Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
  6. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
My times are pretty erratic, but I try to avoid being on EST 11pm-9am.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Historical Romance.
We all know what it's like to breathe life into our characters - give them voices and personalities of their own. There are, of course, the humans, as well as the elves, dragons, and were-animals, but what about something like weather? What would the sky be like if it were a person with its own emotions, motivations, and words to express itself?!

1241724_orig.gif

Write a scene or character sheet personifying an abstract form or inanimate object!

This week's challenge:

Trouble

The faint smell of clove cigarettes hung in the air around the tables like a fog, threaded occasionally with an all too brief waft of floral aroma as a delicate flower slipped past, sparkling in jewels and sumptuous fabrics. His eyes watched them, scanning their every move and wondering who would be the most fun to toy with tonight. He reclined back into the plush emerald velvet of the booth's upholstery and rubbed his own cigarette out into a little ashtray shaped like a pair of dice and emblazoned with the words "Lady Luck". His favorite club.

Before he could flag down a waitress to get another glass of whiskey, his vision was blocked by clinging black fabric. He panned his eyes slowly up to find smirking ruby lips and smoldering eyes.

"Why hello there, handsome. I've been looking for you."

• Love
Reactions: firejay1