Status
Not open for further replies.
wb2xht.jpg

Danny is gone. Swallowed by the sea before I e'en showed up.

He already knew the answer to his own question, but Davy's words made it feel real—gave it a certain finality.

Nolan nodded his head numbly. It felt like a weight had been dropped on his shoulders, but there was also a twinge of relief in knowing that he and the others had made it through such a frightening ordeal. He was glad to be alive, but being alive was painful too...

Danny's death and his conversation with Kriss made him think. It made him realize how close they all were to death. What would he do if Luro or the captain died? What would Annie do if he died? They had died, and this...this was the last chance they would ever get. He followed his friends on what felt like wooden legs and when the captain paused to thank Davy Jones, he turned around and nodded his head. "Thank you for the second chance," he wasn't just thanking Davy, but Lilly, Kriss and all the spirits that had helped them. "Thank you all."

♠ ♠ ♠

The smell of the sea made Nolan jerk his head upwards. The blood red sky from the locker was no longer there, and in its place was an orange sunrise. He pinched his cheek and half wondered everything before had been a dream. He wondered if any of them would be the same after all that, after dying and meeting Davy Jones himself.

Nolan was prone to worrying, he worried about weather or not his friends got enough to eat and worried whenever they got hurt, so it was hard not to internalize the events in the Albatross and if not for Alicia's voice, he would have stood there catatonic until nightfall.

He looked up at her as if coming out of a daze. "That...that sounds beautiful, poetic even." He thought about Danny—the shortest member of their little family, their navigator, a bouncing ball of colored ink and broad grins—and Nolan despite the empty feeling in his chest, Nolan managed a smile. "I think Danny would have wanted that...she, she was always getting excited over colored ink and fireworks and sky lanterns," he nodded his head, "those sound like something she would have really loved." Nolan wanted to ask Alicia if he could help, but before he could say anything, she had already left.

He turned to face the captain and sighed, "Stories to create...it really makes you think doesn't it?" Nolan was leaning against the railing now. "I'm sure plenty of others had legends they wanted to make to, so why us? Out of so many people, why us?" He wasn't talking to anyone in particular now, just voicing the questions that buzzed around his brain like a swarm of angry bees.

He stared at the blueness of the ocean and just stared. After a few moments, he pulled himself together just in time to see Alicia arrive with a lantern.

Perhaps you should be the one to cast it?"

Nolan's eyes flitted to the lantern in Alicia's arms then to the captain. The Stardusk Pirates hadn't been sailing for a long time, but the time they had spent together felt invaluable and they had become a family.

The captain was the rock that held them all together and despite her unwavering bravery and thirst for adventure, Nolan still thought of her as a little sister.

Ray was the smart uncle they could depend on for advice on the world around them.

Luro, while almost never sober was the older brother and while somewhat silly, he always had their back.

Alicia was the older sister who always tried to stand tall and brave. Her calm no-nonsense attitude made a wave of relief wash over him.

And Danny—Danny was the cheerful younger sister who died before her rightful time...

Nolan stopped himself and gave Alicia a firm nod of the head. "It would be an honor."

Last edited by a moderator:
Luro wondered if this was the ship legends got to captain, if this was the case he had to do what he needed to make sure Runali became one so they could have a ship like this.
Of course he'd gladly take care of the Coral Pearl for her when the time came but he put that thought aside as Davy Jones continued showing them around the Albatross, though he felt at one point there was too much gold and shiny things around.
He wasn't one for the finer things though so that was probably just his preference, he admitted the chandelier's especially in the elevator were impressive but when the Coral Pearl was in front of him again he felt a wave of relief flood over him.
Seeing it completely new however caused his smile to shrink to a smaller one and his eyebrows to draw down a little, he appreciated that Davy Jones fixed the ship, and restocked it with something to drink, but he liked the little imperfections in the ship.
Seeing where the bullet had hit back when they were just starting their journey was a fond memory to him, not of the captain getting shot but of all of them working together and escaping.
To him it was like seeing a generally abrasive and irritable lass all dressed up in finery, it was a strange sight.
He didn't voice this though and was just happy to have the ship back, he grinned at Davy Jones before they left giving him a two finger salute.
Luro had a feeling he'd see him again before he was an old man so this was a temporary farewell.
What he said about the spirits stuck with him though, especially about their company for life.

When the morning sunrise met his vision Luro felt a strange sense of peace for a fleeting moment as he stared at the ocean.
No matter how many times he watched it rise or watch the gentleness of the waves as mist of water sprayed his face, the cool breeze and that familiar air that tickled his nose only bested by Nolan's food in the evening, he always felt a strange contentment looking at it.
His mind would always wander whenever he watched the ocean, generally to random things but being able to think clearly for the first time in goodness knows how long he found his thoughts drifting to Danny for a moment.
He heard the captain speak of commemorating her and honestly he wasn't sure where to start with that, generally he just raised a drink to them and moved on, occasionally dropping a full bottle in the ocean for them, but for the lass that didn't' seem appropriate, her place wasn't at the bottom of the ocean.
To him that moment in the world was was his goodbye to her, but saying farewell with the whole crew seemed far more appropriate.
He thought of all the questions he never got to ask, the island she spoke of and he still didn't know what all her tattoo's were for but these were questions he'd never have answers to and he had to live with that.
In the end he just turned and walked to the rum room to get a drink noticing Alicia was gone, he was happy to see his throne was still there, and his sack of brass goodies were available.
He grabbed a wine bottle and stared at it, with a shrug he grabbed another and turning walked back to the main deck to see Alicia holding some kind of lantern.
Luro tilted his head seeing it but hearing what it was for he offered a small nod before moving the wine bottles to his right hand, holding them between his fingers to free his other hand.
That was far more beautiful then what he was going to recommend, he looked at the bottles and smiled a little it'd seemed he'd just take care of these two on his own then.

He watched as Alicia held the lantern out offering it to Nolan who would do the honors of releasing it which Luro agreed with, Nolan was the one that found Danny when she was a stowaway on their ship and even then he was kind to her, Luro just threatened to kill her if she didn't help though they did become friends afterwards.
He walked next to Nolan after he agreed to the honor and give him a pat on the shoulder.
"Make sure to smile when you send it off Nolan, you gotta say goodbye with a happy face. Thinking of the good memories," Luro said offering a smile of his own. "That goes for everyone too, you gotta smile too Ray you two did go on a 'date' least far as Lily's concerned, a big grin from you especially."
He stepped away from him and walking back over to the side of the ship sat against it before setting one of the glasses down opening the other.
"I'll always remember the lass couldn't hold her own with the drink but she had the heart to try, I'll always respect that."

• Love
Reactions: Fox of Spades
Ray was quite impressed with the Albatross; such a vessel was so large, he had trouble picturing its full size. Far easier to grasp was the salvage and near perfect restoration of the Coral Pearl. However he was quite eager to go to bed. He briefly noted that his clothes were in fine condition; it seemed that Davy Jones' men had gone out of their way to wash them of sea salt, something he was absently grateful for. He collapsed into his hammock and tried to sleep, but Shaw's words rang in his head.

"Boy, you see teh forest and miss the trees...."

Ray now realized he hated riddles. He much rather preferred a blunt and honest opinion, rather than the twisting of words and logic, even if it was for his benefit. He struggled to reconcile the conflicted feelings toward Lisset, to little avail and tried to fall asleep. Somewhere between consciousness and slumber it occurred to him that he wouldn't be having this dilemma if he didn't still love her in some way. I suppose only time will tell if my affection is misplaced. Too tired to think out his problems further, he drifted off to sleep, content that at least some progress came of it.

---

The next day, the crew held Danny's memorial service. Alicia's sky lantern idea seemed quite appropriate for the service, since Lendrian belief seemed rather empty for outsiders. All he could do is sing.

“Lords watch over your journey.” He murmured afterward. Luro's reminder of their time spent together on Utsukushī made him smile and shake his head. “Dating?” he snorted, “She wasn't even my type. I thought of her like a hyper little sister I never had. Remember back in Waterdeep when she was trying all the different food and I tried to tell her about them all? I just couldn't keep up! And on Utsukushī, I would have gotten you all presents, if it wasn't for her jumping on my back.”

2a7y33m.jpg

When she mentioned a commemoration, it grew quite silent for a few moments. It wasn't exactly a moment silence for Danny, but more rather a moment of silence in order to figure out how to give her a proper funeral. Alicia excused herself and Runali nodded. Maybe the swordswoman had her own way of grieving, but together they would do something, whether it was a simple moment of silence or a few words in her honor. Runali sat on the railing in front of the helm and looked down at the main deck where her crew had stood, still in awe towards the fact that they were alive. The wood under her felt a lot smoother, and running her hand against it didn't cause splinters. Luro was next to go off, but the captain waited in silence. It was then, she decided to reminisce on Danny's life as a pirate. She was their short, hyperactive, pinwheel loving navigator. Runali hopped down and onto the main deck as both Luro and Alicia returned to the group. “I say not to question the why. Just look to the future, think of how to make those spirits of ours proud. However we can do that.”

At the idea of Nolan casting the lantern, Runali smiled and nodded. “It’s a great idea.” With Luro’s comment on keeping good memories as they casted the lantern, she nodded again. The crew had the right idea. There was no need for her to say much of anything else. “Give me a sec.” The captain walked off to see if there were any matches that hadn’t been damaged. Fortunately, a few were still in a small draw in her room. With a quick sweep, it was obvious that the little she did have in the room was still there, however she’d have to get more clothes seeing as though those did get washed away when the ship sank. Before she headed back to the main deck, she stopped at their navigator’s book room. A lot of the books had been gone and so were many of Danny’s maps. Runali picked up the lone pinwheel that rested on the desk and took it with her.

“Alright, time to light it.” She lowered the lantern in Nolan’s hands and lit the candle inside. With a look towards the crew, she stepped back and gestured for Nolan to cast the lantern to see.

tumblr_ly21xpMAMx1qawo3bo1_500.gif

tumblr_nbsnscmBMX1r8mg92o10_r2_500.gif

As the lantern floated into the sky, twinkling like the few remaining stars in the sky, Runali saluted to the sky. “Farewell Danielle. You’ll be missed, but never forgotten.” There was nothing the captain said, or had to say anymore. She let the others say their last words and farewells, while she guided the ship to a new path. Davy and Lilly had spit them out somewhere completely unknown, so the first island they spotted would be an island to stop at in order to get a few answers, mainly where they were and how off course they might have been, and how long could they have been considered dead. For all they know, it could have been days...or even years. But hopefully, it wasn’t too extreme....

• Love
2cehshh.jpg

~"The sails of red called for aid, and we answered them"~

Alicia watched silently as the lantern ascended into the wind before being carried into the morning sky, becoming another star among the many which began to fade as they made way for the arrival of the sun. The swordswomen listened to Ray's song as she'd watched it disappear, the somber lyrics setting the perfect mood for the farewell to their lost crew member. When the song was finished Alicia exhaled a small breath, "Thank you Ray" she said softly before listening as he'd explained about his 'date' with Danny on Utsukushī, the island where her journey with the Stardusk pirates had began. She gave an amused expression, "So Ray admits he has a type" she said, her expression changing more towards one of mild amusement as she targeted him with her light joke, "As a gentlemen and a pirate I can only imagine" she said before she walked towards the mast, "On your word Captain I'll release the main sail. I think it would be prudent if we tried to find land and plan our next course" she suggested, turning to face the crew as the gentle morning wind lightly kicked at her hair, licking it to the side as little along with some of the fabric of her clothes.

When the Coral Pearl was once again sailing they would find themselves heading towards an island with what looked to be a fairly large town spread along it's coast. The sun was high in the sky now, a warm humid air filling the air between the crew as the made their approach. The harbor was fairly filled with ships for such a town located out in what appeared to be nowhere, but after what the crew had been through the sight of other people was certainly a welcome one. Alicia stood at the bow of the ship as she looked forwards towards the island, using her keen sight to determine the kind of town and whether it had anything they should consider threatening, which realistically would be anything from bigger stronger ships to cannon mounted turrets. Fortunately however the island appeared safe and the majority of the ships seemed to be merchant, save for one ship which caught Alicia's eye. Large red sails arranged in a peculiar fashion sporting a flag with peculiar symbols which weren't unlike the ones Alicia had painted on the lantern that morning. Alicia's brow furrowed, but she remained quiet for now. She gave the ship one last look over with her eyes before turning and assisting the crew as they docked the ship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3P1n5nH.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upon having finally docked the ship Alicia headed for the ladder, seeming to be distracted by something. ".... Excuse me a moment" she said with a frown on her face before she placed her hand on the side rail of the Coral Pearl, jumping over the side of the ship to the dock bellow with a rather elegant landing. She stood and began to walk towards the end when she stopped suddenly, noticing four heavily armored guards walking up to greet them. What was strange about them wasn't just that they were so armored, but more that they were not from this place, for these warriors were the royal guard of Yula Fei's Princess Omoiyari, but what were they doing this far from home, the Princess never had reason to leave the boarders of Yula Fei. As the guards stopped, another person slipped through between them, noticeably shorter but instantly recognizable to the swordswomen. "Satia?" Alicia said with confusion at the sight of her little sister who walked in front of the guards and closer towards her. She was a little shorter than Alicia, but if nothing else looked like a younger Alicia. She wore the same design of clothing decorated with similar symbols, her short white hair was kept with a black bow and she even carried herself with the same grace that Alicia seemed usually would.

The younger sister smiled and closed the gap between them relatively quickly, taking Alicia into a warm embrace. "I can't believe you're here, how did you find us?" she asked, causing Alicia to give a confused look as she released her from the embrace. "It's so good to see you Satia, but, we didn't... we just docked here by chance" she replied which made Satia hesitate for a moment. "So you don't know then?" she asked, inclining her head a little. The guards behind Satia stood motionless, gripping large spears with blades on the tips. "I've been sent by the Princess to find you and bring you home.... Yula Fei's in trouble" she said with a somber tone which caused Alicia to feel worried. "Is father ok?" she immediately asked, causing Satia to nod in reply, "Father is fine, but no one will be if we don't hurry back. Alicia, they're returning... that pirate fleet we fought has been spotted on the boarders amassing strength, the princess is calling everyone home in case of an attack" Satia replied. Alicia looked even more worried now, having not expected this.

As the crew of the Coral Pearl would arrive the royal guard would take steps forward, the front two spinning their spears with expert precision before thrusting them forwards in a threatening manner towards the crew. Their heavy armour clinked and clattered as they moved and the sheer size of them made them quite intimidating. "Miss Tashigi, those are pirates!" one of them spoke from behind his helmet mask which caused Satia to draw her blade with the same lightning speed that Alicia usually did. "Alicia!" Satia began as she fell into stance but she was quickly silenced as Alicia held up her hands, "No stop! they're with me, they're friends!" she said quickly which eased Satia a little, the guards however remained ready. "Friends, with pirates? Alicia how can you be friends with scum, especially after what we've been through!" Satia said sharply which caused Alicia to frown slightly, even if she understood the reasons for her distaste. "Theses aren't like the pirates we know Satia, please, try not to be be upset" Alicia replied calmly, "Upset? How can I not be! you know what they do, what their kind does to the world. How can you willingly travel with such filth!" Satia continued, "Satia plea-" she was cut off, "No Alicia! this is not acceptable! you need to move aside at once!" the younger swordswomen persisted, "Satia I owe a debt" Alicia said quickly, pausing a moment as confusion spread across the face of her younger sister.

Alicia took hold of the Meito blade which had been broken by Shouta before producing the broken blade in front of Satia. Her eyes widened as she seemed speechless, her stance dropping a fair bit. "How... how could this happen" she said, her voice trailing off. Alicia felt shame and exhaled a breath before she explained, "I was foolish and careless, the blade was broken and I was made an example of in front of this crew, as a member of this crew. I must restore the blade, my honor and theirs by defeating the one who broke it, and restoring the blade" she said as Satia stood staring for a moment. The younger swordswomen closed her eyes and let out a long breath, "Very well then Alicia" she said, raising her hand to the side which prompted the royal guard to relax back into a neutral stance. "This isn't me accepting the situation, but if your 'captain' allows me on board the ship you will need to explain to me in detail what happened and why you're traveling with these pirates. Because if you can't convince me, you can't convince Yula Fei and they'll be allot harder to stop than the five of us and a narrow dock" she said before turning to the guards, "Get back to the ship and prepare to sail for Yula Fei" Satia began, leaving time for Alicia to turn towards Runali, "I'm sorry Captain, I must ask a big favor from you. Will you come with me to Yula Fei... my home?" she asked. If the captain refused, then Alicia would be forced to sacrifice her honor for the sake of her people. But if they came with her, then not only would it make everything easier, but maybe some extra help would be more useful. And if Yula Fei was calling her sons and daughters home, then she dreaded to think how severe the situation was. But there would be time for that on the ship.

dcjQIqK.jpg

Royal Guard

Q6rwTer.jpg
Satia Tashigi​

PdmUtGn.jpg
Luro watched the lantern rise into the sky a small smile resting on his face, as he closed his eyes for a moment permitting Danny's smiling face to echo in his mind for a moment as he summoned every fond memory he could of their time together.
"One for you lass."
Opening his eyes he took a long drink from the bottle until there was none left, opening the other one he did the same emptying it as the first raising the empty bottle.
"One for good luck on your journey."
Luro stood up grabbing the bottles before raising his arms stretching a bit before glancing over at Alicia seeing her head towards the main sail, with a small smile he turned and threw the bottles in one of the barrels before returning to the edge of the ship and taking a seat resting one leg on the top of it.
He took in a deep breath and stared out at the endless sea stretched out before them, he wasn't against staying like this for a bit and even a part of him hoped the island was a a fair distance away.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reaching over Luro grabbed one of the wine bottles as his rifle rested on his lap partially taken apart his other hand rummaging through the pieces as he set the bottles on the arm of the chair.
He had planned on watching the sea until they found land but something akin to a spark seemed to flash in his mind and he ended up dashing towards the rum room.
Now his mind was moving in five different directions from dissembling the rifle, grabbing the right pieces, possible combinations, taking a drink and the hopeful end result as he took his gun apart adding new pieces, checking the older and running checking it afterwards.
He was lost in his own little world everything else seeming to black out to a point he forgot he was on a moving ship, all the guns part flashing in his mind as he moved to each one adjusting them repeatedly.
Eventually and eight bottles later Luro's hands gripped his rifle running his hands alongside the side of it.
"It's done," Luro said. "Haha...hahah...hahaha it's finally done!"
Luro held the gun out inspecting his newest creation taking into account both the old and new, he had polished the Quebracho wood that made up most of it aside from the butt plate which was he had used the metal from the sack, which he had tested a bit before and found it surprisingly durable.
Turning the gun over to it's side he inspected what he had changed, thanks to the technology of Brass Cape he was able to get rid of most of the lock plate, removing the hammer, frizzen, pan and the need for the flint at least on the outside. He only made slight adjustments to the trigger itself but he felt it needed it.
Instead he moved everything on the inside and taking a bit of time attached a bit of the case to the side of it, the metal itself was almost clear being a light bronze but he could still see inside.
He noticed three vertical chambers each in their own even more durable metal, empty at the moment but the function was for each to hold powder, and be fired consecutively, however due to recoil and to separate the chambers he had to make it so it had to be cocked for each shot.
Still the separate inner chambers each could hold powder and one ball without adding too much weight, keeping it one barrel and avoiding sacrificing usability which was Luro's intention.
On top of that he added an additional lock on the side in case he needed to switch chambers on the fly.
He even made it so if need be he only needed to cock the gun mid reload to fire with what ammunition was inside, though it still took time to reload he could put multiple shots in one motion at the same time which brought a smile to his face.
He was thankful for the gears on the inside modeled after what he saw of the engine inside the flying ship, thanks to them he didn't have to worry about the flint on the outside anymore, he still needed to find a suitable replacement but for now it would work.
Water was even a fear of the past, the wood along with the metal casing kept any water form getting in, and without being cocked the water couldn't get to the powder thanks to the metal in the chambers which only opened when he was ready to load, he could even empty it with little effort by flipping a small switch should any get in.
He even used a different metal to clean it easier due to the rapid firing the rifle could now handle,
He even put the StarDusk symbol on the other side of the gun since the metal only decorated the other side.
Finishing his quick inspection Luro stood up putting the gun on his back and putting three bottles in his belt he made his way out to the deck, it was still a prototype and he wanted to do much more but he was proud of his creation, and he could only build on it from here.
"I should ask Nolan if he wants me to fix his up," Luro said grinning and grabbing his gun once more hugged it close to him. "Ah you're going to make me fall in love with you all over again, I already got the Coral you can't tempt me like this you naughty thing."
Once he walked out he was surprised to see they were already approaching land and for whatever reason Alicia ran ahead a strange look on her face.
"Something's gotten Tashigi's attention, now I'm really curious what's going on."
With a smile Luro promptly made his way after Alicia, he jumped over the side but his landing regretfully wasn't as graceful and his face soon met the hard ground.
For a moment he laid there motionless before a long sigh escaped from him as climbed back to his feet and brushing off his front continued forward with the others.

The harsh welcome from the men and who he assumed was her sister due to their similarity made him tilt his head a little but he just grinned hearing why they were pointing their weapons at them.
He preferred having weapons pointed at him for being a pirate then for other reasons, he was actually proud of it.
Luro was about to reach for his rifle willing to engage in a bit of introductory violence but Alicia interfered causing a small 'aww' to escape from him as he crossed his arms huffing a little.
He supposed it may have been for the best, as her sister seemed to dislike pirates and from their conversation it seemed Alicia had some bad encounters as well.
It was a bit of a shame they disliked them this Satia didn't look all that bad, she actually looked kind of cute angry.
He wondered if Ray could use his gentlemanly charm to make them fast friends, he'd have to ask him later.
When Alicia questioned the captain Luro grinned enjoying the idea already.
"Come on Captain we should go," Luro said before pointing at Satia. "All she did was call us filth and scum after all, that's almost a compliment compared to what else we've been called."
Luro looked back at Alicia putting his hands on his hips.
"Besides I'm kinda curious where Tashigi comes from, if all their outfits are like hers then I'll definitely like this place without question. One random gale of wind and a whole new world will open up, of course Nolan can't look cause he's taken but Ray and I are completely free too."
Luro looked back at Satia and offered a wide grin to her before crossing his arms.
"You speak kinda like Tashigi, you kinda got the same air and you look like her too. I bet you wear the same drawers too, siblings do that right? Probably cheaper too now that I think about it."

Last edited:
wb2xht.jpg

"There are a lot of things to see up there," Nolan was using his bedtime story voice and was speaking in a low whisper. "It's really pretty too, just look at all the stars." The lantern was slowly making it's ascent and disappearing among the stars. He thought Danny would have liked the sky much more than she liked the sea, she was always trying to leap onto people's shoulders after all. It was hard, but he forced a smile. Luro was right, Danny would have wanted them to. "I think you'll like it there...goodbye, Danny." The lantern disappeared and he focused on Ray's somber singing.

Luro tossed a few bottles into the ocean and Alicia headed for the main sail. Their journey wasn't over yet, but he wondered when they would get to see Danny again. Nolan wished that wherever Danny she was happy.
♠ ♠ ♠

He spent the rest of their trip in his room, writing letters to his family and Annie. Danny's death and their meeting with Davy Jones made him realize just how fragile they were—how they could be alive one second and dead the next. It scared him and he ended up writing to his family, asking them about how The Anchor was, how they were doing and telling them about the high points of his adventure.

He left out the death and other frightening things, Nolan didn't want them to worry.

After sealing the letters in envelopes he left his room and joined his friends on the deck. He noticed Luro with a new and improved rifle, but before he could strike up a conversation, his friend had gone off to look at something? Alicia and Luro disappeared over the railing and he noticed they were headed towards the ship with a red sail.

The guards in bulky armor made Nolan gape and soon he used a rope to climb down. He had his rifle strapped to his back, but raised his hands to prove that he wasn't a threat.

"Um, hi?" He had picked up bits and pieces of the conversation, about Satia being Alicia's sister? And about pirates being scum or something like that. "We're actually pretty friendly," Nolan chuckled awkwardly and made sure he had his hands over his head. "Luro's kind of weird." He paused to smile at his friend, "but he's a good guy and we can even talk this through over a nice meal?" He was hoping his stuffed chicken would soften their defenses a little. After everything that had just happened, he didn't want anyone else getting hurt.

When they arrived at the town, Ray was eager to get dressed out of his work outfit. He put on his green coat for a change, which was not only cleaned by the Jonses, but repaired and stitched with an expert hand. Ray figured there must be at least one expert seamster or seamstress aboard the Albatross, and considering the length of their indenture, they must be quite practiced at their craft.

Ray noticed Alicia talking to someone who seemed suspiciously similar to Alicia in appearance and in dress. Of more import to him however were the four heavily armored bodyguards. Heavy armor was not common in Lendria, since it could easily be lethal to the wearer in naval combat, and has been rendered rather moot since the advent of the gun. He eyed them for weaknesses in case things turned sour, which seemed possible due to their reaction to their status as pirates. Of course, not everyone was concerned with provoking hostilities; Ray rolled his eyes at Luro's apparent lack of diplomatic sense or care.

“Luro, please. Besides, I never had to wear my brothers' hand-me-downs; we were wealthy enough. And anyone who can afford bodyguards is clearly well off enough to own their own...” he sighed, “Look, that is not how you introduce yourself to a lady. Watch me and learn.” He stepped forward and took a bow, turning on the charm, “Greetings, I am Raymond Skalter, wayward scion of Lendria, and I must say...” he reached out and took her hand, but as he moved to kiss it, he felt the hairs on the back of his neck bristle as the four guards glared at him from beneath their helmets, to say nothing of Alicia's reaction. He smiled nervously, his charm replaced with anxious embarrassment, and shook her hand in both of his, “...It is... very nice to meet you. I'm going to let go of your hand now.” He did so and beat an undignified retreat to the back of the group, away from the guards. “Well, not my finest moment, but there you go. No talk of undergarments whatsoever.”

2a7y33m.jpg

For the most part, Runali had rested in the Crow's Nest during their trip. It was a quiet ride to the next island, save for Ray's occasional music or the sound of a friendly voice talking to the other. The captain however stared at the sky, watching as the day grew brighter and brighter. After a few hours, she caught sight of land and used a rope, unceremoniously sliding down to land on the main deck. "Time to stretch our legs." Runali noticed the large ship near them, but seeing as they weren't from the Navy, Runali didn't pay too much attention to them. Of course, she didn't pay too much attention to it until after they finished docking the ship and Alicia seemed to be in a bit of a hurry.

Luro said:
"Something's gotten Tashigi's attention, now I'm really curious what's going on."

"Aye. Let's go check it out." But of course, he and then Nolan were already off the ship. Runali couldn't help but snicker towards Luro's landing, but decided not to tease him about it- at least not at the moment. The captain walked up to the forming group, eyeing the ones in armor. She hadn't seen anyone like them before, and they obviously weren't too keen on pirates. "I didn't know you had a sister." However before she could say anything else, said sister and her guards were already preparing to attack. "Sheesh, more like an exact duplicate, eh? She moves just like you." Despite the threatening stances, Runali hadn't moved from her spot in front of her crew and beside Alicia. She trusted that her swordswoman would stop them before they had.

Fortunately, Runali had been right, although Satia didn't approve, she at least excepted them. Her arms crossed as she listened to the sisters talk until Satia dismissed her guards.

Alicia said:
"I'm sorry Captain, I must ask a big favor from you. Will you come with me to Yula Fei... my home?"

Runali raised an eyebrow and stared at Satia for a moment. She had honestly been hoping for a nice relaxing break from things for at least a day, but being a pirate always seemed to prevail some how. When Luro added his own two cents in- albeit with terrible reasons to go, Runali laughed a bit and looked at Alicia. Ray of course didn't help with the seriousness of the situation either...but that was her crew.

"Sure. Let's go to the place where pirates are hated- oh wait, that's everywhere isn't it?" She smirked a bit. "As your captain and your friend, I'd be honored to go to your home." She glanced over at Satia before adding, "She can come on board as well- just as long as she doesn't try to kill us or anything." Runali gave a shrug before herding the rest of her crew back to the ship. "So much for our stop and new clothes. How about lunch? Nolan we're still stocked in food right?"

As they all boarded the ship, she signalled for them to set sail. "To Yula Fei!" After the sails had been set and she put the ship on course, Runali was once more on the main deck with rest of them. "Can we discuss this over food? Don't worry, we won't poison you or anything. So you can join if ya want."

2cehshh.jpg

~"And so the story was told, the story of a nation of peace, which was forced to go to war"~

Both Tashigi sisters glowered at Luro as he gave his reasons for wanting to go followed by a question about their... drawers. "Can I hit him?" asked Satia, turning to face Alicia who lowered both her eyebrows in a flat look towards the carpenter, "You read my mind..." she replied in a tone just as flat, though before either sister could act on the thought, Nolan moved their attention which caused Satia to give a rather unconvinced expression towards him before exhaling a long breath, "That'd be nice, thank you" she replied as he offered the meal, giving a short bow to him for his kind offer. Ray's approach also didn't appear to earn them any points as she merely looked confused, never the less shaking his hand even when the guards shuffled in their thick armor. "Well that was... something" she said causing Alicia to give a small smile before looking to Runali as she agreed to take her home, "Thank you captain, this means a great deal to us" she said, giving her a short bow in the same way Satia had done to Nolan. As they walked towards the ship Alicia grinned, "I wouldn't worry about that captain, If worst comes to worst I can beat my little sister" she said which caused Satia to turn with a rather bemused expression, "I'm stronger than when you last saw me you know!" she protested causing Alicia to let out a laugh, "You're still my little sister Satia..." she replied, the younger swordswomen replying with a huff as a response.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Latter once they had all settled for the meal Nolan was preparing Satia looked around at the crew, "Before we discuss anything, I think it's important you understand the reasons why my people have a distaste for pirates" she said, the lamps which now illuminated the Coral Pearl swaying with the gentle rock of the ship. If one looked out a window they'd see the faint glow of the other ship in front of them, fading in and out between the mists. Satia gave a look to Alicia who nodded once in reply, Satia closed her eyes for a moment before she began to tell the story "Three years ago, Yula Fei came under attack..."

ooo000OOO Three years ago. Port Hurasai. Yula Fei OOO000ooo​

Satia's blade drove into the chest of an attacking pirate, blood coughing from his lips as his face contorted in pain and shock, his body slumping to the ground moments latter. A bolt of lightning shattered the sky before she looked to her left, seeing Alicia deflect a gun shot before cutting a long bloody arc up the body of a pirate who'd dared to try and close the gap with his scimitar. Rain continued to pour, streaks of it running down the soft curves of the young girls face, attempting to cool the hot warmth spread across her face as she engaged with her next opponent. "INCOMING!" boomed a voice from somewhere behind her, a whistling sound following before a loud boom echoed through the air. She felt exhausted, her muscles still adjusting to the tough training regimes of her fathers teachings, unlike Alicia who was reaching the end of hers. "Satia!"came a deep voice, her friend Kukuro who wielded a massive claymore, slamming it down on a pirate who was about to attack her. "Kukuro!" she replied, looking up to see the gentle giant smiling down at her. He was a large man, gentle and kind with the baldest head she'd ever seen. "Thank you" she said with a smile before the two began to fight together, cutting down one after another as the relentless horde of pirates continued.

They continued to fight for what felt like hours, blow after blow, wave after wave of enemy bearing down on them as their numbers shrank. Another boom followed by a whistle was heard and Kukuro once again shouted for Satia, except this time, he grabbed her, throwing her across the floor before he was engulfed in an explosion. "KUKURO!" Satia cried, scrambling to her feet to rush to his aid, but by the time she could gain her footing the way to him had been cut off by the advance of the pirates. "Kukuro I'm coming! hold on!" she yelled as she fought with more ferocity, cutting down enemies with each slash, trying to move forwards. She screamed in frustration as she seemed unable to move towards him against the mass of pirates, a fist smacking into her jaw, sending her reeling before she regained her stance and continued the fight. Eventually she lost sight of where Kukuro had fallen. Her eyes began to sting with her own tears as she feared what she already knew, trying not to think about his lifeless body laying in the dirt being trampled over by their enemies. "I'll kill all of you!" she screamed as her attacks became more aggressive, her strokes cutting with more ferocity, taking down enemies with singular blows.

ooo000OOO Three years latter. Present day. Coral Pearl OOO000ooo​

Satia told them everything which happened, those which had been lost and the devastation they were left to deal with afterwards and how the Tashigi name became even more respected as a result of it. Both of the sisters were quiet for a while once the story was finished, it was still not an easy memory for them as they had both lost friends that day. Friends who had made sacrifices so that they may keep a hold of their way of life, their homes and the things worth protecting. "So you see, ever since that day, the people of Yula Fei have come to hate pirates" Satia finished, looking down into her empty cup. "And now this fleet is returning, only it's stronger and bigger than before. We might not be able to stop them a second time..." she said with worry.

wb2xht.jpg

"That's terrible..." Nolan wondered what it would be like to lose everyone you ever cared for in a war and it scared him. The pirate clamped a hand down on Alicia's shoulder then look at the this sisters with a solemn expression. "I can't even begin to imagine how horrible it must have been," Nolan struggled to find the right words and for a moment, he just stood there.

"We're not like them, you know." They didn't rob people or kill them just for the fun of it. Maybe Luro and Ray had, he didn't know their pasts, but if there was one thing he knew, it was that they were good guys. The cook flashed his crew mates a small smile and chuckled. "We saved a city from pirates once. It was called Waterdeep, maybe you've heard of it. People tend to doubt us because we're pirates, but we're not all bad." Nolan disappeared to the kitchen and returned with a plate of stuffed chicken and a pitcher of rum.

Davy Jones had been kind enough to leave them with food and basic supplies and for that he was grateful.

"Besides," he tapped Luro playfully on the back. "Does this idiot really look that threatening to you?" He poured some rum into his friend's glass and laughed. "No offense, Luro." Then he passed the pitcher to Ray and sat down in his seat. "I can't speak for all of us, but Alicia is our friend and..." he glanced at the captain and chuckled. "We Stardusk pirates always help each other out."

Nolan wasn't exactly loving the idea of following Alicia to Yula Fei and he wasn't excited about the possibility of fighting pirates who were ten times more experienced than him, but he'd been to Davy Jones and back with the Stardusk pirates and if he could help any of them in any way, then he would.

PdmUtGn.jpg
Luro leaned back a little at the idea of getting hit by a Tashigi again but thankfully Nolan interjected and he watched as Ray almost succeeded in his venture but the guards made it a difficult which Luro could understand.
"You did good Ray, I think your manly charms helped," Luro whispered to him giving him a small fist pump of victory.
Seeing Satia was going to accompany them Luro couldn't help but grin before following everyone back to the ship.
Once they were down for dinner and Luro had grabbed another bottle of wine he stared at their new guests as she told them where her hatred for pirates came from, he stopped drinking for a moment as he listened to the tale of her home, and of the people they had lost.
That explained the response they had given them though Luro shut his eyes taking another drink wondering if he should be offended being compared to pirates like that, but then he shrugged not really blaming the younger sister for her reaction.
He was glad Alicia had a bit more of an open mind toward them, he didn't get the same response when they first met, though that was at a tournament but she still showed kindness afterwards anyway.

By time Nolan brought the food out Luro had finished his wine and his hand moved to his chin thinking of what Satia had told them, he looked up when Nolan tapped him on the back and poured him some rum which Luro took with a grin.
"Keep pouring me rum and you can call me whatever you like," Luro said to Nolan with a small chuckle.
He reached over and grabbed some of the stuffed chicken as Nolan spoke of assisting a fellow StarDusk pirate, which when Luro swallowed his food he gave a small nod too in agreement before standing up reaching over and taking Satia's empty cup from her, he poured a bit of his own rum into it before sitting it back down in front of her.
Once he did Luro planted his bottom back into his seat and scooted it back up.
"You can't have a face like that Tashigi number two," he said looking at Satia. "Worrying about it won't change that their coming, and going off your last encounter I don't think their going to want to talk. So you either kill them and take everything away from them they care about, or they kill you and take everything you care about. It's pretty simple you know," Luro said taking a drink from his glass.
"Anyway I shared my drink with you so we're friends now," Luro said pointing at her glass. "Well if you drink from it anyway, I'm going to help even if you don't."
Luro reached over and gave Ray a playful punch in the arm.
"Besides you haven't seen this guy's full on manly charm at it's best so I hope he helps out too," Luro said nodding before looking back at Satia. "I've fought alongside Tashigi before and it's really fun so I want to do that again so I'll help you out too, Nolan said it himself we help one of our own."
Luro brought the glass to his lips drowning the rest of it before setting it down grinning at Satia with a wide smile.
"Besides losing your home can be pretty painful I'd like to spare my friend that, also Tashigi number two I need to find a lass to listen to my troubles. If everyone's sad I won't have the heart to talk about myself would seem a tad selfish. So I'll fight with you and kill anything that draws their blade at your home, with the captains permission to maim and destroy of course. Worst case is we all die and you lose everything so why not go at it full force."
Luro shrugged at this and grabbed another piece of stuffed chicken having finished his own.
"Tashigi has that one thing that Ray has though...what was it again? Oh yeah honor that stuff, helping my friend's all I need to assist you but having Tashigi owe me one is even more incen..incin...reason too. I'd normally let it go but I really want Tashigi to owe me, there's something I've been wanting her to do since we first met and I'm going to get it no matter what."
Luro turned to the captain before pointing at the two sisters.
"Come on Captain I wanna help Tashigi and Tashigi number two, please, pretty please, pretty pretty please can we kill all their enemies?!"

28kii2w.jpg
Ray was glad the Royal Guards returned to their ship; he found their one-eyed gaze slightly unsettling. He also found Alicia's background somewhat amusing. The idea of Alicia Tashigi turning out to be a warrior princess of an exotic land is ridiculous, cliché, and so absurd, it strangely makes sense. What's next? Luro is the bastard son of the King of Cerania? The Captain stole this ship from her Pirate King father? Nolan is secretly Supreme Admiral of the Navy? Ray quietly scoffed at himself as he enjoyed dinner and listened to Satia's tale of woe. Sure enough Nolan was the first to offer to help, not surprisingly followed by Luro, who started begging the Captain to help.

“Well there he goes, begging like a kid with a new pet. You know, Lady Satia, Luro can't say no to a pretty face. Or a fight. Or a drink. Or a challenge. Though it just so happens, neither can I.” He sealed the deal with a svelte smile. “So what do you say, Captain? Shall we pull a repeat performance of Waterdeep?”

2a7y33m.jpg

Runali got comfortable in one of the chairs, before the story began. It was best to know where her hatred originated, and even possibly the best way to avoid it. She didn't want her crew to wind up on Yula Fei and immediately shot down. That wouldn't be very eventful, especially since they just returned from dying. As the story progressed, Runali started to understand why Satia and all of Yula Fei would hate pirates. There were times that she had to remind herself that not all pirates were as laidback as her crew. They may have pillaged from other pirates and occasionally pickpocketed locals, but they didn't go around trying to conquer things. They had their own goals and their own dreams. Runali simply led the small team towards it.

She listened to everyone's take on the story. Nolan consoled and tried to convince Satia that they were nothing like those pirates and Luro gave his own words of wisdom. The captain stared out the window through the foggy weather before deciding to speak. "What my crew says is true. We aren't like other pirates. Our goals are personal. There's no need for us to conquer or pillage. We're too small of a crew to do something so pointless anyway..." Her voice trailed off for a moment as she stared out the window across from her. She could've sworn she saw something drift pass, but when she blinked, it disappeared. "Hm...Yeah, and there's no use worrying about it. The fact that you know of their arrival is enough. It gives you ample time to prepare."

Luro said:
"Come on Captain I wanna help Tashigi and Tashigi number two, please, pretty please, pretty pretty please can we kill all their enemies?!"

Ray said:
“So what do you say, Captain? Shall we pull a repeat performance of Waterdeep?”

"What kind of pirates help cities anyway?" Taking another sip of her drink, Runali laughed lightly. Setting the cup down she closed her eyes for a moment and sighed. Opening them, she rested her head in her hands and gave a small smile. "As a StarDusk member, Alicia will not be going off to risk her life to save her home- well, not without us at least. We'll help where we-"

Once more Runali's attention turned to the window. She may not have had 20/20 vision, but she was pretty sure she saw something drift by. "What is that..."

As everyone's attention turned, the captain stood and went to the main deck of the ship. First, she looked on one side seeing nothing there and then on the other to see a small and terribly damaged boat drifting across the sea. "I knew I wasn't seeing things." She looked behind her shoulder towards the ones who had followed her to the main deck and pointed out. "We've got a stranded sailor out there." Instead of leaving the person out there, Runali shrugged. "Let's go fishing- uh, Satia hold for a moment please." She smirked a bit before standing on the edge of the ship and whistling as loud as she could.

"Oiii! Are you alive over there! Fish 'im out guys."

2cehshh.jpg

Alicia looked up as Nolan placed his hand on her shoulder, giving a small smile at his words. Although she may not have shown it in great detail the words from the crew as well as being titled as 'friend' touched her like the lick of a warm flame. She'd not really thought what their relationships had truly meant till now, but she felt it, these were her friends now for better or for worse. Her smile grew a little as she watched how her friends communicated with each other, how they interacted and bantered together. She let out a small laugh when Nolan called Luro an idiot, but it soon changed when Luro hinted at wanting her to owe him which caused her to raise her eyebrow as she tried to imagine what he could possibly want. The thoughts were soon pushed aside as Satia took the cup Luro had poured for her before taking a small sip, her reaction showing how much she didn't like rum as her hair almost stood on end while she forcefully swallowed the liquid before letting out a small "bleh" sound. Alicia gave an inward chuckle and shook her head, "I didn't think you'd appreciate rum, it's pretty strong" she said while Satia cleared her pallet with a drink of water. After a moment the younger swordswomen neatly cleared her mouth with a napkin, "That was definitely not like Sake..." she finally said before Runali gave her own thoughts on the matter, once again causing Alicia to smile before she inclined her head respectfully towards the captain.

When the captain mentioned something was outside, Alicia almost immediately stood before placing a hand on the hilt of her sword as she followed Runali outside. Satia soon followed, her own blade resting under the palm of her hand. Though when it seemed what she'd seen was someone adrift both of them relaxed a little. As soon as Runali gave the order Alicia nodded, "Aye captain" she replied before turning to the others, "Someone get on the helm, come about starboard, reduce the main sail. Satia throw me that rope" she said pointing to a coil at the base of the mast. Satia nodded and picked it up before throwing it to her older sister who threw her swords towards her at the same time. Satia plucked them from the air, "You've got to be kidding..." she said with a slight frown while Alicia began to tie a rope around her own waist. "The captain want's the survivor rescued" she replied simply, "It's going to be freezing..." Satia continued to which Alicia merely nodded, "Probably" she replied before she walked over, taking the other end and throwing it around the mast, "So we can safely say you're crazy?" Alicia pulled the knot tight before taking off her shoes, "Just have a towel ready for when I get back and it'll be fine" she said before taking a deep breath. With an exhale she ran towards the edge of the Pearl, kicking from the rail next to Runali before diving into the black abyss bellow, a splash signaling that the ocean had greeted her.

The sea was incredibly cold, attempting to sting her body as she swam for the wreckage. It reminded her of the disciplines her father would have them endure, sitting in the garden in the dead of winter to mentally train the body to block out the cold. At the time she hated it and struggled not to argue with her father about doing it, but when presented with situations such as this she could only be thankful. As she arrived at the wreckage she wasted no time, "This'll be the hard part..." she said to herself as she climbed up the side of the small wreckage, taking the rope from her waist before tying it around and anchor point on the wreckage itself. The wind touching her body caused her a bit of pain, but she'd brace through it as she looked around for the survivor, "Hello!" she called. It was a small wreckage so she didn't imagine this person was anywhere but close. Her clothes were soaked and sea water dripped from her, causing a moonlit reflection from the color of her hair. In her head she began a mental timer, she'd have a certain amount of time to get out of these clothes and into warmth before she'd be contending with some trouble. She was already buying herself time with mental discipline, but it wouldn't last forever.

lYQbT8O.jpg

Cold. I don't think I have ever felt so cold before. Stranded at sea, during bad weather, it was night impossible to keep anything on the small, damaged life boat dry, and sans the boat itself, I had nothing to burn left. The coldness was complete, slowly crushing my body to death, permeating my mortal shell from skin to the cores of my bones, even my mind, being with me even in the few scraps of sleep I managed to get, invading my dreams and thoughts. I thought, nay, I hoped, I would finally die there and the ugly, unclear memory of those last few hazy days, where I was no longer sure if I was asleep or awake, gone from this world.

Seeing her face, I wondered if mermaids lived in these waters, and if she was sent to take a dying sailor to their halls under the sea.

The boat was badly damaged, water slowly leaking in though cracks in the woodwork. A small shelter was erected in the back, made from canvass and what remained from the central sail, a last refuge for the one damned into this unforgiving weather. Anything from the boat, sans the small tent, was gone, and there were marks of a bonfire, made in the open at the front of the vessel.

In the tent, curled up in a corner, was a man, shaking from the cold. His green longcoat was tightly wrapped around his body, leaving only his tall brown leather boots and his head showing. Hearing movement and someone's voice, with the last bit of strength he left, he called back weakly. “H-help...” His voice was barely audible against the background noise of waves, sloshing against his poor vessel, but there was a human still left alive in the ship.

Last edited:
2cehshh.jpg

Alicia heard the call from within the dark and immediately moved towards the sound, continuing to ignore the tear of the cool air against her soaked skin. She saw him, curled and barely clinging to life as he lay under what appeared to be a make shift tent of sorts. "Captain!" she called as the Coral Pear finally slowed beside the wreckage, "There's someone here, alive. I'm bringing him up" she called, giving them time to get things prepared before she grabbed the make shift tent, pulling it down before putting it over the man, "Come on, I've got you" she said softly as she helped the man to his feet, wrapping the tent around him to contain what was left of his warmth. She helped him to the edge of the Coral Pearl where she'd assist his climb onto the deck, untying the rope from her waist before tossing it aside. Alicia could feel herself losing control of her body as she began to shiver but Satia thankfully had done as she asked and brought her a towel which she threw around her. "Nicely done" Satia commented before she hugged in close to her older sister to help restore her warmth. Alicia simply smiled before turning her attention to the rescued man. She'd let the others handle it from here, but she'd stick around for a moment to find out a bit more about the situation before going to get herself into new clothes.

wb2xht.jpg

Nolan chuckled when Luro began to beg and plead. Sometimes the redhead reminded him of his younger brother and for a moment Nolan felt a pang of homesickness. "It looks like we're all for it," he flashed Satia and Alicia a reassuring smile, but before he could say anything else the captain noticed something and made her way towards the deck. He was about to follow, but Nolan returned to grab his rifle before he started scrambling after them, he hoped it wasn't a ship of slave traders again.

"What? Who's there?" He caught up to the rest just as Alicia had started to tie the rope around her waist. Nolan's eyes flitted from the Tashigi sisters to the wrecked ship. No. No. No. This was crazy. "Is it safe—" He was cut short, Alicia leaped overboard and Nolan ended up scrambling towards the broom closet for the medic kit and an extra towel.

Minutes felt like hours but Alicia returned with a survivor and he let out a relieved sigh. Though the smile was wiped off his face when he saw the state the man was in. "Gods," he handed the man the extra towel and gave him a once over. "Are you injured? I'll need to make sure the wounds don't get infected if you are." His eyebrows were furrowed together in concern, Nolan was pretty much in father duck mode. "We've got some food inside." He looked at the captain for some sign of approval. "I can heat up some water and cook up some soup." He was speaking to both Alicia and the shipwrecked man now. "A bowl of soup should help warm the two of you up."​

lYQbT8O.jpg

The involuntary movement of his body as he was wrapped up in what remained of his makeshift tent, and the following transport over to the other ship, caused Mikchail to wake up somewhat and regain some of his lucidity back. When the laid him down on their ship, he slowly looked up and drowsily focused his eyes on the one of his saviours that was asking him questions.

I was not sure if this was some sort of hallucination my dying body conjured up to make passing away less painful, but I wasn't the one to complain. Would the distinction matter, actually? Either I was soon to be death, in which case, nothing was important anymore, or I was actually saved from either freezing to death, or drowning. I was not the one to complain, but I was presented with another issue. Where was I? What kind of ship this was, and who were these people? Was I in danger, present of potential? And what happened to the Karalean, the ship I was hired to navigate?

“Not hurt... I think... ship... got into storm... I tried to put lifeboat onto the water... got knocked off the deck...” He wrapped the towel tightly around his body. The coldness stopped being the lethargic dull blanket that sapped energy, and became much more direct sensation of a thousand tiny nails, stabbing all over his body as the feeling in his limbs started to return. “Karalean. You have not seen the Karalean, have you? In the storm, I mean. That was my ship, I mean, is my ship. I am the navigator. Also, the soup would be very welcome...” He was now visibly shaking, but seemed to be completely awake and responding coherently.

PdmUtGn.jpg
Luro looked over at Ray and smiled seeing the two of them were alike in that aspect but turned his attention back to the captain to hear her response which he was thankful was an agreement to go fight the pirates in Alicia's home.
Seeing as Satia drank the rum as well that made them friends which gave him even more incentive to go and protect their home, he took the pitcher back from Ray once he was done with it and poured himself some more rum, mostly for a personal toast to heading towards Yula Fei but when the captain stood up and ran out he ended up downing it quickly and following her right after Alicia his rifle in hand.
Once he was outside he looked for another ship but hearing it was a survivor his shoulders drooped a little, but he shrugged and went to take care of the main sail not wanting to get into a fight after he just ate anyway.

He noticed Nolan had already run off most likely to get something to help the man, which with him on board Luro walked away from the rope after tying it down and headed over to the man looking over at Nolan as he threw a coat over the man.
Listening to the stranger's story which seemed to be in fragments Luro looked back in the direction of the ship, he didn't see any other survivors so he was probably the only one, he wasn't going to like the answer to what happened to the ship then. Actually he might not dislike it since he survived the ordeal and all, though hearing he was the navigator made him doubt it again.
In the end Luro just tilted his head a little confused by his own thoughts before staring at the freezing man.

Luro glanced over at Alicia and Satia, his gaze returning to the man then immediately back to the two before finally resting on the man hearing him accepting Nolan's warm soup.
"That's a good idea Tashigi number two," Luro said pointing at her.
Walking over Luro knelt down and wrapped one arm around the man's back, the other around his front looking in the same direction he was before giving him a small pat on the arm.
"If the Karalean is your ship it's gone, almost entirely actually. It got pretty tore up, there's only fragments of it left out there. Were you the only one on it? If not then anyone with you is probably dead by now seeing as Tashigi only found you. Well even if there were others no one can blame you, well not openly I'm sure they cursed you while sinking to the bottom of the sea."
Luro stopped giving the man another small pat.
"Anyway don't worry about that, hurry and get warm person whose name I don't know."

Status
Not open for further replies.