Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scar

Original poster
I don't watch a lot of television and what series I do follow I tend to watch online so the fact that I purposely planned to catch a show as it came on television and then even followed through with it surprises me. It surprises me even more that it was on a major network which are the only stations I get (which is why I don't watch a lot of TV) since I don't have cable.

But I was able to sit down and watch NBC's Peter Pan Live! and I'm happy to say that I actually enjoyed it. Now I'd kind of like to see that making of special they aired first. I don't usually have much of an opinion on musicals and hate more of them than I enjoy but I keep going back to them when one even so much as peaks my interest. It's like some sort of sick fetish for pain.

But those that I do enjoy, I end up counting among my favorite movies. I don't normally talk about them because I can't always pinpoint what exactly I love or hate about each one. Because I am so horrible at singing and have even been told that I'm tone-mute (which was their way of telling me as politely as possible that I cannot carry a f***ing tune). So when I hear anybody that is better than me and sounds pleasing to my ears, I cannot pick out the nuances that make them better or worse than someone else who is similarly better than me.

So when I say that I enjoy a certain musical, it is best not to ask me why because I probably won't have a comprehensible answer for you.

And with that, I really enjoyed Peter Pan Live. And while I can't tell you exactly why, I can say that I am a big fan of the original story and its many adaptations and that I might be in love with Allison Williams (she played the lead role). I just found out that she's my age (1988) but watching her play this role, I would have thought she was a lot younger.

Now if a small bulk of his fanbase is here on Iwaku, I may catch some flak but I've always thought that Christopher Walken was kind of bleh. Sure I've liked him in a few roles but they were usually minor and mostly the same satirical dry humor I've come to expect of him. His role as Captain Hook did nothing to impress me and I felt like it was a little lacking, as I often feel with Mr. Walken.

And that's it! Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.