. Think you two could whip up another one so I can arrange a color bath?"
--"That was our last one. Unlike SOME who got off easy today, I've got a schedule to meet and I am sooo far behind," one wailed.
"And you're getting MORE behind arguing about it than it takes to do it." Cal sized up their powers. Hoo yeah, water could mess up wings and worse; light, not so much. And his animals presented more of a global threat. "Listen, I'm asking nice. Things could get a whole lot UN-nice in a minute, ladies." He targeted the light faerie in particular, the weak link. "You can only blind me once. My allies can swoop, burrow, and gnaw after you the rest of your life."

Yep. Another minute later a final rainbow arced over the sunny green meadow.

Kieara had sweet talked the butterflies as he'd asked. She wasn't aware what they were doing would get them into trouble though. She loved the butterflies. They were adorable. She even debated keeping one as a pet. They were big enough to ride on, but it wouldn't be a wild ride like with the eagle before. She wasn't sure though. There were lots more animals to see. Once the rainbow was up, the butterflies darted at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.