Phantasm Quest

Our guild name is...

• Skyland Knights!

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Thanks for voting.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Harpy! I love that healer so much. She's so fabulous, and her player is so ADORABLE. <3 You have 5 items too many, though. n_n

Glad you're interested, Riana. I'm happy to see you getting back into roleplaying. Take your time. :3 It'll be a while until I can get the IC written up. I have a really awesome group so far.

In case people were curious, when I start the IC, we will have already been sucked into the game. Like, a few days or so have passed and we're still trying to figure out what to do.

Finished making my Sign Up. Had to edit a few times after I got it up for formatting and spelling and stuff, but it's finally up! xD

Phantasm Quest Application~

Acqua up there reccomended me to try this RP out. And indeed, after reading the backstory, I'm drawn in. x] Well, here goes nothing. Sorry it's so…painfully long and boring compared to the others. @_@; I have a habit of overwriting but then not writing good.

Name: Jason Shalorne

Sex: Male.<o:p></o:p>
Personality: Two-faced. Distant, sharp; Loyal, easygoing, and understanding.<o:p></o:p>

How long have you been playing the game?:
8 years. Since the beginning, during CBT. A very experienced player.<o:p></o:p>

Relationships: Friends with Marie/Magia. (Will edit more into this!)<o:p></o:p>

Life:
Rich family, was a major geek during his school years- which of course, brought him to Phantasm Quest. When his parents divorced when he was sixteen, he became extremely absorbed in PQ to escape his family demons. (During this time, there is something important that happens- look in history) His father disappears. He had planned to go straight for college after he graduated, but put his life on hold to take care of his mother.
However, his mother lost to the stress soon, plaguing her with a sickness that induced her into a coma. She goes on life support. Being extremely rich, it was possible- but If she dies in her sleep, or is taken of life support, she would die, leaving Jason the heir to her shipping company. He, meanwhile, works idly at a bartender, since he never got back on his feet to college after the incident. Any time he is free, he plays PQ. <o:p></o:p>
Although mildly handsome, he strays from a social life in real life to allow him to play PQ more…however, he has rethought his life lately and planned to change and open his heart, which had lead him to the guild, sparking quite the twist.
<o:p></o:p>
Name: Incompl_te

Sex:
Female. <o:p></o:p>

Class: Warrior.<o:p></o:p>
Race: Human.<o:p></o:p>

Appearance:
A petite framed girl, but she looks fairly towards the age of nineteen. Seems to be Asian. Dark, deep blueish black hair that is straight-cut at the bangs. The hair reaches her lower back, and begins curling softly at the ends. Her eyes are sky blue, almond-shaped, and are lined with thick, dark eyelashes. Tends to look like she has the thousand-yard stare, although when focused, her eyes are sharp and seem to twinkle. Small, but thick eyebrows. A very clean, pale complexion; always a bit of a blush around her cheeks. Dainty fingers, and thin arms. Her legs are considerably long in ratio to her body, and are quite thin as well. Has a very small chest. About 5'2, 98 lbs. Not very curvatious…but "cute". (Picture may come later, sorry for not having one. @_@)<o:p></o:p>

Markings: A very long, ugly slash across her back. She got it during a boss fight with her old friends, trying to protect one that was knocked down.<o:p></o:p>

Weapon:
Dual Romanticism Sabres. Heavier than they seem. Blindingly white blades, with a trace of pink along the edge. The handle is wrapped with red ribbon, ending in bows above the hilts. This ribbon also connects the two blades. A small, gold rose emblem is embedded at the end of the handle of the right sabre. It is said that the swords are forever sharp- until one is lost or broken. The other will then recieve the same fate somehow.<o:p></o:p>

Armour:<o:p></o:p>
· Body: A tight, white suit. It cuts at the shoulders and legs. Has a cuff at the neck. It's edges are outlined with black and through the middle, seeming to split off into a short skirt that is actually attached by a black leather belt. Skirt is open at the front. Provides very little protection, but offers more comfort and movement. Considered quite an odd choice of armor for a warrior, but it was picked due to his want for mobility as a dual sabre.<o:p></o:p>
· Neck: A light pink, very long Romanticism Scarf. It is tattered and worn, and does not provide much of anything at all, but Jason refuses to take it off his character. Being a bit well known in game, people speculate about it.<o:p></o:p>
· Gloves: Onyx-black, plated gauntlets. Stronger than they seem, and can easily block normal attack while providing a more comfortable control over weapons.<o:p></o:p>
· Boots: Matching to his gauntlets. Also covers knee. Very knight-like, but the heavy material- although useful for gaining momentum and provide a very reliable protection to your feet- tires the player out faster.<o:p></o:p>
· Head: A gold rose Romanticism Pin with black and white feather attachments. Seems to unnerve monsters, causing their accuracy to drop and to the weak-souled, lure them to a light daze.<o:p></o:p>

Benefits:
As a human, none. They seem to be the middle point for judgement in these- equality may be an advantage when used well though. As a warrior, high defense whilst being able to inflict a very reasonable amount of damage. Incompl_te/Jason trades some of that defense for power and mobility.<o:p></o:p>

Inconveniences: Having no special abilities. In terms of armor, Incompl_te has many weak spots, forcing her to always have to keep moving.<o:p></o:p>
Inventory: Eight health potions, three teleportation scrolls, one ressurection scroll, a Romantic Heart (an odd item won from the Romantic Sisters that induces love when given to), and two packs of power-up herb powders.<o:p></o:p>

History:
Incompl_te started her adventure to become the topdog; even though Jason, who controlled her, was only twelve at the time. And there was potential. She wasted no time in grinding, hardly ever looking around her, much less making many friends; but her name on the ranks made her popular nonetheless.
However, one day while about to go attempt to solo the Romantic Sisters, he was stopped in his tracks by IMITATION, another top player. He insists on staying with her throughout the run. She is quite irked by this- her first impression was that he was trying to get in her way to victory, being a fellow competitive player. However, IMITATION forces himself in her view and refuses to budge. So, he accompanied Incompl_te to the Romantic Sisters.<o:p></o:p>
During this boss was Incompl_te's first change. He realizes IMITATION is fighting for him, not power, and chooses to do the same. He gets severly harmed trying to protect IMITATION. This let him finish off the boss, and obtain Romanticism Sets for the both of them.<o:p></o:p>
IMITATION picked up a Romantic Heart as well, and hurriedly rushed Incompl_te to a healer.<o:p></o:p>
When she woke up, IMITATION gave her the Romantic Heart, saying that she saved him, and should have it. IMITATION had no idea what the Heart was for…and also had no idea that Incompl_te was actually male, even as they grew extremely close.<o:p></o:p>
And then, IMITATION confessed his liking for "her".<o:p></o:p>
Incompl_te realizes he has never revealed his real gender to IMITATION, and that he also liked him back. Afraid to lose his love, Incompl_te continues to lie about his gender.<o:p></o:p>
Then, all of a sudden, IMITATION disappears. Right off the grid. This is quite a shock to Incompl_te, as he had really grown to love IMITATION, and refuses to belive that something had happened to him in real life. He never reveals his gender, as he is waiting for his return. Eventually, Incompl_te's heart closes once again, a cage around the personality that had sprung up from him during his time with IMITATION.<o:p></o:p>
Two years. He is twenty now, and his mom is in a coma. He begins to change in real life and in the game- from the two small suspicions creeping up on him. That his mother would never wake up, and his love would never return. In real life, he gets a job and begins to search for colleges.<o:p></o:p>
Meanwhile, in game, he decides to give a guild a try. He finds ??? and joins. A couple days later, the guild builds the guild hall.<o:p></o:p>
And here, the magic begins.
Guild Name Ideas: "if", "Only", "Simplicity"

Sort of odd spaces dont show and it keeps messing up the spoilers...hrmm. Oh well. xD

She's wonderful, Dolly. Welcome aboard. Do those "Incompl_te"s mean you're unfinished, or did something weird happen with the coding? xD

EDIT: Also, I'll start the poll for the guild names. Since I have so many, I'm going to allow multiple votes. o__o Then we'll see where that takes us. I wasn't expecting so many... Nor was I expecting this RP to be popular.

Thank you all for the ideas!

Let me know if I listed your ideas correctly, Dolly. <3

Thank you ahh. Oh geez yay I made it in. And yes, Incompl_te is well. Incomplete without the "e". Woo my lame ideas.

I've been sort of looking to play a persona like this. This is the perfect setting to play it out, since Jason sort of wants to be a girl so he doesn't have to lie about it anymore, but then he has real life issues he needs to take care of, etc etc. I'm excited for the launch! 8D

And yes, they're listed correctly~ they look so awfully short compared to the others.

Yayyyyy, my in-game friend signed up! :) Hiiiiiiiiii. Okay, happy moment must be put aside. Should I edit in with Marie's history with Jason or should I just leave my sign up as is?

If you would like, sure. Oh but- I sort of have an interesting idea. Want to meet up in FF's chatbox to discuss?

xD Sorry for the late reply. But sure. Was watching cray-cray siblingz. :L

Name: Kevin Lee
Sex: Male
Personality: Reserved, Quiet, Thoughtful, Facetious, Sarcastic, Kind.
How long have you been playing the game?: 3 years on-and-off.
Relationships: Was a founding member of the guild, then left the game for awhile. While he hasn't been kicked out of it, he hasn't been a very active member. He's currently just a member, and not well known by a vast majority of the guild.
Life: Freshman at a university. He used to play constantly in high school; he was the loner, the odd-one out, so he had nothing better to do. He took a year off between high school and college to work. Now he lives in a single-man dorm in an Honors hall at his state university. In between class and studying, he plays The Game. He has very little going in his social life, though there is this girl...

Name: Mereel Skirata
Class: Ranger (Advanced Class)
Race: Centaur
Centaur_by_Elvire.jpg
Markings: Mereel has markings of his warrior class, and numerous scars from battle and hunts.
Weapon: Epic Spear x 2
Armour: He wears no armour, but instead magical trinkets. His scarf provides him greater movement speed and increased Dexterity; his bracelets provide a magical armour class similar to Light armour (leather); his necklace provides him a small measure of magical resistance.
Magic: No spells.
Benefits: Increased speed, stamina/endurance.
Inconveniences: He cannot wear traditional armour easily. He needs barding and horse armour to protect his flanks and legs. This makes armour very expensive, and impossible to find in dungeons.
Inventory: He carries 5x health potions, 2x resurrection scrolls, and 2x teleportation scrolls. The rest of his inventory is dedicated to LOOT.
History: Mereel is from a northern tribe of centaur, from the Kyrimorut tribe. They live on the harsh steppes, with little arable land. Their main city is nestled in the little bit of forest that exist, and in the deepest reaches of that forest lie some of the deadliest creatures of the north.

And this is why the Kyrimorut pride themselves on being some of the finest warriors in the Centaur legions.

Mereel is the youngest son of 5. He is a charmer, and jokester, and likes to be loud and even crass! He flirts religiously, and with anything with breasts and a pretty face. While he wasn't the fiercest of the sons, or the fastest, or the strongest, he was definitely the most charming and lucky.

For years, he was a Ranger hunting by bow and arrow. He was fleet of foot and skilled in shot; he had amazing hand-eye coordination. Over time, he came to be skilled with the spear and all things around spear-combat. He could cast it from 100 yards away and strike true, and wield it in melee with a skill similar to a warriors. While he has none of their defensive shells, he has all of their offensive bite.

Mereel has proved time and time again he is a capable warrior and strong ally. He has fought with the guild many times over the years, and while he hasn't been around as often as he would have liked, he has always been reliable when he was there. People might question his set of skills and choice of expertise, but none question how good he is at it.

Name: Young Myeong
3795422977_7b70254987.jpg
Personality: Competitive. Pressured. Overlooked. Determined. Intellectually brimming.
How long have you been playing the game?: Six Months.
Relationships: Young JUST became a part of the guild, not even a month ago.
Life: Young Myeong is another child that lives in Korea that is bullied his entire life by his parents, and every other adult, to succeed. Education is slavery. Life has no meaning beyond becoming something great. Greatness is relative, and so is Young. He may be smart, but he's awkward. Before Phantasm Quest, he sat in his room and read books. Now, as far as he cares, he IS somebody.

Name: Wang Munmu
Class: Healer Druid
Race: Human
Appearance:
d54a1076f9b1e27fef199e6e860dfefe.jpg
Markings: There are scales tattooed at irregular intervals on Munmu's body. He's never bothered to explain them. The truth is, Wang Munmu is a legendary dragon of Korean lore.
Weapon: A non-descript, well-crafted Bo staff.
Armour: Munmu prefers to wear scaled leather. It drapes down to the tops of his knees, held fast by a length of twine as a belt. Otherwise, he wears tattered clothes, signifying a man of poverty.
Magic:
Summon Companion - Munmu's companion is a Dokkaebi; an ugly sprite, commonly described as a goblin. It is short, coming only mid-way up Munmu's thigh. Though it is a natural creature of mischief, it follows orders well, rewarding whom Munmu deems as good with temporary buffs and healing spells.

Transform - A spell Munmu rarely uses. He's named this spell, "Gumiho". Upon using this spell, he shapeshifts in to a nine-tailed fox, utilizing his tailed appendages to aid the party in whatever way he can, along with using his tears to heal the wounded.

Quicksand - An AOE debuff that slows reaction time, dodge chance, and movement. Those at the center are immobilized. CHANNELING SPELL.

Energize - Calling forth a bolt of lightning, Munmu can imbue a companion with temporary bonus mana, along with temporarily increased spellpower. THIS IS A COSTLY SPELL.

Invigorating Aroma - Munmu summons an early Spring, the awakened plants producing a Healing Over Time and Mind-Affecting Spell Resistance buff in an AOE with Munmu at its epicenter. THIS IS A COSTLY SPELL THAT REQUIRES CHANNELING.

Inventory: Horn Bow (4), Quiver of arrows (2?), 5 Mana Potions (5), Throat Lasange (1)
History: Hailing from a land barely any remembers the name, Wang Munmu is the silent good samaritan. He has not resided in this land for long, but he possesses a great many stories, for any that wish to hear. Having a love for adventure, and the companions with it, Munmu has a small spell repetoire that's built around having friends with him.

Nice. My Catguy loves you all.

Extalin sees the centars. "Horsy!" Mounts them like the childish catboy he is.

I feel like a dumbdumb because I don't know how to delete polls... XD Though I don't think it's even possible. So I turned it into a dorky declaration.

Anyway, our name is Skyland Knights. 'Grats for Laharl for thinking of it. You all contributed some awesome suggestions and I thank you. <333 I'll be editing all ???s in my posts to Skyland Knights.

I've got a busy weekend ahead of me, so my work on the IC post will be slow. I expect to have it up Monday. :3

Bleh, I just realized something. This may sound a bit awkward and blunt and stuff, but yeah . . . did you accept me or not? Or do you just automatically accept unless you see problems? x___x;

XD Sorry, Acquariana. I don't always say "accepted!" like some GMs do. It's unnecessary to me.

But yeah, you're good to go. :3 Everyone is, so far.

I am sorry I havn't been able to post the promised character. Well here he is at any rate, that is if you will still have him.

Name: Seth Erickson
Personality: Quiet, Self righteous, Naive, Intelligent, inquisitive, brash. (I know that self righteous is two words I couldn't think of another way to say it.)
How long have you been playing the game?: Seven and a half years. Seth joined early on in the games history.
Relationships: .
Life: Seth has only been a casual gamer since h started playing. He tries to moderate his time gaming so he can work on other important things (work school family) He was attending the Rochester Institute of techology studying graphics design. For a while he was also working at the local gamestop, but he had to leave because it was interfering with his schoolwork.

Name: Tiaeldan DragonBlood
Class: Warrior
Race: Human
Appearance:
knight-male-526.jpg

Markings: Tiaeldan bears tatoos on his arms that spread up onto his neck, they are a symbol of knighthood in his homeland. He has several scars. One scar starts at his hairline, about the middle of his face, and leads down across his left eye to the base of his jaw. He received it in his first battle, and while he was lucky to have not lost the sight in that eye he is most asshamed of it. Mostly because it could have easily been avoided. Another scar is quite distinct yet small, it leads from the left side of his chin across his lips just past his nose. ThHe received that scar when a crossbow bolt narrowly missed him.
Weapon: Carries a large two handed sword, sword has an ability that allows it to deal fire damage every so often.
Armour: ( See above) He wears full plate mail armor, he also wears two magic rings, one increases his strength the other his hitpoints. He also wears an amulet that increases his armor value. His armor is the best quality that can be attained at his level.
Benefits: As a human none. Being a warrior, he has a large amount of hitpoints alowing hi to take large amounts of damage, and a high strength to deal a good amount of hi own. Tiaeldan is a meatshield/tank.
Inconveniences: Due to his heavy armor he is slow, he also has a difficult time swimming, jumping, climing, etc.
Inventory: 5 healing potions, 3 cure poison potions.
History: Born among nobility in a small kingdom, Tiaeldan was trained to be a knight from an early age. When he was young his homeland went to war with another nation. Tiaeldan fought his first battle when he was sixteen, for the nextfour years he fought for his homeland. His people were eventually defeated, instead of swearing loyalty to a conqueror tiaeldan left and became a free knight. It wasn't long until he joined the Skyland knights. He serves in his guild with all of the loyalty and fervor as he did his fallen homeland.

Yay my name won! Im kinda surprised actually haha

Okay. So. An unexpected amount of participants: 12. o__o Woah.

An idea that came to mind, was that in game, we as a guild divide ourselves to take on separate quests. That way, we wait on less people to post. And, there are less people for us to keep track of. It would be "You you and you are doing this quest, return to the guild hall when finished". And after we all meet up, go take on a boss together? They would be simple tasks that you wouldn't die from as a small amount of the guild. Especially since we're all pwnsome levels...

Hey I'm too busy to join so count me out Fluffy. Sorry. D:

I'll start working on the intro today. Hopefully I'm inspired enough to actually finish it. :3 I got only 3 hours of sleep and my life is hell right now, but I don't want to keep you guys waiting any longer!