Pirates in a new place then just the belly of the sea..

Where would this Roleplay plant here?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muno

That Weird Kid in the Back
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Horror, Paranormal, Sci-fi, Yuri, Yaoi, Furry, Steam Punk, Historical, and many more
Hey guys...yea I'm back with something new..hmmm anyway
I was thinking about something for a while now
Though I'm not sure if anyone else this yet or not oh well

You like adventures, yes? Of course you do!
You like Pirates, yes? Of course you do!
You like the internet, yes? OF COURSE YOU DO!

So was thinking about something that have to do with Internet pirates and what not maybe a bit different
Cause I like the Pirate days and would have steam punk kind of thing but who haven't already did that? Sinbad and Treasure Planet and whatnot

So what do you guys think so far?
I have more info later but you know.....

Ohhh my gosh this seems like it would be so much fun! I'd be up for something if there's any more interest!

Is this going to be actual steam punk? Or more like... future/hover tech and stuff? Kind of like Treasure Planet (like you mentioned)?

@UnsafeSpaces

More like futuristic cyberpunk type thing
Yea kind of like Treasure Planet with the jet used ships and stuff
They most likely not use actual swords, but more like saber like blades and beam like ammo for guns and the such

Ohhhh!! That sounds like such a blast!

So there'd be plasma guns and cool high tech buildings and stuff! What would be the goals for the pirates?? Like what would they be stealing money or some kind of special ore? Or is there more to it??

I was thinking maybe something almost like piracy vs the law inforcement/peacekeepers type deal
we can bring up some type of special ore later
First they steal things and bring recuse like pirates do in hubs and what not
Then probably they hear about the special ore
While the peacekeepers does the opposite and try to keep the ore safe....well most of them would that is ouo
There's more to it, of course, that welcomes other ideas to put in

A lot could be done with this idea. Ancient curse glitches, sea monster bugs, fire wall fortresses, a great freeze, world ending viruses, email trading ships, occult-revered hackers... Sorry got a bit lost there. Anyway I'm in!

No no keep the ideas coming
Great!
I was just thinking about those firewalls and blue screen the other day

Oh man this all sounds really awesome, so count me in. Big fan of all our lovely pirates, so how 'bout the treasure hunting? Coded treasure maps, hacking into info banks, modified compasses, lighthouses that serves as server beacons, losing the keys to the ship... Or maybe some slang? Sirens could be like a term for ways the peacekeepers lure pirates. And not to mention gear like fancy feather hats, sight giving eyepatches, a stump with a gun, and snappy boots ovo
The possibilities really are endless

Hmmm, interesting. Vague idea that just came to mind:

What if, on this world, "the internet" was more like Tron or The Matrix; people have cybernetic implants that allow them to access a stylized virtual/augmented reality, and that transfer of information is done by acting things out in that world, rather than typing on keyboards (i.e., much higher bandwidth). On the "outside," people have ordinary jobs to get by, etc., but if you want to send encrypted data to someone, you've got to switch to cyberspace, get into your Blockade Runner with translucent microchip-circuit-veined butterfly wing sails and try to slip past the Enforcers. So, the server at your local restaurant could be a feared and renowned pirate captain, and you'd never know...

All of these ideas sound awesome
Glad your interested as well
For some reason I laughed about the fancy feather hats lol
Too late at night for this
Everyone's ideas are wonderful and bring more to the rp
There's going to be a lot of interesting things going on in this roleplay

IM IN!

FUCK YEAH! STEAMPUNK PIRATES!

Certainly an interesting idea...I'll have to see if I can fit this RP into my schedule

@Crono

I know I've seen and excited to start
I've been working on the plot and stuffs
Gotta make it good
xhefxjehhdshsgd
hopefully I have it done soon
don't have to wait anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.