Pirates of the Everyocean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terri was slowly becoming impressed with the child, as she was the first to speak. Terri sighed, realizing now that she would have to communicate.

"To be honest, I'm not sure you'd let me quit." She said, looking out into the waters where a dead man now sunk. "Even if I wanted to that is."

Trevor thought for a second. This was really had no bad outcome. Become a space pirate and leave this shithole, or just leave this shithole. "I'm in." Trevor kinda liked this captain.

Mabel simply raised her robotic hand to signify she was in. There must be something the capitan wasn't saying, something he was leaving out in there perfect little adventure.

Terri nodded at Mabel, happy she was joining. Something about the girl was trustworthy, but it was off putting as well. She didn't usually get along with people as well. When she did, she often had to make sure she kept her guard up. Regardless, she saw no need to send her packing, having an ally couldn't be a bad thing out in ocean sea. Though, it seemed that the captain was really the only person one needed to befriend.

The deformed face of the captain replied with a grin. "Good thing. Good thing all of you are agreeing with this. I love that it worked so well to y'all. Now, to the fun part. I'll start with the orders that'll get us settled. For the navigator... Just wait a second... I think I have orders to some of my old subordinates that weren't fulfilled", Skrog said, reaching to his drawers. "Oh, I knew it. Here they are".

@Crono
navigatortask.jpg

@HelloBeautifulChild
mastergunnertask.jpg

"Alright, there'll be two teams with ya. The navigator gets two people to go with him, and the master gunner gets one. Our fancy cook ( @MelodiousLime ), our lovely gunner ( @CoShocker ) and our harpooneer ( @VerbalAbuse ). Pick your teams and you can get to it".​

Trevor glanced at Terri and then looked at the captain. "I'll go with the Master Gunner. May I ask why the prisoner is there?" Trevor was curious as to why there would be a prisoner at all. It's not like a prisoner is useful to their current course of action. But then again the captain may know that the prisoner knows something about their current objective.

Trevor glanced at Terri and then looked at the captain. "I'll go with the Master Gunner. May I ask why the prisoner is there?" Trevor was curious as to why there would be a prisoner at all. It's not like a prisoner is useful to their current course of action. But then again the captain may know that the prisoner knows something about their current objective.
The captain scratched his head and threw a look at Trevor that implied that he was asking a question that he shouldn't be asking. "He's there for... Information. Trust me, when you get there, he'll tell you everything. He's a chatty one, that fellow. That's why I don't like to keep him waiting, so I can hear him all the time".

"Oi, cap'n. sorry to keep you waiting. your new weapon is almost done. just have to put on the finishing touches and you get a weapon that is one of a kind." Leon, a Leonin shifter and master weapons smith and damn near expert fighter, said as he entered the room "i take it that our old quartermaster took a long walk into the sea, seeing as i can't find the fat bastard anywhere. oh well, he had taken more than he should have. but i took back what he stole from me."

"I'll go with the Master Gunner. May I ask why the prisoner is there?"
Terri was split, she knew she needed to use her only immediate 'employee' but, unfortunately, the stupid cook was better for the job. Hearing her Gunner talk though, she was happy and mildly impressed. It was good he wanted with her, though questioning the prisoner wasn't the smartest of plans. He appeared loyal (to her at least) so, as Master Gunner, she figured it was her job to keep him alive. She looked at Mabel then, she seemed trustworthy enough.
"He's there for... Information. Trust me, when you get there, he'll tell you everything. He's a chatty one, that fellow. That's why I don't like to keep him waiting, so I can hear him all the time".
Terri grinned lightly, a chatty fellow hu? Meant she didn't have to talk, which was good. She looked around, deciding then against the cook. She needed to get her Gunner in shape, and besides, a roll of bread, water, and an apple didn't require any fixing.

"We'll take a bread roll, apple, and some water, yeah?" She said, certain in her words but leaving space for correction. It was the Captains ship, prisoner, and food. It was then that some sort of builder or something came in.
"Oi, cap'n. sorry to keep you waiting. your new weapon is almost done. just have to put on the finishing touches and you get a weapon that is one of a kind." Leon, a Leonin shifter and master weapons smith and damn near expert fighter, said as he entered the room "i take it that our old quartermaster took a long walk into the sea, seeing as i can't find the fat bastard anywhere. oh well, he had taken more than he should have. but i took back what he stole from me."
Oh, the quartermaster had stolen from a fellow shipmate. She liked the Captain even more as she learned more about him. She was also intrigued by the weapons smith. Making unique weapons? That was a useful thing. Rather than interjecting, she decided to nod at her Gunner.

"Gunner,"@CoShocker She said, deciding that's what she'd call him. She wanted him near her, he was a tool best kept close at hand.

Captain Skrog raised his head towards the new armoury master. The man was hired a little bit before all the others from the new crew, and he was already familiar with the old quartermaster, after all, he did hired him in another bar. "I appreciate that you're making a weapon, Leon, but you can cut it out for now. We're entering Salty Roads, and the air screws up the metal. You'd be better moving to other activities by now".

SALTY ROADS

Little speakers rose from the ship floor. In and soothing feminine voice, they started to make an annoucement of sorts. "Our beautiful ship, The Flying Fox entered the territory known as the Salty Road. Please, try not to breath the outside air too much, since it may contain carcinogenic particles and close your eyes due to salt steam that may hurt your eyes. We're close to the House of Charms. Thank you all very much for your attention".​

"haven't been there before. your new weapon is made of Leonin steel and unlike other steels, it doesn't corrode that quickly and it will not break that easily either. but as you say, cap'n, i'll wait until we get to less corrosive waters. and i can tell you this, it will be your new favorite weapon." Leon said with an air of confidence. "heck, i could probably arm everyone with a weapon that fits them perfectly by tunder." he added with a chuckle.

Terri was split, she knew she needed to use her only immediate 'employee' but, unfortunately, the stupid cook was better for the job. Hearing her Gunner talk though, she was happy and mildly impressed. It was good he wanted with her, though questioning the prisoner wasn't the smartest of plans. He appeared loyal (to her at least) so, as Master Gunner, she figured it was her job to keep him alive. She looked at Mabel then, she seemed trustworthy enough.

Terri grinned lightly, a chatty fellow hu? Meant she didn't have to talk, which was good. She looked around, deciding then against the cook. She needed to get her Gunner in shape, and besides, a roll of bread, water, and an apple didn't require any fixing.

"We'll take a bread roll, apple, and some water, yeah?" She said, certain in her words but leaving space for correction. It was the Captains ship, prisoner, and food. It was then that some sort of builder or something came in.

Oh, the quartermaster had stolen from a fellow shipmate. She liked the Captain even more as she learned more about him. She was also intrigued by the weapons smith. Making unique weapons? That was a useful thing. Rather than interjecting, she decided to nod at her Gunner.

"Gunner,"@CoShocker She said, deciding that's what she'd call him. She wanted him near her, he was a tool best kept close at hand.
"Well, since you have decided who's going with it, you should just get to it. Our prisoner may be in a bad shape, and I wouldn't want him to die. Do whatever you want with him, but do not let him die. I hope that's clear to both of you", the captain said with a serious face. He didn't wanted to lose his only source of information about the key.

"heck, i could probably arm everyone with a weapon that fits them perfectly by tunder."
Terri raised her eyebrows, knowing she needed to talk to him. Everyone having a personalized weapon was an invaluable asset.

"Well, since you have decided who's going with it, you should just get to it. Our prisoner may be in a bad shape, and I wouldn't want him to die. Do whatever you want with him, but do not let him die. I hope that's clear to both of you"
She walked out then, headed towards the kitchen. She had assumed that her Gunner had followed, and hoped he was smart enough to do so.

"Gunner," @CoShocker , she said, grabbing the food and headed out of the kitchen and into the lower deck. As she walked, swiftly. "You've got two jobs right now. One) watch the prisoner, take mental notes, don't let anything bad happen. If the prisoner spontaneously combusts in a white light of fury, it is your fault. Two) Watch me, make sure I don't miss out. If this guys clever, we need to be sure he doesn't trick us. Got it?"

As of right now, stepping into the lower deck, Terri had a simple plan. Feed the prisoner, leave. Have her Gunner watch. It was a simple task, and as her first, she didn't want to mess it up.

Trevor followed Terri obediantly. He took note of how she only called him gunner. "You know I have a name." She seemed like something was, how they say, bugging her. "I bet this prisoner is valuable. Judging by how the captain was so serious about us not letting him die. Speaking of dying, I never got to finish my lame joke earlier. Knock knock." He said with a smug smile.

Lower Cell

Heading to another one of the floor doors, one would find himself inside the lower deck, the place where the old crew would hold the prisoners when it was necessary. Inside, a thick pole of a strong and odd metalic material decorated the middle of the deck. Chained to it, there was the prisoner from the ship, laying against the pole. A big man, bald, with a square face and a scar that crossed his face, from his right eye to the his left lower lip. He was dressed in a ripped white shirt and dirty jean pants. There were no shoes on his feet, and everything about him just made him look like a wild animal. His eyes were open, looking down to the floor.​

"So, Cap'n, since I'm taking a break from my craft what are your orders?" Leon asked. today must've been a very good day because typically he had to be called out to hold a conversation. he hadn't mentioned that he had the blood of a leonin running through his veins which made him a leonin shifter, a human that could assume the form of a leonin, however he was certain that some of the crew including the captain could tell what he was. that he wasn't human. he wasn't hiding the fact, but he also wasn't bringing it up. those who really knew him sometimes called him Leo the lion. of course that took time to figure out and he didn't really let anyone get that close too easily.

"So, Cap'n, since I'm taking a break from my craft what are your orders?" Leon asked. today must've been a very good day because typically he had to be called out to hold a conversation. he hadn't mentioned that he had the blood of a leonin running through his veins which made him a leonin shifter, a human that could assume the form of a leonin, however he was certain that some of the crew including the captain could tell what he was. that he wasn't human. he wasn't hiding the fact, but he also wasn't bringing it up. those who really knew him sometimes called him Leo the lion. of course that took time to figure out and he didn't really let anyone get that close too easily.
The captain raised his head quickly. There were no orders on his mind, but they needed food, so he decided to send the guy to go fishing. Skrog opened of his drawers and took a little harp out of it. "Try to lure some Henson Mermaids with this. We need dinner. I'm kidding of course, stay away from the mermaids, that thing will kill you. Instead, lure some small Aqualords close to the boat and break its neck. We gotta have something to eat".

"aye, sir. you can always count on a cat to fish." Leon said with a chuckle as he took the harp and walked out on deck before he climbed out onto the sharp point onto the bow and started playing the harp as he closed his eyes. as he played, his body began to change into that of a proud leonin warrior. his muscles doubled in size, his legs became those of a humanoid lion, his face elongated into that of a lion while the rest of his head assumed the form of a lion and his hands doubled in size before claws erupted from his finger tips. his body then became coated in the majestic fur of a lion and he grew a tail. to anyone watching, it would look painful the way his muscles increased in size and his bones shifted around and reformed in some cases. but that was the furthest from the truth. it wasn't long before his prey came up out of the depths and he made good use of that point he was sitting on and pounced on one of the aqualords before he brought it out of the water and with a powerful swing of one of his paw like hands, broke its neck before throwing it up on deck and climbing the side of the ship to repeat the process until a good sized pile was sitting at the front of the ship.

"Why does he get to go fishing? I've lived my life off the blade of my own two swords, killing Shallowbears, Timber Whales, Dolphindogs, you name it." Seeming put off by the captain's judgement, Sonya sighed then shrugged.

"Orders are orders, I guess. So I'll be plucking at that thingamajig stuck to the ship, then? Would say my swords could cut anything short of diamonds, but considering the salt, it doesn't seem like a good idea. It's hard to keep a blade well-treated when mineral oils are so hard to find."

She resolved to make a quick git to the crew quarters to put her blades up and keep them unexposed, just as soon as her colleagues (@Crono @MelodiousLime) got into the snap of things.

"You know I have a name."
Terri rolled her eyes at him, she was sure she'd bother to learn it later. Maybe.
"I bet this prisoner is valuable. Judging by how the captain was so serious about us not letting him die. Speaking of dying, I never got to finish my lame joke earlier. Knock knock."
Terri nearly groaned in annoyance, looking over her shoulder at his smug smile. She did like that he hadn't felt any need to comment on her orders, it was a respect she found important. However, he was stupid insistent about the knock knock jokes, and talking, and bonding. She wondered lightly if her position allowed for murder before turning her attention to the prisoner.
A big man, bald, with a square face and a scar that crossed his face, from his right eye to the his left lower lip. He was dressed in a ripped white shirt and dirty jean pants. There were no shoes on his feet, and everything about him just made him look like a wild animal. His eyes were open, looking down to the floor.
"Let's not talk till we're done," She said, deciding he was smart enough to not get barked at with a sharp 'Shut Up!' She walked to the prisoner, wondering if he would just take the food or require conversation.

As she handed him the water, setting the cup next to him, and food she spoke. "Here, this is for you. Don't break the cup." She didn't imagine he would throw the cup out or smash it, but didn't want to find out. She was fairly certain she didn't have the authority to remove his water rights if he broke the cup, but he didn't know that so she made sure to stand and talk as if she did.

Status
Not open for further replies.