Pixel art in videogames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit like this is absolutely beautiful and stunning. I think we need more good pixel games. It's a dying art.

xVmeCQe.gif

xhWnoFv.gif

Ljzj7.gif

8U7OK0NH43UD0031.gif

8lig9rf.gif

1231898636693.gif

312276c4df2bf60786d85cec499b91ba.jpg

Holy crap my phooooone!! It lags!

Pixel art is nice if you're going for something simple or fitting. Risk of Rain comes to mind, Hyper Light is up there with simplicity too.

It does feel like it's saturating the market though with pixel art being a cheap medium that doesn't take too much skill to create.

When new games look worse than SNES games something's up.

I don't know personally, I just remember seeing them in some Pixel Art thread on NeoGAF a while back. They're backgrounds for fighting games, I believe. SnK. I want to say Mark of Garou?

Reactions: Kestrel
Dungeon Of The Endless has some fucking beautiful pixel art. I think I'm a little bit in love with AMPLITUDE and the work they produce.

F8ntOoq.png

I don't care what anyone says, pixel art is awesome.

expedition.gif

By Paul Robertson by the way....

.... I know it's not from any game, but they're neat.

Reactions: Queenslayer
I don't know personally, I just remember seeing them in some Pixel Art thread on NeoGAF a while back. They're backgrounds for fighting games, I believe. SnK. I want to say Mark of Garou?
This shit is awesome. Where is it from?

And I totally agree.

Some of them are from King of Fighters, the others are from other SNK games.

How did you guys get so far in a pixel art thread without someone mention Metal Slug with a picture containing a gif of the giant hermit crab tank?

I'll fix that:
latest

Status
Not open for further replies.