Pirates of the West-Indies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to reserve a spot for the boatswain. I feel like making a CS of my cantankerous military uncle.

Can I reserve the navigator spot, this looks cool, and I'm all out of roleplays.

Don't suppose the marksman is still open? I'd love to make a character~

Sweet! Then I'd like to reserve that spot :3
I noticed that there are no females in the crew- but there's nothing against having a girl on-board is there?

Nope, if you read the rules you'll see that any sexual orientation and gender identity is also welcomed, and that people who pose as female have to cross dress in towns and cities because of this era.

Only on shore when in a town/city, they can wear dresses on ship if they like but I wouldn't suggest it.

When going to balls etc, they can go as a lady so long as they are very good at lying. You can die in this roleplay.

You can die in this roleplay.
This is probably the most explanatory post I've seen all day. Just to change things up, can a GUY crossdress as a GIRL?

This is probably the most explanatory post I've seen all day. Just to change things up, can a GUY crossdress as a GIRL?
Yes. My character happens to wear dresses once and a while on deck and is proud of doing so.

Name: Argus Maupin
Sex: male
Sexual Orientation: straight
Relationship/Other Status: Used to have a wife, is not interested in pursuing any more relationships
5 Good Traits:
Appreciates hard work
Dedicated to maintaining the ship
Never leaves a job unfinished
Is protective of women
Always maintains a positive attitude so as to keep spirits up
5 Bad Traits:
Sometimes forgets his own strength
Heavy drinker
Tries to cheer up those who are looking sad (even if they don't want to)
Due to his wife dying at the hands of sailors, he is sometimes overly protective to the point where it is almost patronizing
When angry he has a tendency to hit first and ask questions later
Race: Scandinavian
Role: Boatswain
Kin: Lorenna Santine (deceased wife)
Hair Style: short and unkempt
Hair Colour: brown/blonde
Eye Colour: blue
Picture:
7ff3d08a9a5c3d9b1d00c749c81e2f3b-d5ff444.jpg
Outfit: Argus usually wears simple trousers and jerkin, given that he is often doing manual labor he always wears clothes that can get dirty. He always has his blue bandanna on him, either on his head or wrapped around his arm. He wears boots that are specially made to grip a slippery ship deck.
Other: He always wears his wedding ring in memory of his wife.
Weapons:
Blunderbuss Shotgun (shoots anything you put in it)
tiAfXxQ.jpg

Serrated Cleaver Sword (obtained after raiding a merchant ship)
PunCoT7.jpg

History:
Argus Maupin was born in Scandinavia to poor parents. After a rough upbringing both of his parents died from disease and left the young man to fend for himself. At the young age of 16 Argus joined the royal navy and worked his way onto a military ship. By his mid twenties Argus had been promoted to a sergeant and proudly served the royal navy for several more years. When Argus was in his mid-thirties he met his future wife Lorenna Santine after his ship rescued her and several others from a shipwreck. Soon after that they were married and happily living together. Unfortunately while Argus was working on a ship Lorenna was assaulted and killed by a group of royal navy sailors, when Argus discovered what happened he immediately accused the men of murder. But one of the sailors was the son of an admiral and the case was dismissed. Fueled by hatred and grief Argus took matters into his own hands, finding the group of sailors and ruthlessly butchering them with his bare hands. Before the authorities could catch him Argus escaped on a merchant ship and ended up in one of the many lawless pirate inhabited islands. Drinking away his sorrows for several years, Argus was recruited by captain Johnny Bard who saw how he had used to be a proud sailor. Giving Argus a new reason to live and a promise to take revenge on the royal navy, Johnny quickly appointed him as the boatswain due to his expertise in maintaining the ship and keeping sailors in line.

Name
Chris Kidd (Read)
Gender (Mental identity)
Bi-Gender (identifies as both/all)
Sex (Assigned at birth)
Female
Sexual Orientation
Unknown at the moment
Relationship/Other Status
Single and loving it
5 Good Traits
1. Strong
2. Bold
3. Intuitive
4. Highly intelligent
5. Has a good sense of morals but will still bend the rules

5 Bad Traits
1. Stubborn, he won't listen worth anything sometimes
2. Impatient at times
3. doesn't think things through all the way most days
4. She's a brawler
5. Secretive, he doesn't share much with her fathers or the crew when she's up to something.

Race
Half British, Half Spanish

Role
Crew member though she gets away with quite a bit being the child of the quarter master and captain

Kin
Mary Read (deceased, biological mother)
Illario Carvacho (father, adoptive)
John Bard (father, adoptive)
Biological father unknown

Hair Style
(in the picture)
Hair Colour
Black
Eye Colour
Blue
Picture (No anime, you may use fantasy art)
(see in thumbnail)
Outfit
(seen in pictures)
Other (pets? None out of the ordinary like a dragon. This is earth)
None
Weapons (please include pictures)
Two Pistol Swords (she makes them herself)
(thumbnail, my computer isn't working right)

Throwing Daggers
(seen in thumbnail)

History
She was born in the Port Royal prison to Mary Read but was taken away by the guards. Her mother died of sickness due to unsanitary conditions, leaving her orphaned. Her biological father died in battle, so it left the British to raise her until The Great Phoenix on her first voyage raided her town (when she was barely three years old) after they had captured an important crew member and they took the child with them. She looked remarkably like her mother, and everyone knew the story of what happened to Mary. The crew didn't think it very fair to leave Chris to be brainwashed by the British so they took her away and she became the only child of Illario and John.

Attachments

• Chris Kidd.jpg
    Chris Kidd.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Chris Kidd girl mode.jpg
    Chris Kidd girl mode.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Chris in girl mode town.jpg
    Chris in girl mode town.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 7
  • images (7).jpg
    images (7).jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Love
Reactions: UnsightlyTEAstain
Bruh. When we starting this thing?

May I join this? Is the master gunner taken? I've always been just a tad trigger happy, so yeah. If that spot is open, I'd love to have it.

Can I reserve the navigator spot, this looks cool, and I'm all out of roleplays.
You going to make a CS? I can't reserve that for long.

May I join this? Is the master gunner taken? I've always been just a tad trigger happy, so yeah. If that spot is open, I'd love to have it.
I'm not sure if it's open; if not I can make another spot related to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.