Pilgrim's Reach

Walking out to the end of his vehicles holding cells he looked around in the dark, he heard nothing but his own breathing. He knew something was out there, just not where. leaving the safety of his dimly lit cell he walked along the dark wall to he came to a light panel. *flick* the sound echoed around the cavernous bay, slowly but surely light after light came on in the bay. looking around he say an open hole in one of the vents. (Definitely a parasite.)
Grabbing a portable flame torch off one of the racks near the light panel he started it up, (Find it and burn it.) He thought to himself. (Then inform maintenance of the problem, they'll hate me for it, but its got to be done.) One by one he started going through vehicle sections, starting next to the vent opening.
By the third section, he was starting to lose faith, he entered into the recon section, rows of small but fast ranging to bigger but better equipped, motorcycles/cars were in here.
(If i dont find this parasite soon, im just gonna get security to do a sweep and take care of this. Its to dangerous to do this alone.)

Draug looks at the Sec Chief and raises an eyebrow then decides to speak not knowing if he knew sign language. " Um... Okay I just tapped one on the shoulder not my fault he freaked out, but I see your point you can trust me not too cause trouble on the field or in the Carrier. I'm not here to make your job harder Lieuftenant... Sorry If I caused you trouble." With that he walks back to his dark corner and begins reading his book again.

Metris' clamped her hand tighter over her mouth to hold her inwhen the well-worn black boots stopped mere inches from her face. If she so much as breathed on them, he would look under the car. . .

Her heartbeat was too loud in her ears.

The boots were still in her face. He was standing there too long. Was he searching the car? Had he already spotted her shadow? Metris closed her teary eyes and fought the urge to whimper.

"
To gotta stay calm, baby girl." Papy whispers in his dry voice as he tends to the bite. "Always got to think."

Metris opened her eyes. Her heart began to beat a little slower. Her eyes searched.

A shiny, metal bolt lay next to her hand. It must have rolled under when she knocked over the table.

The power switch was on the wall, just on the other side of the car.

Slowly, Metris grasped the bolt. She inhaled deeper, in order to constrict her frame, and make it easier to shift her weight in order to get a better shot at the power switch.

She did always have a good pitch.

The power switch exploding in a fit of sparks and smoke, just before the lights flickered and died. The air near the power switch ignited in a burst of flame, before the hangar was once again filled with darkness.

Marde, he had a flame torch.

The boots were no longer in front of her. He was running toward the power switch. She could hear him whisper into his commlink.

"This is Corporal Faerich, I'm in the vehicle hangar. I've encountered something hostile, assuming it's a parasite. Send back up."

She crawling now, under the cars, in the opposite direction.

Liutennant moro was speaking to the members of the security taff when his comm sounded.

"This is Corporal Faecher, I'm in the vehicle hangar. I've encountered something hostile, assuming it's a parasite. Send back up."

He grabbed it and spoke inot the device. "This is Liutennent Moro I'm on my way. He waved for the security to follow him. They hurried out of the room and into the corridor. They entered a lift that would take them to the vehicle bay. He spoke into his comm again. " This is Lieutennent Moro, Order all personnel to evacuate the vehicle bay, there is a possible hostile of unknown intent. I repeat order the evacuation of the vehicle bay." Moro heard a calm voice over the intercom "This is security all personnel please avoid the vehicle bay, until further notice." he knew that in the bay itself it would be saying, "all personnel evacuate the area immediately."

Moro and the other security personnel drew their weapons. The elevator was about to reach their destination.

Reactions: 1 person
Sprinting to the heavy vehicle sector, Evacuation alarms blaring all around, hes thinking to himself, (Great, the door is on the other side of the vehicle bay, well screw this im getting in my tank! no way a parasite can get me in there!) Finally reaching his precious Mammoth Tank, he releases the all the safety precautions holding his giant beast from moving, causing even more alarms to go off. After doing so, he grabs his pilots helmet off the table and puts it on. (The helmet interfaces with the tank and shows him potential targets, I.R. scans from the sensors mounted on the tank, etc.) Climbing on to of the top of it, he opens the hatch to the tank, and drops in, quickly closing the hatch behind him. he moved to the pilots seat, started up the nuclear engine and drove right into the middle of the bay, activates the tanks brakes, and gets into the gunners turret.
Finally having a chance to catch his breath he swivels the tanks massive turret towards the recon section, waiting for the I.R. (infrared-basically shows me any heat signatures.) scan to complete. Knowing full well that, his tank had gun safeties on, and that none of the AA/AP rockets were loaded.

Draug hearing the security warning followed the security staff to the elevators and snuck into one going down to the vehicle bay for all those about to leave the vehicle bay. (Weird no one is in this one.) He waits for the door to ding and open up. ( Maybe there is no one in because the sec team is going to be down there first securing the area before anyone else.) Draug waits for the doors to open.

The Doors open and he jumps out before a rush of people swarm into the elevator. ( That was close.) Noticing the sec team taking strategic positions and covering every one he moves up and notices a tank in the middle of the vehicle bay with its guns pointed were the recon and heavy vehicle sections were. ( Christ I hope its not loaded?) Draug holds position by the door until all personnel are out besides he and the sec team. He moved up to the Security chief then and says, " There's still someone in the tank it looks like but I can't see any thing by the Mechs or Heavy vehicles, I'm not sure about the recon sector though too many low lying vehicles."

"Ping!" chimed a flashing icon near the bottom of his vison, calling it up with a roll of the eyes, it appears to be a real time view of the I.R. sensors, ignoring the security squad's setup, he notices there was one other heat source in the bay. It was a relatively small signature, coming from under one of the recon vehicles. (Thats odd.) he thought, puling down the helmets mic, he activated the short wave-length radio and set it on the Ezekiel's security channel.
*KSSHHH*
"Lt. Moro, this is Cpl. Faerich in the Mammoth Tank, weapons are disabled so no worries there, however I.R. scans are showing a small heat signature to your left near the recon vehicles. Be careful."
*KSSHHH*

Lucas had returned to his destinated chamber in order to meditate. He barely had much space to sit on, their room was filled up by bags, weapons and ammo, not to mention the two sets of bunk beds. The room was pretty standard to his expectations, like a metallic box. At least they were kind enough to have placed a crucifix just above and inbetween the beds.

He was making one last check on his rifle when Mr. Wakefield had called them in for a meeting. Someone had mentioned something about a dice-game, he had been looking forward to it, some of his best memories from the wasteland was countless hours of peace being spent at a table with his colleagues playing cards. Letting the crew get to know each other better was a positive initiative from the Command.

To much of his dismay, the scene wasn't exactly what he had expected when he arrived. D'Andrea entered the meeting and had decided to watch the others partake from a distance as he only had himself to blame for getting there late. What he witnessed was not pleasant. He knew that there had been some trouble with certain individuals getting along within the crew, but what had happened in there was simply ridicilous. He was surprised to see, some of the soldiers he had worked with before and how they acted. He didn't remember them being this badly behaved. He praised Sabrina's energetic nature, her attitude however, was disturbing. If this sticky situation was not to be dealt with immidiaetly he feared it would have an impact on how they acted as a collective during the long road ahead. He had left without a word, there were enough chefs in this meeting, he didn't want to cause even more trouble than there already seemed to be.

Lucas took one last deep breath of air through his nostrils before he opened his eyes. He was at peace, all the ruction in his mind was gone. While he was alone, it'd be best to feed Muton. Muton was the sheep he had brought home from his last mission. Sheeps in the wasteland were predators hunting in packs. And even though it had acted hostile to wards him the first couple of weeks, with his patience and kindness, it seemed to have taken a liking to his business of taming it. Now it only lashed out a bit every now and then when it was rubbed in the wrong way.

Lucas opened the bag, Muton jumped out, clearly happy to see his mentor. It made some pleasing noises, stretching it's legs. Lucas searched through another sack, found a smaller plastic sack and opened it. Snack-time! Muton ran around in circles, it was his first meal of the day. Lucas dropped it on the floor, a big chunck of raw meat with carrots and other veggies mashed into it. Muton jumped on it and bleated a little while eating. Lucas smiled and patted it on it's back.

Shortly after running around for a while, Lucas herded it back into it's bag. He had cleared it with the inspectors back in Vladimir that it was okay to bring his little experiment along, how the crew would react to it, was another matter. All he knew was that this creature was not a predator in it's natural state, he was hoping this would be a step in the right direction.
It was around this time the alarm went off, Lucas got up and opened the door to the hallway, halting as one of the security guards hastily ran by. D'Andrea could only question if they had already started to fight among themselves.

"Dammit."

It was the closest thing to anger you would ever hear from Wakefield. And the word was whispered, frantically, as he mopped the table. One of the security team had knocked over his drink when the alarm sounded, and now the character sheets were wet. As quickly as he could, Wakefield had selected a Grade 3 cloth from behind the bar and started mopping up the spill. He moved the character sheets and manuals to the dry spot as a cold sweat appeared on his brow.

"Sir...?" Gregor was standing on the opposite side of the table, his uncovered eye frowning. Sabrina was next to him, similarly intrigued by the Counsellor's strange desperation.

"One moment," Wakefield said softly and continued scrubbing.

"But Sir, we've got an intruder ale--"

"One moment," he repeated.

"The Bridge needs you to--"

"One moment." Wakefield took the cloth back to the bar, binned it, then washed his hands with soap. Gregor and Sabrina watched him throughout. After the third wash he came back with a vacuum-seal bag and slipped the manuals and paperwork inside. "Okay. What's the situation?"

They moved across the Rec Room, Gregor reading from his PDA as other staff followed, including the curious Sabrina. "Corporal Faerich raised the alarm. Somethin' sniffin' round the hangar deck. He's in Big Mamma now taking a look."

"He's in a tank?"

"Mhm." Gregor grunted.

"Searching for an intruder... in a tank?"

"Guess he got scared."

Wakefield made a note to raise the issue of protocol at the next staff meeting. An accident was bound to happen if people made a habit of mobilizing tanks to deal with internal security breaches. Passing his manuals to an ensign, he continued down the dorsal corridors, which were some of the better illuminated on the Ezekiel. The faces of his staff were lit by intermittent red and blue strip-lights and he played with the cuffs of his longcoat as he listened.

"The Lt's down there with his team, and Draug's in tow. They've got the bay shut down."

"What are your thoughts?"

Gregor used his PDA to scratch his stubbled chin as he pondered. "We're miles from the Straggler camps. Maybe a Vargr, but it'd have to be one clever pooch. A Gargoyle wouldn't fit through the vents. And if it's a Shade or an Archangel, the Corporal would'a been dead in pieces on the hangar deck by now."

"Could be false alarm," Wakefield's voice was smooth beneath the chiming sound of the alarm klaxons. "Maybe we have vermin in the vents." He cringed at the prospect. "Seven days in and the soldiers are showing signs of restlessness. I may need you to provide some Surface training, Gregor. I think the exposure to sunlight and open environments is causing a--"

Wakefield stopped as they turned a corner and almost collided with Lucas. The soldier was stood in the doorway of his room, watching the other staff rush by. Wakefield continued towards him and wrinkled his nose at the smell of raw meat coming from the room. "Sergeant D'Andrea. We have a situation on the Hangar Deck. We'll need you team on standby."

Lucas nodded, then caught Wakefield peering past him into his room. "Is your... pet accounted for?"

"Yes Sir. It's not my sheep running around, I assure you."

"Good." Wakefield wiped his hands on his coat, somehow feeling that there were already sheep hairs floating towards his airways. "Good." he said again and continued onwards.

After another minute clonking down the dorsal corridor, Wakefield and his staff filed into the Bridge, the huge viewscreen auto-dimming to reduce the glare of the wasteland sunlight. People took their stations as Wakefield picked up the comms-device on his command chair and held it to his ear.

"Lieutenant Moro. This is Wakefield. I'm on the Bridge. What's your status?"

"This is Moro, we have locked down the vehicle bay, i have about fifteen of my men with me. The Corporal who raised the alarm has informed us of an unidentified heat signiture, I was about to investigate." Moro shifted postions. The other security personel had accessed a panel full of assault weapons and where distributing them amongst themselves. moro was beginning to think that things weren't that bad yet.

Moro moved slowly towards the vehicle that the corporal had indicated. The other members of the security team followed in formation. He came within four feet of the vehicle, and kneeled to the ground. The security personnel circled the vehicle. "My name is Liutennant Moro, I am head of the Ezekiel's security force.We have you surrounded. I am going to ask that you move out from under the vehicle, slowly and where I can see your hands." Moro suspected it was a stowaway, anything else would have killed the corporal before he had had a chance to call for help.

The heat signature in question was very small, it was difficult for Faerich to make out the shape of it, since it was crawling beneath the vehicles.

And then, just as suddenly, the signature vanished.

Metris silently slipped into the vehicle, hoping to hide in the back until her pursuers gave up their search. Curling up to make herself smaller, Metris slipped underneath the bucket seat and waited.

In the darkness, Metris reached out to touch the scar on her wrist, tracing the puckered flesh points where the snake's venom had once seared. It was a comfort. Something was stabbing into her thigh painfully.

Metris shuffled a minute, retrieved the object and tried to make it out, but to no avail. It felt like a disc of some sort. Metris slipped it down the front of her zipped up jacket, with her Papy's journal.

She did not realize they were searching for her with an infared sensor, otherwise, she would not have allowed her back to press up against the side wall of the Merky. Her heat signature slowly began to show through.

Soon, all of their commlinks fired to life with Faerich's report.

"It's in the Merky!"

Luckily for Metris, the commotion that followed gave her more than enough warning to scurry from the back and out the driver's door. Unfortunately, in her haste, Metris' hand hit the ignition button, and the sleek vehicle roared to life.

"EEP!"

Metris struggled to free herself from the tangle of seatbelts, knocking the accelerator with her foot just after she fell out of the car.

There was a dreadful crash as the Merky speed forward, out of control, straight into a stack of metal barrels.

Which tipped over onto several oncoming soldiers. Metris could hear their cries of surprise as she scurried, on her stomach, under the cars once again, toward the ventilation grate.

Sorry, sorry, sorry!

Hopefully no one was too hurt.

Faerich flinched as one of the recon vehicles slammed right through a bunch of stupidly piled barrels however, the vehicle was now knocked off course by the barrels was on a collision course for his tank like it was shaken by a wild thang.
Faerich barely had time to react as the out of control vehicle slammed into the front left tread of his tank. Looking, he saw the tank was reltively unharmed, however the recon vehicles front was destroyed, turning the turret to where the vehicle had been he saw there was a disturbingly small and quickly retreating trail of heat heading towards an area behind a wall where the tank couldn't see.
*KSSHHH* Lt. Moro are your men okay?, that was the wrong vehicle!, anyways whatever it was has retreated away to where my sensors cant see, your on your own!*KSSHHH*

[DASH="blue"]Sabrina had followed the others out to the bridge when they had gone to check out the oddities. During the move, she had taken out a roll of film from her pocket and fitted into the camera.

She almost laughed when she saw what was going on, but when she saw the way everyone else was reacting, she thought better of that behavior and only chuckled quietly before snapping off a few pictures of the vehicular mishap.

"Oh, this is good.... Wait... Who's transport is that?"
She asked quietly before snapping off a final picture, this one of the odd girl that was trying to escape that seemed to be in view.

"Wait.... I haven't seen this chick around... Should I have?" Sabrina continued with her questions as she pulled the roll of film out and gently deposited it back into her pocket as she looked at the people around her.

"Waaaaaaakefeild... Do you know?"
She asked, poking the man in the shoulder slightly, then again, a little harder. "Hey!"

Sabrina quickly lost interest and looked through her viewfinder at everyone, setting off the flash a few times.
[/DASH]

In all the chaos and confusion that went on, Sandor was left behind at the table without a clue of what was going on. One minute they were talking about psych evaluations the next minute Moro was talking into his comm. link and warning alarms sounded all over the platform. Gregor, Wakefield, and Sabrina were already walking out the door headed to the bridge.

"Corporal Faerich raised the alarm. Somethin' sniffin'..."

The rest of the conversation was lost as the trio passed through the doorway, this left Sandor alone at the table.

"How does anybody know anything about what the heck is going on… or know where the feck to go if nobody says anything!" Sandor muttered with a fair measure of annoyance as he stood up and quietly pushed in his chair. At a brisk jog he left the Rec Room via the door on the opposite side than the one that led to the bridge.

Navigating the corridors he had already committed to memory and dodging other personnel he quickly arrived at his destination. Shoving his body against the bulkhead door he opened it and arrived in a much larger room than the Rec Room, the Forward Hanger. There were a few deck crew mechanics and flight crew already on deck. Sandor glanced reassuringly at the small Firefly gunships parked in a neat row. Near them were a few larger VTOL transports. All primed, clean, and ready to go at a moment's notice.

"Sandy! There you are, you've been missing out!" One of the pilots called out, half dressed in a flight suit. Sandor glanced at him with puzzlement until the pilot, waved enthusiastically for him to come over. Sandor noticed a group of flight crew, mechanics, and a few soldiers clustered around a wireless radio propped up on a work bench. He could hear it squawk as he approached.

"Lt. Moro are your men okay? That was the wrong vehicle! Anyways whatever it was has retreated away to where my sensors can't see, you're on your own."

"You would not believe the shiiiiite that is going on down there Sand…"

" Copy that" Moro looked over his people. he began to pick throught he barrels. He uncovered all of his people, none had been killed. " Command this is moro, you can lift the lockdown." The sounds of klaxens and the flash of lights stopped soon after. "Call a med team down here. and get the rest of security down here to do a sweep." he said to one of the security personnel near him. "but sir whatever it was went off that way shouldn't we follow?" Moro looked up at the young soldier. " Whatever it was is not hostile, forcing it into a corner might make it hostile, and by the way, it's a person, most likely female." the soldier looked confused but didn't say anything more. A group medical personnel had arrived and were preparing the injured personnel to be moved to the sickbay. Moro turned to the next highest ranked member present." If you will excuse me i want to go take a look at something. Mind taking care of all this." The soldier saluted and replied with a "Sir!". moro made his way from the scene. he found a place where no one could see him. he sat down on the ground and looked at his hands,they were beginning to shake.

Shutting down the mammoth tank, Faerich popped open the hatch and sat on top of the tank, helmet still on, for a couple of minutes, then he jumped down and inspected the crashed merky in his front track until the cleanup crew got to him, standing off to the side as the cleanup crew pulled off the merky from his tank; He saw that there wasn't that much damage to the merky or his tank. Just a very noticeable imprint of the guards of his track on the front of the merky. His mammoths track guards were fine otherwise.
When the cleanup crew signaled to him he climbed back into his tank, started it up and reversed back into the holding cell with the turrets back in place. after he did this he shut down the radios, then shut down the tank ad climbed out pulling off and putting his helmet on the table.
Leaving the vehicle bay he took an elevator up to his room's floor and entered, hearing an audible MRaooww as his cat, Captain Bubbleh came to greet him, "Why hello there little one. I bet your hungry." Faerich said to Captain Bubbleh as he went to get the captain some food.
After feeding his cat Faerich realized hell probably be wanted on the bridge soon for questioning. Exiting his room he proceeded back to the elevator, passing a couple of maintenance personnel in the process.
After arriving on the bridges floor, Faerich simply waited outside in the hall until he was called in.

Looking around Draug saw the open ventilation cover and looked around. " Wake, Lt. Moro she may be in the vents...Over." Draug continued looking around hoping to find the stowaway near by. ( Okay were could she be she couldn't of gotten far.) Draug continued looking around the vent cover and then just hid above it waiting for someone to make a mad dash for it while the sec teams were on the other side of the hangar. ( Okay now I wait.)

[bg=#417C64][Dash=#87fdce]
[size=+1]Gregor[/size]

Standing at his own console, Gregor, rested both of his calloused hands on it as he leaned forward, his eye closed as he listened to Wake responded to the security team. As Wake paused for a response, he opened his eye, and glanced at his superior before shaking his head. "If they can't hack it in an armored fortress, then what're we gonna do when they go outside? You're the psycho... analyzer?" Thinking a moment, he was not quite sure he got Wake's title right, but continued on "Might also want to lock down the hangar if people start firing up vehicles that're filled with a lot of hurt too. Maybe I'm old school from an old military, but I don't remember leveling a boom tube at something when I get suspicious... what the hell are they teaching these kids?" he then finished in an irritated tone, and rubbed his forehead lightly.

"Anyways... I'll get on a plan of action for an outside op for those you want to involve. Perhaps them just setting foot on the Waste will sober them all up some. Any of them have any experience out there, or am I the only one?" Gregor then asked as he hadn't been briefed on the team's talents as in depth as Wake had. He didn't know much more than some of them were soldiers, but that accounted for little when the soldier might not have seen any sorties in the Waste. Being a man who'd survived out there for eight years, Gregor could be assumed to have an ego about it, but he'd known good men who were very talented get claimed by the hell made real on the planet's surface.

Idly, Gregor retrieved his pistol, slid the slide back, verified that a round was chambered, and then returned it to it's holster with the safety on, and then crossed his arms. "Would you like me to go on down there myself, Sir?"

[/dash]
[/bg]

The rush of movement in the rec room broke the good doctor's concentration. His head snapped to the side and he watched as the security team vacated the Rec Room, their purpose was a mystery. However it seemed far more serious than he had first thought. There was a wash of radio communication between almost everyone left in the 'Rec' and one by one the majority left. Getting to his feet, Nick watched as the last of them scurried out of the room like insects and shook the image out of his mind. The apparent problem was proving more serious with each passing moment and it quickly dawned on him that it would be best if he was informed. He watched as Wakefield washed his hands behind the bar and made his way back to where Mr Kalesh and Miss lit.

"Okay, whats the situation?"

Upon hearing this Nick stretched an ear towards the group while making his way to join them. He kept silent, listenin intently to the following conversation, following them across the Rec room. Nick raised an eyebrow at the mention of a tank. He wasn't sure of the exact protocol concerning intruders but he couldn't remember reading anything about a tank being involved in the proceedings. They left the Rec room and continued down the dorsal corridor. Nick tried not to be distracted by the red and blue strip lights across the faces of the group and focused on Mr Kalesh's report. They stopped outside Sergeant D'Andrea's room and were confortned with the smell of raw meat. Nick raised his head and peered into the room to find the source, nothing. 'Pet?'

The continued down the corridor and onto the bridge. This wasn't Nick's first time on the bridge, however the complexities each member of the bridge crew dealt with baffled him. Human biology was far easier to understand that technology, he shook his head. Am I already that old?

Wakefield's eye twitched imperceptibly as he watched the footage from the vehicle deck. The clean-up team were separating the Merky from the Mammoth and examing the track-shaped dents on its hood. It would need remoulding, a full paint job, finishing polish, galvanising storm seal and W-class re-treading on the tyres. Plus he would have to personally vacuum the seats and sterilise the dashboard. Just the thought of that unwashed stowaway in his car was enough to make his stomach turn.

Then he got poked in the shoulder. "Waaaaaaakefeild... Do you know?" He twitched again as Sabrina poked him a second time. "Hey!"

"With respect, Miss Lit," he said crisply as he turned to the reporter, "I would prefer it if you did not touch me."

Stepping past her, he moved to one of the consoles and peered over the operator's shoulder at the readouts. They were extrapolating a bio profile for the intruder. Definitely human, but no one on the crew roster.

"If they can't hack it in an armored fortress, then what're we gonna do when they go outside? You're the psycho... analyzer?" Gregor began as he stood at the adjacent console.

"Counse--" Wakefield started to correct him, but Gregor was already in full swing, "Might also want to lock down the hangar if people start firing up vehicles that're filled with a lot of hurt too. Maybe I'm old school from an old military, but I don't remember leveling a boom tube at something when I get suspicious."

"I underst--"

"What the hell are they teaching these kids?" Gregor snapped whilst rubbing his forehead.

"I understand your concern, Gregor. But when all is said and done, these are not soldiers. They are members of the Vladimir Defence Militia put through a crash course in expeditionary warfare. They've never had to seriously deal with this equipment or this environment until now."

Gregor nodded slowly, well aware of the training debacle that had preceded this mission. "Anyways... I'll get on a plan of action for an outside op for those you want to involve. Perhaps them just setting foot on the Waste will sober them all up some. Any of them have any experience out there, or am I the only one?"

Wakefield glanced across the bridge, noticing Corporal Faerich waiting in the muster hall. His eyes went back to Gregor. "Just you. I suggest you take out some of our more troublesome children when we reach Pertuka Ridge. Command has ordered us to check on the weather station we installed there a few years back."

Gregor listened, even as he checked his pistol and re-holstered it. "Would you like me to go on down there myself, Sir?" he asked with a nod to the uplink screen.

"No. Focus on the away mission for now. I'll have Draughlaw's team deal with the intruder."

Turning, Wakefield shooed Sabrina away from his command chair and took a seat, lifting the comms device. "Lieutenant Moro, continue securing the vehicle bay. Draughlaw, do what you can to track the stowaway. We need her brought in before she damages anything else."