Pirates RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be~ ^^ *smiles at PinkArrow*

::EDIT:: interested in this RP I mean~ ^^

Yup , I'm sure people will join when u make the sighnups

I'm sure more people will join when everyone contributes to the creation of this roleplay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well what sort of ideas do we have for this RP at the moment? I noticed that there was talk about Spaniards and the Royal Navy and an actual pirate ship I felt it seemed very similar to POC4 but I love that movie so i don't really mind at all ^^

Well what sort of ideas do we have for this RP at the moment? I noticed that there was talk about Spaniards and the Royal Navy and an actual pirate ship I felt it seemed very similar to POC4 but I love that movie so i don't really mind at all ^^

Where did you see that? o_o

Where did you see that? o_o
Ah there was a section where everyone was talking about the royal navy and also having spaniards so that there wasn't just the pirates~ Also you said there was going to be a balance of Romance with all the action~ Sorry just my disney mind going on overdrive during reading all of that ^^;;

Ah there was a section where everyone was talking about the royal navy and also having spaniards so that there wasn't just the pirates~ Also you said there was going to be a balance of Romance with all the action~ Sorry just my disney mind going on overdrive during reading all of that ^^;;
I think you're confusing that with another pirate roleplay. We haven't discussed anything along the lines of royal navy and Spaniards in this thread.

........ =/////////////="

I am sorry... i swear I read that somewhere.... =_="

No worries. Regardless, people say they're interested but they aren't contributing anymore to what this thread is mainly supposed to be: group rp plotting. Besides the plotting, I also wanted to have help with the rp as a whole (i.e. pirate positions, pirate ship descriptions, setting, etc.) but everyone's fallen back into the shadows and failed to show anymore interest. You're the only one here, as of now. I wanted this to be a small group (about four five people including me) but it looks like that's not going to be happening any time soon...

Well as long as we keep talking it is possible that someone might pop in and see if they can join ^^

With pirate positions I am assuming the usual; Captain, (What is the name for like the vice principal the deputy the uh... =_="), crew and also the random little boy that works for the pirates~

Captain, First Mate, Crew, Cabin Boy are the positions I think of but of course, there's more...

Officers

Captain- The boss/commander of the ship as a whole

Quartermaster (First Mate)- The second-in-command

Boatswain- the on-deck supervisor; he's responsible for assigning work, planning, and scheduling

Sailing Master (Navigator)- the one who is in charge of navigating the ship. He directs the course, looks after maps and instruments needed for navigation

Crew

Master Carpenter- repairs battle damage done to masts, yards, hatchets, and the hull

Master Gunner- responsible for ship's guns and ammunition; helps maintain accuracy and time amongst the gunners

Gunners- any separate group manning the guns; responsible for loading, aiming, firing, and swabbing for the next batch

Sail Maker- in charge of maintaining all fabrics and canvases on board

Cook- pretty obvious; he cooks for the crew as long as he doesn't make anything that poisons the captain or crew (usually disabled in some way)

Surgeon- pretty obvious; deals with sexual diseases, colds, fevers, and tends to wounds, etc.

Cooper- a barrel maker

Cabin Boy- an apprentice of sorts (to the captain) who delivers messages to the captain, runs errands, and perhaps deliver food to the captain

Striker- expert hunters and fishers; has wide local range of knowledge on edible plants and fruits, as well as medicinal herbs and plants

Sailors- pretty obvious; the pirates who worked on deck

Powder Monkey- usually young pre-teen boys who usually assist the gun crews

Musicians- instrument players (i.e. accordions, fiddles, trumpets, bagpipes, etc.) who provide entertainment through music, be it at dinner time, before warfare, or a simple work tune, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
you have got a good list there~ I am sure that is enough for the roles. Maybe if we have a small deifinition for all of them then it will help people to choose what role they want?

you have got a good list there~ I am sure that is enough for the roles. Maybe if we have a small deifinition for all of them then it will help people to choose what role they want?
Definitely; I'll put a brief and to-the-point definition with the positions~ (:

Reactions: EternalMusic
Sounds like a plan~

(Also really sorry for mentioning it here but do you think you can reply to the 1x1?)

Just finished that list; more structure can come along later on when this is fully developed. What do you think of it being set in Britain (at the time)? I've recently changed my mind and want to change the setting to Singapore (so this isn't so comparable to Pirates of the Caribbean), but what are your thoughts on setting? Any suggestions you'd like to offer up?

Reactions: EternalMusic
Well not at the moment I need to sit down in a bit and focus on this later but at the moment I can't think of anything that would be of any help.

Okay, I won't rush you. I'm guessing you don't have much/no knowledge on Britain (known as England today) or Singapore?

*shakes head* I know Australia but not those two ^^;;

Well, besides action and romance, this is supposed to be a swashbuckling fantasy of sorts so don't think too much of it. It's fiction so we don't have to worry too much if the setting isn't accurate in terms of geography and such. Simple research on both would be recommended but it isn't required. You can learn more about them online then make a decision, unless you have other suggestions.

Nope that sounds like you have got most of it sorted out ^^

I am happy to help in anyway and i will chip in with ideas when i think of something ^^

Except your opinion on where the setting should be. Do you not have a preference or...?

Status
Not open for further replies.