EXERCISE Picture challenge #5 Falling apart

Discussion in 'REFINING WRITING' started by redblood, Jan 3, 2015.

1. INFO: They say that a picture can tell a thousand words. How many can you find?

Each week a new image will be posted, and your challenge will be to write whatever the image inspires you to write. It can be anything as long as it relates to the picture. A plot, a scene, a short story, a poem, a character, etc. You can write as much or as little as you wish. It's not the length that matters, it's what you put into it. There is no time limit to these challenges, so feel free to jump in at any time.

[​IMG]
    (Source)​

2. Because I'm groggy at the moment, I'll just sort of explain what I garner from this picture:

A man is being held captive in an isolated, nondescript medical facility; a very quiet place with equally ghostlike staff. He cannot see, but he knows when they're near from the soft words they exchange with each other in a tongue he does not understand. Their hands rifle through open drawers, shifting aside what he's sure are metal instruments. He lies absolutely still, but for how long he does not know. Time is not a part of his world.
    Every few days the soft-speaking people enter his room, and every few days he feels a prick on his arm. The man experiences an array of otherworldly states of being, sensations so strange that they cannot be described...
    After each one, he remembers less and less of how he came to be in that hospital bed.

• Like Like x 1