Physical Books vs. E-Books

Which do you prefer?

• Physical books only! I have to have my book smell fix.

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • E-Books only! All hail technology!

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • A book is a book! I like them both the same!

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • What's a book?

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just waaay more convenient for me, honestly speaking, and convenience these days plays a bigger part in my life than anything else ^_^

Reactions: ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ
Well, my Kindle died on me, so I'm out of luck with books until my new one arrives on Saturday. :( Right while I was on the last ten pages of my book. :( Yet another disadvantage to eBooks. I could read it on my computer, but carrying my laptop around get to be annoying.

Smart phone? I have pdfs on my S5 :o

Smart phone? I have pdfs on my S5 :o
Screen's too small. My eyes are shit. If I set it up to where I could actually read it on my phone, there'd be 10 words per page. lol

Awh my condolences D: it was like that with my previous phone. Well some would say this one too (namely my mom ^_^'). Hope it sorts out for you!

It should. I ordered a new Kindle today, and I only have to wait 2 days for it. On the plus side, I get a whole month of Kindle Prime for free, which means access to a lot more books!

^_^ Well that sounds lovely! I hope you enjoy it as much as your last, and more!

lets be honest

@Diana 's uncle is the reason why we switched to e-books

Wan_Shi_Tong.JPG

fuckin' elitist bastard, hiding his library

I use both, but I have the habit of buying the e-book version to read and then buying the hardcover for display. That way they stay in awesome condition. Occasionally I'll buy the paperbacks too because those are the ones I lend out to people if they want to try a book I've been recommending.

I like ebooks because it's easier and lighter to travel with, I like having actual books displayed on my book shelf.

I like both physical books and e-books. I'd prefer to read books I just have an interest in online because it is more convenient. But I want physical copies of my favourite books.

Back in the day, I settled with physical copies of books but when there would be a book I wasn't able to find in a store I turned to e-books.

I prefer physical books. I find it better to concentrate and get lost in them than e-books.

I have a really hard time reading large amounts of E-text. My eyes start to hurt and I am very easily distracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.