Phantasm Quest

Extilan's face was consumed with horror as 'Kenny' was slain. The body didn't simply disappear as it had before but it seemed like it was going through an accelerated decay process. In the end, by the time the catboy had reached 'Kenny' all that was left was the red ribbon that he had wrapped around the beast's small horns when he had captured him.

"Why did you do it!? Why did you kill Kenny?!?!"

The catboy kept giving Emdra grief as they headed towards the guarden, his firey rage burned down to a white hot coal of anger. For the next few days, her life was going to be hell. So says Extilan, the catboy who one should not get on the bad side of.

When Spyte mentioned the desert, his short tail shot up and he trembled, momentarially forgetting Emdra. Not there! Not there! NO!

Tieldan had been standing in the shadows in the garden for some time. He was glad when Spyte asked them to meet there, it meant he did not have to move. Seth always seemed to brood anymore. He hated being here.

As spyte spoke he watched her carefully, looking for anything unusual, anything that might suggest that something is wrong. The only thing he noticed was the sligh hesitation before mentioning the mountains. Extilan made a scene at the mention of the desert. Tieldan could see why. He had spent quite a good time in the desert, it could be a very very dangerous place.

" I would suggest mount Adonis." He said sullenly. "I know the place well. I spent a good amount of time thre leveling up one of my other characters."

It felt weird saying that. his real life seemed so distant. It almost as if it never existed at all but was a story, some legend made up to ge a child to sleep. He felt lke this place was taking over his mind, he was no longer thinking or acting like he used to, he felt like he was turning into Tieldan Dragonblood. He had to get out of here, and fast.

Rikimaru slowly stretched out and ignored all the yelling that he had been hearing instead he put away his harp and strung it around his back so that it would stay put where he could grab it. Once his weapon was put away he walked on over to the group and yawned while listening to Spyte. She mentioned a few areas which sounded intriguing but to him the Desert sounded like a pain, one he would want out of the way first.

"Well Spyte i think that we should go to the desert first and get the worst out of the way. I personally hate the sand and the scorching heat but if we decided to take a few scrolls of cold and maybe wear some cloaks it might not be that bad. We would also have to make sure that we would have the necessary provisions and all that jazz. Oh and we might want to bring a faster mode of transportation for you. Maybe we could hire some sort of mount for you. After all we dont want to tire you out."

He wasn't trying to be mean or anything to Spyte but he knew that all of them could move rather quickly while Spyte's movement was rather lacking in the speed department. Sure she could get some places that others couldn't but it wouldn't be too beneficial if they had to stop every ten minutes to wait for her.

"So. Ive said my bit on where we should go but i know mine isn't the only voice so i guess ill have to wait on you guys."

Magia observed as others entered the garden. Playtime was clearly over. It was now time for her and the others to think of how they were going to get to the floating island and thus free themselves from the game. Magia listened to her leader, Spyte, with momentary attention before her own thoughts put a mischievous look back on her face.

I'm not even sure if I wanna leave. Heck, is there really anything to look forward to when I get back? I wonder . . . Magia pondered the situation as others aided Spyte. Of course I would love to prance around and get lost in the forest, but what would be the best place? Magia continued pondering as others began to speak. Figuring that she should save the best for at least later if not last, and the worst for first, she finally spoke.

"To the desert, to the desert we should go!" Magia chimed in merrily.

Equintus had his arms crossed over his chest as he listened to Spyte, nodding to himself as he spoke, considering the best place for him to go. Centaurs weren't small, and tight quarters were a blessing and a curse for him. He could use his body to better block off the vulnerable members of the guild from harm, but he could also wind up cutting them off from where they needed to go once he got into a melee.

So that left out the dungeons, and possibly parts of the mountains and forest, depending on how much room there was to maneuver. So as much as he disliked the idea of dealing with the heat and the sand now that he could feel everything...

"I'm voting for the desert too. I think me and Mereel will be the most useful there. It won't be comfortable, but I think you're... light enough to wrap around me or him. There'd be a speed penalty but I think it just maxes out our speed at the human running pace."

It was something he'd really only seen suggested on the fan forums in the real world, most people found other workaround for naga slowness. But those people had search engines and wikis. So as much as he wasn't looking forward to a snake wrapped around his lower half... well, it would be interesting.

Alchemilla listened as Spyte explained the tasks that were ahead of them. The thought of going in to another desert was not appealing in the least, she was still finding bits of sand in places she never thought she had from the last time she had gone to a desert. On top of that it was incredibly hot, moving across sand was slow because of how easily the sand shifted, and did she forget to mention how hot it was?

"Are there enough of us to split up in to two groups? I've had my fair share of deserts lately, the drab beige landscape doesn't go well with my clothes, and the sun isn't that great for my complexion at all! I'm much more suited to something in a delightful forest green, it really brings out the colour of my eyes, " she batted her eyes at everyone jokingly. Almost everyone knew that Alchemilla had been a man in the real world, and she liked to over-exaggerate the fact that she was female. In truth, she didn't really care where they went, just as long as the quests got completed and resulted in them making it home safely.

"In all seriousness, I think it would be best if we could split up. That way we get these quests done faster, and I can get back to walking around my apartment wearing nothing but my boxers. Otherwise it doesn't really matter where we go first," she said.

Emdra could tell that she would be in for a lot of hell after killing off 'Kenny", Extilan was not someone that you could get away with upsetting. She just prayed that he wouldn't do anything to extreme, she was a shy person deep down and anything to extreme might bring her to tears or worse. However, she wasn't to worried, Extilan wouldn't to anything to put a mission at risk and this mission was quite important considering it was the one way to get them guild out of the game and back home.

At the mention of going to the dessert, Emdra grimaced. She had nothing against it except that she always seemed to get sad in her shirt and no matter what she did she would always trigger random attacks from weaker monsters there. The forest would be much better, after all, she was marked as a forest elf.

"I agree with Alchemilla. Last time we were in the dessert I nearly used up all of the guilds healing potions and mana potions with all the random attacks that happened to me. Plus, as an forest elf I give us a negotiations bonus so we can get better deals on supplies and other things. If we do the forest quest first then we can stock up on items for the harder ones on a discount. Also, the splitting up isn't a bad idea either, we'd cover more ground that way." Emdra voiced, cleaning off her staff quickly so that she wouldn't make Extilan angrier.

"Well, I could go get whatever it is you need for you," he said with a lop-sided smile. It was more a rogue-ish grin, and something seemed to sparkle in his eyes as he looked at the snake-woman. He didn't see a beast as she probably saw herself. Likewise, he didn't see himself as a beast, either! While it was strange, and a bothersome chore sometimes, he adapted. He likened himself as to having gifts others didn't have.

This little exchange was given before they all sat down for their meeting, though. Mereel recalled bits and pieces of it, and wondered if Spyte appreciated any of the flirting he had done since and after. He was kind, if anything, and had been confiding in her about how he was handling their transition to this 'perfect' virtual world.

"I think we should split up, too. Cover as many places as we can, and hit the secret dungeon last. Something tells me, uh... Well, one, it will probably be the most difficult. Two, we'll need gear for it, I feel. Better weapons, better armour... You know how this all goes, right? I'm not a newb. This just reeks of 'epic dungeon'."

He muttered a bit to himself after, and stomped around a bit on his hooves as he got himself comfortable.

"I'll go to the desert, but I'd rather go to the Forest. Mountain? Fuck the mountain! I hate climbing with... these." He clopped around a bit more, and made a pouty-cum-angry face as he crossed his arms.

"Doesn't matter."

Lars idly tossed the dagger up and down, barely catching it by the hilt each time with his fingertips. He pulled himself from the surface he was leaning on, somewhat looking like he was unsticking himself from the surface he had until just a moment ago been part of in peripheral vision. He found that he quickly got stiff if sitting idle - perhaps he was not used to this body, was not used to managing the muscles and tendons in a way that allowed him to stay still for long periods of time.

"I can go alone to a different area than the rest of you. The way I do things, we'd only get in each other's way."

Everyone's opinions were taken into account. Of course, there were complaints as well. In the body of their game characters, they experienced the harsh conditions of these places. Spyte herself was not fond of them, especially the mountain as everyone knew. A sheepish smile showed in her lips, as her sluggishness was brought up. It was true, she slowed them down at times. Finding mounts for her to fit on could be difficult, but with the others' help, she could accomplish anything.

"Oh! Well, there's the option of Haste Potions," she remembered, with an assuring nod. Although they were temporary effects, that speed was worth any amount of gold.

Dividing into groups was not a bad idea. From the looks of things, most votes went towards the desert and the forest. Spyte's environment of expertise was the forest, but she could tolerate the heat of the desert much easier than others. That's where she would go, she decided. She and the centaurs, and anybody else willing to go along.

"I will go to the Malefic Desert, then. I do not mind it there. We'll split into two groups, one to the forest and one with me, to the desert. With Tieldan's guidance, some of us can brave that mountain. I know how challenging that climb can be... We'll save that quest for later, though.

Form teams with balance in mind. Unless you'd like for me to assign you myself."

Spyte's attention then went to Lars, who mentioned going someplace alone. He was known for taking solo missions, which she never minded. These quests required teamwork, though. She pondered, though, on what he could do...

"I'm sure the forest party could use your help, Lars. You could set traps for bandits who hideout there, and scout ahead for danger. There are lots of places a rogue can hide, you know? If that's not out of the way for you, then maybe I can think of something else."

She smiled thoughtfully.

The decision to split up pleased Alchemilla, at least momentarily. While she would rather go to the forest, that might not be where she was needed the most given her role as a healer. That meant she had to put the group before herself in most cases, since staying alive was a priority.

"While I would prefer going to the forest, I'm ok with being assigned to whichever team needs a healer more."