Collab by @Capt. Blu and @Fox of Hearts

JVJll27.png

K4rqyfP.png

Escape meant survival. Cedric didn’t need a second hint. Seeing the colourful mosaic embedded in the glossy steaming eggy exterior proved that Jack meant business. He shoved the plate back hastily into Jack’s hands, spun around and left the kitchen. He wasn’t in the mood to deal with that. Not this morning, not ever. Jack knew better than to try and bait him when he was half asleep.

Chester yawned. He gave his owner a green eyed stare not too pleased by the uneven steps vibrating up the bony shoulder. He hissed and looked away. He should have gone looking for the white haired woman. She was more pleasant in the morning.

“No glaring,” Sid admonished.

The younger brother had more to say but his current companion was in no mood to listen. His cat was so similar to him that he knew a long time ago not to prod his sleeping cat. They weren’t morning people. His ears picked up soft footfalls. Cedric froze. Who? Jack?

Annoyance roiled in his stomach. The nerve of that man! He thought it was painfully clear that he didn’t want to partake in that nightmarish mess on a plate. He thinned his lips to bite back the snark heavy on his tongue. It was a good thing he did because it didn’t take long for him to realise the footsteps were coming in the wrong direction. Someone was heading downstairs.

“Mew!” came a chirpy greeting.

Chaos’ ears pricked up when she spotted her owner but she didn’t bother leaving her spot on the shoulder. The black kitten stuck out a paw and patted Runali’s cheek playfully. She purred to inform the woman that they had company.

“Tais-toi!” He shot back at the kitten feeling a little miffed at her sunny disposition. He couldn’t remember when was the last time he ever saw her sulk. She really wasn’t the cat for him in the morning. (trans. oh shut up!)

“Mew?”

“Fine. Pardon, mon chère. Be as you will.” She was a little manipulator. He couldn’t believe Chaos could make him feel so bad for snapping at her. (trans. sorry my friend)

Sensing it would be rude to ignore the woman, Cedric gathered whatever cheer he could muster and gave Runali a lazy smile. “Ah good morning, Captain! Sorry I didn’t address you before Chaos. She has a habit of hogging the limelight.”

He guessed that worked as an apology. Truth be told he wasn’t as comfortable around the Stardusk as he had been with the Tankards. He lacked anonymity here given their tiny membership. He would run into someone and conversation happened. It was a small wonder he didn’t start lurking around the kitchen more often. At least Jack appreciate a companionable silence wherein the two brothers would ignore each other and worked on their own separate projects. IF only Jack would drop the issue regarding his meal preferences …

He was beginning to wonder if he would ever have that sort of stability with other people on this ship. Ms. Vilimar seemed to be the most likely candidate. She was quiet. First Mate Tashigi was quiet too but she had a certain aloofness about her that didn’t encourage him to stay too long in her presence. That much he gathered on his first few days. He could be wrong.

Runali was slowly but surely getting used to the cat- Chaos she remembered finally- but she wasn’t used to the fact that the cat constantly wanted to ride on her shoulders. Runali was barely used to Coral's rough landings on her shoulder. Though with the bird, she was much larger with much sharper claws. “I dunno why you're so friendly cat, but you seem to fit right into the crew. I'm not giving you anything though. Unless you eat fish then maybe you'll get one or two when I go fishing. But Coral gets first share. Captain's pet priorities.”

She looked up when Chaos patted her cheek, spotting Chester and Cedric coming towards them. Her brow raised, seeing the obviously forced smile. It made her chuckle a little and waved his apology away. “Don't worry about it. I don't know what I did to deserve her being in my face anyway.” Runali looked a little curious and almost a little teasing. “Something wrong? You look a little tired. Don’t tell me you’re not a fan of sea travel?” She reached up, showing her typical cheery disposition as she gave Chaos a light pat. She pointed at the mass of fur on Cedric’s shoulders. “Is this something they do often? Shoulder resting?” She never had a cat before, not including the tiger that roamed through the forests around Hawa Temple back at her home. But that was no lap animal, nor was she even close to being a pet- so her experiences weren’t very broad.

Sid ignored the question concerning his “tiredness”. He didn’t feel like confiding in the captain over such a trivial matter. His issue was with Jack and he was determined to get his point across one day. “They trust you if they are willing to sit on your shoulder. You won’t see her being this affectionate towards Ms. Masu, Makachi, Ms. Vilimar or Aracdius.”

His hand drifted towards Chester’s head. The cat rebuffed him with a swift, aggressive bite to the fingers. “This one here is too proud for his own good. He would only grace you with his presences if he feels you are worthy of his respect. Of the entire crew, he only tolerates you and First Mate Tashigi. I hope that answers your question.”

Sid didn’t relent. He tried to pet his grumpy cat’s head again. Annoyed, Chester winked out of sight after hissing. The little lion reappeared at Runali’s feet. He sat down huffily surveying the woman with narrowed eyes. Cedric’s glare didn’t faze him at all. His bushy tail brushed against the floorboards at random.

“Captain, before I forget,” Sid trailed off as he pulled out a beautifully carved wooden box and held it out to Runali. He planned to return it earlier but he became too invested in decorating the outside of the box. He hadn’t done any wood carving for awhile. He found it soothing.

“Jack insisted I pass this to you personally. It’s your necklace.”

He waited patiently for her to inspect his handiwork. He hoped she would be pleased. He knew he was. The necklace looked exactly the same despite him reinforcing the string. He hoped it last the next battle at the very least.

“Please let me know if you ever plan to take up my offer. I believe a WG Captain should look the part.” He smiled a little more genuinely this time. His pride in his own abilities shone through. “I’d be more than happy to assist you with that.”

Runali looked a little amused, moreso when Chester appeared at her feet. “Glad I can be good enough for… magic cats?” She was tempted to try patting Chester too but her attention was caught when Cedric presented a beautifully crafted box. Her eye widened ever so slightly when she opened it to see her necklace. It looked the same, as she inspected it. It looked a little cleaner and almost like new. “Ah,” Runali started and carefully put it back, closing the box. “Thank you very much. It's… important to me. I appreciate you fixing it for me.”

“You’re welcome, Captain. I’m glad to be of assistance,” he replied. Now he was intrigued. She was the first person to ask about the cats. He was starting to wonder if the rest knew what they were or they simply didn’t care. He’d rather it be the latter. Jack wouldn’t be happy if anyone made the connection. Sentiments Sid shared. “Magic cats? My friends are as normal as they can be.”

He exchanged a knowing look with his ginger cat. Green eyes blinked then turned away. Cedric saw the slightest pause in Chester’s eyes earlier. He couldn’t shake the feeling that his Maine Coon was more intelligent than it let on. “I haven’t figured out why they come and go like the winds. I suspect it must be a feline trait.”

It was a half truth. He had suspicions for the actual reason they could teleport but he no longer had a mentor to explain things to him. He had been fumbling around blindly for a year and a half. It was frustrating even when he made progress. He hoped Vadoma or Belvedere would make good on their promise to him soon. He needed those references. “So about that outfit …?”

She offered a smile that turned into a raised brow. “Oh, you mean a new outfit? Well,” She couldn't help but shrug. “I suppose I do need a new look. I don't see how it could hurt. And I did say I wanted to know what you could do.” Runali stepped around Chester and gestured Cedric to get the supplies he needed and head to her cabin so he'd have room to work. “Show me what you got.”

“Gladly.”

Cedric stepped into a hoarder’s treasure trove. The mess was starting to give him ahead. How could anyone find what they wanted down here? It wasn’t the lack of organization that got to him but the haphazardness of the “system”. He had no other word to describe what he saw. Squashing down his annoyance, he stepped around carefully gathering a few bolts of cloth and an long forgotten coat. He didn’t expect to find such a good quality piece here. With a little modification, he bet it would suit the captain.

“I’ve got all I need.”

Idle chatter happened every hour or two as Cedric set about working on a new blouse and pants for Runali. He allowed his model to leave for a quick lunch around one in the afternoon but he refused to follow. Food didn’t matter to him. He was too invested in his current project. Dinner would have been missed as well until it was pointed out that the captain would need to sleep. The young man bit back a protest allowing himself to be nudged out the door. His two cats didn’t follow. They were contented where they were.

Cedric continued working by candlelight out on the deck. He was minutely aware of surroundings although his empty stomach went ignored. He opted out of dinner after seeing what was served. His stomach wouldn’t be able to take food that rich or spicy after an eighteen hour fast. Was it twenty now? He wasn’t sure.

He heard the crew changing shift. For a moment he looked up, his brows threaded in confusion. Then he relaxed remembering he wasn’t on nightwatch duty today. He closed his eyes for a while to take short break. Sleep was beckoning when he sensed Jack walking over. His eyes snapped open, as his older brother stood over him with a plate in hand. Chaos sat on his shoulder nuzzling his cheek. Chester was nowhere in sight. Sid suspected he had gone to look for Alicia.

“Merci, frére. Ne devous pas être dormi?” (trans. Thank you, brother. Shouldn’t you be asleep?)

He appreciated the thought but food was the last thing on his mind right now. A faint pink tinted the horizons when he finally stood up. He leaned back and stared at the brightening sky. His attention finally on the food. Runali’s new clothes lay folded neatly at the side. That was fast! he admitted. He expected to take at least one more day. He saw a hawk, Coral Pearl Jack called her, launching herself from the eagle’s nest. Cedric removed several sardines from inside his uneaten sandwich and offered it her.

His gift was accepted but she didn’t linger long. She flew off towards the person approaching them. He waved at Runali. “Bon jour, Captain! I need you to try on the clothes. Please let me know when you’re ready.”

He felt a warm body brush against his back. Chester had decided to rejoin him. His eyes met green ones. Was the grumpy cat glaring at him? He guessed that meant Chester tried finding him in bed last night. His Majesty usually slept on a pillow beside him. That was his scheduled cuddle time, apparently.

Cedric got to diligent work. Time ticked and Runali was questioned and measured much more than she was accustomed to. In fact, she didn’t think she ever put this much attention into her clothing, accept during festivals and ceremonies back home. Most of the outfits she wore were baggy and loose sleeved enough for comfort. They didn’t have much significance as she was always rushing about and getting into trouble. Though, the longer she stayed in the rather quiet realm of tailoring with Cedric she started to wonder just how much her appearance mattered to those around her. After all, Alicia was always cleanly dressed in her Yula Feian attire- which she figured was just a customary thing. Then there was Sara and Zilia who were always so meticulous about their hair and being cleanly. Thinking back to all of her encounters with other pirates- at least the women, it was a similar trend.

At some point during, Runali could only huff and run fingers through her hair, continuing to ruffle it then smooth it down. At another point, she was thankful to be distracted by lunch, using it as a moment to escape.. A few times, she pestered Cedric about taking a break for food, but he was just as stubborn as his brother so she let him work.

What she thought would be quick and easy became a full day process- not that she knew how long it took to make clothes. The next morning, Runali was up early as she normally was, ready to get the day started. She wasn’t exactly expecting to see Cedric so early, but the way he worked before made it less surprising.

“Morning to- Oh? Have you finished already?” She looked a bit surprised but gladly took the folded clothes. Absentmindedly, Runali tilted her head slightly as Coral landed on her shoulder. The bird tapped her head against Runali’s in greeting and Runali returned it with a light scratch and a soft ‘g’morning’. “Yeah I’ll try these on now, no problem.” She gave a nod and walked off with the bird in tow.

The others began to start their day, making their way to the deck of the ship or going to find breakfast by the time Runali returned to show Cedric. The intrigue hadn’t left her face when she put the outfit on. The pants she wore were black and cut off just under her knees, flexible enough for her to stride towards him stepping as light as she normally did. Instead of a regular blouse, now Runali was in a black vest with a golden buckle at her waist. The vest itself had peculiar red and gold off the shoulder short sleeves showing off the tattoos on both her arms a lot easier than before. Runali’s hair was pushed back, showing off an eyepatch with the Stardusk symbol on it. However the most notable thing about the entire outfit was the long red and gold decorated pirate coat that went below her knees. It was only slung over one shoulder at the moment, and yet it still managed to tie the outfit together.

Outfit Reference of Outfit (obviously not exactly)

“Y’know Cedric…” Runali gave herself a look over again, turning a bit before Coral landed on the shoulder the coat was draped on. “I feel... Important.”

Chester walked around Runali. He tilted his head and purred. He didn’t need to say it but he seemed to approve of her new look. The snobbish cat was sitting a lot closer to the woman than before. Not too close, though. He liked his personal space.

“That’s acceptable for someone your status. I want you to make an impression on outsiders when you first meet them. It’s an important lesson you should embrace. His Majesty would agree if he could talk,” the tailor mused.

Sid was glad it fitted very well. He knew his measurements were accurate but he didn’t like trusting in blind faith. He wanted tangible proof. He leaned back against the wall allowing fatigue to wash over him. This won’t be the last outfit he’d be making for the captain. That won’t be enough. She needed more options in her wardrobe. An attire for formal events for instance. He had some designs in mind given her style preferences. In fact, he had an interesting bolt of cloth in mind for a decorative sash. He had no plans of returning it to that rat’s nest. He was worried he won’t be able to find it so easily next time.

Or maybe he could?

“Captain, I have one request. I’d like permission to organise your … store room.” He didn’t mean to sound so offended. Just thinking of the clutter made him irritated all over again. This was the reason he insisted on having his bedroom untouched. There needed to be order so that he could remain sane.

“Tidying up the place will free up more space for future use. The room is much bigger than it looks.”

JVJll27.png

Q8NvlXr.png

After breakfast, the crew planned to enjoy the clear skies and sunshine-y weather they had been graced with for the past several days. An island would have been approaching soon and Runali was accustomed to the times they’d be eager to stretch their legs. However, unlike hours before, it had suddenly began to grow foggier. It didn’t seem too out of place and nothing out of sorts was happening, so the crew went about their day.

It wasn’t until earlier afternoon did Runali call for her crew’s attention. “Time for a quick meeting!” The captain hopped on the ledge of the ship, idly balancing and walking back and forth waiting for the crew to gather around. She left her new coat in her cabin, since it wasn’t cold enough for it. “We don’t do crew meetings very often, no?” She started when all of them gathered. “I was thinking about something. Plans, ideas, you guys, uh captain stuff. All that.” Her hand waved back and forth for a second before she continued. “Waaaay before a few of you were even part of the crew, there was always this goal. An idea to find the Black Compass.” She paused in her pacing and leaned on Luro’s shoulder since he was closer- and tall enough for her to do so. “For those that don’t know, the Compass was known to be in the hands of the last Pirate Lord. A Compass that leads to a treasure fit for the gods. We’d be set for life!” She pushed off of Luro to continue pacing back and forth on her makeshift balance beam. “But it’s not so much the treasure I’m concerned with. I’m more eager to prove we can do it. The last pirate crew that tried seemed to disappear in thin air. There’s plenty of different rumors like greed over took them or something got to them, but no one knows really.” Runali shrugged. “They just vanished. It was during my dad’s time as a pirate and from the old papers he had the Navy confirmed there was nothing left but the remains of their ship. Which, it’s the Navy. That’s hard to believe.”

She paused once more in her movement. “It’s said that the Compass is to the north where the sea starts to freeze over. We tried once, but we were a little… less than prepared. But! I say we try again! We’re tougher now and we’ll be able to get supplies and prep for it plenty of time before hand. And hey, if it gets too rough we could always just turn around and try again some other time. Think of it as another goal. First priority, Pirate Lord status. Second, lesser priority when we get bored enough- Finding the Compass. What do you say?”

During her spill, she hadn’t noticed the fog beginning to thin out abnormally quick. It seemed to fluctuate between unbearably thick and too hard to see to almost not existing at all. Before she could get an answer from her crew, there was a shrill and indescribably high pitched noise that was loud enough to echo around despite coming from nothing insight. Coral took to the skies to find a source and while she did, Runali started to step back on to the ship. “Doesn’t sound like a cry for-”

Something flew in between Runali and the crew, much too fast to see. The force alone made Runali stumble back onto the ledge, but instead of regaining her balance she was pushed backwards. Backwards and off the ship. Her one eye widened in surprise and she reached out to grab the nearest thing she could but only grabbed the air.

Above, Coral squawked for their attention and used a wing to point out towards the thinning fog. Much too far away to see clearly was a ship in the distance. And if one took a closer look via telescope, they'd spot a distinct pirate flag waving in the wind. Based off distance alone, they were much too far away to get such a clear shot to knock the captain off the ship, but after everything the crew had seen being in and out of the Stardusk crew, anything was possible.

proxy.php

Jack cooed at Chaos as the crew congregated for the captain's meeting. He'd been entertaining the kitten all morning with a loose canvas string he cut from a fraying sail. He managed to capture Chaos afterwards and busily scratched her chest as she chewed on the ends of a dreadlock.

When they settled down, Jack found himself next to Sid. He grinned down at his brother. The first couple of weeks found an awkward space between the brothers. Over a year had passed since they last met, much less communicated, and the relationship they originally had changed. Jack continued being secretive, but whatever caused his emotional reaction when Cedric first appeared, seemed left behind it. The last two weeks showed the pirate cook happier than he'd ever been since joining Stardusk.

As the captain started talking, Jack leaned over to Cedric. "I noticed you actually ate your food this morning. Congratulations, you actually ingested something green." He winked at him, and left him to wonder what green thing he actually ate.

"This sounds more reassuring with every word," Jack said sardonically to Runali's Black Compass proposal. He glanced at Sid while Chaos rolled in his arms to get scratches on her back, wondering if his brother would be appealed by the mysterious object. The tale of the Black Compass loved to be told on every ship Jack ever sailed on. He was familiar with it... and the tragedies that surrounded it. Runali's speech inspired zero confidence regarding their own chances.

As the fog dissipated again, Jack looked up. He frowned. Since when does fog fluctuate like this? he mused to himself, glancing around them, his attention drifting away from the crew's talk.

His distraction caused him to miss the thing that pushed Runali overboard.

"Runali!" Jack cried, dropping Chaos to go to the captain's rescue. He reached for a loose rope line and placed a hand on a banister, prepared to jump over. Suddenly, a gust of wind sprang around the ship. It buffeted the crew, pulling at their clothes, twisting the fog around Lady Luck. Jack gasped. He gripped the railing tighter to prevent from falling over. His eye raised and belatedly he saw the flag of colors on the ship before them. He squinted in an attempt to make out the symbol, but it was too far away, too obscure. He gritted his teeth and heaved himself overboard after the captain.

Reactions: Mizos and Capt. Blu
wUsiFI0.png

jlClo3A.png

Luro spent most of his time in the lower half of the ship during their voyage, with the L.A.D.D. and gloves adjusted a bit, he put them aside to work on later, deciding to add the changes to the ship he had promised the Captain. He had already taken care of a bit of the interior, just to better brace against attacks, the cannons had already been modified but he added a few extra ice generators to the top ones since most of them were below deck. Putting his tools to the side Luro climbed to his feet wiping a bit of sweat from his brow, with a smile he looked at the small sphere in his hand. He had been messing with the object for a few days and had finally built a small holding place for it. The space would help with holding it but he wanted to use different materials to protect it, he remembered the Nova’s ship as he was building, the small room that housed Pandora, he didn’t have enough materials for that so this would have to do, but he knew if they went up against that ship now, this was nowhere near enough.
“Well that’s something I’ll just have to solve later,” Luro said sticking a nail into his mouth.
He wanted to use other materials but there just wasn’t enough, he had plenty of wood but he knew better than to waste that resource given their past accidents. If he could help it he wasn’t going to let another situation like Nyiri happen, that still ate at him.
When he finished he had a small makeshift altar on the lower deck, it was far in the corner and setting the sphere onto it he took a few steps back bringing a hand to his chin. Raising his hands he peered through them taking in the surrounding area with a small nod.
“Yeah I can build around this…” Luro mumbled. “Hehe it’ll take a bit longer but I’ll get it done.”

Luro munched on a piece of fruit while the Captain explained their future plans, he stopped mid-bite at the mention of the Black Compass only to continue after being used as a makeshift wall. The Black Compass had never been far from his mind, it was one of their original goals. Luro’s eyes lowered a bit wondering how much sincerity was in him to search for it back then, but he knew at the very least the Compass was important to him, it was one of the first things they had been unified over, he took that at least a little seriously.
His eyes moved over to Zilia who was squeezing the bridge of her nose as the Captain spoke of the item, mainly at the part where they had tried to get it before and failed, she put her head in her hands as the Captain mentioned leaving and trying again later should things mess up again. It was pretty clear Zilia wasn’t wholly for the idea but as always she raised her head not adding to the discussion. They both knew once the Captain fully set her mind to something that was it.
“Sounds good Captain! We’ve already done the impossible multiple times, Kadi to blame for one of them. May as well add something else to the list, I mean no sense stopping at Pirate Lord."

Zilia held a note up though she wasn’t too enthused about the whole situation there was one particular thing she couldn’t deny.
“I’m not too keen on searching for such a dangerous object…but admittedly I wouldn’t mind adding such a chapter to the Chronicle.”
Zilia wanted to comment on the Pirate Lord part as well but put that aside as the strange shift in the fog was currently a bigger concern. She hugged herself a bit not liking the feeling that was starting to creep into her, this generally only happened when something bad was about to happen. The moment she noticed Luro having trouble finding a bottle of rum her eyes widened, that was a bad omen.
Almost as if in response to her silent fears the shrill sound echoed through the area, Zilia flinched at the sudden noise and Luro stopped digging in a nearby barrel. Just as he was opening his mouth to comment something passed between everyone, Zilia stumbled backwards and caught herself only to see the Captain fall over the edge. Eyes widening she sprinted after her only to be stopped by Luro who grabbed her by her hood, she looked over at him only to see him pointing at something and watched as Jack leapt over the edge. Luro’s attention was focused on Coral before moving to the ship in the distance. Luro trusted Jack to help the Captain he was concerned about what almost hit them and why the Captain fell in the first place.
“What is it?”
“I would have trouble getting a shot like that in this fog…I hope I’m wrong but they either missed on purpose or that was a warning...I kind of hope it's the first one…I’ll help Jack please keep an eye on them.”
Zilia noticed the grin on Luro's face as he stared in the direction of the ship in the distance, but it didn't last long as he
headed over to the side of the ship to help Jack get the Captain back on board, Zilia kept her eyes on the ship in the distance.

Reactions: Capt. Blu
“Did I?”

Cedric hoped Jack was kidding. Green usually meant leafy vegetables, the kind that shouldn’t last this long out at sea. He wrinkled his nose in distaste. Jack’s teasing only made him more determined to figure out what his brother slipped into his sandwich during breakfast. It had been soft but firm. A little chewy. The earthy taste of greens oddly absent.

A water plant? He heard of seagrass and sea grapes before, but he doubted Jack had gone for a swim yesterday. He hadn’t seen signs of agricultural activity on board the ship either. Cedric was stumped. Trust Jack to come up with such an underhanded surprise. Sid shot his brother a withering glare as he vowed to check his plate more thoroughly in the evening. He wasn’t going to let Jack trick him again.

His dark mood lifted temporarily. He listened politely to Runali but didn’t comment on her goals. The Black Compass was … a myth. He wasn’t convinced it existed without concrete evidence. Attaining the status of Pirate Lord was probably more achievable in his opinion. Feeling bored, his eyes drifted around the group. His gaze lingered a little longer in Zilia’s direction. The weird fog finally caught his attention. A feeling of unease prickled inside him.

He crossed his arms as a way to distract himself. His mind was already straying from the group. Cedric’s head whipped around quickly when he heard the shrill noise. His jaws clenched tightly as his ear kept ringing. Failing to spot the source of the sound, he braced himself. His fingers reached for one of his summoning cards. Chester, who had been sleeping nearby, was awake and alert. Chaos was oddly quietly. Her ears flattened against her head. She was nervous.

Chester hissed suddenly but his warning was too slow. Cedric’s heart fluttered erratically as his eyes darkened. He scanned the area for signs of another attack. His mind slowly catching up and informing him that the Captain had gone overboard. The message only became clearer when he saw Jack leaping after her. His breath hitched again. Oi, Jack!

He darted to the edge while pointing at the person closest to him. “Watch the rope! Don’t let it snap!”

He wasn’t sure if Alicia had given the same orders. His mind was frantically offering a dozen suggestions at once. There had to be something he could do to help! He gripped the top of the rails tightly suppressing the urge to jump after Jack. He cursed under his breath. The fog was not helping at all! They could barely see anything despite the fog thinning out.

Light! The thought was never fully articulated. Only an image of lighthouse lingered in his mind. Cedric felt inspired all of a sudden. He whipped out two cards from his pouch and threw them in the direction Jack jumped. There was brief flash of heat and light. All that was left of the cards were shimmering cinders slowly disappearing in the mist. Light gathered on the Jack and Runali’s skin. The patches knitted into a thin layer making them glow softly. It wasn’t very bright up but it was enough for Cedric to spot them.

“There! I see them!”

The feeling of unease returned two-fold. At the back of his mind, Sid wondered if he did the right thing. He made it easier for everyone to spot the two. That included their enemies. He sucked in his breath as he became even more vigilant. That was when he spotted the ship.

“Merdi!” he swore.

Reactions: Mizos
JVJll27.png

Q8NvlXr.png

The fog started to thicken again, obscuring first Runali, then Jack. Coral seemed to get more ruffled by the second, before flying downward and onto a barrel. Even Chaos and Chester seemed to wearily take steps back.

For those that searched for their captain and cook, not only could they not be seen, but there was never a splash heard, despite the quiet becoming more and more eerie. Cedric’s light flashed and flickered long enough to see the two for a brief moment, but the fog seemed to consume it and muffle the light enough to hide them once more.

When Runali fell, the sudden surprise of it made her voice catch in her throat, but she braced herself for the fall in order to quickly be able to swim to the surface. However instead of hitting the water, she felt something- someone grab her hand, only for her to abruptly stop falling. The sudden forceful tug of her arm made her suck in a breath, but she heaved a sigh spotting Jack as the one that grabbed her. She noticed the rope he was holding and soon they were both being pulled up. Looking down, Runali noticed how close she was to the water and when she squinted, she could have sworn she saw a fin circling where she would have landed… But when she blinked, it was gone.

The light caught her attention next. It was bright around her, but she was in no position to be alarmed despite the sudden tensity of the situation. Instead she could only watch as it became harder to see in front of her. She only held on a little tighter as they were being pulled up.

They were pulled back up by Luro, as he was the closest one to the ropes at the time. Runali reached up, taking Luro and Jack’s hand to be pulled back onto the deck of the ship. “Thanks.” Oddly enough, she realized she hadn’t said anything during the fall nor during when she was caught. Almost as if she couldn’t until now.

Once more, the fog seemed to fluctuate and thin out. However this time, with all eyes on the ship ahead, the moment they blinked, it was suddenly a lot closer than before.

“What the-”

This time a bright white flash passed their eyes, almost forcing them to look away or blink. And suddenly, the ship was sailing up to them- much, much easier to see and much closer than before. This ship didn’t look like a typical pirate ship. The sails were a deep red that looked like chiffon curtains much like ones that were used in theatrical performances. The ship was higher than Lady Luck, but it was easy to see what looked like parts of a stage on the deck of it. The cannons were painted a golden color and there seemed to be more spots of decoration on the ship, like red bows that matched the sails. The jolly roger was no different, matching the sails, the symbol inside however- instead of a skull was an anchor with music notes wrapping around it.

There was an uneasiness in the air that seemed to slowly disappear with the fog. Runali stood wearily by Luro’s side, gesturing for him to prepare for the worst. Although the moment she told him to, her eye widened a bit and she raised her hand to stop him. “Hold it!”

Across the side of the ship, as it slowed to a drift by their side, read the word ‘Valhalla’ in a white decorative script. Runali had only heard rumor of them- and knew little about them even when they were mentioned, but there was no mistaking the jolly roger and the name of the ship.

“Another Worst Gen- the Court of Miracles.” Runali looked back at her crew and then to the ship. “The third- no fourth Worst Gen group.” She clarified. “The ones we happened to knock down a peg.” Unlike before, where there seemed to be a forced uneasiness put on them, things seemed to slowly return to normal. Coral flew onto Runali’s shoulder and the captain started to take steps forward. “Well,” Runali glanced back at her crew and gave a small smile as if the tension from before never existed. “This should be fun, no?” Before the more recognizable ‘distressed’ faces could form, she added. “I’m gonna guess they were the ones that attacked me… I don’t know how, but I’m gonna get answers. Can’t just let that happen and be okay with it. What kinda pirate would I be? Besides, they’re slowing down- and the cannons are being pulled in.”

Reactions: Mizos
proxy.php

He made it. Just in time.

"You okay, captain?" Jack called down to Runali as they swung against the ship's port side. She didn't answer, which worried him, until he witnessed the fin of a shark dashing away below the fog. He swallowed and tightened his grip on her wrist. The light shined around them. It made him tense up, at first, not understanding or remembering where it was coming from. But as Luro started pulling them back on deck, he thought he saw Cedric's silhouette looking over the rail through the fog. Jack smirked. Worry wort.

When they got close enough, Jack heaved Runali up so she could grasp the railing. Luro offered his hand in help as Jack hauled himself over. He gave a grateful grin to Luro, and patted his brother's shoulder with a nod. With everyone safely aboard, Jack turned his attention to the ship. Like Runali, he recognized the pirate insignia immediately. A hand rested on the pummel of a butterfly sword, the cook noticing the bared cannons and wondered if the ship would attack. "I wonder how they feel about that?" he muttered when Runali mentioned that Stardusk had stolen the Court of Miracle's ranking.

He didn't know much about the Court of Miracles. He recalled a thin stack of old bounties on Hoshi's desk, out dated, unclear as to what crimes warranted those numbers. No one who talked about the former third Worst Gen gave a straight answer to how they earned that status. He suspected Hoshi had known, from when she served as a naval general. She never did bring it up during her endless who-and-what were the Worst Generation drills.

His head snapped towards Runali, looking down his nose at her with one eyebrow raised. "I hope you realize, captain, this won't be like with the Novas. They may hold a grudge against us. Or..." he considered then shrugged. "Or maybe not. I confess, I don't know much about them in terms of their piratical history."

Reactions: Mizos and Capt. Blu
jPFQpWD.png

"I'll get my weapons." Sara sighed, before going below deck. She wasn't the biggest fan of fighting at sea, she preferred to wage combat on solid ground that was stable and not-moving. But she had long-since accepted that the luxury of choosing a battleground was gone. She returned with her gladius and pistols strapped to her side, her shield on her back, and her spear held in her hands.

"So... Do you know anything about these guys? Aside from having a very decorative and fancy-looking ship?"

jlClo3A.png

wUsiFI0.png

Seeing the captain back on the ship brought Zilia a bit of relief but it was relatively short lived as the ship had somehow gotten closer in the short time her attention was removed from it. Luro seemed just as perplexed since he was positive the ship had been further. Just as Zilia figured she had misread its distance thanks to the fog the light came forcing her to look away.
“Cedric did you summon that weird light again!” Luro yelled raising his arm at the light.
The source of light became a second thought however as the ship had somehow closed the distance again, Zilia got a good look at it and her eyes narrowed a bit at the strange sight of the ship. It seemed more like a floating theater than vessel, she couldn’t help staring at the strange design especially with what seemed like a stage on the deck of the ship.
She would have taken a bit more time to observe it if not for the fact they were more than likely the culprits who knocked the Captain overboard.
“It’d be nice to meet someone friendly.” she thought rubbing her sleeve.

Luro folded his hands behind his head as he got a good look at the ship, a small smile finding its way onto his face as it cam fully into few. He had to say it had a certain charm to it, he liked the flag especially but he wouldn’t mind having the sails. If they got to kill this group he was going to take their sails, he wouldn’t use them on the Lady Luck of course, she was a simple lass who didn’t need all that flair but he’d find a purpose for them.
“What an interesting ship,” Luro said grinning. “Been a bit since I’ve come across such a classy lass on the sea, I hope the inside matches the outside though.”
A chuckle escaped from Luro and he gave a small nod at the Captain’s silent signal, he rubbed the back of his neck and his left hand twitched. Just as he was about to step forward the Captain’s voice halted him and he glanced at her, arching his brows he lowered his hand and crossed his arms giving a nod and looking back at the ship.
The moment Runali revealed what the ship was a sudden feeling ran through him and by Zilia’s shiver she felt it as well. Luro gripped his chest a toothy grin slowly forming on his face, Zilia on the other hand closed her hands to stop the shaking. It had been a bit since such a rush ran through him, he couldn’t help laughing a little, whoever was on the ship was going to be interesting.
“The Miracle Court,” Luro said bringing a hand to his chin once he calmed down a bit. “Hmmm…sounds familiar…”

Luro looked over at Zilia who only gave a small shake of her head, she probably knew just as much as he did. Since their encounter with the Red Pirates and the many explanations she had received on the ‘underdogs’ of the sea, Zilia had been making an effort to learn more about the Worst Gen. The Red Pirates were easy with their reputation but the Miracle Court was a bit harder.
“It’s hard to tell where the rumors end and begin,” Zilia wrote giving a small nod towards Jack before looking back at the ship. “I say we be extra careful, enemies or not they still took a shot at us and helped the Captain fall overboard in infested waters…that's a pretty bad first impression.”
“Eh we’ll have to deal with them eventually anyway Z,” Luro said folding his hands behind his head. “I’m curious about who they are though, especially the person who shot at us. We took their position as well it’s only fair we formally meet with them.”
Zilia narrowed her eyes at Luro who only offered a shrug to her.
“Z it’s important to respect the bodies you step over.”
“They’re not dead!”
“Yeah yet we’ll see how it goes,” Luro said arching his brows at her.
“You’re already ready to fight…that’s not a good sign.” Zilia thought bringing a hand to her face.
“Oh what if this is a trick and an ambush. Wouldn’t that be fun guys?” Luro said looking back at the others. "If it is try not to damage the sails I have plans."

Collab: Captain and Silent
JVJll27.png

wtgAgn5.png

Q8NvlXr.png

Valhalla began to drift right alongside Lady Luck, calmly and quietly. A few birds flew over head and the sun was back in the sky, as the crew hoped for earlier that day. Coral’s head tilted left and right, both she and the captain stared up at the ship. Curiosity was written across the captain’s face as she neared the edge of the ship, getting a better look at all the decorative etchings across the sides. “Oi, Luro. You ever thought of giving Lady a fancy touch up like this? Y’know, for the flair and all?” It was only a half serious question. She didn’t expect it- and they weren’t really the fancy type, save for maybe Sara and Kadi.

“Perhaps some streamers too?” Jack cut in with a dry tone, “Why not gild the mast with gold while we’re at it. Finally remove that Raven mark that’s still there.”

After he answered, Coral let out a chirp and pointed upwards for everyone to pay attention ahead. What the bird saw, and then what the crew saw, was a bridge unfurling into place between the two ships. When it landed, a red fabric rolled right behind it and stopped at Runali’s feet.

“Ahem.”

No one saw or heard the person that suddenly made an appearance at the edge of Valhalla. The man wore a clean white button up shirt and an equally clean pair of black pants. Nothing too odd, but definitely not something one would see on a pirate. However, what was rather odd was the animal skull mask that was over his face. “Stardusk Crew, on behalf of the Court of Miracles, my captains would love to have you on board our ship, Valhalla.” His voice was smooth and inviting. Under the mask, the crew could even see the inviting smile he gave as he formally bowed and gestured them on board.

Runali’s foot tapped the edge of the red fabric before she turned to her crew. “Well? C’mon we can’t not go. It would be rather rude to the fancy man, no? And he’s not even the captain.” It didn’t seem like she was taking a no for an answer and there was a sudden lull of curiosity that seemingly pulled some of the more hesitant ones towards the ship. Jack frowned, fingers curling around his weapon, and followed with caution. He dropped back as being one of the more hesitant of the crew and found himself next to Zilia as they stepped on the bridge.

“Fancy man? I’m flattered. I’m merely the navigator of this fine ship. Pleased to make your acquaintance, I go by the name Sergi Timoteo.” There was an almost alluring way how he spoke. It was unmistakably captivating despite him being so casual. As each of the crew walked across the bridge and onto Valhalla, he gave a gentlemanly hand where it was needed. “Do watch your step.” He started. And once the last person stepped onto the ship, he stepped in front of the small group and gave another grandiose bow. “Let me introduce you to the Court of Miracles.”

The moment he straightened up, there was an explosion of green and blue confetti overhead. It fluttered down and the large stage they could only see from below was suddenly alive with… performers? Shimmery costumes, fancy acrobatics and tricks- and at one point one of them spit fire- it was so sudden for such a short amount of time.

Runali’s one eye widened with wonder and delight. Fancy displays like this weren’t all that new to her, as she had seen several festivals back at home. She looked even more impressed when a small monkey and a blue macaw did a little dance before bowing and scampering off.

Jack flinched at the initial blast of confetti, and made a face as it swamped Stardusk. The explosion of chaos made his head spin-- performers clustered around the crew, making a greeting that blew meeting the Novas right out of the water. One female acrobat brushed past him, curling a thin silk scarf around his neck as she went by. He blinked, catching her eye with a sudden spike of intrigue. He squinted to bring her into focus amidst the vibrant barrage. She twisted fluidly in a dazzling orange outfit, with a tiger lily pinned in thick curls. Kaleidoscope colors and sounds pressed against him so intensely, he barely felt her pressed against him, much less the scarf trail off his shoulders as she left.

A cacophony of noise broke his attention. Jack glanced away -was that a monkey dancing?- and, just like, the acrobat vanished. Two more performers, brimming with light sticks and streamers, took her place and began a duo prance around the cook.

I hate this, Jack decided, swatting away a sparkler.

“Ladies and gentleman,” Sergi’s voice was a little peppier, a little more excited and yet still captivating. “It honors me to present to you captain of the Court, king of Valhalla, Paris Montague!” A man stepped through a rain of confetti, whipping around his white long tailed coat over his shoulder in dramatic flair before tipping his top hat downward. His outfit resembled that of a ringmaster had any of the crew experienced circuses and performances like them. Since his jacket was off, it was clear to see the tattoo on his left forearm, a musical anchor like the jolly roger with the tragedy and comedy mask behind it and the ribbon coiling down the anchor and into a heart at the end. Before the captain could speak, Sergi continued. “But the honor doesn’t end there! One king ruling a kingdom is much too plain, much to simple! And this Court is much more than that! Where there’s one captain for you, we have a second by the name of Pierre Montague!” A second man, identical to the first stepped from behind Paris, grinning and tipping his hat as well. The two wore the exact same outfits, however the only difference was that Paris had blue accents to his outfit and Pierre had green accents to his. Even the tattoos were exactly the same.

35li7u1.png

1611478.png

2mo4ih3.png

“Whoa.” Runali started, giving a slow applaud as the performance died down and the crew shuffled away behind curtains and through a door or two, leaving Paris, Pierre, Sergi, and a fast-approaching woman not too far behind.

“Whoa is correct!” Paris grinned.
“Whoa indeed!” Paris echoed.

“My brother and I are so glad you accepted our invitation!” Paris so smoothly stepped in front of Sara and reached to ever so gently hold her hand and press a kiss to it. “Especially as beautiful as a woman such as yourself.”

“The doctor, yes?” Pierre had made his way in front of Zilia with a charming smile. “I can tell an eye for style when I see one. Your hair is lovely!”

Suddenly, the woman behind them burst her way forward. “Move out of the waaaaaaay!” she sprang forward in a sing-song, partially yelling, voice. She stopped dead in front of Stardusk and bounced on her tiptoes. Jack stared at her, wondering why this strange woman was so excited.

“Oh. My. Papyrus! Ha ha! Stardusk, a pleasure, a pleasure, such a big fan!” she sang, taking Runali’s hand and shaking it so hard her arm started vibrating at the shoulder. The woman beamed, her attitude contradicting the prim-and-proper attire she wore. Decked in a white coat-tailed suit, she fit into the Court’s exuberant scheme with a miniature top hat fixed crookedly on top of her head. A pink brooch gleamed with the anchor and music note identical to the twins’. The woman herself shined with point perfection; the buckles on her shoes were spotless, not a thread went frayed nor a hair frizzed.

Smiling, the woman took Runali’s face in two small, gloved hands and turned her left and right. Jack’s hand returned to his weapon, but hesitantly. “Excuse me, what are you--”

“Look at that! You really don’t have a Reaper’s Eye! How fascinating, you must tell me though. It’s so odd, I can’t quite get a read...”

She faltered as her eyes became unfocused, fingertips pressing gently against Runali’s temples, like she was giving a face massage. Her head tilted up, then down. Left to right. She started to hum with a beginning of a sentence-- until she suddenly, and abruptly, focused on the person standing behind Runali.

“Arcadius Mikhail,” she breathed.

She squealed, skipped, and threw herself into his arms. “You go by Kadi don’t you? Oh silly me! You’re story is oh so fascinating. Please, allow me to read you!” she begged, reaching for his face like she’d done with the Stardusk captain.

32znblt.png

The rush of color and pizazz died down and Runali was about to greet the two captains, only to suddenly have her arm yanked into a handshake. “Wh-!” A chill went up Runali’s spine the moment her face was touched- moreso because she wasn’t expecting it. The lack of malicious intent was so dreadfully obvious that Runali didn’t feel the need to even reach for a weapon, although when she mentioned something about reading her eye, Runali took a step back and rubbed her cheek. “Hn... Friendly group.” She wasn’t sure how to feel about what just happened, but seeing Kadi get a similar treatment she simply sighed.

“Now now Cecilia.” Sergi said in a singsong voice.

Pierre and Paris interrupted simultaneously, both holding hands up. “Cecilia!”
“Cecilia Pennyworth!” They didn’t sound angry, but they did sound expectant.

“We introduce ourselves first before doting! You know this.”
“We talked about this”

Cecilia froze with fingers wrapped around Kadi’s neck. The moment their skin touched, she went wide-eyed with her purple-tinted mouth making a perfect ‘O’ of surprise. “By the ancients, what are you fascinating human? One could’ve believed you died if it wasn’t--” she was interrupted mid-sentence by Sergi, followed by her captains.

Leaning until she was practically upside-down, Cecilia pouted at her captains. Reluctantly she released the navigator and stood up straight.

“Oh dear. Captains, my captains, you know how I get when you bring such lovely surprises aboard.” she flapped a hand to cool off her flushed face. “Please do forgive me. The name’s Cecilia Pennyworth, first mate to the Court of Miracles.”

Taking one step forward, the first mate bowed at the waist with her arms flourishing wide, giving deep appreciation to their guests. She straightened with a tug to her waistcoat before alighting upon Cedric. “You’re not in my Stardusk records. How new! How exciting! Please, indulge me with an examination, yes?” Cecilia sweeped to his side. She took the young man’s arm and started petting his sleeve, dreamily chatting away about how soft it felt, and how pretty his eyes were, before producing a ruler from her suit jacket to get his measurements.

Jack looked on at the crew meeting the Court, hovering between wicked amusement and worry he’d be next in the spotlight. He determined the best wallflower spot was half-hiding behind Luro, using the giant’s shadow as he busily rolled a cigarillo to avoid eye contact. “What the hell kind of crew is this?” he muttered loud enough for the carpenter to hear.

Had the crew not have been looking at the twins, it would have been hard to tell which one was talking. Although, Runali had already forgotten which one was which. “Ah, so… the captains of this ship. Nice to meet you both.” Suddenly both were shaking her hands with a little overzealous enthusiasm that made her pull away a little forcefully.

“It’s nice to meet you Miss Lev!” Pierre… or was it Paris that said that?
“We were just dying to meet you- all of you!” One of them stated.

Needless to say, Runali’s fascination turned into confusion and curiosity, as she wasn’t sure what exactly was going on or why the Court were so theatrical. She was also curious about where everyone else went after the sudden explosive performance.

EVksKxp.png

Alicia still argued that Ru should have told her sooner about her position, although she was at least glad she wasn't the only one to have found out at the same time and was more so greatfull that the news was welcome to the rest of the crew. At first she wasn't entirely sure how to feel about it, after all it meant she had increased responsibility not just within the ship but for the lives that sailed upon it. She had to remind herself a few times that it was nothing she wasn't already doing, but nevertheless she couldn't help but let worry settle into her thoughts now and again till she adjusted to the idea of it. Over the next few days she would take the task more seriously, ensuring that everything was in order and checked thoroughly personally just in case there was something amiss that she'd need to have sorted the next time they made for port.

She'd have visited Luro to ask about the condition of the Lady Luck and whether or not she would require materials for any foreseeable repairs in the close future. She'd have seen Jack about his food stores and whether or not he needed anything from additional food supplies or equipment to help him in the kitchen, even Zilia was approached to ask whether or not she needed any medical tools or a greater space for her to work that'd make her able to perform better should they run into trouble, which was more than likely going to happen. Alicia had practically buried herself in lists and notes, checking anything they might need against their finances, expenditures and upkeep. For the first few days it was common that the Swordswoman would fall asleep on her desk with a quill still in hand before she eventually started to settle herself and calm down a little.

As much as she would have enjoyed some time to have tea in her usual chosen place on the ship, it seemed yet another pirate crew were approaching and as she stood her eyes narrowed slightly as she prepared to communicate Ru's orders to the others, however she stopped short when Cedric called out first, raising her eyebrows before simply shrugging lightly, feeling there was no need to echo suggestions given correctly. She did however call Kadi to the helm and Jack to the crows nest in case they needed to prepare for an engagement or even an escape manoeuvre. Of course Ru appeared cool as always and didn't appear too bothered by their presence, which was reassuring but knowing they were the ones that had fallen a spot due to their own rise in strength made her more than a little suspicious about this meeting.

"Out of the frying pan... " she muttered before correcting herself, "Then again, we never seem to leave the frying pan... ". Resting a hand on her sword she shifted her position and made her way towards Runali, taking up a position close by just in case they would come under fire for which she'd take up a position pushing the projectiles away from the ship and the captain. However as things progressed she was kind of stuck on what to think by the colourful display after having boarded the Valhalla. The display reminded her of some of the festivals back home which was pleasing, though that didn't offset the pinch of caution present in her mind as she observed the introductions quietly, flicking a piece of confetti from her shoulder before returning her attention back to the two captains and the rather eager first mate.

"Never a dull moment, right captain?" she smiled softly.

wUsiFI0.png

jlClo3A.png

"I thought about it but a Lass with too much flair about her tends to leave a bad first impression, her simple beauty should be accentuated not compensated by a mess of items and knick-knacks. That changes from lady to lady though, but our Lady's simple so just a little here and there is good for her."
Luro responded to the Captain with a smile, he seemed surprisingly serious glancing at their ship, but left the matter at that as he couldn't deny their ship did have a certain way about it. His eyes moved to the man who invited them on board, the first mate who was apparently named Sergi. He smiled a little at the man and made his way onto the ship, he couldn't deny being a little curious about him.

Zilia on the other hand wasn't too keen on the man, the moment he appeared her eyes narrowed at him and for a trace of a second animosity crossed her features, her right hand twitching towards a missing weapon on her waist. Whatever took over the doctor however passed quickly and she closed her hand into a fist pushing down whatever feelings surfaced for a moment. Her caution had only escalated seeing the man in the mask but seeing the others move she knew staying behind wasn't an option, she matched Jack's step and waved a hand to Sergi to inform she was fine as she made her way onto the ship, her eyes glancing over at Luro as his eyes widened upon stepping on the ship.

"Well that's an interesting feeling," Luro said tapping his foot on the deck.
He brought a hand to his chin and stared at the deck, tilting his head slightly as if he was looking for something, the moment passed quickly however as the sudden explosive introduction followed, Zilia visibly jumping at the sudden show blinking a few times at the sight as Luro laughed and clapped at the performers, raising his fist and cheering for one of them in particular, the fire breathing guy. At the Captain's introduction Luro laughed a bit and grinned at two.
"Hahaha that's quite an introduction for their Captains I don't mind a bit of showmanship, we should add more explosions to our introductions guys. Cedric use that fancy trick of yours too."

Zilia was trying to regain what composure she could given the circumstances picking confetti out of her hair when she was approached by one of the Captain's she jumped a bit being addressed, not accustomed to being spoken too in such matters, she regretted not moving behind Sara earlier. She looked up at the man not wanting to be rude, though she had try to show little emotion upon stepping on the ship that changed at his compliment, her eyes widening a bit before she offered a small nod as thanks for the man's kind words. Though right after her eyes twitched and bringing a hand to her face she slowly shook her head not liking that she had fallen that easily for such a compliment, and on top of that it was like he knew her weak spot.
"Ugh...I dropped my guard for a moment...I need to remain focused."
"Hey what's in this barrel?"
Zilia smacked Luro's hand stopping him, glad the man was there as a reminder on why she needed to pay attention.

At the appearance of the First Mate Zilia instinctively stepped away, moving casually behind Sara since she had already been approached.
Luro scratched the side of his head glancing over at the lady, feeling the presence of his friend behind him he only smiled and kept his attention focused forward.
"Apparently an interesting one," he said staring ahead with a small smile. "They are Worst Gen though, you don't become that easily. Well minus that one time."
Luro gave a small nod leaving the matter at that and focused back on the captains, their First Mate and the navigator, they seemed to do everything big, seemed to fit for a Worst Gen group but there was someone he was really curious about.
"Soooo who made your ship," Luro said moving his hands to his hips. "She's got a certain charm to her."
"There are far more important questions, like what do they want with us?" Zilia held her note up from behind her spot.
"Hm? That's boring business stuff. That's for Alicia or the Captain to handle. Let's just enjoy this, I've been wantin' to meet the other Worst Gen's so this is a good opportunity. You're not excited to meet strong people Z?"
"....Not if that strength is directed at us...like it always is..." Zilia thought squeezing the bridge of her nose.
"You just thought of something boring didn't you Z?" Luro said his eyelids lowering a little towards her.
"I feel like you've forgotten that they might have been the ones who almost killed the Captain." Zilia thought fiddling with one of her bangs.
"I haven't."
Zilia's eyes narrowed at Luro as she was pretty sure she that thought stayed in her head, instead of pursuing if Luro could read her mind she instead moved back to her comfortable spot behind Sara.

Summon that weird light thing again? Luro’s words puzzled Cedric. Given their foggy surroundings, he thought he had been discreet. The man’s keen observation, albeit concealed as a careless exclamation, only made Sid even more suspicious. He had tolerated the man out of respect for his older brother. Jack liked Luro, but he doubted he would ever share the same sentiments.

He didn’t bother to reply in the end. The answer was obvious as the Valhalla drew closer. Cedric didn’t recognise the name of the ship but he certainly recognised the name ‘The Court of Miracles’. He raised an eyebrow. This was an interesting coincidence. He always associated them with sell-out theatre productions. The most recent was Northwards, a dramatic retelling of the life of Henry Olanis. He regretted not being able to afford a ticket. He wondered if he would be luckier in the future.

He allowed himself to forget about Luro as he followed the crew onboard the Valhalla. Chaos walked calmly beside him while Chester was nowhere to be seen. The tailor suspected his little leo chose to stay behind. He wasn’t sure if it was out of sheer laziness or a desire to keep an eye on the ship. He suspected it was a little of both. He wasn’t too worried about being separated from his cat during an emergency. Chester wasn’t allowed to drift too far from him. The moment he stepped out of range his cat would appear at his side. He had witnessed it often enough to know that Charlotte was telling the truth.

The explosion of confetti greeting them startled Chaos. She stared wide-eyed overhead as green and blue rained down on her. Feeling annoyed that she was blocking his path, Sid scooped up his entranced kitten. He cradled her loosely enough that she was able to paw at the floating bits of paper. He brushed as much confetti out of his hair as he could feel before drifting towards the back of the group.

He glanced in Luro’s direction when the gunner suggested adding more showmanship to their introduction. It was a good suggestion if their Captain aimed to be Pirate Lord one day, but he wasn’t too pleased about his part in it. Fancy trick? Luro had to be messing with him. Cedric hated it when people knew things about him that he hadn’t shared. It felt too invasive. The only person to get away with that sort of behaviour was Jack.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he answered as innocently as possible.

He started stroking Chaos’ fur to distract himself. Thankfully, Luro moved on after a while. Sid was starting to relax again when Cecilia’s attention was turned on him. He stiffened after she took his arm and began petting his sleeve. He faked a smile as he kept their conversation going taking extra care to pay her compliment for compliment. He drew the line when she produced the ruler. He grabbed it before she could bring it closer to him.

“Ah Ms Pennyworth, I don’t see how knowing my measurements would help,” he jested. “I can assure you I don’t have any concealed weapons. All I have on me is my crossbow.”

His smile relaxed as he tried his best to be extra charming. “Why don’t I answer your questions instead? That will be more useful, no?”

He wasn’t worried about her accidentally discovering his summoning cards. He had concealed the drawn ones well. For her effort, she may pull out a few blank ones but they wouldn’t tell her much. He was concerned that she might get a glimpse of his earrings. The chances of her recognising them were slim considering she didn’t strike him as someone from Trovale. Still, it was a risk he wasn’t willing to take. Luro spotting him earlier had rattled him enough. He didn’t want to go through that again so soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: SilentxChaos
jPFQpWD.png

Sara stood there, her weapons in hand, she blinked in surprise and lowered her spear and shield at the colorful spectacle before her. So it looked like they weren't going to fight them immediately, but when? After the initial attack on the captain, Sara wasn't entirely convinced that these people were on their side. Sensing Zillia's nervousness, she stepped in front of her and turned her head slightly, giving the doctor a wink before turning back to face the opposing crew.

"So... Are we still going to rumble, or... what?" Sara said, brushing a few pieces of confetti out of her hair. "I'd hate to destroy your fancy ship, after all."

JVJll27.png

wtgAgn5.png

Q8NvlXr.png

“Rumble?” Paris echoed Sara’s question with a curious gaze.
“You expect a fight from us?” Pierre almost looked offended.
“Is that how you all do things? Pick fights with the every pirate that comes your way?” Paris’ hands rested on his hips as he looked curiously at Sara. “It’s not a good lifestyle. It causes wrinkles, love. You should really consider easing up on starting fights. Especially a pretty face like yours. Say, have you considered wearing makeup? Some of our ladies have the prettiest looks that I think would look fantastic on you. Waterproof even, y’know, for those rough seas.”

Runali’s attention broke from the captains for a moment so she could raise a brow at her first mate. She couldn’t help but return the smile, although adding. “Well don’t say that like it’s my fault.” Before she could be given any accusing looks, Runali turned towards the captains only to raise a brow when Luro spoke up.

In an eerie unison, Pierre and Paris snapped their attention to Luro. One smiled and then the other smiled a little brighter. “You’d like to know who our shipwright is?” Paris took a side step near Sergi.
“Valhalla does have a remarkable charm, thank you for noticing!” Pierre followed, taking to Sergi’s opposite side. The navigator straightened up between them, his face becoming more relaxed compared to the enthusiasm from introducing his captains. “Who made our ship you ask?”

“Well look no further!” Paris placed a hand on Sergi’s right shoulder.
“He dazzles almost as bright as we do.” Pierre placed a hand on his left.
“And is a man remarkable talent. Don’t you think Cecilia?” Paris sent a cheshire smile in her direction.

Before they could continue, Sergi cleared his throat and stepped forward to Luro. He offered a polite nod before adjusting the skull mask ever so slightly to look the taller man in the eye. “While I appreciate my captains’ enthusiasm, I only do what I can.” He broke his gaze for a moment to look at the rest of the Stardusk in order to show he was addressing all of them. “Navigator and shipwright. Easier to sail a ship you know like the back of your hand I’d say.” There was a moment’s pause before Sergi nodded again. “But thank you for noticing. I’ve put a lot of time and effort to getting Valhalla as my captains wanted.” With that, he took a step backwards, letting his captains take the spotlight once more. However, instead of what the Stardusk would have expected, the two captains went back to fawning over the crew.

“Ah, darling, such an uncivilized idea. I’m not checking for weapons,” Cecilia pouted as Cedric pushed her away, one sad ruler left unused in her palm. “No? I suppose I can memorize it then.” Reaching out, Cecilia’s fingertips touched his face and her eyes snapped into a vacant stare. She didn’t snap out of it until the captains called her name again.

Blinking rapidly, Cecilia looked dreamily at the twins. “Captains, my captains? Oh. Yes, Sergi lights the sun with his talents. Yes yes.”

She took a step back and gently let her fingertips trail from his cheek to neck, to pat his shoulders. “My sympathies to your old wounds. They seem very painful.” She gave him a kind smile. Then, like a flip being switched, she pivoted on her tiptoes and danced to the navigator.

“Sergi! For shame! To demean the captains’ praises so? Where do your talents’ not end?” she slung herself on Sergi, hands laced around his neck and kicking up one leg as if she suddenly transferred to a theatre stage. She changed her stance to lean towards the Stardusk crew, raising a hand to block her mouth from Sergi’s view though he could hear every word that came from her mouth. “You should really stay to watch his singing performance tonight. He’ll lull you like sirens wanting to play. Won’t you, darling?”

In the midst of this odd interaction, Runali glanced over at her ship, squinting ever so slightly to see Coral fly into the crow’s nest and watch from a distance. “Say…” She started, but it was soft and went unheard. There was not a bit of fog in sight and for a moment it felt as if something was trying to divert her attention and get her to focus elsewhere. It was an odd tug, but when she looked over at her crew, none of them seemed to be phased by it. The only odd thing happened to be the interactions from the captains.

And then she made eye contact with Pierre. He noticed her look a bit spaced and pouted a little. “Something wrong Captain Lev?” The question immediately caught Paris’ and Sergi’s attention as well- although Sergi had stepped off to the side, observing everything that went on.

Runali shook her head and waved her hand in front of her. “Ah, nah. Nothing. Just thought I…” Runali seemed to lose her train of thought in the middle of talking. “Never mind, it’s not important.” She reciprocated a smile when the two captains smiled at her, but followed with more curiosity. “Say, are you guys… actually pirates?”

Almost the moment after she asked, a cold chill went down all of the Stardusks’ spines. Both Pierre and Paris looked at each other and laughed. Clasping their hands in unison, Paris spoke first. “What do you mean Miss Lev? Is our name not still under the Worst Gen list?”

“Are we not still fourth-”

“Fifth.” Sergi interrupted. Cecilia hanged on him watching, a hand clutching over her heart when he made the correction.

Fifth on the list for the most dastardly of pirates in this generation?” There was something about the way he spoke that made Zilia, Sara, and Cedric feel a little off and near uncomfortable, but almost as soon as he finished it passed. Pierre didn’t seem like he did anything wrong, nor was he looking at either of them, and if the three looked at the others it appeared they didn’t notice at all.

“Well, I mean sure… but this is all,” Runali waved her hand trying to think of a good word. “Flashy? More like a show?”

“Is that not what it’s all about?” Paris questioned.
“As a pirate you cause a scene until you’ve got a bounty on your head.” Pierre echoed, leaning on his brother.
“And as the best of the worst, you cause a scene until your name is across the Navy boards!”
“We just happen to have a more fun-”
“A more eye catching-”
“Way of getting that attention. Much better than being…” Pierre’s voice trailed off for a second.
“Barbaric is the word you’re looking for brother.”
“Ah, yes! Barbaric. We are a civilized group that use our talents for more than just frivolous killing and pillaging.. I suppose as you might.”
“I guess the… savage way gets more attention.” This time, when Paris spoke it sounded a bit more condescending. A bit more passive aggressive. But almost in the same instant it vanished with his smile.

It was hard for even the more perceptive of the group to keep up with the sudden changes of mood but, every now and then it seemed to linger long enough to catch. At least, Runali noticed it once or twice but even she couldn’t tell if it was something that’d was directed at them. “I wouldn’t call it barbaric so much as survival at this point.”

“Nonsense~!” Cecilia sprang forward with song, taking Runali’s hands in her and grinning wide, a playful spark making her eyes danced wildly. “Pirating is exciting! Every day an exotic adventure! Look at the places you been, the crews you’ve seen! The stories you have would make the most sheltered girl spring from her marble gates and fly to a ship! Pirates are my life’s work, Runali Lev, and yours,” Cecilia squeezed her hands, “Yours is the most inspiring of all!”

The Court’s first mate giggled, releasing the Stardusk captain with a quick peck on her cheek. She twirled to her captains -her every move seemed like a dance- to grab one hand each and pulled them towards her. “Let’s show them how we sail the seas, captains my captains! What do you say? Oh please? They inspire me so to show off our very best!”

The captains watched Cecilia in all her pizazz with joy and pride in their eyes. The moment she twirled towards them, they instinctively had their hands out ready to take hers. Towards her suggestion, both captains’ eyes practically sparkled and they looked between each other. “What a great idea!” They said in unison.

“Oh you’re absolutely correct Cecilia.”
“100 and 10% correct Cecilia!”

Both Pierre and Paris squeezed Cecilia’s hands. Paris stepped forward, clasping his hands together while Pierre spun Cecilia towards Sergi. “Why don’t we show you what we do? Not as pirates, but as the best performers at sea! We’ve needed a reason to stretch our performing muscles, and what better than a brand new audience! Some fresh faces!”

“Sergi, Cecilia, if you please.” Pierre tipped his hat before stepping by his brother’s side.

Sergi casually and effortlessly caught Cecilia, not taking his eyes off Pierre. “Aye, aye captain. The show must go on. We’ll be ready.” Without another word, Sergi lead Cecilia off below deck.

“Come along Stardusk! We have so much time and so little to see-” Paris started before Pierre cut in.
“Scratch that. We have so much to see and so little time.” The two laughed and ushered the Stardusk further in the ship, not giving them much chance to back out.

35li7u1.png

1611478.png

2mo4ih3.png

32znblt.png

jPFQpWD.png

"It's not that we pick fights with other pirates, it's that other pirates pick fights with us and lose. Badly. I'm sure you've heard about what happened to the Tankered Pirates by now." She didn't like these new pirates, especially after they implied that she needed makeup or that the direct methods that Stardusk used were barbaric. But she especially didn't like how boring they all were. She openly wore the expression of mild boredom, for all their claims about artistry and showman ship, Sara found their first display to be hopelessly uninspired. They may have been fifth in the list for the Worst Generation, but Stardusk were above them all in their own category. For that reason, Sara also didn't trust them. After all, they still haven't said why they suddenly ambushed Stardusk out of nowhere.

proxy.php

The crew set off, one navigator and a swooning first mate taking the lead, as the captains stuck close to Stardusk.

Out of the corner of Jack’s eye, he thought he caught a glimpse of one of the crew members turning the corner of a hallway. Jack squinted. That almost looked like… he looked back at Cecilia, who was consistently peeking behind her shoulder to gaze longingly at his crew, clutching Sergi’s arm hard enough for finger indents to show in his sleeves. She saw Jack looking and quickly snapped her attention forward again, giggling. She launched into an in-depth conversation with Luro, explaining the unique techniques of Sergi’s carpentry (those that weren’t top secret, of course), leaving Jack with goosebumps prickling down the nape of his neck. The person he thought he witnessed appeared identical to the first mate. But when the crews passed the hallway by, no one existed in its dark passage. Shivers creeped along Jack’s skin. Was it a figment of his imagination? He wasn’t sure; the thought of specters roaming down this vast ship felt all too plausible so he fervently pressed it out of his mind.

As they transversed the ship, Jack kept a close eye on the captains, his unease leaking into his suspicions of them and the place. The fact he knew little of their pirate history ate at him. Normally, that encompassed three-fourths of his base knowledge, but with the Court of Miracles… it was blank. Staring at them through slighted eyes, the cook nearly missed other members of the Court poking out of the woodwork. They stared at Stardusk with intrigue, making tiny whispers, making the occasional sighing remarks or judgemental glances. One or two brave souls came closer - after casting questioning looks at their captains for permission - to walk alongside the group.

One of them was the acrobat from before. The one with the tiger lily in her hair. She strutted beside Jack for several moments, so silent he didn’t notice until he turned to the right.

“By the Goddess!” Jack gasped, his whole body tensing up. He covered his glare underneath a solid mask as he cleared his throat. “My apologies. I didn’t see you there.”

Her masked face tilted to the side.

Jack frowned. From head to toe, the woman swathed herself in shimmering orange and gold hues until not a patch of skin was uncovered, or a tendril of hair. The porcelain mask covered her face with a beautifully painted monarch butterfly. His heart twisted a bit at the sight of it. Monarchs were indigenous to Norja, his home.

But like her captains and first mate and navigator, she carried an aura of mystery and unnerving attention. She walked as a cat with weight resting on the pads of her feet, not making sound as she tread. Once again, Jack’s neck pricked, this time from the idea he was missing something that stared at him right in the face. He squinted at this women, who was hard to focus on in her array of fabric, and felt the itch of familiarity.

“I’m sorry. Do we know each other?” he asked, just as the captain twins brought Stardusk to their destination.

wUsiFI0.png

jlClo3A.png

At the revelation of the Carpenter Luro's eyebrows arched as he looking over at Sergi, he couldn't deny that understanding the ship did make it easier to navigate, knowing where she was strongest, and understanding how she felt going up against the waves, but he felt that was possibly if you listened to her as well, he liked the method of the man though. The Worst Gen had talented shipwrights, the Cutthroats had one and he felt a strange kinship with Caleb, and seeing how he managed to make a ship that flew it was had to say he was bad at what he did and the Cutthroats work was nothing to scoff at. He wasn't too surprised to hear Sergi was talented it'd be disappointing if he wasn't. He couldn't help but grin seeing how good these people were, it made him want to try even harder. He didn't really care too much about rankings or where they stood but even he had the smallest bit of pride towards Lady. He wanted to ask Sergi a few questions but something about what he said stood out to him, whatever thought crossed Luro's mind passed over quickly however and he just grinned at him.
"Well it's always good to meet a fellow lover of ships. We'll have to talk later about your process. In Alicia's room of course she has all the fancy stuff, if you like that stuff you'd probably feel more comfortable there."
Luro's eyes moved to the others of the Court of Miracles crew and with a small laugh he moved his hands to his hips.
"You guys got all kinds of energy! I like it!" Luro said. "We meet a lot of serious faced people so this is refreshing."

"...I feel like I'm watching a play with a dark ending."
Zilia eyes twitched slightly as she watched the mannerisms of the crew, normally such movements would bring joy and wonder but she wasn't sure if these movements, if they were real, were meant to represent joy, anger or sorrow. Each action, each flourish made it hard to determine their true intentions, they were so theatrical she couldn't get a real read on them, if everything seemed fake it was hard to find the real in their actions. At the very least if a person acted normally little ticks gave it away, but their large swoons and over enthusiasm motions made real movements hard to determine. It was akin to watching a play where the characters couldn't talk, everything was left up to the observer's opinion on the actions. She wasn't sure if she was being biased and overthinking things or if what instincts she had were screaming at her this wasn't a good thing.
She was on the verge of wondering if she was really mistaken when a chill ran down her, she visibly shook and brought a hand to her mouth, a feeling hit her and it was hard not to notice. Her gaze moved to the others but if they noticed it they weren't showing anything, at least some of them. Seeing Luro with his hands behind his head laughing about numbers made her mentally sigh, well she knew at least one person definitely hadn't noticed.

At the Captain's of the Court's comment Luro tilted his head slightly.
"Hm? What's wrong with killing" he said scratching the side of his head. "Barbaric, frivolous that doesn't really matter when it comes to that stuff."
Zilia grabbed Luro' s sleeve forcing him to stop talking, he glanced down at her his brow arching seeing the look in her eyes. He must have missed something as he knew that look, offering a small nod she released him and he moved his hands into his sleeves.
"I didn't mean it in a mean way Z. I'm fine being barbaric or savage or whatever, I like doing things my way. With the Captain's permission of course."
Zilia just shook her head quietly begging him to stop talking, which since they were being offered a chance to go through the ship he complied with.

Zilia hung a fair bit back as they were led through the ship, though she was concerned about Luro he seemed invested in his conversation with Cecilia, she didn't understand half of what they were walking about but he was clearly excited to talk about techniques, as always most of what he said didn't make sense but bits and pieces came through as normal talk. He seemed to mostly listen only chiming in to add something or ask questions. The looks they were getting didn't help calm her nerves, and seeing some join them only added to her worry, Jack also seemed focused on something or rather someone, mainly the woman who had scared him.
Zilia reached up and squeezed the bridge of her nose, not every encounter with Worst Gen went badly, but unanswered questions made it harder for her to relax, especially involving the Captain. Her gaze kept moving to Sergi as well, she was doing her utmost not to show an outward animosity like Sara, but every time she laid eyes on the man she could feel something well up inside her.
She turned her eyes from him and decided to focus on something else, she decided to just be hopeful. Just once things could go well, just once her medical supplies would remain in it's bag, just once they could make friends without blood being shed.
Hope was all she really had left at this point.

JVJll27.png

wtgAgn5.png

As they were being gestured off, both captains raised unimpressed brows towards Sara. They didn’t seem to pay Luro’s comments much attention. Her facial expression read a lot more than what her words said. They both looked at each other, seeming to share similar thoughts before Pierre spoke first.

“We don’t know who the Tankerd pirates are, doll.”
“Lowbrow pirates aren’t usually in our radar.” Paris continued.
“But if you all got rid of them, then I suppose it’s less worry for us, as we have more important things to do.” Pierre adjusted his hat and chuckled. “You seem to be in a bad mood, love. If you’re implying we’re trying to pick fights then you’re terribly mistaken.”
Paris gestured them towards a door, the same one Sergi and Cecilia walked through. “We do admire the fact that you’d think we’d care enough to know.” He gave a small laugh.

Runali, listening to the two and walking with the rest of her crew commented. “Well, it did happen a month or so ago. I’m sure it was in the papers at least once or twice.”

“Ah, then Cecilia may know!” Paris and Pierre spoke in a more chipper unison towards Runali than they did towards Sara.
“She’s our go to for all of that. Sergi as well.” Paris spoke.
“However it’s not usually the first thing we go looking for, information wise. We have a lot of islands to cover for our shows.”

“What kind of shows?” Jack asked, picking his pace to rejoin the captains. His brightly colored shadow floated behind him, mimicking his every movement in exaggeration. There’d been no answer to his question; Jack was forced to accept his mysterious new companion with unease and growing frustration. She captured him with point accuracy, lengthening her strides and shoving one hand in a pocket she didn’t have. When his foot tapped, hers did in silent synchronization. Jack started raising a hand to twist his cigarillo between his lips when the captains turned to him, and the acrobatess simultaneously put two pinched fingers to the corner of her mouth.

He turned to glare at her. “Would you stop that?”

“Theater performances of course!” Both captains’ eye practically sparkled.
“From plays to spectacular feats. We practically do it all.”
“Our last show was a dazzling retelling of the life of Henry Olanis, the last pirate who could tell the tale of the Black Compass.”
“It’s one of our biggest hits. People love it- well, people with good taste.” There was a way Pierre spoke that said there was something more to that statement. Instead of any further explanations, he tapped the door open, doing a grand bow gesture with Paris following suit. “But our newest performance we’re trying something new.”
“Something more interactive!”
“And we’d love for a newer crowd. A different kind of audience to see how it is before we debut it.”
“And what better way than the Stardusk Crew themselves? After all, with all of your ventures, you all sure have a way with drama.”

“What better way indeed,” Jack muttered. He looked down in thought as he tapped loose ash off his smoke. The acrobatess did the same with an empty hand and moodily slouched shoulders.

“None at all!” Cecilia exalted. By now she’d escaped Sergi’s arm, who had long since disappeared, to fully dot on Luro. She held his hand in her own petite one and peeked into his sleeve. “Oh my! It just keeps going, doesn’t it?” her voice came muffled from inside the cloth.

Before they could walk through the door, Runali stopped in front of the group. She looked over at Cecilia, in curiosity, but turned her attention to both captains. “This would be really, really unfortunate if this is a trap. My crew are ever the suspicious ones if you haven’t guessed.”

Pierre was the one to step forward, placing a hand over his heart while giving Runali the most heartfelt look he could muster. To most, it was immediately convincing- as an actor, it should have been. But to some who had been so used to lies and deceit, it was probably a little less so. “I swear on Davy Jones himself and the rules of a pirate parlay that we, the Court of Miracle captains and crew, are not trying to harm you in anyway. We have no reason to as we are performers first and pirates second.”

At first, Runali obviously didn’t seem convinced, being one that dealt with lies time and time again. She raised a curious brow wondering just what the catch was, but the longer she looked at Pierre the more her suspicions slipped away. “Hm… Yeah, alright. I suppose it won’t hurt. We’ve been out at sea doing nothing else anyway.” She looked behind her towards her crew. “I haven’t gotten to see a formal theater show in a while, so might as well do something interesting today? And we get a tour of their ship, so why not? Besides, what better way to get to know the Worst Gen competition than be friendly with them. Worked with the Novas.”

“Oh the Novas are lovely.”
“Much too kind to be considered pirates.”
“But great pirates nonetheless.”

Cecilia, done exploring Luro’s sleeve, pulled him with her to rejoin the conversation. She sighed dreamily. “Alton and Robin were a pair, weren’t they? Splendid souls they were-- are.”

Giggling, she grabbed Paris’ arm and gave him a shake. “But come! Come my captains, we musn’t be distracted now? We have a show to display! Fun times straight ahead!” she crowed and dramatically pointed to the door, expecting everyone to jump with her.

Jack’s eyebrows raised when none of them moved. His and the acrobatess’ heads cocked to the side.

“Ah yes of course! We’re getting off topic. Brother, Cecilia, and-” Paris looked over at the acrobatess, finally acknowledging that she was there, before he simply smiled at the entire group. “We must be off. We can’t interfere in the show or that defeats the purpose.”

As the crew was directed through the door and farther into the ship, nothing seemed very different. It looked like a regular ship save for a few fancy bows or engravings here and there on the wall. The doors they passed were closed and locked, only giving them one way to go and that was forward. “So…” Runali started, turning to look at her crew- and their accompaniment. “Where do we-?” Her attention snapped immediately to where they had come from. “Door’s gone.” It was a simple statement, but when they all looked that way, they’d notice that the door they walked in from had vanished and it was just a blank wall. And if they looked even more carefully, some of the doors in the hall had vanished too. Runali steepled her fingers, questions on the tip of her tongue, only to sigh and turn back. “Forward it is. By the way Jack, who’s your, uh, friend?”

He looked between Runali and the acrobatess with a contorted look. “Honestly, I wish I--”

An insurmountable sigh escaped from behind the wraps of gauzy orange. Jack stopped mid-sentence, eyes widening, as the acrobatess spoke for the first time.

“Jack… you never cease to amaze me, sometimes,” said a breezy voice, hinted by mischief that never faltered, and dripping with disappointment. “You’ve really let yourself go, haven’t you?”

Taking care not to ruin her garments, the acrobatess unwound her vibrant ensemble and removed the butterfly mask. It and the head wrappings fell away to reveal a scarred and striking face, pronounced by dancing almond eyes and lips painted dark as a rose. Despite speaking with mock sadness, they tilted in a playful smirk as she stared up at the Stardusk cook. Soft black curls sprang free to ripple along her jawline.

Jack went pale as if he’d witnessed Vahalla’s ghostly reveries. “Adelaide,” he gasped.

The smirk twisted into a smile. “Hello sweetie. It’s been awhile.”

ftpsp5.png

The cigarillo dropped to the floor. Jack moved fast as a viper, reaching for a hidden knife with one hand while reaching for the sword at his back-- only, to find…

Nothing?

Frantic, Jack patted down his person to discover all his weapons were gone.

“Where are they?” Jack whipped back around to the fake acrobatess.

“Why would I know that?” Adelaide inquired. As she spoke, the lit of an accent caused a sweet-sounding effect to her words.

In the midst of the others turning their attention to their own weapons -too, finding them curiously vanished- Adelaide shifted away from a wordless, hyperventilating Jack who couldn’t move, to place her dancing gaze on Runali. “The Stardusk captain. Wielder of the Reaper’s Eye. Runali… Lev? It’s…” bold lips puckered as she searched for the right word. She spoke of the captain like she was listing off a bounty. “An intrigue. I am Adelaide Summers. Some know me as the Windy She-Devil. I am former spy to the Marauders, along with my partner here.”

She gestured with a hand to Jack, who snatched her wrist in a vice and horror in his eyes. “Adelaide!” he hissed.

Instead of drawing back from the sudden, intense anger, she leaned forward to closer into his eyes. “What? They didn’t know?” They stared at each for an uncomfortably long silence.

Runali had started to mention that the walk down the hall felt a little longer than normal and about how it seemed to get a little more cramped than when they first walked through the door. She could have sworn she was a little closer to Zilia and Alicia then she was before they walked in. However, that was deterred when the accompanying woman revealed who she really was. A reveal that seemed to hit Jack even more so when they found his brother. And that’s what caught the captain’s attention the most. Her hand slid across her hip to reveal that she too lost her weapons, but her face remained unchanged, deciding not to show that it bothered her. Her gaze remained on Adelaide while the two spoke and immediately it felt as if she was missing something. But with Jack, that wasn’t very surprising.

Skepticism turned more into curiosity- a theme on this ship- and Runali eyed Adelaide over, taking small glances at Jack’s demeanor. “Hmm…” She started, fell silent for a moment in contemplation, before continuing with, “I’m sure he’d have told me when it was important.” Her arms crossed and she took a step in between them in order to separate the two. “The powers that be seem to have an interest in your past, aye Jack? After all, they’re catching up a little quickly.” Jack snorted in contempt as her gaze went to Cedric for a split second before turning back to Adelaide. “Still, being on an unknown ship like this, we do have to level our priorities.” That made her pause and bring a hand up to her cheek in thought. “Unless… this is like a Ray situation then I s’pose that is higher priority… Kadi, what’s our chances here? Possible enemy ship and possible troubling extra pair of hands?” Before she could get too carried away in the idea she stepped forward again so Adelaide and Jack were facing each other once again. Runali on the other hand, walked backwards to their only exit. “By the way, Adelaide is it? ‘Windy She-Devil’ is a pretty cool nickname. But also, I don’t s’pose you can explain what this ‘show’ is that your captains decided to put on?”

Adelaide rotated her head to Runali. “You believe I’m--?”

“--she’s not--” Jack started. He stopped short, lips pressing in a thin line. Adelaide’s look turned smug, although she didn’t shift away from Runali. Scoffing, Jack released her wrist and turned his back, running fast hands over his hair.

“I am not with the Court of Miracles. This,” she waved a hand that seemed to blur at the room around them, “is… different. I don’t know what their plan. I’m only here for one thing.”

“And what is that?” Jack snapped in a shaky voice.

“Jack, not in front of the children,” she demurred. She turned to Cedric. “Es-tu heureuse de me voir petit matou?” (Are you happy to see me little tomcat?)”

35li7u1.png

1611478.png

2mo4ih3.png

32znblt.png

jPFQpWD.png

Sara scratched the inside of her ear with a pinky, pulling out a small yellow chunk of wax before casually flicking it through the window out into sea. She didn't once buy that they did not intend harm to her or her crew, the way they described the performance had more red flags than the Tilean Capital Building, and that had a lot of red flags. If they were going to do anything, then they were certainly taking their time. She didn't seem too perturbed by how the door behind them had suddenly disappeared, only shrugging and taking it in stride. She was very, very, bored by all these parlor tricks and the only thing that seemed to break her expression of resigned boredom was the sudden introduction of Adelaide. At the revelation that Jack was a spy, or at least a former one, Sara's eyebrows raised but otherwise said nothing. Was that what he was so down about, back at that beach? She made a mental note to at least follow up on that. Or at least, she intended, until Adelaide introduced herself fully.

Almost immediately, she covered her mouth and turned away, trying to stifle her laughter at her nickname. "Hey, Alicia." Sara grinned and leaned in close to covertly whisper in her ear. "Looks like there is a worse nickname than Maiden of Misery. 'The Windy She-Devil', what was she thinking?". Sara pulled away, still grinning, as she observed the following events.

Reactions: SilentxChaos