Pirates of the Everyocean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defiantly loyal sounds like a contradiction

Sol's going to hate all of you if you let him get eaten by a mermaid lol

What is your name, chump?

The name is Rachel Yelland Hill.

Are ya old enough to do this? How old are ya?

25 years old. Is that old enough for ya?

Tell me a bit about how ya behave (personality)

Rachel is an accidental jackass. No, really, this is a thing that exists. She is blunt and really straight forward, but that's just her way. She doesn't know how to be gentle or serious in delicate situations, and it's not out of malice. However, she is too embarrassed to actually admit that she just doesn't know how to comfort someone, so she covers it all with a thick wall of sarcasm and assholeism. The thing with being perceived as an asshole is that there aren't expectations to worry about. It's way easier. There's also the genius thing to add it up, she's a genius at mechanics and physics. She looks at a person crying and she doesn't see someone heartbroken or disappointed, she sees a broken engine and she knows she must fix it, however, the code is written in a language unknown to her, so, instead of fixing it, she ends up worsening the situation. Eventually, she stopped trying.

How do you look? (pics/description)
qzdij9-l-610x610-dress-girls-woman-freckles-tumblr-clothes-heels-hair-men-fashion-grunge.jpg

Rachel has a big body mark on her back and left arm, something that reminds a tribal tattoo. It's the only thing that proofs her alien blood.
Tribal-Back-Tattoo-Designs-30.jpg

(Please, ignore the tattoo the woman has on her right arm)
What ya good at? (experience/strong points)

Rachel is a genius at mechanical engineering and physics. She can solve any puzzle if given the time. She can't really fight that well, tho she knows just enough to not get herself killed during a fight, however, she can and will create weapons to her defense. She's also a skilled liar and actress.

How did you ended up in this hole? (history)

Rachel is the daughter of a scientist that worked on the "Pure H2O Machine", and an alien. She never knew her mother, since she was just one of the many women her father slept with. However, the memories she has of her dad are just as many as she has of her mom, none. Well, almost none, but they are all of him working or just a quick glance at her. Technically, she was raised by her nanny, Mary Hill. This being the reason she has Hill on her name, even though she's not related to the woman.

By the time she was 20, the machine was finished, and thus the hell began. Rachel was already living by herself, since Mary had passed away and her father never really acknowledged her. She had her own laboratory and creations, companies of the whole world came to her looking for help to fix their problems. But it all went downhills when the flooding began. Rachel received news that her father had died, though she hardly reacted to it since, well, you know, she was trying to survive here. There's not really much time to mourn a stranger.

The crossbreed managed to survive by stealing a little boat and updating it, however, without money things started to get rough and she realized that this life was really boring. Suddenly, living as a pirate seemed really interesting.

Why should I trust you in my ship?

First of all, you shouldn't trust someone who is willing to become a pirate, but, oh well, whatever. Rachel can fix any problem the ship may have, also, she can entertain you with her sarcasm and logical way of thinking. And she creates awesome weapons, so... She's hirable.

What are you after?

Survival, perhaps. Nah, not really. Trouble, a way of ending this boring life. Excitement. A challenge, something that can keep up with her brain.

Reactions: HelloBeautifulChild
"Sounds valuable. And no doubt a myth. But if it weren't where would on find something like that?"
Terri was about to blow her gasket, but decided against it. How would she manage this situation? She had to get her Gunner out of there, but wasn't leaving until the prisoner ate his food because she was going to complete the task.

"Gunner,"(@CoShocker) She decided upon her course of action. "Go to the hull and tell Mabel(@Crono) that we need to trade with her, why don't you?" She would have to deal with him later.

I asked the staff about this one, because it was so unusual a case. o3o

It looks like @HelloBeautifulChild has been trying to get people's attention as a result of a missed post (two reposts moved here as a result of OOC-ness), but it looks like the issue's been resolved.

For future reference, @HelloBeautifulChild, it is preferable to communicate with your peers directly or in the OOC thread when encountering a situation like this; it is more direct and probably will get their attention faster. :3

@The Gil,
If you notice something like this going on, it's perfectly reasonable for you as the GM to ensure that each player is being recognized! There's nothing rude about keeping everybody on the same page. :D

Anyhow, sorry for the disruption; the posts were reckoned OOC by the staff so I moved them here. If you need anything else, you can tag me to get my attention or message me privately! c:
Happy roleplaying!

Reactions: MrSandman
Name: Rivrin Valhalla
Personality: Rivrin is fierce and intensely loyal, she is strong and incredibly agile, she has a serious no play attitude and doesn't like jokes.
Appearance:
large.jpg

Experience/Strong Points: Hand to hand combat, Military Background, Acrobatics.
History: Rivrin was a part of a privately owned elite group of military soldiers who were to protect the government officials against an alien rebellion everyone feared would happen, the funders feared the aliens would come back and slaughter the human race for their ignorance and destruction of the alien shell. Rivrin had been just a kid when she recieved her training for the job. The goverment officials who funded the team no longer had the money to keep the force together as it became a dog eat dog kind of world and the Elite force known as the White Fox dispersed.
"Why should I trust you?" Because Rivrin would be a huge asset with her military training and loyal obedience.
"What are you after?" Rivrin is just looking to be a useful tool she was trained her whole life to be.
Accepted. Sorry about the wait, it was like wow, I wasn't getting any alerts from here at all

The name is Rachel Yelland Hill.

25 years old. Is that old enough for ya?

Rachel is an accidental jackass. No, really, this is a thing that exists. She is blunt and really straight forward, but that's just her way. She doesn't know how to be gentle or serious in delicate situations, and it's not out of malice. However, she is too embarrassed to actually admit that she just doesn't know how to comfort someone, so she covers it all with a thick wall of sarcasm and assholeism. The thing with being perceived as an asshole is that there aren't expectations to worry about. It's way easier. There's also the genius thing to add it up, she's a genius at mechanics and physics. She looks at a person crying and she doesn't see someone heartbroken or disappointed, she sees a broken engine and she knows she must fix it, however, the code is written in a language unknown to her, so, instead of fixing it, she ends up worsening the situation. Eventually, she stopped trying.

qzdij9-l-610x610-dress-girls-woman-freckles-tumblr-clothes-heels-hair-men-fashion-grunge.jpg

Rachel has a big body mark on her back and left arm, something that reminds a tribal tattoo. It's the only thing that proofs her alien blood.
Tribal-Back-Tattoo-Designs-30.jpg

(Please, ignore the tattoo the woman has on her right arm)

Rachel is a genius at mechanical engineering and physics. She can solve any puzzle if given the time. She can't really fight that well, tho she knows just enough to not get herself killed during a fight, however, she can and will create weapons to her defense. She's also a skilled liar and actress.

Rachel is the daughter of a scientist that worked on the "Pure H2O Machine", and an alien. She never knew her mother, since she was just one of the many women her father slept with. However, the memories she has of her dad are just as many as she has of her mom, none. Well, almost none, but they are all of him working or just a quick glance at her. Technically, she was raised by her nanny, Mary Hill. This being the reason she has Hill on her name, even though she's not related to the woman.

By the time she was 20, the machine was finished, and thus the hell began. Rachel was already living by herself, since Mary had passed away and her father never really acknowledged her. She had her own laboratory and creations, companies of the whole world came to her looking for help to fix their problems. But it all went downhills when the flooding began. Rachel received news that her father had died, though she hardly reacted to it since, well, you know, she was trying to survive here. There's not really much time to mourn a stranger.

The crossbreed managed to survive by stealing a little boat and updating it, however, without money things started to get rough and she realized that this life was really boring. Suddenly, living as a pirate seemed really interesting.

First of all, you shouldn't trust someone who is willing to become a pirate, but, oh well, whatever. Rachel can fix any problem the ship may have, also, she can entertain you with her sarcasm and logical way of thinking. And she creates awesome weapons, so... She's hirable.

What are you after?

Survival, perhaps. Nah, not really. Trouble, a way of ending this boring life. Excitement. A challenge, something that can keep up with her brain.
Accepted too. Y'all gunna get some PMs

Jade Barbour

Are ya old enough to do this?
How old are ya?
I'm 22.

She is quiet. She only talks when she has too and doesn't enjoy idle chitchat. Due to this she is often perceived as blunt and unapproachable. Really she is just afraid of growing attached to people only to end up losing them again. This is why she tends to keep everyone at an arm's length. If someone does happen to get past her outer shell, however; they will find that she is actually a very kind and caring person. Also even with her quiet exterior, she won't hesitate to stand up for what she thinks is right, especially if an innocent life is on the line.

image.jpg

I'm skilled at navigation, steering, rigging, and fishing. Basically anything that has to do with a boat, I can do. I'm also pretty handy with a sword. But don't you EVER ask me to cook, unless, of course, you happen to like the taste of burnt fish.

Jade was just one of the many children orphaned by the rising oceans. She was 14 when it happened. The seas swallowed everything she had ever know, everyone she had ever loved. The only reason she survived was because her parents had used all of their money to buy her a place on a merchant's ship before her homeland drowned. She didn't want to go. In fact, she wishes she hadn't. She would have rather died with them than be the only one who survived... but that's not what happened. She stayed on the boat for a long time after that, having no where else to go. She worked hard and in exchange got shelter, food, and occasionally some money. As time wore on, the merchant became like a second father to her. He taught her how to steer the ship, how to use the stars for navigation, and many other boat-related things. He even taught her how to fight with a sword. Her life was finally getting back on track, that is until tragedy struck. Pirates. They came at night when most of the crew were sleeping. They killed everyone, everyone except her. Again. It happened again. She was the only one left. She was held prisoner on the pirate vessel for two years before she was able to escape. Now she is a wanderer, taking work wherever she can in order to survive.

You shouldn't. I'm as much of a stranger to you as you are to me, but I need the work and you need a crew. Trust isn't really necessary.

What are you after?
Food and money, I have to get by somehow, and I don't have many skills other than knowing my way around a ship.

Last edited by a moderator:

I tend to go by Scales.

Twenty-seven, give or take quite a while. From then on I lost track.

I'm somewhat shy. Usually fairly observant, unless distracted. When I'm dry, at least. If wet, I become more of an animalistic, anthropophagous predator with a craving for humanoid flesh. Of course, all of that will be directed at whoever happens to occupy the boat we're currently boarding.

Deceptively human, when above water. Dark hair, sea blue eyes, tanned skin, swimmer's muscle structure. I despise clothes, but I'll wear a pair of shorts if I have to. Under water, I'm coated in a layer of slick silver scales, and my legs fuse into a long, serpentine tail resembling an eel's. I have gills on the side of my neck and webbed fingers, as well as a series of membranous, spiny fins protruding from my back, arms, and tail, and three rows of thin, needle-like teeth.

I was trained as a biologist and a doctor. I have a kit with me, and I can patch up many injuries. None of the newest stuff, I'm afraid, I stick to old-fashioned bandages, salves, and the like. Also, abilities pertaining to being a merman; Hypnotic song, to lure or lull to sleep, speed and strength beyond human norms, enhanced hearing and sight, and, when needed, the bite capacity of a disgruntled shark. I can also bestow temporary gills on another humanoid, though this is a painful process.

Not my proudest anecdote, so I'll keep it brief. I was, for most of my life, entirely human. Born into a reasonably well-off family, trained in medical science at a prominent university... Unfortunately, I was vain enough to make a powerful enemy, and too stupid to realize the threat he represented. Through... means his kind alone could access, he cursed me into being what I am now. I've drifted, quite literally, from coast to coast, surviving on sailors and fishermen. I'm on a 'kill on sight' basis in many places, if I get noticed, so piracy offers a welcome opportunity to stay safe.

I'm a merman. I depend on cannibalism to survive. Your ship is one of the only ones that won't have me gutted on the spot, so I depend on the environment your ship provides. I'm a careful creature. I know better than to risk losing my haven through rash behavior or disrespect.

What are you after?

Food. My continued existence depends on consuming the flesh of sentient humanoids. I require no pay, no other meals, no water. All I ask is that you let me have a body once every few weeks, live or recently dead. I could even finish off some of the remains after battle.

Jade Barbour

Are ya old enough to do this?
How old are ya?
I'm 22.

She is quiet. She only talks when she has too and doesn't enjoy idle chitchat. Due to this she is often perceived as blunt and unapproachable. Really she is just afraid of growing attached to people only to end up losing them again. This is why she tends to keep everyone at an arm's length. If someone does happen to get past her outer shell, however; they will find that she is actually a very kind and caring person. Also even with her quiet exterior, she won't hesitate to stand up for what she thinks is right, especially if an innocent life is on the line.

View attachment 54398

I'm skilled at navigation, steering, rigging, and fishing. Basically anything that has to do with a boat, I can do. I'm also pretty handy with a sword. But don't you EVER ask me to cook, unless, of course, you happen to like the taste of burnt fish.

Jade was just one of the many children orphaned by the rising oceans. She was 14 when it happened. The seas swallowed everything she had ever know, everyone she had ever loved. The only reason she survived was because her parents had used all of their money to buy her a place on a merchant's ship before her homeland drowned. She didn't want to go. In fact, she wishes she hadn't. She would have rather died with them than be the only one who survived... but that's not what happened. She stayed on the boat for a long time after that, having no where else to go. She worked hard and in exchange got shelter, food, and occasionally some money. As time wore on, the merchant became like a second father to her. He taught her how to steer the ship, how to use the stars for navigation, and many other boat-related things. He even taught her how to fight with a sword. Her life was finally getting back on track, that is until tragedy struck. Pirates. They came at night when most of the crew were sleeping. They killed everyone, everyone except her. Again. It happened again. She was the only one left. She was held prisoner on the pirate vessel for two years before she was able to escape. Now she is a wanderer, taking work wherever she can in order to survive.

You shouldn't. I'm as much of a stranger to you as you are to me, but I need the work and you need a crew. Trust isn't really necessary.

What are you after?
Food and money, I have to get by somehow, and I don't have many skills other than knowing my way around a ship.

I tend to go by Scales.

Twenty-seven, give or take quite a while. From then on I lost track.

I'm somewhat shy. Usually fairly observant, unless distracted. When I'm dry, at least. If wet, I become more of an animalistic, anthropophagous predator with a craving for humanoid flesh. Of course, all of that will be directed at whoever happens to occupy the boat we're currently boarding.

Deceptively human, when above water. Dark hair, sea blue eyes, tanned skin, swimmer's muscle structure. I despise clothes, but I'll wear a pair of shorts if I have to. Under water, I'm coated in a layer of slick silver scales, and my legs fuse into a long, serpentine tail resembling an eel's. I have gills on the side of my neck and webbed fingers, as well as a series of membranous, spiny fins protruding from my back, arms, and tail, and three rows of thin, needle-like teeth.

I was trained as a biologist and a doctor. I have a kit with me, and I can patch up many injuries. None of the newest stuff, I'm afraid, I stick to old-fashioned bandages, salves, and the like. Also, abilities pertaining to being a merman; Hypnotic song, to lure or lull to sleep, speed and strength beyond human norms, enhanced hearing and sight, and, when needed, the bite capacity of a disgruntled shark. I can also bestow temporary gills on another humanoid, though this is a painful process.

Not my proudest anecdote, so I'll keep it brief. I was, for most of my life, entirely human. Born into a reasonably well-off family, trained in medical science at a prominent university... Unfortunately, I was vain enough to make a powerful enemy, and too stupid to realize the threat he represented. Through... means his kind alone could access, he cursed me into being what I am now. I've drifted, quite literally, from coast to coast, surviving on sailors and fishermen. I'm on a 'kill on sight' basis in many places, if I get noticed, so piracy offers a welcome opportunity to stay safe.

I'm a merman. I depend on cannibalism to survive. Your ship is one of the only ones that won't have me gutted on the spot, so I depend on the environment your ship provides. I'm a careful creature. I know better than to risk losing my haven through rash behavior or disrespect.

What are you after?

Food. My continued existence depends on consuming the flesh of sentient humanoids. I require no pay, no other meals, no water. All I ask is that you let me have a body once every few weeks, live or recently dead. I could even finish off some of the remains after battle.
Accepted and accepted. I'll be PMing both of you as soon as I can. If you already have an idea on how to come in, you can already PM me

Reactions: BlueFadedRose
I've become a little confused as to what is happening.

So the peeps on the sub are going to join us eventually I assume?

Status
Not open for further replies.