1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Historical, fantasy, magic, horror, supernatural, survival, vampires, demons, pirates, mutants, ghosts, romance (FxF, MxM, MxF) (Romance should be part of the plot and not the whole plot in itself), etc.
INFO: They say that a picture can tell a thousand words. How many can you find?

Each week a new image will be posted, and your challenge will be to write whatever the image inspires you to write. It can be anything as long as it relates to the picture. A plot, a scene, a short story, a poem, a character, etc. You can write as much or as little as you wish. It's not the length that matters, it's what you put into it. There is no time limit to these challenges, so feel free to jump in at any time.

there_are_no_monsters_by_alfredsson.jpg

(Source)​

Reactions: Link Loftin
"Excuse me, Madame Painting, may I know where is Mary?" Said the dark-hooded scythe-wielding skeleton.

"What do you want with her?" Said the painting.

"Well, I just want to say..." If he had lips, he'd grin from ear to ear, wait... skeletons are already doing that, "Happy birthday! She's one year closer for my club's eligibility!"

"Oh that, well, she's just right over there, on the stairs, sssh, she wants to surprise you..." The painting chuckled, her finger pointing at one direction.

I hope Uncle Death brings me presents today! Ehehe~ Thought the little girl as she hugged her teddy bear, also from Uncle Death.

Reactions: redblood
The little girl hiccuped, hot tears running down her sheets, knees bunched up under her night gown. She had to be quiet. Hush Anne, Hush Anne, Hush. The teddy bear was clutched to her bony chest, the bear itself coming apart at it's seams. Stuffed animal and poorly nourished child were both terribly filthy, Anne's nails blackened with only god knew what. Screams sounded from the kitchen, glasses being thrown, plates shattering. She knew that she shouldn't be there, well aware of the danger lurking behind the corner, but if she ran up the steps, the creaking of the aged wood would alert her father and Anne couldn't quite reach the top lock of the front door.

"Paul, stop!" her mother screamed and Anne began to sob, her father's heavy foot steps drawing nearer with each passing second until he was looming over her, knife in hand. Anne was grabbed by her hair, her raggedy stuffed bear dropped to the wooden floor.

"Daddy, please stop! That hurts!" Anne screamed and squirmed, clawing at her father's meaty hands to no avail. The rotund man stuffed the knife in the waist band of his pants as he turned to yell at her mother once again. He cursed and spat, mother cried and cried and then little Anne spied the knife in his waist ban. Her pale and bony hand grasped the wooden handle, pulling it free at such a angle that her father got gutted in the process.

A sound woke me that night, tearing me away from dreams of a land forgotten. I sat up A knock? Who would be at our door at this hour? I frowned thinking it might have been Papa. He usually headed downstairs for a snack at that time and I thought nothing of it at first. Snuggling back into my bed, I awaited for sleep to whisk me away once more.
But wait...
The knocking came again and I sat up in bed once more. Why would Papa be knocking on the front door if he was in the kitchen? My feet swung out from under the sheets and dangled over the floor for a moment then I pushed myself from the bed landing with a soft thump, one sock was missing and I figured it must have been kicked off at some point in the night.

With my teddy bear clutched to my chest, I felt secure enough and opened my door slowly looking out. A quick scan yielded nothing looked broken or disturbed. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary and I made my way to the kitchen when the front door began to open. I quickly ran to the stairwell leading up to Mama and Papa's room and sat on the step. I couldn't move another inch and pressed by back to the wall as the door opened further. A chill swept through the house and I shivered slightly holding my teddy bear closer to me and if its fur could warm me.

"I know your there child." Came the voice. It didn't belong to my father and made me even more afraid yet, strangely comforted. I slowly leaned forward looking over my shoulder. I couldn't really see much, but I knew whoever it was still stood in the doorway.

"Who are you?" I called once I had mustered the strength to do so. They paused for a moment before answering.

"I am someone come to keep balance in the world. I will come for you too one day. But do not fear me, as I visit everyone in time."

My confusion began to outweigh my fear and I knew if I faced whomever this was I would begin a journey not many come back from.