EXERCISE Picture challenge #28: In the dark

Discussion in 'REFINING WRITING' started by redblood, Jun 28, 2015.

1. INFO: They say that a picture can tell a thousand words. How many can you find?

Each week a new image will be posted, and your challenge will be to write whatever the image inspires you to write. It can be anything as long as it relates to the picture. A plot, a scene, a short story, a poem, a character, etc. You can write as much or as little as you wish. It's not the length that matters, it's what you put into it. There is no time limit to these challenges, so feel free to jump in at any time.

[​IMG](Source)​

2. He whispered in the dark. "Who goes there!" I yelled blinded by the darkness that had been. I flipped the switch and walked down my long narrow hallway...making creeks and crackles. The wind blew a tree to tap the glass and i stopped in panic. But for some reason the floor kept creaking even without my bail old feet walking on it. The wall carried a thump as if a body had been thrown directly at it. I could feel it in my heart and in the vibration that shook the house. I spoke again clearing my throat "C'mon now Albert..." I walked toward the room taking a cross out of my gown that room was dedicated to my dog for I am lonely at be, good company he is... I opened his room ,and opened my eyes for I hadn't done so in sixty years. but to my surprise to not find him there....not him but me...an old previous me..me when i was young. It spoke only few handing from my ceiling "I have failed you as ...you have failed I...we watch.." I saw this and froze in fear as my last breathe had spoke back "You are Albert...."

• Like Like x 1
  3. "John."

"Yes, Dad?"

"For the last time, you are NOT Spider-man, dammit!"

"B-but-but, mom said I could be anything!"

"Mom... Lied." *Dun dun dun ominous music*

"NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!111oneoneone"

• Like Like x 1