Phantasmagoria - a Mahou Shoujo RP

Mandatory mahou shoujo transformation things?

• Ja! (Yes)

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Nein! (No)

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Also, I have a question: will an older girl only ever have one daughter? If so, I can think of a way to both get our characters onto the front lines quicker and up the terror factor considerably.

@Skyswimsky are there hermaphrodite witches?

No mahou shoutas, this is so sad U.U

I'm 99.9% unsure on where to start but I like "multiple limbs" as a trope ('sides-- I practically mercy killed my earlier spider friend) so I'll start from there! Will either go coven-less or make my own.

What character ideas do ya'll have in mind, so far?
I have one in mind, but nowadays I usually revise the character once I see the others, so we'll see what happens.

Yeah that's smart. I'm a wait-er myself.

Daird's character bout to be a sentient fireball??

• Spicy
Reactions: Luma
I'm not sure what I'd do coven-wise. The character art I have floating around for a witch is for a character who is covered in arcane tattoos instead of using a spellbook.

Reactions: twinkletide and Ehb
Staying true to myself, I will be probably making an odd, research-focused coven with an even odder Magical Girl.

Well, with all that interest here+some silent lurkers I am aware of, I'll get up that OOC this week for sure. Sorry, but no character sheet until then either.

*slides in*

Stating my interest.

Also, I have a question: will an older girl only ever have one daughter? If so, I can think of a way to both get our characters onto the front lines quicker and up the terror factor considerably.
I'm so sorry I totally forgot to answer your question. I likely checked hastily on mobile and then it just escaped my mind by the time I could sit properly down. But now, I remembered, since I'm working on the OOC.

Witches can have multiple kids. Can be a few years apart or also twins and so on.

• Sweet
Reactions: Luma
Alright Sky. You've piqued my interest. If only because I had a FC in stock that inspired me.

I was thinking of coming up with a Coven. What if there was a coven based on 'Faith' in a certain higher being that stressed form and beauty in vocal composition when casting their magic in the form of hymn and prayer? They also like using swords.

Basically Witch Crusader Knights dedicated to stamping out evil who may end up being the bad guys somehow.

@Ehb DEUS VULT. Yeah, while I can imagine some complications that make it not work, I can also think of many ways to do it. So that's def. doable.

I'm nearly done with the OOC things and depending on how much time I have tomorrow the OOC should be up either Friday or Saturday.

Also, amidst all of this, I forgot a VERY IMPORTANT PART OF THE GENRE.... magical girl transformations! Do you want them to be, uh, mandatory? I could actually in-cooperate them into the lore no problem. But they'd be more for (mandatory) fun. I added a poll in the thread for this. unless you checked at the speed of light in which case I didn't add it yet

Good Night and happy Thanksgiving/Black Friday! In whichever part of the world you are.

I'm not sure I have a strong opinion either way on the magical girl transformation sequence. On the one hand, genre. On the other hand, it's usually less of one in the "cute witch" side of it, which I still kind of feel like this RP falls under.

No preference but writing out a full transformation sequence every time will get old quickly.

Reactions: Ehb
If it's an option for players to do, I think it'd be all right leaving it optional?
So that players who want to write out lengthy sequences can, and those that don't want to don't have to..?
Also mark me as interested, but still trying to get a better handle on the setting. I might ask questions later..?
Edit - oh, dang, discord access is mandatory, again. Oh, well, uh, maybe my deep opinions on transformations will help some wandering soul!

I am personally on the side of transformation sequences, because I love their flash and format, but I also agree that they should not be mandatory or happen every time a girl gets ready for combat.

Reactions: Ehb
I think if magical girl anime can recycle transformation scenes, we should be able to write lavish transformation posts and then recycle them. Only makes sense, right?

!!!!!!!!!

I'm in.

...or just incorporate the transformations diegetically. Describing the ins and outs of your mahou's awesome new shoes versus her thrusting her hand into a pocket of frozen time, powers singing her fingers and coursing like electricity down her arms -- those fingers closed around the bowstring, she draws back an arm of some heroine indistinguishable and lets the arrow fly.

And then you can customize the 'sequence' to the girl. That's what I want to do. Go ahead and make it optional, for sure, though.

I don't have an opinion on transformations one way or the other.

In unrelated news, I saw something about a discord. Is it up yet?