Pirates of the Everyocean

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Captain, do you have any idea where on the hull whatever it is that is slowing us down is?" Mabel asked, hearing the announcement she got a rag out of her pocket and tied it over her mouth. Probably wouldn't completely filter the air she breathed, but it might help a bit.

Terri rolled her eyes at him, she was sure she'd bother to learn it later. Maybe.

Terri nearly groaned in annoyance, looking over her shoulder at his smug smile. She did like that he hadn't felt any need to comment on her orders, it was a respect she found important. However, he was stupid insistent about the knock knock jokes, and talking, and bonding. She wondered lightly if her position allowed for murder before turning her attention to the prisoner.

"Let's not talk till we're done," She said, deciding he was smart enough to not get barked at with a sharp 'Shut Up!' She walked to the prisoner, wondering if he would just take the food or require conversation.

As she handed him the water, setting the cup next to him, and food she spoke. "Here, this is for you. Don't break the cup." She didn't imagine he would throw the cup out or smash it, but didn't want to find out. She was fairly certain she didn't have the authority to remove his water rights if he broke the cup, but he didn't know that so she made sure to stand and talk as if she did.
In a slow movement, he looked at the food and the water. He smiled at it. Surely as hell he wouldn't eat it. Not right now. The new crew looked like they were loyal to the captain. "I guess Skrog found someone who can swallow the shit he says. Good for him. I'm glad. So, you're all heading to Weddell huh? Those are some dangerous waters for some even more dangerous cargo. But hey, you can't throw away an opportunity like that just for the risk, ain't that right? I hope y'all get lucky with the Defector Gun".

"I guess Skrog found someone who can swallow the shit he says. Good for him. I'm glad. So, you're all heading to Weddell huh? Those are some dangerous waters for some even more dangerous cargo. But hey, you can't throw away an opportunity like that just for the risk, ain't that right? I hope y'all get lucky with the Defector Gun".
So the prisoner knew who had him, that was good to know. She wasn't about to converse with him, but he was more than welcome to talk on his own.

"How about you eat," Terri said to the prisoner. She looked at her Gunner then, "Oi, Gunner((@CoShocker)), I know you love talking, feel free to not do that right now." She wasn't about to mess up her first job. Her eyes were on the prisoner, waiting for him to eat.

Crono said:
"Captain, do you have any idea where on the hull whatever it is that is slowing us down is?" Mabel asked, hearing the announcement she got a rag out of her pocket and tied it over her mouth. Probably wouldn't completely filter the air she breathed, but it might help a bit.
The captain looked at her and seeing as she and her boys would have to go outside, he gave them all gas masks. Old, but every one of them were functional. Just stinking a little bit on the inside... "It's a Mermaid. Dangerous bitch, got trapped in the boat by her teeths. You'll probably have to lower one of the safeboats to get her. Watch it, you know how dangerous they can get".

So the prisoner knew who had him, that was good to know. She wasn't about to converse with him, but he was more than welcome to talk on his own.

"How about you eat," Terri said to the prisoner. She looked at her Gunner then, "Oi, Gunner((@CoShocker)), I know you love talking, feel free to not do that right now." She wasn't about to mess up her first job. Her eyes were on the prisoner, waiting for him to eat.
"I don't feel like eating. I feel like getting to Weddell. Don't worry about me until we get there. I'm not gonna slow us down or anything. I'll just be here on the back... Watching. It'll be fun, I'm sure it will". He smiled again. Perhaps that way he could some extra info. The last tactic he had used didn't worked out well on the last crew.

Trevor just watched as Terri fed the prisoner. She had told him not to talk. As much as he wanted to he kept his mouth shut. He was smart enough to do that, sort of. "What's a defector gun?" He asked. He knew he was defying his commanding officers orders. He didn't care.

Salt.

Sodium Chloride is table salt and sea salt. It's salt.

Salt.

Salt is amazing.

"How come it's so corrosive...?"

Sonya strapped on the gas mask and gave it a test breath. She almost coughed. Pulling it up on top of her head, she felt the need to bring attention to this.

"Ach, Cap', do you ever change the air filters in these things? I almost choked on clean air." Clean filters keep crew alive and conscious. Dirty filters make people suffocate. "I'd say we could get them to work for the job, but it'd be pretty damn stuffy."

All because of some salt.

"You'll manage." Mabel said calmly. Her eyes searched around the room for that annoying Stig but rested on a heavy shovel instead. "Mind if I take that?" She asked the captain. She didn't even bother to ask why the hell a mermaid tried to eat the ship, she wasn't the type to gather useless information.

Trevor just watched as Terri fed the prisoner. She had told him not to talk. As much as he wanted to he kept his mouth shut. He was smart enough to do that, sort of. "What's a defector gun?" He asked. He knew he was defying his commanding officers orders. He didn't care.
The prisoner smiled to Trevor, happy for his question. "If you're an alien race on strange ground, you gotta have some protection, ya know. But that's not really what this is about. Supposedly, the Defector Gun is the thing they would send to Earth to catch any dangerous criminals that would land on the planet. The Defector Gun is sent to any alien officers on the ground to help them and assure that the criminal will be taken down. Basically, it's a briefcase with a shot inside - an injection, if you're in for fancy words. You stick the needle on your arm and unload the bitch inside your body. The substance is something that... It changes your body, your whole DNA. Basically, it's supposed to make you a sort of god and that's the substance that runs on the Galaxy Titans blood, you know, those freaking weird giant monsters? Yeah, that. It was never used on a human being though, so it'd be hard to know the effects. All I know is, it landed on Weddell and it's dangerous". He looked to Terri with a grin. "I know it because I worked for the embassy when it fell down".

Salt.

Sodium Chloride is table salt and sea salt. It's salt.

Salt.

Salt is amazing.

"How come it's so corrosive...?"

Sonya strapped on the gas mask and gave it a test breath. She almost coughed. Pulling it up on top of her head, she felt the need to bring attention to this.

"Ach, Cap', do you ever change the air filters in these things? I almost choked on clean air." Clean filters keep crew alive and conscious. Dirty filters make people suffocate. "I'd say we could get them to work for the job, but it'd be pretty damn stuffy."

All because of some salt.
"You'll manage." Mabel said calmly. Her eyes searched around the room for that annoying Stig but rested on a heavy shovel instead. "Mind if I take that?" She asked the captain. She didn't even bother to ask why the hell a mermaid tried to eat the ship, she wasn't the type to gather useless information.
"Turn the little thingy on the side of the mask to Sodium Information. And then, try to pull the filters down a little bit. It might help you, but I wouldn't breath this shitty air if I were you. It fucks up anybody's lungs and nobody even has any clues of what's lurking around in the air these days. I heard the flying gobbies could be around, so be careful", the captain yelled to Sonya. He then turned towards Mabel. "Uhm... Sure, why not? Be careful though. You know those things like to bite anything they see in front of them. It's hard to mantain close contact. On our first stop it'll be easier since we're getting some guns. For now, I guess the shovel will have to do the trick".

Leon walked back to the captain's quartets and said "fishing is done and i got a nice large catch. Mind if i help with the mermaid problem?"

Leon walked back to the captain's quartets and said "fishing is done and i got a nice large catch. Mind if i help with the mermaid problem?"
"Suit yourself. But mind you, mermaids are dangerous here. The salt makes them all more... Fiercy, let's go with that. So keep your heads up and follow the lead of the Navigator."

"I got a plan, don't you worry." Mabel replied with confidence in her voice. After adjusting her gas mask she turned and pointed valiantly with her shovel. "The Stig can join us later, come on Sonya and... Uh... Whatever your name is." She took one last gulp of fresh air and exited the captain's quarters. She only inhaled sparingly as she made her way to the safeboats.

"When has a fish ever beat a cat, especially a big cat?" Leon asked with a chuckle "they don't call me Leo the lion for nothin', cap'n." He added before he walked out on deck. His Leonin blood gave him a bit of a healing factor, so he could survive where others wouldn't last too long.

Ooh, Sonya just found a rival...

Securing the gas mask back in its rightful place upon her face, Sonya fiddled with the filter until it worked passably. Well, time to whack a merperson off the ship with a trowel. Then she and the guy who smells like dust and cat food can have a fishing competition. Well, when the salts die down, anyway.

"So, what's the plan, Navigator Ironsides?" Because quite frankly a shovel and a merperson's teeth don't seem like a fun combination - either that or it could be a very fun combination, but quite frankly, a crowbar or wedge plank would to the job fine. "We just gonna whack all of the mermaid's teeth in half with the shovel or something?"

"SOS. Mayday. Whatever the hell you'd like me to say!" Sol snapped desperately into the radio. He knew that the overly salty air would wreak havoc on the strength of the old radio that came with the lifeboat. He also knew that he wouldn't be harmed by it, so that was a plus. Thank Glaux he was an alien. "My coordinates are 173:508! Somebody help me, please!" He pleaded desperately. He narrowed his eyes as he saw a merperson poke her head out of the water and flash him a toothy smile. He grimaced and picked up the only remaining oar, ready to defend himself. Again. The first oar had gotten eaten already.
Alright, this was a new low, even for him. He supposed he might as well add some capital letters and periods to his name and go from Sol to S.O.L. Because was seriously shit outta luck right now. He didn't see any ships racing to save him. Of course, his attention was more focused on the merperson licking her chops than the horizon.

Last edited:
"What to you think I'm gonna do? I'm gonna knock her out." Mabel explained. If her plan worked it would be easy, quick, and safe. She made her way to one of the safe boats and waited for the others.

"Smart, but boring. I say we make an example of 'em. Cut our teeth by breaking theirs. Crack 'em in half! They'll never bite anything ever again!" Ooh the idea made her giddy... Intimidation was always fun.

"What's a defector gun?" He asked.
Terri glared openly at her Gunner, incredibly overly mad that he ignored her direct command. She knew her glare was terrifying, and didn't intend on ever changing it. How dare he disobey her like that, much less in response to the prisoner.
The prisoner smiled to Trevor, happy for his question. "If you're an alien race on strange ground, you gotta have some protection, ya know. But that's not really what this is about. Supposedly, the Defector Gun is the thing they would send to Earth to catch any dangerous criminals that would land on the planet. The Defector Gun is sent to any alien officers on the ground to help them and assure that the criminal will be taken down. Basically, it's a briefcase with a shot inside - an injection, if you're in for fancy words. You stick the needle on your arm and unload the bitch inside your body. The substance is something that... It changes your body, your whole DNA. Basically, it's supposed to make you a sort of god and that's the substance that runs on the Galaxy Titans blood, you know, those freaking weird giant monsters? Yeah, that. It was never used on a human being though, so it'd be hard to know the effects. All I know is, it landed on Weddell and it's dangerous". He looked to Terri with a grin. "I know it because I worked for the embassy when it fell down".
"Oi!" Terri spoke sharply, in a distinct effort to get everyone's attention. "Gunner (@CoShocker), shut up. I'm not sure what part of 'don't talk' was so confusing, but do not talk. Don't sing, don't question, do not talk. Stand there and watch. Prisoner(@The Gil), look, I get it, you say you had a job right? Then just eat so that I can do mine." She didn't turn away from the prisoner when she spoke, even as she spoke to her Gunner. She had both in her sights, the two being equally disliked in her books. The prisoner, boring them with information that she collected but knew better than to trust fully. Her Gunner, ignoring a direct command. She knew she spoke harshly, but it needed to happen.

It wouldn't take a behaviorist to tell how angry Terri was. He didn't look directly at her but he felt her angry eyes burning a hole in his head. He wanted to see now far he could push her. It's not like she would kill him...probably. "Sounds valuable. And no doubt a myth. But if it weren't where would on find something like that?" He knew the prisoner would probably lie. Trevor had no reason trust this thing.

"Sounds valuable. And no doubt a myth. But if it weren't where would on find something like that?"
Terri was about to blow her gasket, but decided against it. How would she manage this situation? She had to get her Gunner out of there, but wasn't leaving until the prisoner ate his food because she was going to complete the task.

"Gunner,"(@CoShocker) She decided upon her course of action. "Go to the hull and tell Mabel(@Crono) that we need to trade with her, why don't you?" She would have to deal with him later.

Status
Not open for further replies.