11ce6hj.jpg

Luro reached back for his rifle only to stop as one of the men yelled and the men started running away, he blinked a few times looking behind him expecting some huge monster to be rising up to make the men run like that. Finding nothing but another ship he turned back around and scratched his cheek lowering his hand from his gun. His shoulders drooped slightly and he shoved his hands in the pockets of his pants, with a small sigh he kicked a pebble on the deck hanging his head slightly.
"....boo I wanted to maim and destroy...never get to have fun anymore," Luro said with a heavy sigh.
Luro was considering how to destroy the ship in a fun way since all the prisoners seemed freed and he had a little bit of free time.
He was pulled from his thoughts however as a familiar voice reached his ears, turning he drew his gun only for his gaze to rest on Saffron, arching a brow he rested his rifle on his shoulder trying to recall where exactly he knew her.
"...where do I...oh it's goggles!" Luro said pointing at her. "Wait no...that's not her name...ah what was it...I asked Ozz...it had something do with a flower, yeah she said Saffron flower...hmmm I can't remember it, I'll just call her Saff."

His gaze moved to the ships as she brought up Yula Fei of all things, staring at them for a moment his eyes widened as he realized what exactly that meant. The Tashigi's were probably involved with this whole thing, and if the Tashigi's were involved that meant Tashigi's would be here that logic was some fancy word Kadi would know, probably starts with an I and ends with an E knowing him. When Saffron brought up Kane’Artem Luro brought a hand to his chin, even he knew what that place was, it was a prison....that was about all he knew but if they were gathering so many people it was probably a big prison.
"Hehe...starting to think like Kadi," Luro said grinning.
Luro raised his fist with a hearty 'aye!' at breaking into the prison, he wasn't used to breaking into jail but it was a new experience and he wasn't going to pass that up, besides he might run into the Tashigi's during.

Luro was stepping onto the other ship as Saffron ran past, he smiled at her as she made her way onto the ship, she was always moving someplace, he wondered if she ever took the time to just relax and stare up at the sky.
Stepping onto the ship he started looking around for anyone he might know, though one found him before he got very far, hearing his name he turned only to feel someone's arms around him. He blinked a few times before realizing who exactly it was, with a grin he happily returned the hug a hearty laugh escaping from him.
"Kadi! You've never been so happy to see me before! It's so good to see ya! I knew you were still alive somewhere, I've missed you and your confusing logic. I could have used your navigation, I got stranded like eight times on my own."

Two Years Ago
"Hello again!"
Luro put again against the forehead of the ship's captain, his crew raised their hands recognizing the redhead from the last time this had happened. Granted he hoped he didn't make off with their ship, all their rum and their clothes because they were fancy.
It was hard to explain how they lost an entire ship to one man who was yelling at imaginary people. Now that they thought about it didn't this happen literally two months ago
"Captain...we gotta stop picking up strangers, we got the banana guy again."
"I didn't know it was him," the captain said tears stinging his eyes. "You're not going to mutiny this time?"
"Nah it's rude to mutiny twice, I'm just going to steal all your stuff and leave you naked again. You got any rum?"
"...it's in the same place as last time," the captain said lowering his head.
"Great!"
Present

Luro grinned at Kadi before his eyes landed on Ray, moving over to the man he reached forward and threw an ar, around around his shoulder pulling him close as he pat his chest.
"I see you Ray! I figured you of all people would find some way to swim even with your power stuff, knowing your luck you washed up on a beach with a bunch of mermaids right, made you their king and you settled for a bit but eventually had to leave cause you could hear the anguish of all the lasses that would miss you roaming the world right? Also could you explain what a mermaid is since you've met one? I like your new look very rugged."
Luro poked Ray's chest raising his eyebrows repeatedly at the man before another familiar voice reached his ears, he looked over knowing that calm tone anywhere. Releasing Ray he looked over to see Alicia and his head tilted slightly at the swordswoman change, Ray had changed too but with Alicia Luro always looked at the same thing, how strong she was.
"Alicia!" Luro exclaimed throwing his arms open. "Don't move."

With a small smile he adjusted his gun on his back and leaning down place his hands on the desk of the ship, he lowered his body and brought one leg back as he raised onto the tips of his fingers getting into a running stance. Luro sprinted forward at almost inhuman speeds the wind blowing behind him as he sprinted forward, it even seemed like a blue gale exploded from behind him as he rushed at Alicia. The moment he got close to Alicia he wrapped his arms around her waist from behind and lifting her into the air, spun her around as he continued to slide forward along the deck, laughing as he spun around with her.
"Gahahahahaha! I missed ya Alicia! It's been too long!"
When he finally came to a stop he released her and held his hands up laughing before resting his hands on his hips, he took a deep breath in as he brought a hand to his chin giving a firm nod as he eyed her.
"You've gotten stronger, I can tell in your stance, that or you've been practicing. I'd expect no less from you. You're the pinnacle of manliness Alicia, you're gonna surpass Ray if you keep this up. So you're leading this force, where's the captain at and why aren't you handing out rum? I got two years of affection building up for her and a thirst that can drown the ocean."
Luro grinned at this before looking around for Runali and Ben, he didn't see them anywhere so he figured they were off doing important stuff.
"Yeah where's Ben and the Captain, I'm sure Ben will shoot me when she get's a hug but she can treat it aftewards so no big deal."

Last edited:
In the end, her surrender of the bridge was redundant. Simon’s first lieutenant had finally showed his sorry face, and only to cowardly retreat into the safety of the nearby town. Truly, it was not her business, however, with the ship and its crew not being hers, but her goal of stopping further bloodshed seemed to have been achieved regardless. Although it mattered little, as what little of the ship’s crew scattered around her, the enemy’s victory speech brought consolation that she had tried to surrender to a nation state and not directly to pirates. Soon, it was only her on the bridge; having sent away the steward, only Elise stayed to meet the victorious attacking force. She would not run away; with the ship still fully intact and with her peers fleeing, there was no higher disgrace than to simply leave it be while the victors seized control.

So she wasn’t surprised when she was finally approached on the quarterdeck. “I daresay I’m not.” Watching the goggled woman as she approached her, she held her sheathed sword with the hilt outwards in a non-threatening manner. Elise found herself slightly at a loss as the pirate circled around her; it was her full intention to introduce herself and surrender her sword, but the girl honestly provided her little opening to do so. She sighed as Saff finally ended her torrent of words. “I know it well and I know the way,” she conceded. Although she loathed the thought of actively helping pirates, Elise had her own agenda and feelings towards Kane’Artem that ended up prevailing. “But right now, as the ranking officer aboard, while it is not mine, I'm formally surrendering the ship… Although it looks like you’ve done a great job in securing it already.” She sighed introducing herself, “Commander Elise Forsyth. Who might I be surrendering to?” She presented the weapon to her; to hell with it, she was doing this by textbook.

Regardless if it was accepted or not, Elise dropped the formalities immediately after. “I’ll cooperate. Kane’Artem is a prison that should never have been built.” She nodded at the group’s navigator as she approached. “If you have friends in there, I won’t interfere. I never liked that place anyway.”

Last edited:
2my43ya.jpg

<~~~<★>~~~>

Upon bended knee was the immense blonde woman, dipping her hands repeatedly into the cool blue-green waters, eyes cast towards the horizon where the wild sky met the placid sea. Scrubbing hard now, she was attempting to wash away more than merely the drying blood and other bits of gore upon her bare, muscular and scarred arms.

To her immediate left upon the worn plank of the pier lay her beloved hat and dark overcoat, set to dry. And on her right, hung over the edge of the pier was her grey button up blouse. Stormy grey hued eyes just could not help but catch the glint of sunshine reflecting off of one of those mismatching buttons. And riding upon that glint were memories that brought her back to happier times when she and her crew were all together. But those memories were made of a torn, bittersweet and faded yellow that seared her mind's eye and pierced her heart that much more. And so the well of emotion it brought with it smashed into her will like a tsunami landing ashore. A proud chin lowed with a powerful heaviness as her eyes immediately looked away from the shining bright Navy button. That button...

Oh, but it was Addy's button from when they first let her become part of the Navy crew. How could she ever forget? She never would; the charming silvery bells Dani always wore would remain out of sight and forgotten, tucked away for good. But his voice. She could still hear it: 'Kill the bells, Bells...' A quick flick of a chin brought dripping wet blonde tendrils to shroud her face. Not a soul would be allowed even a glimpse of an unfamiliar frown and full lipped pout made of nothing but heartache, humiliation and shame.

"Moi... moi, je..." she stammered softly, "I did it, me. I killed him. I murdered Addy..."

And with that admission spoken aloud, escaping into the rush of a sea breeze, the soft sobs overtook her and she shuddered with each breath. The bitter tears she tried so dearly to repress, betrayed her clenched closed eyes and ran rivers down her cheeks. Crewless now and Captain no longer, she needed some form of hope; an inspiration to go on. For as of now...? She was lost, adrift upon choking waters of loneliness and self-pity.

Multiple curious eyes, some perverted, some disdainful watched as the giantess of a women hugged her own half naked frame. It was only a shameless brassiere she wore on top now, showing off the scars, markings and tattoos of her muscular body as it quivered with her gentle and quiet sobs. Her smoky sounding voice cracked and hitched as she spoke softly into the air hoping beyond hope her words would reach dear yet unhearing ears.

"Addy... I'm soooo sorry... je suis desolee... et Shannon... qu'est ce qu'elle va dire? Oh Shannon... o mon couer et a tout le monde... crew, I am sooooo sorry...!"

Dani quickly reached over and grabbed her drying blouse hanging of the edge of the pier and smothered it hastily into her face. Oh, but she had to stop crying. She just had to! Oh, how she wished she could hear a laugh, a chuckle, or even just a little scoff. Something-- anything to set Dani off and give such a proper and brutal physicality of a response. Ms. Dani Bay wished for anyone to just give her a reason to scream at the top of her lungs and pummel and rend limb from limb the giver of such a mocking sound.

Just do it!! I dare you to try and give me a single reason to not go on and just murder you all!! I dare you to deny me of my sorrow--

“LISTEN UP!”

And so someone actually dared to deny Dani of her sorrow. The crowd went silent, but the humongous blonde was going deaf by the pounding of blood in her ears. It was the voice of violence to Dani. There was pain to be brought to those around her; pain dripping with red rage.

“Now ya may not know who I am- or who Yula Fei is.”

But something about the voice of this speaker.... her voice was draining away the anger, silencing the violence.

“But we just saved your lives! And as you know, the Navy’s been crackin’ down on roundin’ us pirates up and takin’ us to Kane’Artem!"

Dani dropped the cloth from her face and gasped. She knew that voice... It was her. It was the one she sought.

"That hell hole has some of our crews, some of our families! And as insane as it is, we’re going ta go get them back. True pirates are pirates till the end and damnit, no one leaves their crew behind!"

There she stood, grandstanding, yet commanding all pirate within earshot of her. Saffron Lagarde, the one that saved Dani's life. No one leaves their crew behind...

"Obviously, we’ll need all the help we can get! And if that didn't motivate ya...well, you kinda owe us anyway. So! If you’re willing ta risk your lives as all pirates do, I suggest ya get on one of these Yula Fei ships!"

Slowy yet steadily Dani rose to all six foot, five inches, towering over most others as she laid eyes upon the goggle wearing First Mate of the Cutthroats. Pupils dilated wide now, the storms in Dani's eyes vanished and a new light glinted from the steely blue hued circlets. White teeth bit gently at a lower lip as Ms. Dani stared at Ms. Saffron Lagarde.

And so there she was. The one that dared denied Dani of her sorrow...

...and gave her hope to go on.

<~~~<★>~~~>

And so with both hands did Dani hastily clean away denied sorrow from her eyes and face as the crowd of pirates cheered around her. When she was finished, she brandished her charming silvery bells and donned them once more. While doing so, she gave quick scan of the faces surrounding her. Most of the ones that had unsettled looks she could sympathize with. She even recognized some of them. These were the proud ones brought down low. Just like Ms. Dani herself, they too were captains once upon a time and now here they were:

Cannon fodder for the forces of the Yula Fei nation, and servants to the almighty Cutthroats.

...and that was quite okay with Dani. There was no smile upon her full pink lips as she gathered her clothes and satchel, but the storms within her eyes remained cleared and steely blue hues still shone within. She would pay Saffron back for saving her life earlier by taking such a suicidal trip, sailing against the famed prison. For in allowing Dani a chance to pay off her debt, Ms. Saffron had also re-invigorated Dani with her words of hope, affirmation, and opportunity.

There were those trapped within that infernal durance that she knew. And once freed from Kane'Artum, they too would be unified in mind and motivation to aid Dani in her endgame plan.

Before marching up the gangplank and on board a Yula Fei ship, Dani turned to Saffron and saluted the Cutthroat with a 'Burning Crew salute; a lone right hand clutching at where her heart lay beating underneath. The bells at her neck and wrists sounded out their charming little jingles and jangles as Dani gave her salute and added a quick nod at the goggle wearing pirate.

"Ahoy, Ms. Saffron...! Allow me to thank you personally for rescue and restitution. Oui! You have full hands and full heart of Ms. Dani Bay Sealion. Et bien! The debt to you will, no doubt, be repaid, thank you. Merci beaucoup!"

Another nod, then Dani turned her cheek and, instead of boarding the Yula Fei ship, she now marched on up the gangplank connecting shore to the undamaged Navy ship of which Saffron had shown the larger pirate. It really was unfolding. There really was a chance to make it happen; hope to free others of their curse.

Dani had heard that a certain vessel was being rebuilt and recommissioned. More fortified and more dangerous than ever. And it was part and parcel of Dani Bay's endgame plan to see said vessel. For that certain vessel was going to taste sea water once more soon enough and Ms. Dani was going to be there when that vessel made its maiden voyage.

There was no smile upon her face as she uplifted her chin whilst marching on board the somewhat familiar feeling deck of the Navy ship. No, it was just a smirk. A killer smirk coupled with eyes bright and shiny as a Navy button. That button...

She was going find the newly reborn Navy gunship vessel upon which she had first served. And she was going to capture it. That's right. Ms. Dani Bay Sealion was going to take from the Navy the powerhouse known as The Sea Monarch II.

"Yo ho... a pirates life for me..." her smoky sounding voice sung softly yet ominously into the air.

<~~~<★>~~~>

Last edited:
Onboard the Yula Fei Warship

hrd6vo.jpg

The warm flooding Hana’s body moments ago turned ice cold when Alicia disappeared from sight. The girl trembled in the stillness left in her mentor’s wake, fighting against the panic rising steadily in her chest. Her nervousness escalated to new heights and her earlier resolve disintegrated. Hana’s feet took two shaky steps forward before she broke into a run. Initially, she could still hear the shouting coming from the Yula Fei soldiers preparing to follow after Alicia, but soon a curious ringing sound alternating between each booming beat of her heart rendered her completely deaf to her surroundings.

Before long, the apprentice found herself on bowsprit not fully comprehending what she was seeing. Instead of fleeing at the impending danger, Hana stood there admiring the deadly silvery gleam of her mentor's black blade as Alicia changed her stance. Things were only starting to click when a pair of strong hands yanked her back onto the ship in the nick of time.

They barely hit the wooden floor of the deck when Alicia unleashed her Unmei No Saigo No Shudan. Dr. Egami lay beside the stunned girl with his arm placed over her protectively as the shockwaves washed over them in quick succession. Being so close to the epicenter, the two of them felt the wind rippling through their hair and flattening the clothes against their back.

As the aftershock finally subsided, the doctor pulled himself up and sat crossed legged on the deck, fixing the Tashigi apprentice with his most piercing glare. “Today, you showed me that you aren’t ready.” His calm voice barely masked the disappointment and anger lurking beneath. “If you don’t learn to control your emotions, I suggest you return to the dojo. Your presence will only cause Lady Tashigi unnecessary worry.”

“I’m sorry,” Hana murmured, as she looked away. She could feel her cheeks growing warmer. Her impulsiveness reflected badly on both her mentors and she dreaded them finding out after this. Already, she could imagine the look of disappointment on her Alicia’s face and that left a bitter taste in her mouth. Hana’s head sank lower. “I’ll do better.”

“Better may not be enough.” Dr. Egami told her. “I shall speak to Lady Tashigi after the battle. For now, I suggest you get ready.” He stood up and noted the look of confusion crossing the girl’s face. The helplessness reflected soften his heart slightly but not enough to make him forgive the earlier misdeed. “We are heading into the battlefield after the first wave of soldiers clear most of the enemies,” he briefed the teen. “You will be my look out.”

“Yes.” Hana responded in a very quiet voice. She remained sitting on the ground awhile longer, breathing in and out meditatively in an attempt to calm her distraught mind and aching heart. On any other day in the dojo, she would have disappeared into a room and cried in private, but today was different. She needed to set this problem aside and carry on. Or, at the very least, try not think about it until after the battle was over.

“Are you coming?” Dr. Egami asked as he turned around to look at the girl. As much as he could sympathize with the young apprentice, he couldn’t help feeling exasperated. Hana was wasting precious time. Those few minutes could mean life or death for the injured out there – a consequence that the teen didn’t seem to realize. “You can stay on the ship if you want. I’m sure there are others willing to accompany me.”

Hana glanced up with a start before shaking her head in protest. “No, I’m coming too.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Battle Aftermath

Hana swallowed and looked out into the sea again. Slowly, her eyes drifted up towards the unchanging blue heavens. Whether they won or lost, the sky would remained the same blue white with lazy clouds stretching thinner and thinner into the horizon. The tips of the clouds closest to the edge began darkening rapidly, announcing the approaching storm. As beautiful as the sky was, the girl felt empty despite the cheers from the crowds gathered around the ships. Steeling herself, Hana turned around to check on Dr. Egami but quickly regretted her decision. The sight of the bloody stump made her gag.

The girl turned away quickly and dropped into a low crouch. She cupped her hands over her nose and mouth, as she started gagging. She tried to forget the man with the dismembered hand groaning on the sand behind her. Despite all her efforts, the memory was branded into her memory along with the nauseating smell of blood. As she removed her hands from her face, Hana couldn't help thanking her lucky stars that they only found this man as they were heading back. All the other injuries had been relatively minor compared to this ensign's.

"Let's head back," the doctor commanded, as he threw the injured man's arm over his neck. He bobbed his head to the side twice to indicate that his charge ought to do the same.

Hana scrunched up her nose in disgust at the thought of getting blood all over her clothes, but orders were orders. The girl grabbed the ensign's other arm reluctantly and threw it over her shoulders. Steadily, the three of them hobbled back towards the pier where other prisoners of war - about twenty of them - remained awaiting their fate.

"I believe Lady Tashigi is looking for you," Dr. Egami observed, as a messenger sprinted towards them. "You better go."

"But..." Hana's eyes drifted towards the man's pale face.

"I will get the messenger to help me."

Nodding jerkily, Hana thanked the doctor and took her leave, running quickly towards the ships. She wove her way through the dispersing crowd until she found a familiar silouhette. Smiling brightly, Hana threw her arms around Alicia's waist and hugged her mentor tightly.

"I'm glad you're okay," she murmured.

Hana's smile faded away, though, after she pulled away. Guilt began bubbling up inside her again when she caught a glimpse of the bowsprit behind Alicia. The girl realized that she ought to tell Alicia what happened earlier, but she couldn't bring herself to do so. Not with so many people around. "Can we talk later?" she whispered. "I want to tell you something."

Last edited:
“Luro Makachi, you ludicrous, larcenous, lethal, yet lovable lush.” Ray laughed. “Lords of Lendria I missed you. He turned to address all the Stardusk pirates, eyes and voice full of emotion. “I missed you all.” Coughing, he fought to regain his composure, though still smiling. My crew, my friends, my... family: we're all back together, except for.... “The Captain.... She's at Kane'Artum? Then let's not waste time.” However, his train of determined thought was interrupted by the appearance of a veritable Amazon of a woman. I may not like Cerania, but, Lords, their language spoken by a woman.... Ray nudged Luro in the ribs, muttering, “And you thought Alicia was 'manly'...” before letting a low whistle of amazement.

et5w5v.jpg

It was good to see that her plan was at least okay. It was even better to see that some of the prisoners decided that they’d risk their lives to help other pirates- or at least gain some fame in a suicide mission. She recognized one response from a woman she had saved earlier before and before Dani could get to the Yula Fei ship, Saff redirected her to the Navy ship where everyone began to gather. “Thank you in kind. Dani Bay Sealion? That’s a nice name, one I’ll most definitely want to investigate.” To the older woman, a name held many secrets and stories. It was one of the most valuable parts of a person and so, Saffron Lagarde made it her mission to know as many as she could in order to learn those untold tales. She was much smaller than Dani, but that didn’t stop Saff from happily saluting her in return and intertwining their arms so she was amidst the forming group.

“Wonderful, so the plan is set. And as a bonus, it’s easy ta follow. We sneak in, we find the ones we gotta find, and we get the hell outta there.” Of course, this mission was going to be a thousand times more difficult than what she said, but everyone knew that already. There was no need to continuously spread doom and gloom and cause people to chicken out.

“Oooh, I like this one.” Saff grinned when Elise was finally able to introduce herself amongst the ramble of people. It was one thing that Elise decided to aid them without a fight, but it was entirely different when even she admitted her dislike to the prison as well. Saff never heard of navy crew not liking that prison. “Much appreciated lass. Makes things a tad easier for us. Heh, the sympathy is nice too. Elise Forsyth. A name I’ll keep ta heart.”

As soon as Alicia gave the okay, Saff nodded and politely gestured Elise to the wheel. The sword she had picked up was absentmindedly dropped now that she didn’t need it. “Time ta get movin!” Her call caused cheers from the pirates on the navy ship and some of the soldiers on the Yula Fei ships.

Before she trailed after their new Navy navigator, Saffron decided to go around getting names of their fellow troops. Partially, she wanted to have a way to honor them should anything go awry but mostly, she wanted to see if she could dig up information about them in her backpack. If not, they would definitely be noted for later.

stunning-california-sunset-1.jpg

Four days

“The offer still stands Elise! Ya could join us in takin’ on that prison! Help us bring it crumbling to its knees as we take those we lost!”

The first day was filled with rehashing the plan over and over, but that was hard to do when no one quite knew what they were looking forward to. It was a little solemn, but still very motivated. The second and third day was much more lighthearted. Stories were shared and tales were told. It was an overall calm and positive feeling that was shared amongst the pirates. Saff even had her suspicions that their captured navy woman, Elise was much more relaxed than when she was first threatened. It was better to live in the moment, than dread the upcoming day before them. Some of them even believed that with this being their final moments, it was better to be happy when they went out with a bang.

There were families captured.

Friends imprisoned.

These pirates were determined.

“That’s a fine song Raymond. You should teach it to the girls when you guys visit again!” Being the busy body Saff was, she managed to talk to everyone whether it was full conversation or playful quip. “I don’t see how ya don’t consider yourself a princess Tashigi. Unless queen’s more suitable. Then I can make the adjustment.”

“Uh, Miss Saff,” A pirate, still rather intimidated by her position of power over him, spoke up. “Didn’t you mention something about the Navy stuff below deck? Maps and all?” And that was how they managed to occupy the woman’s attention for most of the third day.

tumblr_mlvsf2lsYy1s9lawwo1_500.gif

Present: Location: Approaching Kane’Artem

And then the fourth day arrived.

The sky clouded over and a heavy fog rolled in as if warning the pirates that it was best to turn away and never look back. But the ships pressed on, with the Yula Fei ships hanging back and staying hidden amongst the fog. To preserve the Yula Fei name and in hopes to lessen the possibility of war, the Yula Fei ships took down their flags, continuing their discretion. They were the backup and the escape. If those ships were compromised, they’d all be trapped.

As the navy ship got closer, Kane’Artem came into view. The crescent island only allowed one way in and one way out. Encompassing most of the island was the towering dull grey building that stood menacingly, intimidating all who dared to go any further. The building had a sparse amount of windows, though all too high for the jump to be considered safe. All who dared were more likely to die than receive a few broken bones. The very top of the prison was hidden amongst the fogs, but by the looks of it, there had to be over 50 stories of guarded fortress in front of them and the Stardusk captain, the Cutthroats navigator, and anyone else currently being hunted could have been on any floor.

“I’m gonna need a helluva lot of rum after this trip.” Saff turned to the others as they headed below deck, planning to play the role of prisoner. “Alright. This is gonna be the dangerous part. As much as I don’t like being stripped of weapons- well, obviously all the weapons must go. Leave ‘em on deck with the our ‘navy’ crew.” Some of the pirates sported stolen navy uniforms, playing it quite calm in order to be believable. Saff would have been apart of this group, but considering she was too well known, it would have been a dead giveaway and their plan would be ruined. The plan for the pirates dressed as navy soldiers was to guide them in and once far enough, redistribute the weapons to the prisoners. With a heavy sigh, Saffron slid her goggles down and rested the heavy cuffs on her wrists. Before they had gotten close, Saff and some of the others put their valuables on the Yula Fei ships, not wanting it to be lost in battle. The lack of a backpack on her shoulders made her a lot more light on her toes, as if the bag was anchoring her down. With the cuffs, it only made her antsy to break free of them. To a navy soldier, Saff looked worried but to the pirates around her, they planned to move out of her way as soon as they could.

There were uneasy noises, but as planned, the ‘prisoners’ dropped their weapons on deck and rushed below so it appeared they were being escorted out. “This is it guys…”

Some still lacked trust that Elise wouldn’t rat them out, so one of the pirates, specifically one dressed as a higher ranked officer, spoke. “We’re coming from… Norlake City, on Helmore Island. Our communicators were busted when we captured these pirates. We couldn’t contact you ahead of time...sir.” The pirate gulped and refrained from shaking at the amount of pressure he put on himself.

The two navy men standing patrol at a small tower, simply nodded and directed the ship forward, the heavy gates beginning to open. They weren’t the most interested in stories as it grew late in the day. “Must’ve been a rowdy bunch. That’s the fifth ship that’s been wrecked by these godawful pirates.”

“At least the job is getting done. Just go on ahead. There will be guards to assist tossing them into cells.”

Last edited:
250ruac.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Now: Location: Kane’Artem: 23rd story[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Two Years Ago[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]”We’ve got a good catch today! Looks like we’ll have enough to feed the town- holy hell!”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Jamison I know I joke about you never reeling in a girl- but I didn’t mean it literally!” [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Is she dead?!”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“How am I supposed to know! Hurry and bring her aboard.” [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Through hell and highwater, Runali managed to drift on a piece of the Coral Pearl until she was fished out of sea by tradesmen who were travelling to a port town. When she finally managed to awaken, she learned that her voice had been lost to the sea. Flashes of her screaming as her crew, her newfound family, was separated made her shudder. The two fisherman took care of her though. Slowly, she gained her physical strength, being able to move about and eat. And then she gained her livelihood. Runali was able to tell her tales of struggle and hardships to the two men who rescued her. At first they thought the saltwater got to her head and she finally cracked, but the life in her one eye and the ripped flag on her wrist was evident enough for them to realize she wasn’t. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“I have to find them. They’re still out there I know it. Those guys were stronger than me. They could easily handle the ocean!” [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The fishermen sympathized enough to let her take their boat when they finally reached their destination. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Four months, she sailed in search of her crew, with only her tattoo and a torn part of her Stardusk flag to her name. When she finally managed to find a lead on one of her crewmates, she ran right into trouble- quite literally on what she thought was a seemingly deserted island.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Fighting a few navy ensigns was easy. Fighting a whole fleet? In lighter terms, Runali wasn’t taken to Kane’Artem without a fight.[/BCOLOR]

~~~~~

[BCOLOR=transparent]Months passed and Runali never stopped pacing back and forth wondering how she would escape imprisonment. There was no way in hell she was going to be stuck there while her friends were probably brushing themselves off and looking for their captain.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] A year passed and while her pacing slowed, her motivation to escape never ceased. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Then two years passed. The hope in her only eye dimmed for herself, but hope that her friends were still alive never faded. She could have sworn she was losing her mind at one point until she got a new ‘cell neighbor’. Cecilia, the one that lived across from her was fairly quiet company most times, but talking to someone other than the walls was helping remind the captain that she was still alive. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Somewhere in the time that Runali was there, there was also a new overseer. There were rumors that the last one pissed off the wrong prisoner and managed to get killed, a rumor that would later be proven true. There was one particular and rather feisty navigator who didn’t like being manhandled. She couldn’t care less though, the last overseer did nothing but torture the prisoners, skipping out on some of their already grimy meals or abusing them for the fun of it. He even stole her eyepatch, which obviously was just rude in general. But this was Kane’Artem and it didn’t matter what any of the guards did to the prisoners, they were all on death row anyway. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A few times, she had actually spoken to the new overseer, Aidan, she found out his name was. He didn’t seem like the absolute worse, and like Runali, it didn’t sound like he really wanted to be in the prison either. “Being blind in one eye is a real pain as it is. Listen, can you at least get me another eyepatch? I’d much rather see nothing out of one eye than the weird cloudy fuzz I’m getting now.” For her sanity if she still had it, Runali would occasionally bargain with Aidan whether it was for a new eyepatch or even loosening the chains that kept her bound inside because they were uncomfortably tight. Once she even asked to borrow a knife, but she swore it was only to cut her hair because it was getting too long (which was true). She never expected anything to actually go her way, but talking to others prevented her from dying of utter boredom- and also insanity. Admittedly, it was also interesting to see this new overseer’s expressions with everything she would request. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Ya know Cecilia… If we ever get out of here...You should join my crew.” The seastone chains that every prisoner wore, prevented Runali from getting too close to the bars, so she laid on the cold ground in attempts to get comfortable. “I mean, you don’t have any crew. I’m guessing there’s not much for you to go back to… Whaddya say?” She heard footsteps of their familiar overseer, probably coming to tell them that it was lights out. “He can join too. He’s very good at that...scary look. Reminds me of a bodyguard I once had.” She sighed and looked at the fabric tied tightly to her wrist.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
Golden%20Era%20KaneArtum%20Chap%201.png
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Read: Start of This Chapter l From the Beginning[/BCOLOR]​

Last edited:
2f0ey3p.jpg
[BCOLOR=#000000]4 Months & 3 Days Ago:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]A cold breeze fills the cell block with a hollow whisper, dripping water the only thing breaking the silence until this day, loud footsteps echo against the stone floor. In front of her cell, a figure with his arms pressed behind his back stands in front of Belen's cell. Its the Cell blocks overseer. Up until this point he hasn't been particularly harsh or kind with the prisoners. "Belen, correct?" Whats strange is he isn't surrounded with more guards as they usually have[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Amidst the scorch marked walls sat a woman with her hands and feet bound by the thickest seastone chains the prison had. Sweat beaded her brow and her breath came in rapid pants thanks to her earlier tantrum. "Depends," the prisoner replied saucily. "I'll tell you my name if you promise to kiss me."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"So I can melt that pretty face off," she added silently despite the flirtatious smile now gracing her pretty face.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Belen shook her head, allowing her thick curls to bounce in such a way that it laid bare her more amorous intentions. She batted her long lashes coyly while she adjusted her legs so that her skirt rode up her thigh even more. "You're such a handsome man," she purred. It wasn't exactly a lie, Belen admitted subconciously. She always had a thing for men with dark eyes and raven hair. "For you, I'll be a good girl."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Her generously lips were left parted in a very enticing manner. "I'll be such a good girl for you. I'll make every fantasy of yours come true."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Aidan's gaze did not falter. He looked at her with what appeared to be a mix of apathy & disdain. "Cuthroat Belen it is then..." He confirmed to himself. He pulled his hand from behind his back and placed a key into the cell door, opening it before hiding it behind him once more. "I'm afraid your powers won't be doing much good anymore. Would you do me the kindness of cooperating while I escort you to your new cell?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"That's not a very flattering name," Belen teased before laughing cheerily. Just from their short exchange, she could tell that this man was a tough one. Powerful even if no one was flanking him. Still, she wasn't keen to drop the act just yet. A few laughs here and there was the only glimmer of positivity in this dank hell hole. "Buuuuut alright. Just for you, I'll follow meekly."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]True to her word, the navigator didn't move a muscle as the door to her cell was unlocked. She merely flashed the man an even brighter smile. "I bet you'll look even better when you smile," she complimented. "You look like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders, Mr - oh, what did you say your name was?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Even without taking her eyes from the officer's face, she noticed Cecila huddled near the door of the cell in the opposite row. Also, judging by the absence of Runali's shuffling, she suspected her old friend was also listening in on her conversation. Hell, it seemed like everyone was listening too. The silence struck Belen as very unnatural; almost reminescent of the place Saff dragged her to once, a library - was it?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Hmm" was Aidan's only response to her continuing attempt at flattery, he walked over and leaned down, undoing the chains around her ankles. "Aidan", he said, continuing to glare at her as the ankle chains came off and clattered to the floor. "Are you able to stand up?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"We are making progress," Belen said enthusiastically. "At least, now I know your name too."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Belen wiggled her toes experimentally, but she couldn't feel a thing. If she remembered rightly, her legs more or less gave way earlier and went straight to sleep. It would be at least another hour before she was capable of even running. "Oh," she exclaimed suddenly realizing why no one stopped her earlier. They were probably waiting for her to tire herself out like a petulant child. Shaking her head with a sigh, Belen tilted her head up and looked at Aidan. "I bet you know the answer, don't you?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]She chuckled. "My legs are next to useless right now. A hand up perhaps?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Aidan stood up, still glaring at her, he slipped an arm beneath hers and hauled her up. "Better now?" He kept his hand on her shoulder with a light touch, "How is it that there are new burn marks in your cell?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"You're kinder than you look," Belen observed. "Firm too. You have very strong hands, the sort women love holding. Your fiancée or wife is a lucky woman."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]The woman staggered slightly with her first step. Thankfully, Aidan's hand helped kept her from ending up an embarrassing heap on the floor. It was a small gesture, but the proud Belen appreciated it immensely. "As to your second question," she paused to turn around and glare at someone. "Some of your subordinates have much to learn."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Her shoulders tensed visibly, as she bristled at the memory of the incident that sparked her rage. "Tell them that respect begets more respect. And," she added between gritted teeth. "I won't hesitate to turn them to cinders if they ill-treat those under their care."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Dropping her voice even more, she whispered. "Aidan, we're human too. Some of the others are old and frail - they don't deserve to be treated like dogs."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]He didn't reply to her statement about his kindness, whether it was because he didn't care about what she said or because he had no words remained to be seen.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"My subordinates will be reprimanded according to when I deem it necessary...."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]"You're making too much presumption on the situation if the life you're living now is one you see as one where mutual respect is required. You're a danger to those around you, hence why I am escorting you myself, it would be better for the both of us if you do not see this for more than what it is..."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]He lowered his head as he kept his hand on her shoulder and waited as she regained her steps and began to guide her forward to where he needed to take her. Listening to her whisper he paused for a moment, "Hmm..." His hand tensed & relaxed. "It takes a certain sort of people to become pirates, committing crimes is one thing, but to take up the title of pirates, knowing full well what they are, that's not without its consequence, hence your current predicament"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Hmmm," Belen mimicked, as she tried to keep up with his pace. She would be lying if she said that his words didn't tick her off but, given her "current predicament" as Aidan called it, she decided to tone done the sass. "You sound like you think you know everything," she pointed out. "You yourself are assuming we chose our lot in life. Maybe you chose yours but not everyone is as lucky."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Laughing wryly, Belen couldn't help adding, "Would you have thought better of me if I were a battered prostituted or a strangled wife of a violent drunk?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Pirates have been known to batter prostitutes & strangle their wives, that's not a very good argument, many people in here would happily kill women & children & old people. I'm not too aware of why leniency & respect is something to be expected... Maybe you're not as quitte as bad as they, but you are incredibly violent & attempt to control others through temptation or kill them with your devil fruit powers." They begun to travel into a hall that had widened up, a single window covered in seastone bars allowed light in the path in front of them.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"The old overseer was scum if that's any consolation, but that doesn't change anything." He gripped her shoulder and as they came under the light of the window he held her in place.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"So... if you're going to try to escape, I'd prefer you do so now, I'd be pretty agitated if you attempt to do so once we're on the ramp" His voice was low & expectant.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]"There is one thing I like," the prisoner stated, watching her captor tense up. "It's to prove you wrong."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]She gave him a sly wink. "I heard everything you said and I take what I can get. Plus," she emphasized the last word. "I know you need to come see me often. If we can't be bed fellows, at least we can be civil. There can be plans another time.... escape isn't the only thing on my mind, you know."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Shruggly lightly, Belen began humming the tune of the first sea shanty that came to mind. The quiet defiance was definitely more satisfying than being a walking target for whatever Aidan had planned. He certainly didn't sound like he wanted to have sex.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Aidan let out a slight chuckle & sighed. "Unfortunately, I'd have to say you're not my type."[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#000000]He pressed against her shoulder to keep her moving. He didn't say much else as they walked another 15 mins until they arrived through an archway, to a ramp in front of them led to a cell suspended above water...[/BCOLOR]

Collab: Cross and Blu

2f0ey3p.jpg

250ruac.jpg

4 Months Ago:

The halls echoed quietly as a gentle breeze traveled through the cell block, only the sound of dripping sea water breaking the long periods of emptiness. Through it all, the clash of jackboots against the hard stone floor foretold someone coming into the cell block, a single person.

Aidan sighed as he passed through more & more prisoner cells.
Ugh, I hate it here, the smell is disgusting... the staff are idiots. Pirates are scum. Its cold in here...

Only recently he was promoted to overseer of this cell block following the death of the previous overseer, the Warden insisted on calling it a promotion, a non-refusable promotion at that. Aidan only accepted on the basis he was allowed to run it & the staff as he wanted. To no surprised, the warden accepted since it seemed he cared pretty little how things were run on the ground.

He now stood in front of one particular cell, Captain Runali... one of the less aggressive inmates. "Runali I presume?" He noticed her wounded eye in particular as he took pressed his hands behind his back.

Runali sat in the very center of her cell, testing how far the chains would allow her to go. It was a bit unnecessary, she mentioned every once in awhile, but at least she wasn't dead. Hearing her name, the captain, or ex-captain, pushed her hair out of her face and looked up at the stranger. "Huh. Well you're not the overseer. I don't suppose you're here to save me from this hell hole?" Her head slumped into her hands, mostly out of uninterest, but her gaze stayed on the officer at her cell.

"Unfortunately not, you're where you need to be...& unfortunately, I am your new overseer" Aidan pulled his hand from behind his back and unlocked the door, a loud wheezing noise filled the cell as it moved. He then took something out of his pocket & spun it towards Runali, landing on her lap. It was her eyepatch. He walked over & undid the shackles, "I have some questions for you, it would help me if you cooperate come with me, unless you'd prefer to watch the walls some more" He seemed to speak with a mix of apathy & disdain as he moved into the cell.

Having something thrown at her made her flinch but she brightened a little when she realized what exactly was thrown. "Hey, my eyepatch! I thought you guys threw it away-" Almost immediately, Runali's eyes narrowed as the door began to open. "Of course there's a catch, right? What is with you officers. Probably as bad as the prisoners here." She couldn't really be blamed for being skeptical. The last overseer wasn't exactly the friendliest person around, and from what she heard, he was all about bargaining.

Runali watched the shackles fall before rubbing her wrists. "I understand safety and precaution, but my hands'll fall off with you guys tightening these things." Her brow raised as he spoke again. It didn't sound like he had any malicious intent so she relaxed a bit more, happy to be somewhat free of her restraints. "Questions...sure. Since you gave me my eyepatch back. And a change of scenery would be nice." With a nod, she directed him to lead the way. "What's your name anyway? I don't want to keep calling you 'overseer'."

"...With the officers? Are you really surprised that less-than-ideal personal are working a less-than-ideal position?" He leaned down & placed his hand under her arm & hauled her up, keeping it on her shoulder, he signaled for her to move forward. "Its Aidan" he said with a dry reaction.

"Ye- hey watch it! I can walk." Despite what she said, she realized she had actually been sitting for a bit too long and nearly stumbled forward. Runali simply rolled her eyes and kept moving. "I'm surprised they'd have anyone sane enough to work here. Must mean you're a little off your rocker yorself, hmm Aidan?" She shrugged. "The prisoners don't make it less than ideal, I'd say. I mean, you guys do lock us up like caged animals- minus proper food and sunlight. Honestly, I'm getting paler by the day."

"I didn't choose to be here, but now that I am I'll do what I have to. You'd think that as a prisoner but you've seen very little of this prison yet, not sure how having to work among thieves, killers, rapists, arsonists, scum of scum on the daily would not affect the quality of work. As for the food, the previous guards have been hoarding it for favors." They came to a door which Aidan opened & guided inside, in there was a table, 2 chairs, and a single seastone barred window with sunlight pouring through. "I don't know if you want pity or sympathy but I don't really have much for pirates, please have a seat"

The walk was short, but it gave her a chance to peak at some of her 'neighbors'. Most of them looked rough for wear, while others looked more delusional than she thought could be possible. It made her wonder just how long they had been there, but there was no time to ask. "I may have caused some mischief but most of it was self defense. Probably." The young woman smirked a little and wandered to the window.

"Almost forgot te world wasn't so grey." She muttered more to herself than to the new overseer. She couldn't see much of anything but the ocean, but it was still nice and calming just like when she sailed it. After a few moments, Runali wandered to the seat and sank into it. "Don't worry. I don't need you straining yourself to find any pity for me. Let me live my sad, sad life without it." She couldn't help but smile at her unnecessary dramatics. "Not that you care, but it's nice to not feel like you're going insane every once in awhile. But anyway, whaddya need from me? How can I, the oh so evil pirate be of assistance to you?"

Aidan produced a file and opened it, reading it for a moment, "Captain Runali of the Stardusk pirates... not one of the more violent criminals in here. I wanted to ask you what your experiance in the guards in the past have been, & I want you to tell me what you know about Belen"

Runali had propped her legs on the table to get more comfortable. As Aidan spoke, she closed her eyes, making small comments like "Mhm" or "Aye, true." However, when he mentioned Belen Runali's eyes popped open. "Why? What happened to Belen?" The captain shook her head. "Nothing happened. That girl's not gonna die so easily here. Alcinoe would have her head." Realizing she was talking to herself, she sighed. "Anyway... I don't really think I should be giving you random info on Belen. I like her. But the guards? They're all nasty and spiteful. This prison does that to them."

She set her feet down and leaned forward on the table. "They come in, kinda like you. Poised and 'decent'," She put air quotes around the word, "but all it takes is a few days in here to make them snap. Unless you're tough. Maybe a few weeks." Runali shrugged. "I usually play nice so the guards tolerate me. But don't let them be in a rather bad mood. The prisoners are usually the ones that get the short end of that stick. I don't see why this matters to you though. Trying to play your cards right ad keep safe?"

Aidan simply stared at her, he wasn't falling for this melodrama that seems to fill the minds of everyone trapped here, ever since he's arrived person after person has been set on filling boredom with whatever means they could, both the guards stationed here and the prisoners.

Aidan sat back in his chair, slumped a hand over his mouth as he tried to contemplate what the hell he was just told. He remained this for 5 minutes.

Runali noticed him fall silent and giving her an odd look. In response, she rested her head in her hands. "The guards aren't nice. Geez, didja want me to spell it out for you? It's kinda obvious though." She didn't think she was that confusing. "As for Belen, I don't think I want to give you info."

"No, I understood what you said. I already know what I need to though, so I didn't expect to get much out of you..." He pulled a flask from his coat, "A drink?"

Seeing the flask, Runali sat up. "As tempting as that is, I can't be sure you're not just trying to poison me. I'm living outta spite at this point. With or without an agenda, death isn't taking me that easily." Though, now she was curious. "Why did you want info from me anyway? Couldn't talk to Belen yourself? Or what, she's seduced you or something?" It felt nice to laugh, even if it was for a short while. Still, now she wanted answers from this uncomfortably 'nice' overseer.

Aidan sighed and pulled out a small shot glass, pour a drink out and drank it before pouring another one pushing towards Runali. "I've already spoken to Belen personally, needless to say, shes a very particular character I find most disagreeable and didn't want to deal with her anymore than I needed to." He paused for a moment like he was thinking, "Where did you meet such a person anyway?"

She stared at the shot glass for a brief moment before frowning in defeat and downed the drink. Grant it, that drink was one of the better things she had tasted in months. "Belen's odd, yeah. Disagreeable? Maybe...eccentric? Different? I met her when my crew and I crashed in the Nyiri Desert. Didn't know there were sand currents. But, we got stuck there and long story short, the Cutthroat Pirates are friends now. They have a great crew and little city there. You should tell her I said hi, when you go visiting her again."

AIdan looks visibily stressed at the prospect of ever going to go see Belen again, "I'll be sure to do so next time I do." He signaled for the glass to offer a refill if she'd like. "The Nyiri desert? I've never been there myself, is it a nice place? Been considering taking some leave soon"

The casual conversing wasn't something Runali had done in awhile and for a moment, she simply stared at Aidan. Geez, I guess it's easy to forget how to actually be treated like a person. I need to get out of here. Pushing the glass forward, Runali spoke. "It's...hot. As any desert is really. It's really easy to get lost in if you don't know what you're doing. So, nice if you know the right people. I didn't come in contact with many towns, but they're scattered across the desert. But, if you're thinking about a vacation, I suggest Utsukushi. It's a fun little trade island. I was there with my crew- they entered a tournament. I got another crew member, fun times all around."

He paused for a moment, "Sounds like quite an adventure. What is your crew like?" He said, looking at her curiously.

The question brought a little life into Runali's one working eye. As obvious as it was, she didn't notice it. "Oh, they're the best! Basically family to me! I still wonder how I convinced them to even be apart of my crew, especially considering royal bloodlines and all." For some minutes, Runali spent the time telling just how smart her navigator and doctor were and how poised and elegant her swordswoman was. She didn't leave a single detail out about how good of a muscian she had or how silly her shipwright was either. But as she finished explaining, Runali's face sombered.

"And somehow...I lost them to...a monster? A storm... I dunno." She frowned and shook her head. "They're not dead though. Those guys are out there somewhere, I know it. If I was able to wash up on some boat, they made it too." Runali actually looked a bit sheepish as she ended her tangent. "Uh, yeah, they're a good crew."

Aidan stared at her blankly as she finished. He poured himself a drink, sipping the glass he spoke, "I see" he stared off as he thought about everything he heard. "You're certainly sharing alot for whats supposed to be an interrogation. Didn't expect this much."

"Ah-" Runali leaned back and crossed her arms. "Hmph, I suppose you're slightly better than talking to a brick wall." She looked over at the window. "I guess a better listener too." She waved her hand dismissively. "Besides, I'm going to milk this as much as I can. I know I'm going back to my nice little home soon- and you're also terrible at interrogating."

"Terrible how? I already know Belen killed the old overseer, I know she did so somehow despite the seastone. I also now know that the rest of the Stardust pirates are alive, potentially in league with the Cutthroat pirates that were in the Niriyi desert at one point, some of them are of royal blood which would leave a few questions for the countries in question." He looked back to her, his expression looking a bit bored once more.

There was a brief flash of surprise on her face as she fell silent. Maybe he wasn't such a bad interrogator after all. Or maybe Runali's lack of human interaction was just that bad that- Well, it was too late for that now. The captain leaned back and oddly enough...laughed. "Yeah, I suppose you do have all that info..." The captain scratched her head. "But even if the trained pooch goes and tells his owners, it's kind of hard to believe a bunch of prison chatter." Her gaze focused on the ceiling for awhile. "The prisoners can be kind of loud, arguing and bargaining with guards. It's obvious some of them have lost their marbles. So what makes you think those bosses of yours won't take what you say with a grain of salt?"

Once again, she was leaning forward, this time gently tapping the glass in front of her. Her eye didn't meet Aidan's. "Besides, what makes you think they care about you? You've been demoted to this cozy little home right? Obviously they wanted to keep you busy and keep you out of the way. They threw you to out to clean up after scum and like a good navy soldier, you did as you were told."

"Your point being? I am aware of my current predicament, but don't get me wrong, I wasn't asked to interrogate you, call it taking the initiative & running things my way. Plus theres no way that what you just said is a lie, it order for it to be an obvious lie, you'd have to anticipate that and erase any chance of the lie being used agaisnt you. Aidan reached into his pocket & placed a tape recorder onto the table, he clicked it & it played.

"And somehow...I lost them to...a monster? A storm... I dunno...They're not dead though. Those guys are out there somewhere, I know it. If I was able to wash up on some boat, they made it too."

"If this got out that she spoke to a marine, it'd pretty easy to say that Captain Runali sold out her crew. But don't worry, my current 'boss' doesn't really care about this sort of thing." Aidan stood up & stretched. "I wouldn't worry too much though, the navy is pretty busy these days, a scattered crew isn't really important unless they do something stupid." He walked over & signalled for Runali to stand up. "Lets go ahead and get you back now, I enjoyed our conversation."

For some reason, Runali was more intrigued than guilt ridden- or upset, whichever emotion she was supposed to feel after being played. For some time, she was quietly thinking over what happened. Aidan was much too smart to be tossed into this sort of job. Amusing as it was, now she was really curious about this new overseer.

The young captain stood and complied, only to turn on her heel as they walked to her cell. She put her hands up as a surrender and grinned, now walking backwards. "You'd be one helluva pirate you know? Heh, cunning and deceptive. Isn't that the tag you guys give us pirates anyway?" She snickered and continued on. "I like you, you're much more interesting than the last few guards I've seen. A jerk, sure. Standoffish? Also true. But you've got the makings of a pirate and I think that's a pretty high honor."

The familiarity of her small cage made her sigh as she held her hands out to be cuffed. "So Aidan, what were you doing before you got thrown into the dumpster? High rank? Well respected? Or just a boy with high hopes and dreams only to be shot down? Could explain the attitude."

Aidan didn't reply as she tried to egg him on about piracy, not ever a thought he really ever cared to consider. "If thats what you think then you must plain out be pretty high then." He picked up the shackles & began to lock them on her wrists just enough so they couldn't be pulled out of. "None of the above as a matter of fact, and unless you have anything else you want to add, I'll be heading off now"

Almost on instinct, as the shackles were placed on her, Runali sat right in the middle of the cell. "Eh, nah I've got nothing else to add... Come visit more often, you make the day interesting." She saluted the new overseer and rested her head in her hands to fall back into her usual prison routine.

Aidan reached into his pocket & pulled out the flask, he tossed it to her, "Keep the rest..." He spun on his heels & headed off.

Last edited:
"Saffron?" the spare navigator asked the acting-in-absence captain for the Stardusk crew. He was wearing a Navy officer uniform he pulled from a dead body. Well, two, more precisely, to find a complete matching set that was free of blood, big holes or missing sleeves. "And everybody else, for that matter," he continued, speaking up so the rest could hear him. Once more, he was using the I-have-a-small-addendum-to-the-current-situation voice. "Considering there is... significant bounty on several of our names, I think it would be unwise to use real names for those who will be poising as officers. Might... be slightly suspicious to be a namesake of a wanted pirate."

"Also, for that matter, we will need to have a captain of this ship. Or an explanation for the lack of thereof, which, I think, would be a better idea. Noone can ask hard-ball questions to a non-existing man." Dead men tell no tales, after all. A simple lie would be a best choice, it seemed to Kadi. "The captain of our ship died at sea due to typhoid disease, which then spread among the crew and disposed of a notable part. Explains why we have so few crewmen and why they all look so scraggy," he said and looked around. "Of course, the dead bodies have been disposed of, and it was long enough since the last case that quarantine of the ship is not necessary."

The pirates in Navy uniform were thin, bearded and dirty, especially those who were in Navy's custody for a longer time. The hard life left deep marks on their bodies and soul, and that was simply something no amount of the Thespian art would hide. The typhus breakout spoke of the captain's incompetence and painted the crew in a bad light overall. A bad Navy crew and a bad Navy captain would not appear as a too much danger, and keep the garrison away from the ship, in fear of catching the dangerous illness. It would, hopefully, limit the questions to a minimum.

"Now, I wasted the two previous nights making a forget ship manifest and ledger, from the information I found on the ships books, including the busted communication, the names of the dead crew, number of prisoners and general stock of the ship's supplies. If possible, we will try to requisite some food while aland. I see that as one possible option to sneak out some portion of the prisoners, if direct violence becomes unnecessary or unpractical."

"We will still need to sneak the weapons for the breakout, though. We can try to do it on your persons, sure, but that's risky as all hells, and it might not be enough. There should be a small cart belowdecks. We could load it with some of the 'prisoners' who seem like they could not walk on their own, and hide the swords and guns under a fake floor there... Luro? You're a carpenter. We still have some time before we land and it will take a while for the 'prisoners' to assemble for the march into the prison. Could you make it in time?" he asked towards the tall, deadly and probably drunk person.

Collab by @Grothnor, @Click This, @Mizos, @Winter and @Fox of Hearts

The Day Before

22um9.jpg

“So, I have an idea of how we can do this.” Ray said during the planning of their assault. A navy officer's coat hung over his shoulder, giving a hint of his plan. “If I can get to the armory, I can ice the place up and seal it off from the guards. It could make quite the distraction and make sure the guards don't arm themselves. If you guys need weapons, you can meet up with us and I could let you in.”

"And you know where the armory is?" a man with a Ceranian accent sneered from where he sat on the steps leading to the cabin. He threw his knife in the air and caught it by the hilt moments before it hit the ground. "Trust a Lendrian to rush in with his pants down."

Ray sneered, "Yeah, rush pants down straight into yer wives."

The man's glare darkened visibly till his fair skin turned blotchy round the cheeks and neck. Everything about that Mama's boy rubbed him the wrong way. "What do you know about wives? I heard Leandrians like their butt boys." He tossed his head back and gave a harsh, barking laugh. "You don't look man enough to know the joys of a woman."

Ray bristled at the comments and stepped forward confrontationally, earning him a leer. Wordlessly, the Ceranian tightened his grip around his knife before wafting it at Ray. Reflexively, Ray conjured an ice pistol and shot the knife out of the air before summoning a second and aiming it at the Ceranian.

"Merd - lucky shot." Durant shrugged, unwilling to admit he was impressed. "Even Lady Luck pities you dogs." He crossed his arms and looked boredly into Ray's eyes. "How your pathetic people stubbornly cling to your freedom is beyond me." He faked a yawn only to turn around when he realized he never heard that satisfying thump of steel burying into wood.

"Don't push me, Ceranian." Ray's fingers tightened around the trigger.

Durant smirked slightly after seeing whom Ray might have pissed off. He whistled. "You push me? Looks like you're the one getting the shove." He mocked saluted. "You, my friend, are sleeping in the locker."

2n9j1xc.jpg

"That's quite enough." The thin length of Elise's sheathed sword appeared between the two men, separating the two pirates from each other as. In her other hand was the blade that had been deflected away. If they checked the table that she had been sitting at, there would have been a conspicuous hole in the paper she had been reading.

"Eh? I apologize for myself but, truth be told, the Lendrian is at fault." Durant stood up, holding up both hands to prove he was unnamed as an extra precaution. Short as the woman was, he knew better to underestimate the petite lass in an officer's uniform. Not until he saw her ace whatever it might be.

The navy-coated girl raised an eyebrow, withdrawing back as the two parted. "Just don't let it happen again," she responded dismissively, before finding her seat again at her small table.

"I shall join Ms. Dani over there." With a small bob of his head in blonde's direction, the man finally took his leave to join the giantess of a woman. At least, he figured, hanging around someone from one of Cerania's former colonies was better than staying too close to the Leandrian pooch.

"What fine company we have in our midst." Kei Lin's soft voice barely masked her disapproval. "Discipline might be lacking but we have to make do with what we have." Slowly, the Yula Fei strategist folded her battle fan, which she whipped out earlier with every intention of breaking up the fight herself, and turned her gaze back to the prison island.

"Kei Lin," Bannon boomed in his usual blustery way. "What are you planning this time? You have been awfully silent when we reviewed our plans." He laughed. "Knowing you, you are worrying about something."

"Bannon," Kei Lin spoke, as she glanced behind briefly. "I fear you haven't fully grasp the situation we are in." She frowned. "The plan we have at the moment is very risky. Just one mistake and we will need to abort the mission."

Finally, she whirled around and looked at the group behind her. The two Tashigi sisters were standing round a large table, where Kadi sat with several ledgers opened in front of him Scattered across the table were sketches of Kane'Artum and reference pictures to other fortresses from other parts of the world. It was the latter that made the strategist uncomfortable. They have based all their plans on pure guesswork up till now. She almost wished they could send scouts into the area.

"Come to think of it," she admitted. "Splitting up and having a second group sneak into Kane'Artum might be useful." She nodded her head in Ray's direction to acknowledge him for giving her the inspiration. "They could enter through a backdoor or underground tunnel should either exist."

She paused as her eyes landed on Elise's face. The coal black eyes scrutinized their captive's face, as Kei Lin spoke the next few words. "Ms. Forsythe, answer me honestly. Is there a second entry point into the fort? I have no desire to burn down the prison for the sake of one person. Too many lives will be lost in such a pointless venture."

She allowed her words to sink before adding. "I don't think the Navy is foolish enough not to have a backup plan in case of an emergency."

2n9j1xc.jpg

Elise looked up from the scattering of documents on her table. Glancing down at the floor as she momentarily thought, she leaned back on her seat and crossed her legs. "Aside from the main portcullis? Yes, there is." Her deduction was correct; there was a sewage system that she was vaguely aware of. "However. I never held a station on that island. I can tell you that it exists and where it may likely be, but I don't know the exact location."

She paused, briefly twirling the knife that she still held. "I agree, two seperate forces might be a viable option."

"Hold it! If a tunnel like that exists, I'd be guarding it day and night," Bannon added with a shrug. He squinted in Forsythe's direction now feeling a lot more suspicious. "I volunteer to lead the other group through the sewers. Let's forget that rumor."

"Alright," Bannon bellowed to the other pirates lounging around the deck. "We're splitting up. One group will follow me and the rest of you stick to the original plan. Who's with me?"

Kei Lin shook her head with a smile. Trust Bannon to leap into action while she mulled over the tiniest details. She might not be totally satisfied with the solution they had but she was willing to let them try. Sometimes they had to gamble and pray for the best. "Ms. Forsythe, I suggest you follow Bannon. I have a feeling that they will be the group that would need your guidance should they succeed."

After addressing Elise, Kei Lin walked over to the Tashigi sisters and spoke to them. "With Bannon leading the second group, I will remain here with the fleet. How do the two of you intend to participate?"

jj37lg.jpg

2e207lv.jpg

Both sisters had been silent for most of what had been happening around them, shifting their gaze between each person speaking their mind on the subject of the assault. Satia was the first to respond to Kei Lin, inclining her head to aknowledge her question. "This naval contingent is my responsibility, so I shall remain behind to ensure the neccessary steps are taken should this go poorly" She regarded Alicia briefly who nodded in understanding before turning her attention back to the strategist. "I do not like the idea of parting with my sword, therefore I would assume an officer role as to keep it close by". The swordswoman was at her weakest without her sword and given the severity she felt it prudent to keep it where she could reach it at a moment's notice.

Kei Lin nodded. "Then, I'll stay to aid you Lady Satia."

PdmUtGn.jpg

Luro sat in the corner of the room happily wiping off his rifle, he looked up on occassion at the group as they strategized but his only recommendation was keep hitting until they stopped moving. A small snicker escaped from him watching the interactions between the group especially with Ray but he kept his focus on preparing for the assualt his own way.
However at the mention of infilitration groups Luro raised his gaze and added his own opinion.
"I'll go with whichever one is more life threatening and dangerous," he said before lowering his attention back to his gun. "Also I'm okay with fire and stuff, and fan lady we're pirates if we weren't violent that'd be rude, we got that long word for others...expe...expect...the word that means to expect something. You just let me know where to shoot and who to shoot so we can get the captain, that's all I need. Haha did I sound smart there for a second, Kadi's rubbing off on me."

hrd6vo.jpg

"Oh....?" Hana started, looking up from piece of parchment she was folding into a crane. She had been listening to every word that was said on deck, but the last thing she expected was to have someone approach her. Blushing slightly, the girl simply nodded until she found the courage to speak up. Speaking to strangers was never her forte anyway. "Yes," she agreed in a soft whisper.

Looking down at her lap again, Hana's fingers began smoothening the last fold and added the newest crane to the pile of fifteen already nestled in the hollow formed by her skirt draping across her legs. "You sound very brave.'"

She would have said more had Bannon not appeared suddenly before them and grabbed Luro into a firm but friendly headlock. "You, sir," he announced. "Are my kind of man! Head into battle with me and no enemy shall stand in our way!"

He chuckled. "As a bonus, every man ... and woman," he added the last bit as a mark of respect to his female allies. "Get to keep their weapon. I doubt you want to part with yours the way I wouldn't want to part with my spear." Slowly, he released his grip round Luro with an expectant grin on his face. He sensed he found a betheren in the redhead. "Come on, say yes already," he added finally letting go. "You, me, we can leave a blazing trail."

"Bannon," Kei Lin spoke sharply. "Please don't encourage him. Neither should you think of setting anything on fire." Her intelligent eyes began narrowing. "I mean it. There will be a greater political backlash for Yula Fei."

"But we're breaking into a prison," Bannon pointed out. "We are already in trouble since we busted those prisoners."

Kei Lin pursed her lips. "We could still try and lesson the impact for our princess and our country."

PdmUtGn.jpg

Luro’s eyes widened surprised to be grabbed, he looked up at the man blinking a few times before a grin formed on his face. This guy was funny he couldn’t help but laugh a little as he spoke to him. He could already see the amount of chaos that could follow from a combined effort.
When he brought up keeping weapons Luro’s eyebrows arched before he stood straight up after being released.
“You had me at necessary destruction,” Luro said in response to joining him. “Oh wait…no you didn’t say that…well it’s a yes anyway. If your way let’s me keep my mistress I’m all for it.”
Luro pat his rifle to show exactly what he meant grinning at the man.

When the woman spoke Luro blinked a few times his shoulders drooping as he turned to her.
“Oh…come on fan lady. Being smart’s great and all but we need to smash things while we’re in there. A wise man once told me that thinking is good but it means little without action. He died shortly after when he forgot to do something he thought about, but I’m sure there’s some significance to that here Just a little chaos and destruction it’ll help with the distraction. Pleassseeee. I’ll be your friend.”

After the meeting Luro held his rifle up giving it a quick spin before grinning and standing up, stretching his arms above his head he couldn't deny feeling a little bit of excitement, he pat his chest a few times at the small warmth within it, many people were going to die tomorrow and he was going to be a part of that, there was no greater joy except drinking and doing the exact same thing...which he was probably going to do.
"This was fun I have to sit in on this strategy stuff more often."

-----------------------------------------------------------

The Day of the Assault

22um9.jpg

“I don't know about you, but I'm not letting that Ceranian bastard outta my sight.” Ray muttered in Elise's ear. “He started it, no matter what he says, and I'm not gonna give him the chance to ruin this mission. It's too damn important.” Kadi's group was headed through the front door, leaving Bannon in charge of sneaking in through the sewers. “Just keep an eye on him, alright?”

"There's no keeping an eye on anyone," Durant pointed out. The man smirked, hoping to ruffle some Leandrian feathers. "You are pretending to be some posh officer while I fight my way through enemy lines like a real man."

The Cereanian laughed. "I doubt you've got the guts to follow us men anyway." He gave Ray a mock salute. "Don't get lost on your way to the locker. Davy has no time to fetch a damned idiot."

He saluted Elise as well when she looked up from where she stood inspecting the pretend officers' uniforms. Calling to Ray once more, he jabbed a thumb in the navy officer's direction. "I say she has more guts if she follows us."

"Who says I can't be posh and fight at the same time?" Ray said, sneering, "You Ceranians do that all the time, except you're rather bad at the latter...." Despite Ray's cocky attitude, he would have liked nothing better than to be as far away from Durant as possible, but the ancient Lendrian proverb spurred him to keep your friends close and your enemies closer....

Durant swore violently as Ray threw an arm around in and began steering the man firmly towards the rest of the group. "Unhand me, ruffian!" he snarled. "I'll punch the daylights outta you if you don't stop now." The Ceranian began pushing back at his mortal enemy. "What? You decided to show your colors and ditch your mates? Tch, typical turncoat Lendrian."

"Come on, don't you wanna get closer to a Lendrian? After all, isn't that the reason you've been trying to conquer us for centuries?" Ray mocked him, shoving him towards the rowboats.

PdmUtGn.jpg

Luro stood next to a young pirate adjusting the pistol he had attached to his waist, he remembered the lad from their time as prisoners, after he had tossed him the keys he and his cellmates had happily escaped the ship. After Saffron's speech he chose to help break into the prison, partially because his brother was in there. Since Luro was the only person he really knew as the two had spoken to each other often during their imprisonment he had decided to accompany the redhead, that and he had broken out of prison, he figured he had some kind of skill in handling himself.

"Okay guy who's name I don't know, make sure you don't needlessley die and I end up holding you in your final moments, I'll be a little mad if that happens."
The young pirate gave Luro a small nod and Luro focused his attention on the task at hand.
"If you do die make sure it's a necessary death like as a meat shield or something."
"Wait wha-" the pirate started to say.
"I believe in your ablility to necessarily die, have some faith in yourself."
Luro pat the young man on the shoulder ignoring the troubled look on the youth's face.
"I'll tell stories of your very very painful demise to your widow and children, I'll leave out no details, I'll even add a decaptation in there just for you buddy."
"Please...please don't do that."
"It's okay I'd want the same from you,"
"How about I just not die..."
"Well yeah but most of us are probably going to die, I'm just saying be prepared for when that happens...to you...and maybe me. If you survive I'll still tell the decapatation story."
"Please...please stop. Don't do that for me."
"It's okay friends tell how other friends die with gruesome details. It's a part of the brotherhood."

"Luro," Bannon appeared beside the gunner and giving him another friendly headlock, one hard enough to make Luro release the distraught pirate. "No need to get them all hot and eager for battle." He chuckled. "Plenty of time for heroic later."

"Certainly," Kei Lin added sarcastically. "I suggest you round up the rest of your men and prepare to head out, Bannon. Your group leaves first."

With Bannon leaving to round up the rest of his unit and Saff and Elise taking care of the prisoners group, Kei Lin returned to Satia's side. The two stood silently, observing the prep talk sessions of either group. Kei Lin focused mostly on the shortest member of Bannon's group. "I wonder how she'd fare," the strategist remarked. "Hanako could be an asset or a liability. Only time will tell."

Bannon's group was first to finish their meeting. After that, he jogged over to Alicia and Saffron for a quick discussion, he raced by to his unit and gave them the signal to move out. The men and women divided themselves into two smaller groups and get into the rowboats as instructed earlier. The Yula Fei soldiers lowered the boats into the water once the last man boarded.

Everyone left on the navy ship gathered along the sides, watching the boats disappear into the fog. Now they had to wait for a bit before bringing the ship closer to shore. There was also the matter of having Satia, Kei Lin and the remaining soldiers return to the warships anchored further out at sea. It would probably be another hour before Phase II began. By then, the first group should be in the sewers.

PdmUtGn.jpg

Luro leaned forward blinking a few times as the young pirate slipped away while he was taken. Luro laughed as he pat the strong man’s arm. He watched the pirate run away a little dejected, he hoped he understood his warning he had a strange feeling like he wasn’t listening.
“Hahaha I got it I got it, nothing like being in the moment anyway,” Luro said as he straightened up.
He waved to Bannon as he left before letting out a relieved sigh and looking over the group he was going in with, breaking into a huge prison to rescue the captain, probably filled with really strong people, he couldn’t help feeling excited. He really hoped the captain was at the top by time they got there he made a mental note to try and remember her name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Capt. Blu
“…And I in turn. I’d at least like to think a few of us aren’t morally bankrupt.”

Soon enough, Elise found herself at the wheel of the seized vessel. Knowing this region of the sea by the back of her hand at this stage in her career, she had little difficulty orienting the ship in the right direction for the coming journey.

-

Saff wasn’t incorrect that Elise was less tense in the following days. A big part of it, naturally, was the previous battle was now long past, along with its threats. While the pirates that now crewed the ship were a rowdy bunch, they didn’t seem all too bad, and in a quest for rightful vengeance, she secretly supported them.

“I understand. As much as my distaste remains for that place, drawing blood against brothers of the same uniform won’t stand. But we’ll see.”

Elise had no objections to indirectly helping the crew, however; she directed them to the supply of uniforms, weapons, and various supplies kept in customary places. For those that disguised themselves as sailors, officers, and related personnel, she was quite hands-on in correcting their uniforms; should any of the pirates have listened to her lessons, they would have found it a quite useful crash course on navy customs and dress. She went as far as giving the navy signal code and recognition catchphrase for their particular ship, should the prison watch inquire of it, although Elise had highly doubted it would be needed.

On the day of the landing, she was the only one amongst the ‘navy crew’ dressed in her real attire and rank. On her suggestion upon seeing the pirates’ ambivalence at her otherwise ranking position, she kept her original role aboard the ship, acting as a mere passenger that she originally was. In truth, she had been acting as a glorified messenger, and to deviate from that role anyway would have laid suspicion at the gates.

So, she hung back. At least initially.

• Love
Reactions: Fox of Hearts
11ce6hj.jpg

Luro grinned his eyes moving to the many on the ship, he waved to one of the men who he had conversations with while locked up, he was glad to see the guy had escaped, he had plenty waiting for him back home. Luro brought a hand to his chin as he eyed the man for a moment, he really hoped something sad didn't happen to him, but he had this strange feeling he was going to end up holding him in his arms at one point while he was bleeding out. He put the thought aside shaking his head as Ray spoke to him, he looked in the direction of the woman his eyebrows arching as he checked out Dani.
"That's your type Ray," Luo said before sniffing in her direction. "...hm she smells like death and despair, that's great! I wish you the best of luck Ray."
He brought a hand to his chin giving a firm nod at Dani's form.
"Hm she's pretty manly but Alicia still has her beat, but I get a good feeling from her."

---​

For most of days Luro spent time talking to his crewmates, generally over random things with no real importance. He wanted to ask what they had all been up too but he wanted to hear all the stories at once, and that could wait until they got the captain. Though he wasn't keen on telling what he had been up too, Banana Luro was a jerk and after their last fight he didn't want to think about him. He was more than happy to explain that he had robbed the same ship three times, the captain on the ship just gave it to him the third time and jumped into the water, he was now on the island.

Luro spent most of his time making sure his gun was in perfect condition, adding a few pistols to his belt as a just in case. Getting the captain out was extremely important so he had to make sure everything was in place. That and the only person allowed to kill the captain was him, she was his dear friend and he was the only one that could snuff the light out of her eye, but she already knew that or at least he was sure she understood from him not telling her, he wasn't letting time or disease steal his kill.
"....wait what was I thinking about," Luro mumbled.
Forgetting his homicidal tendencies for a moment he looked over at Saffron catching her comment and grinned at her.
"Make sure you share some with me Saffron, we'll have a party afterwards, if we're not all brutally killed of course."

Moving his rifle to his back his eyes moved over to Kadi as he started going on about something or another, he wasn't sure what it was all about but it sounded important.
"Oh...I might not want to dress up then I like my name I don't want to change it," Luro said crossing his arms with a small nod.
He was surprised when Kadi called out to him, he arched his brows at his friend listening to his request, a small grin formed on his face as he dug into his large sleeve, pulled out a hammer and spun it in his group.
"You're talking to the best carpenter of the south sea's Kadi! I'll have that done in fifteen minutes, and ten of it I'll spend drinking."
Luro laughed at this shoving the hammer back into his sleeve, the item managing to stay within as he crossed his arms again.
All kidding aside Luro did complete Kadi's request with a very steadfast determination, humming a shanty as he worked.

Last edited:
jj37lg.jpg

hrd6vo.jpg

Alicia perked her brow when Luro sank into a low crouch, her eyes widening slightly as he moved with speed that suggested she weren't the only one whom had grown in considerable strength. Caught off guard the swordswoman was lifted and spun around before being set back down again, her head spinning for a moment as she recomposed herself. She were about to reprimand him for his behavior when he made a comment, prompting her to ask herself why she saved him in the first place. That thought came after however, as the saya of her sword came around to strike him across the cheek with a fairly loud and audible 'WHACK!' that made even the hardier veteran soldiers on board wince and cringe slightly. "I should leave you with the Navy, you red haired idiot!" she replied, her tone retaining it's softness despite her small show of temper.

Ray who seemed to be unaware of what happened with his eyes focused on the titan of a woman whom stood on board the deck, would turn after his comment to feel her saya come down on the top of his head with a comically fast and abrupt 'bap', the swordswoman giving him an unimpressed glare. "Don't encourage him... " she said sternly before placing her sword back at her waist. Alicia exhaled before waving a hand towards the other warships, bells sounding to signify acknowledgement before they all turned rudder to sail from Fort Nevis. The mainsails of the warships fell and they soon positioned themselves around the stolen Navy ship, partly as common practice being more powerful vessels, and partly to conceal that the ship was with them. Should they chance upon a passing patrol, navy or otherwise, reducing exposure was prudent given their objective.

Alicia would soon seek out her apprentice, only to find that she herself was found first. The young girl wrapped her arms around Alicia, causing the older woman to smile a little, placing a hand on her back to reassure her. "Do not worry yourself, I'm fine" she said softly, her eyes carefully observing the young girl for any sign of injury. She wold give a simple nod at Hanako's request before motioning with her hand towards the bow, a common place for Alicia to be found during sea travel. Once there Alicia would allow herself to sit neatly upon what she could only guess was a box filled with cannonballs for the broadsides. "Is everything alright?" she asked, prompting the young girl to speak her mind as she regarded her in the usual serene nature she'd come to be knonw for. In the time she'd spent with Hanako she'd gotten to learn much of her behaviors, and because of this she could tell something was wrong. What it was however was another question entirely.

The question made Hana's heart skip several beats. Her mind recapped every little detail of the incident on the bowsprit, causing a faint blush to start dusting her cheeks. The apprentice could feel Alicia's warm, wise eyes resting on her, reassuring her but Hana couldn't bring herself to tell her idol about it. She had done everything her mentor told her not to do and she could have gotten hurt or worse. She had gotten Dr. Egami involved too.

Hana's lips quivered, as she bowed her head lower. The intensity of her embarrassment and self-loathing made Hana wished she could turn to dust and float away in the sea breeze whipping her blue hair. "I'm sorry." Her voice rose in pitch and cracked towards the end. Warm tears trailed down her cheeks, gathering slowly along the apex of her chin. They fell faster, as her head folded towards her neck. Hana's shoulders shook with each fresh sob while her hands were clenched into tight fists.

"I'm sorry," she sobbed again. "I - I tried .... I tried to follow ... A-and .... I ...." The girl's voice dissolve into more sobs. Crying like this was unbecoming for a young lady of fifteen, but Hana couldn't stop. Her pent up emotions refused to be put back into that tiny box she imagined existing inside her mind. They wanted to be free and wreck havoc on the self-control and self-restraint she had been cultivating for the past two years. Knowing this scared her. It was as if everything she worked hard to achieve was unraveling before her eyes. "I messed up..."

Her sudden confession brought Hana back to her senses and the girl bowed to her mentor. Despite the tears still wetting her face, she was finally back in control. Not as much as she usually showed, but she managed to calm down enough to recount everything that happened between lengthy pauses. It was hard to squeeze the right words out and it didn't feel as carthartic as it should when she reached the end. Her face and ears grew warm again as more tears crested her red rimmed eyes.

Cool raindrops, like heaven's tears, plopped onto her shoulders and head. The men on deck called out to the new pirates, beckoning them to seek shelther below deck. Hana remained acutely away of the happenings around them yet she remained standing before Alicia. Her shoulders rounded and her head bowed in apology. She would rather remain like this than to head below deck where everyone could see her tear-stained face. She doubt she could handle the unnecessary attention she was bound to get from Satia and her friends. These were secret she rather not share with anyone else.

Alicia didn't move nor pass expression as Hanko confessed what'd happened shortly after she'd departed from the Yula Fei flag ship. Even as the rain began to fall Alicia remained silently seated, the rain droplets collecting on her silvery hair while others slid down the soft curves of her facial features. The older swordswoman looked in thought, regarding Hanako as if she were coming to terms with the correct response and course of action to follow. "What you did was very dangerous Hanako. The power that exhales from me in the heat of battle is not something you can be exposed to yet. Had you followed, I could have killed you accidentally" Alicia spoke calmly, but the subtle changes in her tone would relay her seriousness. She would sit silenly for a few mintues longer as she thought of how to proceed.

"Lady Tashigi, Hanako!" one of the officers called over to them, gesturing to come inside. Alicia looked past Hanako to the officer, noticing Satia herself was heading inside to shelter from the rain. "Satia!" Alicia called, her younger sister turning to look over her shoulder at them. "I need your assistance" Satia furrowed her brow before walking over, it appeared neither of the Tashigi sisters were put off by the rain. "Is something wrong?" she asked, looking between Alicia and Hanako, her arms folded as she perked a brow at Hanako whom appeared to be upset. Alicia smiled warmly to her younger sister before giving a small nod. "Hanako tried to follow me from the bowsprit upon the engagement at Fort Nevis, she were almost exposed to my Shudan".

Satia knitted her brows together and turned to Hanako, "That was completely irresponsible! what were you thinking!" Satia was far harsher than Alicia in temperament and Hanako would know this from the times where she'd dealt with her in the past. Alicia held up her hand towards Satia, "I believe this can be a teaching moment" the younger sister turned to Alicia, her temper subsiding as she gave a respectful nod in response. Alicia rose from her seated position and moved to stand beside Satia, facing Hanako as both sisters withdrew their blades from their saya's. It would perhaps feel intimidating, for both of them at once to draw swords in light of the recent conversation, but it would soon become clear as they both looked down at Hanako with stern expressions.

"Your mistake could have killed you. And for such a thing to happen would pass onto me a great dishonor. You are in my care and as my pupil it is down to me to ensure you are well trained and kept safe. You're achievements may be a reflection on me as your teacher, but so are your mistakes and so it is up to me to ensure you learn and do not repeat them" Alicia took a few steps to the side from Satia. "Today you were almost caught in my Shudan, a power technique that resides deep in the depths of my soul" Alicia paused for a moment before elaborating further, "As I've taught you in the past, the soul is the epicenter of which all our emotion and power is contained, and ultimately unleashed. The blade is the catalyst to direct that power".

Alicia performed a quick demonstration, the black blade nimbly arching through the air at speed before her arm shot powerfully out towards the air beside her in a stabbing motion, a spinning cone of wind shooting forth from the blade catching the rain droplets to create a pretty display for a moment before it dissipated into nothingness. "Some of our most powerful attacks stem from this knowledge and because of this, we must learn how to defend from them" Alicia gave a nod to Satia whom turned towards her, bowing her head a little before her two blades fell into a combat stance, Alicia doing the same as she raised the black blade before her. "Insho tekina itami!" Satia's two blades danced for a moment before unleashing a blast of power towards Alicia, the rain catching in it's wake to highlight the arc's size and direction, which dwarfed Alicia in comparison.

The older sister didn't move, but instead held the flat of the blade towards the incoming force, seeming to absorb it, her body bracing through it's impact before she neatly side stepped, flicking her blade in the direction of the sky behind her. Satia's attack burst from the surface of Alicia's sword, a thunderous boom shredding the air as the force redirected away from Alicia entirely. There was a pause before both sisters returned their swords safely to their saya's. Alicia turned to face Hanako, "What you just witnessed was a technique made to redirect the power of another swordsman, using our sword as a second catalyst to absorb it and then redirect it" Alicia motioned for Hanako to take out her own sword. "I want you to learn this technique, I feel it is important you gain this knowledge so that you might survive such an attack. Though I hope you'll never have to use it... ".

Over the course of the next few hours, both Alicia and Satia would remain with Hanako in the rain, teaching her how to stand and how to move her blade against an imminent power attack. They would explain how she would need to place aside her own power momentarily within herself to allow space to absorb the power of the attacker before eventually they themselves would test her by unleashing small power attacks towards her, failure of which would result in Hanako being swept off her feet. It wasn't something the aspiring swordswoman would pick up in the space of a single session, however Hanako was indeed a fast learner and by the time the session was over she'd managed to perform the redirection more than once. "Very good Hanako" Alicia smiled, Satia inclining her head in agreement before she motioned towards the door at the other side of the deck. "Let us head inside now, we should dry ourselves and eat, especially with what lies ahead of us" Alicia nodded before they would head inside.

Hanako bowed to her two mentors and thanked them for the lesson. She could have sworn Alicia smiled when she promised practice the technique along with her other stances. At the end, she got down on her knees, placed her sheathed sword before her and bowed with her hands resting on her knees. The rain water soaked through the hem of her skirt, but the apprentice didn't care. She found solace in continuing this practice as it had been a huge part of her routine as a student of the dojo. It was also her way of showing her respect to her two mentors.

Satia was first to leave the area after a short, silent exchange with her older sister. This left Hana alone with Alicia once more. The teen relaxed when she felt a familiar tap on her shoulder. Hana swept the matted locks obsecuring her eyes and glanced up; a small smile brightened her solemn face. Lady Tashigi wished to walk back with her. Usually, it meant that her mentor wished to talk to her privately but today it seemed like the woman was deep in thought. Hana guessed Alicia probably wanted some company as they lingered outside a little longer. Her mentor was likely to be swamped the moment they stepped below deck.

Slowly, she picked up her training sword and got onto her feet as best as she could without slipping into the rivulets of chilly waters traversing the darkened wood of the upper deck. Theg walked in complete silence, as Hana admired the stormy skies. The wild greens dominating the skyscape brimmed with energy and fresh inspiration. Tiltng her head to the side, she managed to get Alicia's attention. "Lady Tashigi, may I cook a special dinner for you and your guests? I know a great way to cheer everyone up." The girl bubbled up. "We can have kabayaki using the freshly caught eel and ochazuke. I remembered you are fond of hot tea soup with rice on days like this."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Thank You
Reactions: Fox of Hearts
2my43ya.jpg

<~~~<>~~~>​

And so there was a grand reunion of sorts taking place upon this newly appropriated Navy vessel. A mismatched tawdry group of pirates re-connected after some time spanning at least one year, Dani figured. And so for the past few days the immensity of a woman held back, just content to sit back and take it all in. Of course for the first couple of days, she remained guarded and not much by the way of conversation; she had just recently killed her best friend and lost her crew. Undoubtedly, the islander woman was eaten rotten by the shame and the humiliation. But by the time the third day came, she was closer to being back to her old self of sorts.

On that third day, a family of porpoises swam along side with them, leaping and, almost, seemingly dancing beside their vessel. They squeaked and chattered happily as they burst through the surface of the water and gracefully dove back beneath, playing in the waking ripples caused by the speeding Navy ship. It did her heart rather well and a smile could not help but hint at the corner of her full pink lips. But a pang in her heart she felt when they swam away... and an emptiness verging upon a wish to see her family once more. A bittersweet smile she could hold back no longer, for as much as the sight of the porpoises pulled at heartstrings, having them swim along side them was a wonderfully good omen nonetheless.

On the evening of that third day, Dani was relatively back to her old self. And so she fell to desires that throbbed and ached 'tween her thighs and so of course Ms. Dani took a lover. Oh, but a biteable rosy cheeked gal did Dani ever find. She was a chubby, bubbly and loverly fine brunette with a bad case of the boyfriend neglect. And so when Dani payed much attention to the brunette pirate lass, the brunette was taken by Dani and so Dani took her in kind.

And so on the morning of that fourth day, when she woke beside her brunette lover to the inevitable yelling boyfriend in the morning scene, there was the inevitable fight, and inevitably the boyfriend pirate had underestimated Dani and inevitably found himself stone cold knocked out and face planted on the planks of the cabin floor. And with her newly found brunette lover lass inevitably tending to her fallen neglectful pirate boyfriend, Dani knew that the inevitable was happening and there was nothing between them except for those future lonely moments of mere fanciful memories coupled with a silly grin while fingers strummed a womanly instrument neath the sheets.

<~~~<>~~~>​

For the most part, Dani kept to herself save for the other pirates she did know via old ties; some held onto ties by but a single thread, and others held ties dangling like an ill intent noose. But from one of those old ties, the huge blonde muscled some info from that other pirate about the big, bad 'Kane. And she found out that there actually was one such pirate she had no qualms with whatsoever was held as a recent prisoner in the big, bad 'Kane. And this new info of which Ms. Dani was made privy broke Ms. Dani's standoffish-ness towards the main crew. Yes, there were those in that damned hell-hole prison that had like-minded ideas as Dani herself to play out Dani's endgame, but there was also the even rarer ones in there that Dani would go all out for.

Within that prison were a but a handful of people of whom she actually gave a true 'Burning heartfelt damn about; people that the woman from the Lowly Islands actually cared for.

This one in the big, bad 'Kane was a rogue named was Ceci. And Dani had just paid off a debt to the rogue pirate and in doing so the pair of pirates became allies; friends even. For once upon a time Ms. Dani Bay Sealion was not known as Ms. Dani Bay Sealion, but was known to certain Navy Personnel as: Miss Murder.

Miss Murder was part of a 'Black-Handed Team' that did very naughty naughty things that the Navy would never ever, ever admit to. They were a team whose missions were basically that of kill-switches. And so one day Miss Murder and her team were lead into a very closed off and cloistered island that had a very, very special store of very, very special fruits. And this closed off island's leader was sharing their very, very special store of very, very special fruits to people the Navy did not like. And so to create a new way of trading, Miss Murder's team was told to change the leader's way of thinking. They were to take his head off so others could do the thinking for him.

But this team that the Navy 'knew nothing, not a single thing about' needed help from a mainlander. But not just any mainlander, no. They needed someone with a certain skillset. They needed a street-rat.

And so they hired a pretty little trashy street-rat Cecilia to do their spying for them. They got her all nested into the island. The pretty little trashy street-rat was a good little thing and did the job as asked of it. And so the team finally 'executed' their mission's goal and they were happy. But not the pretty little trashy street-rat Cecilia. No, for not only had the 'unknown and what black-ops team?!' of the Navy leave her unpaid, but they left her to her own devices, stranded and alone without any back up on that island.

Tsk-tsk. Poor, poor pretty little trashy street rat Cecilia! Did she not know any better than to make dealings with a group of not-Navy people that existed only as a figment of the Navy's imagination? Oh, poor, poor Cecilia! Oh what would she do?

Well, it so happened that Dani and Ceci met up but only 8 months ago! Imagine each one's surprise! Ceci was now talking to Dani the pirate and not some imaginary creature! And Dani was now talking to Ceci the not dead, no, but very, very alive and pretty little not-so-trashy street-rat. But of course, one would assume that there was much more than just surprise that took place during that meeting...

Well, things turned out okay because Ceci stayed upon Dani's ship: Lil' Ms. Burning Arsenal for some time. Even though things did get rather... interesting... at times.

<~~~<>~~~>

Three of the total seven Angels had gathered in shadows and big eyes were trained upon the aft deck where Ceci was learning to steer the boat by the resident helmsman and overly-friendly hottie, Gunsy.

gunsy4_zpsc148pvq3.jpg

The six foot tall Hispanian stood behind her, rather close, rather intimate with left hand clasped tightly over her left on the wooden helm wheel, his other hand rested lightly upon her hip... only there to steady her movements as the ship swayed of course. His bandanna was tied to the 12 o'clock positioned steering handle, allowing his dark locks to flow freely with wild abandon.

A stubble laden chin leaned closer to the blonde woman's ear, a low and gruff yet playful voice spoke softly into her hair, and dark, dark yet shiny eyes hid behind heavy lids. "That's right, Miss Cecilia... grip it firmly without squeezing too tight... do not fight her. Guide...! It is like dancing... you are the lead, no? See? Now easy your stance... you are too tense, maravillosa... here, let Alessandro rid you of your tension... you need massage--"

"Oi...? Monsieur Gunsy, that's not how you taught Monsieur Colm how to steer that thing, sir...! Isn't that right, Ree?" Gunsy jumped as a big-red eyed, snowy white headed little teen girl popped up beside the pair of helm wielders and stared up them with much concern.
splen_zpsf5jjogym.jpg

"Aye, Splen, even we don't massage people we try to teach to do our moves," Once again he jumped as a a big-golden eyed girl dropped in like a spider and hung about, dangling there, upsidedown, casually clutching a rope, flower laden, blue hair swaying as she regarded the pair with equal concern, "'tis not how we does it, aye, Tee?"
ree_zpszzijp7td.jpg

This time Gunsy was ready and his head turned quickly to the left to catch the girl behind him--

"Hmmmm... aye... Dunno 'bout this huggery massagery business, Angels..." again Gunsy jumped as big aqua eyes stared at him from in front of him, somehow miraculously wedging herself between Gunsy and Ceci without him noticing. The flower laden, aqua headed teen raised a lone sea-green eyebrow as she regarded the Hispanian rather suspiciously. "...how come ya never offers to massage one of us girls then, hm? We gots our share of aches and pains, now don't we Angels..?"
tee_zpswntbombd.jpg

"Aye, and again aye sevenfold, aye! Why not us, Monsieur Gunsy?!" said the other two in unison.

Suddenly the three teen girls ganged up on the dumbfounded Gunsy, backing into a corner at the high-pitched questions and accusations and pointed fingers and giggles and other off-topic hilarity.

"Oh, doncha' worry bout all this ruckus, Madamoiselle Cecilia..." said a fourth Angel, sauntering in with a large tray consisting of a humongous tea kettle and several smaller and mismatching tea cups, "we be family here and this is how we are on the 'Burning... but, I guess you probably knows that by now...? Right. Um, some tea then, Miss?"
rodenti_zpsm1adcnhl.jpg

Rai, the tattoo headed Angel then abruptly turned her head over towards the ruckus in the corner and practically growled, "OI! Angels! Monsieur Gunsy! Tea time now, eh?! Have at it then!"

When she turned to look back at Ceci, her green eyes seemed rather sullen and apologetic even, "Sorry... but tis how we communicate sometimes here as ya probably knows that by now, aye..."

Upon the side table did the teen gently place the large tea tray and all gathered and Tee, being the youngest here, began to serve the tea.

"Hard to believe that we gather here all civil like now, eh crew...?" said the aqua headed little teenie, "...tis hard to believe that Ms. Dani once had her orders to kill our Madamoiselle Cecilia in past dealings--"

"TEE!!" interrupted the other three Angels, eyes glistening and cheeks heated with high pinks, embarrassment loud and clear upon their matching expressions.

"Oops..." said Tee in a small voice and continued to pour the tea, eyes cast everywhere save Ceci's face.

All the other teen girls turned their visages towards the only adult 'Burning crew rep here to mitigate the situation.

"Wait. What? Why me? Why meeee?" complained the Hispanian Heartthrob. Then after a sigh and a recomposing breath he said the most natural thing he could think of:

"One lump of sugar or two, maravillosa...?"

Yes, the past tidings on that boat were... interesting to say the least...

<~~~<>~~~>
And so later upon that fourth day, Ms. Dani Bay Sealion finally dropped all cordiality and dropped the brutal honesty hammer upon Saffron as the First Mate of the Cutthroats readied herself for the mission.

"Ms. Saffron," said Dani as she adjusted the other pirates garb, readying her as a 'prisoner,' "our friends in the Navy has its prison on a crescent shape plot of land for good reasons. One of which, Ms. is that we will get hemmed in once we try to flee..."

The larger woman then began to adjust Saffrons hair, teasing it this way and that making it seem as she had been roughed up sometime ago. "...and perhaps it is just an.. oversight... by Commander Forsythe, peut-etre, maybe but once they signal out for other ships, we will be in for more than we can handle. Ms. Saffron, we need to take out their Comms room or their tower. Another thing, no one single ship here is capable of jamming such a powerful signal. We are outclass there, no?"

Dani herself was going to go as a prisoner. There was no way she would ever pass as an officer now. There was too much talk over last year's rumours about a giant blonde going AWOL for it to be co-incidence that there is another giant blonde running around as a Navy trooper.

"And the papers written up by Monsieur Arcadius..." she nodded over towards the navigator "we need to get to the offices with the listings that complement our 'prisoner drop offs.' Which level, which cell block, which cell, which prisoner. Which keys? Are they uniques or multiples? Faster this way to find our mates, no? D'accord. So! As pirates we may have as many allies in there as we may have enemies. If I shake my bells three times... comme ca... un, deux, troix! Like that, one, two three. Those that know Ms. Dani, as few as there are, they will know to be prepared. But we must find one of great importance.

Her name is Cecilia Howell.

I know you are all here for your own people, but this one not only my friend but she is crucial to knocking out the Comm here.

She is a ghost, she is a spectre and can show up in places without you knowing it too. And I need someone who can get us into the Comm room and someone who can pick locks for me to access the main board. It's tamperproof... but not thief proof.

Oh et un peu d'attention, s'il vous plait! Please note this! You just cannot smash the Comm of a major Navy site without major alarms or automatic distress signals going off. O mon coeur, we need her to pull this off.

So then, eh bien! Tout le monde! What say you, Crew?! We do this right or not at all! There are people in there countin on us, oui?! OUI! That's right, they wait long enough, no? We get in there, we get them. Do it right and we all sail a--"

Suddenly Dani's mouth snapped shut and she looked away. But the intense gleam in those steel gunner blue hued eyes still burned like supernova and the heat still burned bright at her cheeks. She was impassioned. She had her flow. She was large and in charge.

...and she was out of line and she just realized it. She was no Captain here. Not even close.

Looking down while taking a recomposing breath she spoke again, this time posed with a stiff, yet respectful stance, both hands behind her back, one hand holding the other. But one hand was still balled tight in a heated fist. Even though calmed, one could feel the glorious pyre still burning within the tone of that smoky sounding voice.

"Ahem... And so those are my thoughts and observations, Ms. Saffron," she then looked back in the direction of the goggled pirate, the stormy colour now returning to Dani's eyes, and stood there like a good Navy trooper, "up for your consideration and wisdom, Ms."

<~~~<>~~~>​

Collab by @Mizos, @Grothnor and @Fox of Hearts

Team Sewers

Dark waters beat against the side of the rowboats, pushing them back for every three strokes forward. It was a struggle but none of the men were willing to give up. They showered the rowers with encouraging thumps on the back every now and then and, when someone began to fatigue, someone else would take over. This might be true for the pair seated towards the back but Bannon and Luro had yet to surrender their oars to anyone. They put in so much energy into each stroke that the others gave up after sometime. The men simply sat in the boat, staring in amazement at the lead they had over the other group.

hrd6vo.jpg

Hana kept glancing back, but the second rowboat was slowly disappearing into the fog. She swallowed hard, wondering if she should remind the enthusiastic pair to slow down. Unable to find the courage to speak up, she contented herself with sitting quietly in her corner near the bow and observing everyone.

Having no other familiar face save Bannon's felt oddly lonely after living two years in the dojo. She couldn't quite wrap her mind around seeing the captain without his armor. True, he might be a towering man that almost reached Ms. Dani's chin, but he seemed smaller somehow. Tearing her gaze away from her countryman, Hana realized the other rowboat had completely disappeared from view.

"Capt'n," a pirate exclaimed. "They're - "

"They'll be back up," Bannon boomed. "You know the plan. If they lag behind, maybe they can sneak in through another way. Or you know," he lowered his voice and whispered cheekily. "Accidentally set the fort on fire."

"But, sir! We're not supposed to - "

PdmUtGn.jpg

“Blowing stuff up is all part of being a pirate,” Luro said interrupting the pirate. “A wise man once told me that ‘blowing stuff up is part of being a pirate, cause we got stuff that explodes’ I mean he died in an explosion but that’s not important.”
Luro had been steadfastly focused on rowing, wishing he had a small lantern to put at the front of the ship, but this was supposed to be a stealth mission so he wasn’t allowed to take one with him.
One of the men tried to offer to trade places but he was perfectly happy keeping up a rhythm with Bannon, he had actually forgotten he was rowing as his mind drifted to random items, one of which being the girl on the ship that reminded him of someone.
“Hey sword girl, I don’t remember seeing you in the prison…are you with Yula Fei? I feel like we’ve met before…but I already know Alicia’s sister…Tashigi number two…oh right manners and stuff. My name is Luro Makachi what’s your name?”

hrd6vo.jpg

Hana's blue eyes flickered in surprise. She stared at Luro with wide, wary eyes before she nodded slowly. She ducked her head down quickly after that and whispered. "I've never been to prison before. I didn't do anything wrong..." When she realized how silly she must have sounded, the teen couldn't stop blushing, as Bannon started teasing her. His attempts to get her to lighten up backfired horribly, causing the girl withdrew back into her shell. Hana refused to speak anymore. Instead, she sat there with her eyes trained to the hem of her skirt. Luckily for her, Bannon decided to speak up on her behalf.

"Luro, I see you haven't met Alicia's apprentice. I almost missed her myself the first few days on the ship. Quiet as a mouse and small to boot." He laughed again, breaking the silence with his usual roaring laugh. The booming voice created an echo that only made the other men in the boat stare around uneasily. "Might take you awhile before she says anything around you. She's only comfortable around the older Lady Tashigi."

Hana nodded in response. She was aware he was still teasing her but she didn't know what to say in her own defense. He was her elder and her superior in rank, so protesting would make her feel awfully rude.

"Oi, quiet there!" Durant yelled from the back, adding to the echoing din. "You want us to be caught or something?" He grumbled in a mix of his native tongue and the common tongue as he slid back into his seat. Unknowingly, his foot landed smack on Ray's in the process. "Watch it," he snapped when he saw the Lendrian make a face.

PdmUtGn.jpg

"Oh don't worry about it! We're being really quiet! We won't get caught at all!"
Feeling he had put the man's fears to rest Luro looked back at Hana realizing what Bannon had just shared.

“Huh….wait…you’re Alicia’s apprentice…Alicia has an apprentice?” Luro said clearly confused at this information.
He eyed the young girl for a moment, his eyelids lowered slightly as he analyzed everything he could from a basic glance, he motioned for one of the men to take the oars and handing them over stood up before moving over to the young lady. He stared down at her leaning forward slightly with a hand on his chin.
“…you must be a bad student, you’re very ladylike not manly like Alicia at all,” Luro said with a firm nod. “Still…I see a little potential in you. The potential to murder hundreds of people with one move like your master. To create many widows and orphans with that blade of yours, you should feel proud.”
He raised his body and moved his hands to his hips, she didn’t look like much but Luro could see an inner fire in this girl, or maybe he just had too much to drink and was looking at his own reflection in her eyes he wasn’t sure anymore. His eyes moved to her sword for a moment wondering what kind of blade it was, but that thought quickly faded as he slammed one hand on the other.
“Oh if you’re Alicia’s apprentice she must have told you about our special relationship right…actually I doubt it as long as we’ve been in it she hasn’t brought it up, I think it’s cause she’s shy. I really feel like I’m doing all the work though…but she does surprise me sometimes. When I got to see her undergarments being one of them, I didn’t have any on that day so I couldn’t return the favor, ah that was a fun day. Tashigi number two didn’t want to show me hers and Alicia got mad when I asked…I guess it was asking too much. Anyway you don’t have to say anything Future Murderer, I’m sure you’ll turn out great. I can’t wait to see how many bodies you leave behind.”
Luro gave the small girl a heavy pat on the shoulder before taking his seat back at the rowboats and taking up the oars again.
“I hope you don’t mind me talking to you Future Killer, I’m used to people not responding when I talk. I’ll just take your silence as agreement, if that’s bad just let me know.”

hrd6vo.jpg

Hana protested a little louder this time when Luro brought up how un-ladylike her mentor was. The girl couldn't fantom why the man would say such a terrible thing about her idol. Alicia was everything she ever hoped to be - smart, talented, honorable and graceful. Manly was the last thing she would ever associate with Sakura's daughter.

"Lady Tashigi - both of them, are everything a woman should be," she murmured again before freezing completely.

Future Killer? She finally looked up at Luro again. This time her blue eyes were wide with horror at the thought of her killing innocent people without any remorse. Doing that would make her no better than the vilest man in her memory, Odyn. Unknown to Luro, his words began stirring up terrible memories about the aftermath of recent attacks and all the pain she witnessed around her. Hana closed her eyes and looked away, as tears began gathering at the corner of her eyes. Lady Tashigi, her mentor, wasn't like that? Was she? Hana couldn't imagine such a wise and noble woman being a heartless killer like Odyn. There was no way she nor her teacher could be like that terrible man. Hana tried to hide her sniffles, as she pulled her knees towards her chest and hugged them tightly.

PdmUtGn.jpg

"Oh ho I got you to talk to me, guess you're comfortable now right?" Luro questioned with a toothy grin.
Though seeing the girl's expression suddenly change his smile slowly sunk into a small one, up until it was clear tears were forming in the girl's eyes. Seeing this Luro looked at her than at Bannon then back at Hana only to throw his hands up causing a man to catch the oars.
"What? Why are you....does everyone in Yula Fei get upset at compliments?!"

22um9.jpg

"Don't you mind what Luro says, he's... well, he's an idiot." Ray turned away from peering ahead of them to gently smack Luro. "Don't call Alicia manly, Luro. You know she doesn't like that. And your 'compliments' aren't appreciated by everyone."

Luro looked over at Ray as the man shared his wisdom on the matter, he rubbed the spot he had been smacked listening to his friends words, granted most of it didn't make sense but he tried to understand what Ray was trying to tell him. Shutting his eyes he tried to use what little knowledge he had on speaking to women to solve this matter.
".....wanna be my mistress when you're older? Would that make-"

Ray smacked him again. "Don't be crude. Err, well, cruder than usual."

"Eh?" Bannon shot up suddenly, causing the boat to lurch. He heard that he would be handling a spirited bunch but dealing with an emotional girl was something he wasn't prepared to do. He scratched his head for a moment before smashing his fist against his open palm. "Luro!" He more or less yelled. "Jump into the water with me. We'll be faster if the two of us push the boat towards land."

PdmUtGn.jpg

Luro took the rows starting to row again since he was confused about many things, his compliments, when he was being crude and why birds didn’t fly backwards when they had to go in another direction. When Bannon spoke about pushing Luro’s eyebrows arched at the plan he had presented.
“…that…is the best idea I’ve heard all day,” Luro said with a firm nod.

Durant threw up his hands in exasperation. "Nutters, all of you! I suggest I be captain of this ship and not him."

Before the others could actually agree with the Ceranian, Bannon reached over and plucked Durant up by his collar. Bannon never liked using someone as an example but he didn't want to have a mutiny on his hands either. "You know, we could use some extra help." Without another word, he flung the man overboard. "Alright, Luro, into the water too."

Durant broke the surface of the water and gasped. "Wh-what are you doing?"

"Getting us to shore," Bannon said coldly before jumping feet first into the water. "Now, get to it. You, me and Luro. We're pushing this boat forward." Yanking the flailing man firmly by the collar, Bannon started swimming towards the back without even bothering about the gurgling sounds the shocked Durant was making.

Luro watched the strange man be thrown overboard and stood up himself, he stretched a bit before rotating his shoulders, turning to Hana he gave her a firm nod before pointing at Ray.
“Watch out for the Ray he’s really suave. You might end up falling for him, you’ll be fine around Kadi though he’s bad at flirting."
With a salute Luro adjusted his rifle before jumping off the boat and diving into the water, he swam back up to the surface shortly after and made his way to the rear of the boat. Putting his hands against the ends he immediately started pushing.
"This water taste like death! You gotta try some!"

22um9.jpg

"Better you than me." Ray said. "Even if I could swim, I wouldn't want to dip a single toe in that muck. Besides, I wouldn't want to ruin my disguise." Seeing Hana had only reacted to the splash out of all the discussion, Ray asked, "You okay? Luro didn't rattle you too much did he?"

hrd6vo.jpg

Hana's teary eyes looked at Ray again. She studied his face for a moment before giving a half-hearted "no" in response to his question. It was a white lie but she didn't want him to probe further. She sensed the two were friends, so she assumed that that he be offended on his friend's behalf if she told him the truth. She sucked in her breath and rubbed her eyes with both hands. "I'm sorry," she apologized. Her soft voice growing softer by the second. "I - I'll be okay."

Out in the open waters, Bannon used one hand to keep Durant pressed as close to the back of the boat as he could without drowning the troublemaker. He whistled to Luro then shouted. "Luro! Come here and let's encourage this man beside me. He seems to be reluctant to be part of our happy family in the water." If anything, he was so impressed by the maverick gunner that he was starting to see Luro as the only person he could rely on in this team. The rest have yet to make an impression on him.

PdmUtGn.jpg

Luro hummed a small tune to himself as he pushed the boat wondering when they’d finally make it to their destination, he was looking forward to seeing everyone in action, especially the Future Killer, he had a feeling when she drew that sword she changed into a completely different person, he was really looking forward to it. Everyone he’s seen from Yula Fei has been skilled fighters after all. Hearing Bannon Luro looked over in the man’s direction blinking a few times, his eyes moved to Durant and with a smile he made his way over to the two happy to give the man some encouragement.

“Hello!” Luro said to Durant. “Are you really not having fun? I mean you could lose strength at anytime sink and die from drowning cold and alone, isn’t that exciting, makes you want to work all that much harder right! I mean think about it, the faster we get there, the faster we get attacked by hundreds of guards wholly intent on ending our lives, now isn’t that a better way to go than drowning in tasty water. See better already now get pushing, I believe in your ability to do menial labor with no reward!”

"That's the spirit!" Bannon yelled jovially. He couldn't help feeling very pleased when he saw how uncomfortable Durant looked. "You hear that, man? You can't let your team down so let's push, push, push!" With another mighty roar, the man surged forward in the water at such speeds that those onboard couldn't believe he was fighting against the current. "Oi up there - Luro's friend, is it? Tell us when you see land!"

"Yes tell, us," Durant positively yelped between gulps of freezing salt water. His fingertips were barely touching the back of the boat now despite how fast Bannon was forcing him to swim.

“Ooooorrrryaaaaaaa!”
Luro yelled after Bannon’s might roar and kicked his legs feeling a burst of energy fill him seeing the man’s energy, he wanted to match it and the force he put into his kicks made that intent clear. It wouldn’t be surprising to assume a motor was attached to the back of the boat at this point with the speed it was moving now.
“There you go! Drink that water!” Luro yelled towards Durant. “Yeah now you’re feeling it, I knew you had it in you!”

22um9.jpg

Pleased to see that Luro was getting along with Bannon and Durant and that Durant was not enjoying himself, Ray turned his attentions back to looking ahead. "So, how old are you?" Ray asked Hana. "If you don't mind my asking. You're a bit on the young side to be hanging around pirates, even if they are like Tashigi."

hrd6vo.jpg

Feeling somewhat more relieved now that the blonde man was not looking at her anymore, Hana lowered her knees and allowed her feet to fall back under the bench. She smoothed her ruffled skirt then left her hands pressed against her lap. There was something soothing about his voice compared to Luro's. Where the other was loud and kind of ... odd, this man was soft and polite. The way he carried himself also reminded her of one of the nobles from Yula Fei. If he was, it would be rude not to answer. "I'll be 16 in spring," she replied. She reflected on his comments about her youthful appearance before adding. "I am almost 18 and that's when I'll be considered an adult. I guess I'm not a child anymore."

PdmUtGn.jpg

"Sixteen! That's not too young I think I killed about...forty-two people by then! What's your record!"
Luro yelled from his spot raising his head above the water to make sure he was heard clearly, though he immediatly focused back on his task.

Although he couldn't see Hana turning pale again, Bannon's immediate reaction was to splash cold water at Luro. Durant, who was caught between them, took the brunt of it and gasped loudly. His reactions only made the Yula Fei captain repeat the same action, leaving the poor Ceranian with drenched red locks plastered to his face like a wispy seaweed.. "You know what, Luro? I think we can go even faster!" Bannon spoke in an attempt to pull his comrade's attention away from Hana. He still wasn't sure what to say to her but it sounded like Luro's friend was doing a good job. "Also, you up there," he shouted to Ray. "What's your name?"

22um9.jpg

"Raymond Kareth Skalter, Pariah of Lendria and formerly Best Duelist thereof. A pleasure to make your acquaintance. I'd stand to bow, but I'd rather not rock the boat."

"As much as I'd like more men in the water, I think the three of us are just fine," he shouted jovially, shoving Durant face first into the water. "I'm Bannon, Captain of Yula Fei." He gave Raymond a friendly wave. "And Pariah, eh? What could a gentleman like you do to be banished from your home?"

"Gotta go fast! Gahahahaha! Faster Faster!"

"That's the spirit!" Bannon roared. "Full speed ahead!"

Hana perked up slightly upon hearing Bannon's question. Despite still feeling very down, her eyes were glowing with curiosity. She continued looking in Raymond's direction, hoping to hear his answer and yet hoping he wouldn't notice her at the same time. The last thing she wanted was to answer anymore questions.

"My good sir, I am wanted for murder." Ray stated plainly. "I have killed quite a few other noblemen before, but they were fair and legal duels, not murder; a point I feel I must specify."

"Eh, you were doing the world a favor," one of the pirates spoke up. The man's single eye flickered in Ray's direction. "Those good for nothin' scum mighta deserved what you gave them."

"Though many of my dueling opponents may have deserved their fates, alas, the man I murdered did not deserve my blade," Ray was affecting a voice of a wistful storyteller, enjoying having a captive audience. "For the woman I slew him for decieved me. She told stories of his brutality and cruelty, but in the end they were but lies to stoke my fires of righteous retribution."

The man nodded sympathetically. "Aye, women be sirens. They bewitch'd unsuspecting men and drive them to insanity." His sentiments were echoed by the men onboard much to the ire of the few women in the group.

"Eh? Not all lasses are dishonorable," a woman protested. "Tho, I hear ya, sir. That lass was a shrew alright."

"That is where we both agree," the man who first spoke to Ray said approvingly. "What became of her? Did ya teach her why God made Adam a'fore Eve?"

"Alas, she goes unpunished for her crimes. But in the end I feel I must thank her, for she drove me from the stifling life of nobility into the hands of Piracy, and the freedoms it allows."

hrd6vo.jpg

Hana felt a spark of sympathy light up within her when she heard about Raymond's betrayal. Being deceived into murdering must have been a very hard for him to accept. Her gaze soften a little more, as she began gripping the edge of the bench. The teen opened her mouth to say something, but she quickly closed it. She wasn't sure what she ought to say in such a situation. "Mr. R - "

She started to say something but the shouts of approval from the pirates silenced her once more. Hana continued sitting there, staring a little less guardedly at the blonde Lendrian. He didn't seem so bad after all, she thought. Anyone with the capacity to feel remorse couldn't be evil deep down. She tilted her head to the side and smiled ever so slightly when he looked her way. Then, she looked down again, feeling embarrassed at putting herself out there. Slowly, a faint blush started dusting her cheeks. Yes, perhaps, she wouldn't mind trusting him too. Lady Tashigi was never been wrong about anyone before. At least, not to her knowledge.

The quiet contemplation was shattered by a grating voice. "I can't keep up!" Durant hollared. His legs were slowly turning to lead as he began lagging even further behind Bannon and Luro. "I - I won't mutiny again."

"What was that you say?" Bannon asked, feigning deafness. Somehow even after all that exertion, the man didn't even sound tired. He actually sounded a lot more energized. "I think you need to speak up. Can't hear you with all this water in my ear."

"I won't mutiny." Durant repeated. He sounded even more desperate now, as his hands gripped Luro's shirt. "You, you, save me from him!"

PdmUtGn.jpg

"Eh why aren't you swimming faster," Luro said looking back at Durant. "If you don't keep up you're going to die and stuff. Here I'm going to swim even faster watch what I do then do it, cause if you don't you'll die...and that'd be bad...wait would it. Bannon is it bad if he dies?!"
True to his word Luro moved even faster seemingly okay with his speed, his brows arched at the slower man as he kept moving, the act almost like paddling at this point.

"Hold it! I think he finally gets it," Bannon gave Luro an approving nod. "He better learn to swim with the men before he challenges anyone to a fight."

Bannon bobbed in water for a moment before grabbing a panicking Durant by his shirt. Ignoring the man's pleas, the Yula Fei captain simply held the guy above his head like a sack of flour then tossed Durant head first into the boat. Luckily for the Ceranian, the rest of the unit were a lot more forgiving. Some stood up to catch the guy then allowed him to disappear in their midst.

"Let's continue working as a team!" he shouted to the men in the rowboat. Turning to Luro, he motioned for the man to resume paddling. They wasted enough time squelching any dissentors. "How far till land, Raymond? And - oh ..."

The shadows in the fog morphed into a steep cliff face towering above them. Somehow, their group managed to take a wrong turn or two in the waters earlier and ended up much further east then they intended. Luro raised his head from the boat wondering how close they were getting to their destination, he slowed down slightly as his gaze moved to the large prison a part of him wondering if it touched the sky with how far it stretched upwards. That was a side thought however as what lied in front of them wasn't a giant hole which is what he expected but instead just black rock, that almost seemed to stretch as high as the prison. He knew he had a bad sense of direction but he expected someone else to lead the way. That aside what lied in front of them wasn't a sewer but stone, impassible rock that did little good to help them enter the prison.

PdmUtGn.jpg

"...did we...go the wrong way?!" Luro yelled. "Is that thing nearby...or is there an open window somewhere? An open window is normally somewhere! Does someone have a map!"
While scanning the rock for some kind of alternate entrance he noticed something strange float by him, he wasn't sure what it was but it smelled like Davy Jones on a good day, noticing more stuff floating past he turned his attention following the trail of filth until a small stream of green liquid came into view. He blinked a few times seeing it come out of a relatively large hole slightly above them though it was slightly right from their current location.
"Oh....is that it?"
22um9.jpg

22um9.jpg

"Looks like. Take us in." Once they came close to under the grate, Ray used his powers to craft a spiral starcase of ice up towards it. Now up close to the grate, ray examined it and spotted a tiny gap between the iron grate and the stone around it. Planting his hand next to it he repeatedly iced the gap and thawed it, growing the ice further each time until the iron began to bend and creak, finally ripping free from its bindings and sinking beneath the waves. Once everyone entered the sewer grate, he shattered the spiral staircase, leaving no trace of their passing, save some rapidly melting ice shards and the open maw of the sewers. We're coming, Captain.

Last edited:
155oppz.jpg

"I am the shadow, and smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."

As usual, Cecilia was passing her time in the cell by humming tunes she remembered and recalling memories from times ago. That was all one really could do when locked away in a cell, meant to be executed. During this time she remembered old accomplices and a ship, she'd been on. The Burning Arsenal. It was a good ship and the people who boarded it were great company. She recalled one of the many times three of them ganged up on the current helmsman after he offered her a massage. She remembered smiling and chuckling at the scene before they gathered around like a family and had tea. It all seemed like a dream now.

A sigh escaped Cecilia as she brought herself back to reality. She questioned if those memories were really memories or just a dream. Her thoughts were disturbed however when she heard the familiar voice of Runali speaking to her. The women had been here much longer than she as Cecilia found out and they talked a bit. Not much, but enough to consider each other accomplices. She turned and looked at the former crew captain who now laid on the stone ground in an attempt to be comfortable. Cecilia listened to what she said and found herself interested. "A crew, huh? Sounds nice. You're right.... I have nothing to go back to. Unless you can count a bench." Cecilia laughed dryly. "I'll think about it. Might be good to get out of this god forbidden town." She replied, before glancing in the direction the footsteps were coming from. "The new overseer? I suppose. It's up to you really, Ms. Former Crew Captain. Even if I disagreed you'd probably still bring 'em with ya." Cecilia chuckled, watching as Aiden, the overseer, approached them. The man talked to Runali a lot, something Cecilia noticed, and she wondered if they were planning something together and that's why Runali thought of making him a crew member. As she thought about it, her thoughts drifted back to her pirate life and she remembered something suddenly.

I am silence. I am ethereal. I do not waver. I know no fear, feel no pain, show no emotion. I am the ghost, waiting in the shadow.

When it popped in her head, Cecilia didn't remember it at first but as she repeated it, it became clear. Her brother had said the phrase before going out. After saying it, something about him always seemed different. Like he became cold and distant. Yet he was still the same. No inhuman abilities. No powers. Just an empty vessel. It had always scared her until he started teaching it to her. When she said it, she felt stronger. She felt emotionless. She felt cold-blooded. It scared her at first to feel such things, but as she kept saying the phrase she got used to it. When her brother disappeared Cecilia took the phrase to heart and said it before doing anything dangerous. By doing so it was like she became a ghost. Hence her nickname. Ghost of the Nine-Tailed Fox. Pretty cool, huh? When people saw her they immediately thought 'death' because that's what she did well. Assassination. She did other jobs too but assassination paid well and everyone has someone they want dead.

Cecilia smiled to herself, remembering such things. Ghost of the Nine-Tailed Fox. I wonder if people still remember that. She thought, staring down at the shackles that bounded her ankles. They were tight and uncomfortable, but she was thankful for her boots. Without them, her ankles would be bleeding all the time from their constant rubbing. She glared at the chains, hating the feeling of being held down. Trapped. Is this what brother had to go through? The thought surprised her as she had not expected it. However., it did not disappear and stuck in her head. Thinking about him going through something like this, or worse, gave her the strength and courage to keep living. Her dead eyes sparked back to life again, if only a little, and she stood up from her usual sitting position. The lights were already out and everyone was supposed to be sleeping but she didn't feel like it. Not in the least. Instead, Cecilia stretched her body then started doing push-ups, sit-ups, plank, and other activities that kept her busy while keeping her feet together.

After a while of doing this, Cecilia stopped, panting from her non-stop workout. Now her ankles felt really uncomfortable. Scowling, she glared at the damned things. If I had a pick I'd get you off immediately! She yelled inside her head, staring at the shackles for a few minutes before something clicked in her head. Digging a hand in one of her boots, Cecilia found a pick she kept there in emergency situations. Smiling to herself, she began working on the keyhole. After a bit of trying, she heard a faint click and kicked the shackles off. She stopped and rubbed her ankles, desperate to get the blood flowing in them at a more natural pace. When she felt like she could walk, Cecilia stood and walked over to the bars in order to try and pick the lock but found that the pick was worn and useless now. With a sigh, she tossed the pick behind her and sat against the wall, rubbing her ankles. "Least I got the damned chains off." She said to herself, words like poison. How she despised feeling like a helpless, trapped animals.

[BCOLOR=transparent]Disguise Group[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Location: Entering Kane’Artem[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Aye, don’t worry Dani. We’ll get your lass back.” Saff grinned and gave Dani’s hand a firm shake. It was a promise. This woman decided to help with their insane mission so if they could pay her in kind then of course they would oblige. Other pirates too wanted to find their loved and lost ones and while searching for each and every one of them would be difficult, they would try their best.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Their best was all they could afford. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dani had also mentioned a plan for the communication systems as well and while Saff was smart enough to formulate some sort of plan, she let the Yula Fei warriors do that job. They had already began to assemble a well thought out plan, so of course, she prompted Dani to speak to them. “It’s another tough job, but we’ll see what we can do. Communications will more than likely be inside, and we’re going in there basically blind. We’ll focus on finding your friend first.” Kei Lin said. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As they approached closer and closer, the plan was reiterated countless times, over and over, not leaving a single detail out. The time was do or die.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As if in response, the sky rumbled threateningly. “Huh. Thunder’s a good sign.” It was hard to tell if Saff was serious about that statement or not.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The sewer ‘stealth’ group had already departed, leaving the disguised group to anchor the ship and be boarded by the prison guards. This group had successfully entered into Kane’Artem, the easiest way they could: By playing along. These officers saw hundreds of navy crewman and couldn’t name the lot of them if told to. These crewman, some of them at least, looked a bit worse for wear- but judging by the story they were given and the lack of a captain, their look was definitely...reasonable.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Nice work. That’s another batch of pirates cleared from our seas.” This comment was directed towards Elise as some of the guards began to pull on the chains and tug their new prisoners inside. The navy officer that greeted the group led them towards the lower level prison cells on the very first floor. “It looks like you all got a good batch. After they’re in these cells secured, we’ll properly ID them and send them to the appropriate floor.” The navy officer, another overseer happy to get away from monitoring his assigned floor continued to give the fake navy officers the run down of how things worked.[/BCOLOR]

et5w5v.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Don’t. Touch.” One bold prison guard had reached over to remove Saff’s goggles from over her eyes, only to stop at the sound of her voice. A cold chill went down his spine when her goggles flashed, showing the hidden glare underneath. This guard was easily intimidated by the pirate woman, and instead of embarrassing himself, he simply removed his hand and tugged the jointed shackles to keep the group moving. He was just a grunt worker it was obvious, that guard probably protected things like the armory or played watchdog. Anyone with experience in these prisons shouldn’t have been so easily intimidated… Or, Saff was just that good at it. Who knew?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Yeah, so the prisoners are locked on the first floor until they get IDed. Once we know who they are, we can assess just what floor to put them on. Obviously, the higher the level, the more dangerous the prisoner. I’m not sure how much your captain debriefed you- may he rest in piece- so it’s my job to give you the info.” This time, he leaned towards the closer of the ‘navy officers’ Arcadius and another gruff pirate before whispering, “And I see you have one of the Cutthroats. I don’t know how you did it but if she’s anything like her friend, she’s definitely going to have to be escorted up to the top floors. 50 I think? Bah, I can’t keep up any more.” He shook his head, stealing a glance at Saff once more. “Ain’t as cute as her friend I’ll tell ya that.” [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Despite the ‘whisper’ the prisoners nearby definitely heard that important piece of information. Saff in particular looked up to the ceiling, looking directly at the tubular shape in the very center with narrowed eyes. ’Pfft, that girl might be a hothead, but I’m the firstmate damnit. Give me credit! I’ve beaten Belen’s butt so many times in spars.’ She didn’t voice her thoughts out loud, but now she was wondering how she could create enough havoc in order to be put on the same floor to get her navigator back. And then another thought hit her. ’You bastard! How dare you insult me! You’re gonna be the first I-’ A pirate woman walking along side her noticed the tension and quietly nudged Saff to calm her down. She couldn’t blow their cover just yet.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Ah, damnit. I don’t have my key… This process would have been way smoother if we knew you were coming so soon. But that’s a busted comms unit for ya. Geez that’s one thing about this damned place. There’s only a handful of keys and each one goes to a different floor set. No matter, it’s just in the office. Keep these guys at bay and I’ll run and get it.”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Left alone to wait, were the four navy guards, the fake navy officers, and the prisoners. It was practically a sign from the heavens to take their opportunity, however they still had no idea what they were getting themselves into. [/BCOLOR]

~~~~~~~~~~~

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sewer Group[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Location: ...Well the Sewer of course[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]This enclosed sewer space barely had enough standing room. For the taller ones, like Luro, it wasn’t the most comfortable space to try and walk through. Immediately entering this enclosed space, many of the pirates gagged at the horrid stench of bile and rotting corpses. It made most of their eyes water. While some complained as quietly as they could, others were afraid to speak, afraid that as soon as they opened their mouth, they’d puke- or worse, pass out. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Move swiftly!” While born with the prestige of a Yula Fei warrior, he had seen his fair share of dirt and grime so Bannon was unaffected by it all. Or at least he did a very good job at handling. This was merely a minor obstacle. “Team One and all of your friends inside are counting on us. We have to keep moving.” The warrior kept to the rear, making sure to push the stragglers ahead. One of them, Durant in particular, was already soaking wet and ultimately not having the best of days as the salt water and sewage began to mix in his senses. “You’re looking a bit green there! Keep up!” For this to be the ‘stealthier’ crew, they weren’t very quiet. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“There’s a clearing up ahead.”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Thank god, this space is killing me.”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“I’m gonna puke.” [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The small tunnel they went through opened to reveal a larger space with four large sewage grates at the sides. The stairs to get to them indicated that at one point, people had gone down in the sewers, but the rot and decay suggested that if they did, it was a long...long time ago. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Well how are we supposed to know which one to go into? We can’t spread our numbers any more!” [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Not far off, the sounds of faint struggle could be heard from the second boat. While they had been left behind, they weren’t too far, making their way into the sewers in order to catch up. They had lost the first group for a minute and ended up slowing down even more to figure out where to go. However, the faint sounds of Bannon's boisterous voice helped. Plus, they managed to catch the rapidly melting ice shards and damage done to their entrance.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The group began to mumble and debate which way was the better way, and just how bad it was to break down the group more until Bannon raised his hand to silence them. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Quiet. Something’s coming.” He pulled his spear off his back and stared into the river of sewage ahead of them. It was rippling ever so faintly, but there didn’t seem to be anything there. “You, Raymond. When I say so, you put up one of those ice walls of yours.” The group looked on in confusion, wondering what Bannon was looking at…until the sound of squeaking became louder and louder. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“We need to move! Get to the sides!” Someone yelled as the sound began to multiply. As the pirates began to scramble out of the sewage and up to the stairs, Bannon held steady and readied his spear to deflect whatever was approaching. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Now!” [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As the ice wall went up, a loud screech pierced the air as an abnormally giant and deformed rodent jumped out of the water, crashing down and shattering the ice barrier. It’s spiky tail lashed back and forth, knocking some of the pirates into the wall. This monstrous rodent reared back planning to crush Bannon and Ray with its teeth and claws. [/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]But that was only the half of it. As this large creature began to attack, hundreds of smaller rats began to appear, crawling and biting the pirates. The only way out was either going back or picking one of the four sewer grates to enter the prison.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Location: Kane’Artem: 23rd Floor[/BCOLOR]

250ruac.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Runali hummed her response, although while laying there she did raise a thumbs up. “Former? No, no, I’m no former captain until Davy Jones has me...again. Or I resign. But I made a promise to my crew so that’s not happening.” [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It fell silent again, but Runali didn’t mind. Though, it wasn’t silent for long because Cecilia began to exercise. Runali remembered when she did that, to keep herself busy so she wasn’t going to tell her prison neighbor to stop. However, the clanking of chains did cause a few of them to yell for her to shut up.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]It was late and Runali was tired. Then again, she wasn’t exactly sure what time of day it was nor did she remember when she had her full strength. If she had the energy, she would have been jealous of how much energy Cecilia had, which didn’t really make much sense. She had been tired a lot more lately, sticking to lying or sitting in one spot for longer periods of time. Runali was quieter too, sparing Aidan the jabs and playful remarks. She wasn’t completely devoid of interaction with the overseer or anyone else who offered to speak, but more often than not Runali remained quiet. Things just weren’t as interesting as they used to be.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Aidan’s not gonna be happy you’re tampering with those chains.” It was surprising she even had something to unlock the chains with. Now, she’d definitely be checked over to make sure she didn’t have any more weapons. “But, if you have any knives, you should be so kind to let me borrow it… I need a haircut. And, of course ta get outta here.” She gaze a lazily wave of her hand and turned her back to the bars. If it hadn’t been for the occasional rise and fall of her chest, it was easy to accidentally mistake her for being dead. She was almost sure she smelled enough like death to pretend. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
Golden%20Era%20KaneArtum%20Chap%201.png
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Read: Start of This Chapter l From the Beginning[/BCOLOR]​

Last edited:

2f0ey3p.jpg
2 Days ago...:
Aidan continued marching along the curve, the cellblock winding around itself until he could finally reach the lift. This was the 2nd time he’d be attending the quarterly meeting on the top floor. In the very least, at least the top floor was bloody clean & lacked the particularly stenching rifling his nose as he passed more cells. Very few footsteps filled the hallways right now ever since Aidan transferred out most of the guards here, the ones left were at least disciplined & responsible & could be trusted to do as he wanted, even if somewhat overworked to make up for the lack of manpower. A lack that Aidan hoped to get help with at today’s quarterly meeting…

After a good walk, he finally returned to the Gate Section, ordering the watch commander to get the gate open, he walked over to the edge and looked over. 22 Floors below him sat a still pool of Sea water, 4 lifts went up & down the Tube blocking his view to the water below. His lift was heading up his way now, already a small crowd of overseers & aides have filled the lift up.

“Hello Aidan… heheh” A pair of glossy eyes rose up with the lift as it slowed up to the 23rd floor. A blond man clutching a clipboard stared straight into Aidan as he seemed to check off his list. “You haven’t quit yet.. Heheh, somewhat impressed”.

“No, I have not”, Aidan knew trying to intimidate or appease Hector, or Hyena Hector as some of the others called him… Was pointless in any sense. What a ridiculous name though… “Hows work up in the armory?”

“New munitions have been deployed… Nice weather, no smells, lots of delicious food, heheh” His eyes shone & his teeth bared a glossy pink grin. Aidan lowered his head as he looked at the man’s face.

“You know you have blood on your chin?” The levels higher up in the prison had some of the most harsh punishments & rules, with people like Hector taking certain liberties among those rules.

Hector looked visibly confused for a moment, then he grinned once more & his tongue snaked out across his face and dabbed away the blood. Aidan could only shudder to witness this.

“Ahhh. Thanks… Heheh” Aidan nodded & walked to the back of the platforms with the others, anyone standing around Hector too longed found his eccentricities burrowing into their minds the more they tried to figure out what he was on about. Among the others he saw his fellow overseers, including Michael, the overseer who controlled floors 20-22, while odd in his fashion of sorts, at least he was socially acceptable & his cell block had a interesting sort of maintenance kept within it. Not a pair to talk, Michael & Aidan simply nodded as they stared up at the rest of the Tube. These were some of the most vicious, strongest officers in the navy, if not some of the nastiest, but no one could say they wanted to be here… except for the touched of minds like Hector.

Floor 23, Only 127 more floors to go....

At least, finally, & lo’ & behold, Aidan was now in the main parliamentary hall with the rest of the overseers, Hector stood in front doing a final tally of everyone present, through the hall, conversation & laughing filled as some overseers spoke of retirement, some spoke of some interesting rowdy prisoners, new suppression methods, the usual passage of small talk for men under this employment. Aidan laid his back against the table behind, closed his eyes & tried to ignore the commotion, three seats ahead & 6 to the right, a man was furiously clicking his men. On the far left, someone wouldn't stop tapping the table. Most people wouldn’t normally notice it with all this commotion but-

*CRASH*

A loud shockwave erupted throughout the room as a loud crackling noise followed. Ahead of the of floor now stood the Warden, his eyes emitting a fuzzy transparent haze as he appeared in front of the group. The entire hall stood up, 100s of boots stomped the floor & the officers popped off salutes as the Warden glared. Hector pressed the clipboard against his head & saluted. His normal grin gone as even he deferred to Warden Donovan. He spoke up once the moment settled into silence once more.

“SIR! ALL 88 OVERSEERS PRESENTED & ACCOUNTED FOR, SIR!!”

“GOOD” the man’s voice echoed and boomed throughout the room as everyone brought their hands down. No longer giving a hazy image, Warden Donovan’s form settled and he stood normally in front of the staff. Grey-haired & looking overworked, he seemed less intimidating to anyone who didn’t know him too well. He was no fool & knew most overseers could barely be trusted to handle their jobs yet he had to make do with what few competent officers he could. He cleared his throat & spoke, “As you know, we’re getting increasing excessive amounts of prisoners from the navy recently. The new surgence in recruitment rate has made the emission of justice more efficient & more work-heavy for ourselves.” Donovan looked around the room & sighed. It was obvious that he didn’t enjoy the current staff he had, while it made all the more sense to Aidan why’d he requested for someone like him, he still felt damning luck for winding up in this place.

“Another thing, munitions to all your floors have been recently restocked, aside from those of you such as Michael & O’malley that have specifically barred gunpowder from your floors. Any maintenance to your communication room should be referred to Hector in the Central Armoury… Which reminds me, 23rd floor Overseer.. Ummmm” he paused, Hector whispered into his ear, “Overseer Aidan, head to my office after this, its about your understaff issue...”

Goddamn…. finally Aidan thought to himself & sighed a breath of relief as this would finally be taking care of now.
The meeting continue on for another 3 hours, Donovan commented on general logistics, management, & upkeep. “...& should the need ever arise, once Central comms here receives any alarms through the wire, we’ll be activating the Godline, so don’t try being a damn ambitious little fuck about it & CALL the wire if somethings up…any break outs... or bare with me, any break-ins"

As if anyone would be stupid enough to come here by choice Aidan sighed to himself as everyone began to leave & he shuffled himself over to the Warden’s office… As he went inside, he walked past a teenager sitting in front of the office looking bored.

Sitting behind the desk, sat the Donovan, bags weighed heavily on his eyes, “Sooo… bad news Aidan, can’t send you anyone new this week, the new staff arrives next Wednesday so I won’t be able to ease anything yet… But until then, I’ve asked Kino to assist you in your duties..”

“Kino sir? Who is that?”

He raised a brow like he should’ve known, “Shes the girl you walked past outside, Kino, come in here!” The door opened and they came in, stood at attention for the Warden & saluted… dryly as anyone ever could make a salute. “Kino, this is Aidan, Aidan this is Kino, you two will be working together for the time being so I hope you get along. Keep in mind Aidan, she is the talon of this prison, even when the overseers miss someone, she always catches her mark... so count yourself lucky…” The two looked at each other, something about her eyes disturb Aidan, they just seemed too… absent from everything.

“Its.. good to meet you Kino” She half-nodded just to leave if anything, spinning about face & exiting. “Um, thank you sir, this will help keep the inmates in line… if there’s nothing else for me, I will be going.” The warden nodded as he did dozens of times a day, across dozens of meetings & people.

Kino stood outside, looking at Aidan as he emerged, “If you’d like, go ahead & get to the 23rd floor right now, I’ll be there shortly, I have someone I need to call” they nodded & disappeared. He felt bad for her getting stuck with more work but he couldn’t focus on that right now, Aidan rarely was up here if he could help it so now was the best chance… He headed over to the central comms station, getting an ensign to get him where he wanted.

“What will it be sir?”

“Delay this message to Dawston 1st & Cogo Altus at 727A-858F-919Y” The ensign worked the dial, “Whats the message?”

“New information drawn, over. Be advised, Stardust pirates still at large, over…Please return information on ‘royal bloodlines’ when next best accessible on Stardust. Awaiting further orders, over…".”

Last edited:
The Rat King burst through his ice barrier with speed belied by it's size, as well as with undeniable power. Snapping off a pair of shots from his ice pistols only seemed to draw it's attention. Remembering the wolf fight on Yakone, Ray wasn't eager to test the defensive limits of his Logia-type Fruit Powers. The Rat King tried raking with his claws, but Ray was quick on his feet, dancing out of their range, but not out of range of the Rat King's tail. It lashed out in his direction, forcing him to bend over backwards to avoid it, losing his balance and landing on the ground. “LURO!” he cried, hoping the sharpshooter, or anyone else, wasn't too preoccupied to help.

Suddenly a knife flew out of nowhere, embedding itself into the Rat King's haunch, drawing it's attention long enough for Ray to get back up and away from the beast. Ray eye caught Durant at the edge of the battle, nodding in his direction. Ray didn't have time to consider the Ceranian's surprise altruism. In between the Rat King and the swarm of smaller ones, they'd be overwhelmed in moments. “We can't hold this position! What do we do?”

PdmUtGn.jpg

Luro knelt down hunched over and sighing a bit as he followed behind everyone, it was getting to a point crawling on his hands and knees was starting to look pretty good, but he didn't want to run on all fours after everyone, he got in trouble doing that in the past. He could still hear Nura's voice yelling at him causing him to flinch slightly. He found little comfort walking through the sewer but at the very least the scent was nice. Luro took a deep breath in a content sigh escaping from him as a small smile formed on his face.
"Ah that smell brings back memories...all that's missing is the smell of burning corpses...," Luro said chuckling a little.
He was pulled from what were happier times hearing there was a clearing, he took one last deep smell in before walking through raising his body glad to be in an opening. Moving his hands to his back he stretched a bit a small groan escaping from him as he scanned the area. Seeing their were four exits he reached up and rubbed the side of his head, glancing over at the person who didn't want to divide their numbers any, he glanced back counting the people seeing there were more than four, they could each go through there with someone, and just yell if it's the right one right?

"...wonder if Ray can make ice clones..." Luro mumbled. "...wait if he makes ice clones would I need to call them all Ray that's too complicated...well I could call one Kareth and the other Mikchail...wait why do I know those names..."
He was pulled from his thoughts as Bannon drew the group's attention over something, seeing the man draw his spear Luro moved a hand to his rifle his eyes moving around the area. He was about to ask Bannon what was going on when the creature appeared, Luro's gaze rose to take in the creature his small smile slowly forming into a wide grin as it towered over the group.
"Woo! Look at the size of it! I get the keep it after we kill it!"
Luro leapt back as the creature started lashing out his eyes moving to find a place he could use to get a bit of height on the giant rat, seeing the staircase he grinned and sprinted towards it running past Ray as he heard him call his name.
"I got him Ray!" Luro said running up the stairs.
Luro leapt off the platform toward the giant creature pulling his gun off his back as he flew through the air, his arm back rifle in his hand he fell towards the creature's skull. He started to bring his rifle down but the creature turned its body and slammed it into Luro throwing him back.
"Wah!"
Luro hit the wall hard and bouncing off fell to the ground, a small groan escaped from him as he raised his gaze, seeing the rat's tail hovering above him he quickly rolled out of the way as it came slamming down. He ran towards the other stairs laughing as he unlocked his gun a loud click coming from it as he ran sideways eyeing the creature.
"Keep it busy!" One of the pirates yelled.
Three pirates sprinted forward after prying the rat's off them, two of them towards the rat king to try and help keep its attention, one of the pirates yelled and spinning hurled a buckler at the rat, the shield flew through the air a bright glint flying off its metal top as it slammed into the rat king and promptly hit the ground having no effect on the creature.
"Who throws a shield!" One of the pirate said running past him. "That's so stupid, just use your cutlass."
"...telling me what to do," the pirate said drawing the cutlass at his side.
He didn't get a chance to attack the king rat however as the smaller rat's kept coming, a groan escaped from him as he started slashing at the one's on the ground.
One of the pirates neared the giant rat and tried to hit it with a belaying pin repeatedly, avoiding the smaller creatures in the process.
"Whooo!" Luro laughed as he flew through the air again grabbing onto the rat's fur, he kept a firm grip as the creature thrashed around, Luro laughed as he held on trying to reach for his rifle only to move his hand back to the creature's fur.
The other pirate kicked and tried to get rid of the rat's still coming from below, one of the pirates drew a duckfoot pistol and fired down at the rat's, only to miss hitting anything in the process. With a low growl he pulled off his flintlocks and started shooting them kicking any that got close as he reloaded. The other was in a pile of rat's trying to throw them off him to no avail.
"Tell my wife I loved her sister!" the man yelled his hand poking out of the furry monstrosities.