Personal Quotes That Could Be Quotes!

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by MiraMirror, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Pretty much, have you ever said something insightful that sounded like it could be well-known someday?
    I'll start: On one occasion, after those friends stabbed me in the back, I remember saying to myself...

"Life's a masquerade, and the world's the ballroom...The only difference between people is how well they wear their masks."

This pretty much was a result of my depression, and me isolating myself from people as a whole. Though I suppose this does hold true partially.

2. "Opinions are like telephones. You should know the proper way to use them or you'll piss people off."

3. A very nice quote. ^_^
    Also makes a reference to the telephone illiterate. XD

4. OH I HAVE ANOTHER ONE!

Love is like the language of /337. Some people know how to understand it, but it's merely for superfluous reasons, and others have no idea how to interpret it and make understandable mistakes all the time.

5. ._.'
    A long quote.
    I'm gonna see if I can't remember that in its entirety.
    Let's see...
    Ah! A bit overdramatic, but...

"Dare you test my patience by using my friends against me?"

Long story.

6. I like it!

7. Aya Shimizu had a bit of a rough time adjusting to her new environment. Her resurrection had come to be a bit of a shock for her. In the first place, she had finally felt somewhat at peace, not so much actually having passed on, but locked in a sort of private Hell. However, it had been nothing comparable to the things that she had gone through and survived before her demise. The darkness seemed eternal, although the voices were everywhere. They jeered and taunted, belittled and berated, but she knew that they were harmless now. Her soul was trapped with them, but she owned them, whether they liked it or not...and they clearly didn't. Eternity with them constantly harassing her seemed like a dream compared to the nightmare she had lived. That all changed with a very forceful summoning.

She had known that something was on the horizon by how quiet the voices had gotten, they seemed to be waiting for something. It had been the light that shocked her the most, having been in a deep abyss for so long. The shock left her confused as she found herself staring at a stone ceiling, wondering where she was. Her body immediately started to tremble, the devils within all aware of the new change, and all of them wanted control now.

'Like hell I'll be giving myself over' she screamed in her head as she rolled herself off the stone slab she found herself laying on. She hit the ground with a rough thud, still catching her bearings as she fought the pain that was now beginning to slowly swell through her body. The curses were active again, now that she was breathing again, they too, had found themselves back to their job of trying to corrode and corrupt her mind and soul. She trembled violently as she forced herself to stand, her eyes searching for anything to give her some information about the meaning of this turn of events. She prayed that she hadn't somehow returned to there. As she tried to gather herself, she heard a familiar voice. It was Ooki, he chittering loudly from someplace she couldn't she.

Turning her head in the direction of his voice, she saw that there were quite a few robed individuals standing just outside the room looking in on her, it was clear that this was their doing. She didn't like this at all. Her body was racked with pain, she doubled over for a moment, spewing blood on the floor. She stared at it confused. Perhaps the curses were in overdrive at the moment because they had been dormant for so long, and if that was the case, then she was in big trouble. Looking to her captors, as she saw their actions, she called out to Ooki in Devil's Tounge, trying to figure out what was going on.

A hooded figure stepped forward and produced her pipe from within their robes, then simply concealed it again. She took this to mean that it was time to pay attention, perhaps they knew of her affliction somehow.

______________________________________________________________________________

That had happened about a month ago. She had been brought up to speed as to what was going on and why she was there, but she still had reserves about it all. The reason for her reservation was that she seemed to be constantly under watch. They had taken Muramasa and locked it up tight, refusing to hand it over, and they regulated her use of her pipe. The only reason that she managed to keep Ooki by her side was because when they tried to have him locked up, Aya attacked them. It had taken half a dozen men to get her under control, and in that time she managed to break a total of 13 ribs, 4 arms, 2 noses, 3 jaws, and 1 knee. They perceived Ooki not to be such a threat after allowing him to stay by her side, but urging her not to take him with her. A translator that had been working with Aya explained Ooki's purpose, which further helped them understand her desire to keep him close at hand. They reluctantly obliged, which allowed her to drink almost all the time. While it did indeed get her drunk, it seemed to help her better understand them and communicate, also it seemed to lengthen the time she could go without her pipe.

By the time she was ushered into the room with the others, she had been given her pipe back, but not her sword. They had seen it awaken when she had, and they were not willing to simply hand over something like that to her. She disliked their suspicions and the fact that they were holding her possession hostage, though she had given them reason not to trust her. In her time awake, while they were regulating her pipe usage, she had a few outbursts that turned nearly deadly. Short of an exorcism, she had been immobilized and brought back to a state of awareness, where she was then given her pipe and was able to regain control of herself. Now, she sat in the room of strangers with her pipe in her mouth wearing a samurai outfit that they had made for her that seemed to have a design of her former Clan on it. From what she had learned of them, they approved of her deeds, but not necessarily what she had become in the process.

"Do you really think that you can do what they're asking you?"
    "When's the last time you saved anyone but yourself?"
    "Why not let me out to stretch my legs a bit, I could help you"
    "These beings are pathetic, sitting here clawing to survive. They should perish like the trash they are"
    "Feed...Need to feed...Hunger...FEED"

The voices were being particularly annoying today. She slowly took a puff from her pipe, the smoke that came from the pipe seeming to dance around her body while she never seemed to exhale the substance she drew into her lungs. The voices faded. She felt Ooki tug at her leg from beneath her seat, and she propositioned him to knock it off with alight kick, making him topple over and roll toward where the axe wielding giant stood.

"Ooki, here...now!" she called out to him, as he stood up and just stared up at the man leagues above him. Ooki obeyed...after doing a quick shuffle back and forth before the hulking figure, as if trying to see if the man would try to smash him. After about 15 seconds of not being shattered he returned to Aya's side, hit top filling with Sake. Aya took up the dish downed the drink in one go and then placed the dish back on top his head, flicking him in the forehead afterward. "Stop playing around. That's why they haven't given back my sword, yet." There was an anger behind that statement and a volume to it to express her distaste with the situation. At least they had allowed her to pick out the type of clothing she wanted to have made for her, getas included. She was spinning her pipe through her fingers when Pendragon came in, and in that moment of distraction, Ooki had jumped up and snatched her pipe and rolled to the back of the room, hitting the wall with a solid TINK!"

"Knock it off right now!" she belted in Devil's tongue as she turned to look in his direction. Ooki had turned and faced the wall sitting as still as a statue. If one wasn't aware that he was a sort of demon, from the way he now sat, he appeared to be a simply Sake bottle with a pipe resting against it. She glared daggers at the back of him, but eventually gave up on him, unwilling to get up from her seat. Ooki was a handful, but he was also extremely reliable, she simply wasn't in the mood to play right now.

8. Why does that sounds like something Ferocious would say? Just to make the hot/cold pun. XD
    An excellent quote nonetheless, Onii-san! ^_^

9. This is my own personal motto that I have used and modified only slightly over the years: Any problem can be solved with the right combination of Chocolate and Duct Tape. (Anything else use High Explosives)

10. I approve of this credo.

11. Everything will work out in the end, promise. How could it not, when love is one of the last things we have left?

12. Name: Laura Kinney
    Codename:
    X-23
    Origin: Marvel Universe
    Birthdate: December 10
    Race: Homo Sapien Superior

Hair:
    Black
    Eyes: Green
    Height: 5’2”
    Weight: 110lbs
    Education Level: Gifted. She was given an advanced education as part of her ‘training’.
    Citizenship: She has 7 birth certificates, showing her being born in 4 differing countries. It’s generally understood she was born somewhere in the United States, though that’s never been confirmed.

Level: Enhanced

Intelligence: 4 (Gifted)
    Strength: 3 (Peak Human, can lift about 700lbs)
    Speed: 3 (Superhuman)
    Durability: 4 (Regenerative)
    Energy projection: 1 (None)
    Fighting Ability: 6 (Master of Several Forms Of Combat)

Powers:
    Mutant Physiology: As a clone of Wolverine, X-23 possesses most of his mutant powers. She has been classified as a severe threat by both the O*N*E and Nimrod.
    -Superhumanly Acute Senses: X-23 possesses superhumanly acute senses that are comparable to those of certain animals. She is capable of seeing at much greater distances, and with perfect clarity, than an ordinary human. She retains this same level of clarity in near-total darkness. Her sense of hearing is enhanced in a similar manner, allowing her to both hear sounds that ordinary humans can't and to hear sounds that ordinary humans can, but at much greater distances. X-23 is able to use her highly developed sense of smell to track targets by scent with an impressive degree of success, even if the scent has been eroded by natural factors, such as the weather.
    -Bone Claws: X-23's skeleton includes two retractable bone claws in each arm and one in each foot that she can extend and retract at will. These claws are housed beneath the skin and muscle. Unsheathing them causes her skin to tear and bleed, but the wounds are quickly dealt with by her healing factor. X-23 can unsheathe any number of these claws at once, although she must keep her wrists and/or feet straight at the moment the claws emerge. The claws are naturally sharp and tougher than normal human bone, allowing X-23 to cut through most types of flesh and natural materials.
    -Regenerative Healing Factor: Like Wolverine, X-23's primary mutant power is an accelerated healing factor that enables her to regenerate damaged or destroyed tissue with far greater speed and efficiency than an ordinary human. She is capable of fully healing injuries resulting in massive tissue damage and blood loss such as multiple bullet wounds, slash wounds, and puncture wounds within a matter of minutes. Her healing factor is developed to such a degree, she is capable of reattaching severed limbs, such as a hand. She has also proven capable of regrowing an entire arm on her own. Her healing factor may fluctuate with her psychological state as battle wounds tend to heal very quickly, but her self inflicted cuts appear to remain visible for some time.
    -Foreign Chemical Immunity: X-23's natural healing also affords her the virtual immunity to poisons and most drugs. She can be affected by some drugs, such as tranquilizers, if she is exposed to a massive dose.
    -Disease Immunity: Due to her highly efficient immune system, X-23 is immune to all Earthly diseases and infections.
    -Longevity: Presumably, because X-23 is a clone of the mutant Wolverine, her healing factor will also provide her with an extended lifespan by slowing the effects of the aging process.
    -Superhuman Stamina: X-23's muscles produce considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than the muscles of an ordinary human. She can exert herself at peak capacity for about 24 hours before fatigue begins to impair her.
    -Superhuman Agility: X-23's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete.
    -Superhuman Reflexes: X-23's reflexes are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. In at least one case she reacts to and slices in half with her claws a bullet fired at her face from nearly point-blank range.
    -Superhuman Durability: She was capable of fighting the Hulk without sustaining any severe injuries and surviving energy blasts from Nimrod (even if she required healing and nearly died).

Abilities:
    -Expert Covert Ops Training: Raised in captivity, due to her extensive training as a top-secret operative, X-23 has been trained to become a living weapon. She is highly trained in the use of long range weapons and explosives, and is an expert in assassination techniques.
    -Expert Tracker: Due to her enhanced sense of smell, Laura is a dangerous tracker and has memorized many different scents.
    -Master Martial Artist: She is a master in hand to hand combatant, with intensive training in numerous armed and unarmed martial arts techniques during her time in the facility.
    -Master Acrobat: She is an Olympic class athlete, gymnast, acrobat and aerialist capable of numerous complex maneuvers and feats.
    -Multilingual: Laura can speak fluent English, French, and Japanese. She says she is fluent in many other languages.
    -Gifted Intellect: She possesses the ability to quickly process multiple information streams (e.g., threat assessment) and rapidly respond to changing tactical situations. She has been stated to have a photographic memory.

Equipment:

-Adamantium Claws: X-23's claws have been coated with the nigh-indestructible metal Adamantium. As a result, her claws are virtually unbreakable and are capable of cutting almost any substance, with the exceptions of Adamantium itself and Captain America's shield. Her ability to slice completely through a substance depends upon the amount of force she can exert and the thickness of the substance. Also, since the bones of her hands and wrists are not laced with Adamantium, it is likely that the reverberation of her claws could conceivably break her hands with significant force. Unlike Wolverine, the presence of Adamantium in her body is not sufficient enough to interfere with her bones' normal function of generating blood corpuscles, although it is as possible that some degree of her immune system is distracted by the presence of the foreign substance. Her claws can cut through the Hulk's skin and eye

Weaknesses:
    -Induced Berserker Rage: She has also been subjected to conditioning in which a specific "trigger scent" has been used to send her into a berserker rage, killing anything marked with it.
    -Her healing abilities do have upper limits, it is possible to overcome her. But this is a very difficult task.

Bio:
    When a top-secret program attempted to recreate the original Weapon X experiment that involved the feral mutant Wolverine, they failed to secure a test subject who could survive the bonding process of the virtually unbreakable metal Adamantium to their skeleton. Seeking to take the project in a new direction, the project's director, Doctor Martin Sutter, recruited renowned mutant geneticist Doctor Sarah Kinney and tasked her with creating a clone.

Seven years later, raised in captivity X-23 was trained to be a weapon. Kinney did her best to ensure the child retained some semblance of humanity, but her efforts appeared to be in vain. After seven years, Rice had X-23 subjected to radiation poisoning in order to accelerate the activation of her mutant gene, and forcibly extracted her claws and coated them with Adamantium. After Rice realized the child was growing soft, he blamed her sensei, one of the few people who treated her with kindness, and tested a chemical compound called "trigger scent" on him. The "trigger scent" causes Laura to kill mercilessly anything in her path, and thus she murdered her best friend. Rice already had a replacement in the wings, a woman named Kimura. Kimura was harsh and strictly punished X-23 for the death of her sensei.

Three years later, X-23 was sent on her first field mission to kill Presidential candidate Greg Johnson. She was assigned the mission as somewhat of an "advertising" ploy. Numerous other missions followed, as X-23's services were sold to the highest bidder. She was left emotionally stunted as a result. Her missions took her to locations all over the world, including Saudi Arabia, Las Vegas, Japan, Colombia, the Congo, and many others. For one mission she was assigned to pose as the Kingpin's daughter and kill the ones who had captured her, bringing the head of their leader back. Rice, in an attempt to avenge his father's murder, abandoned X-23 on a particularly dangerous mission with A.I.M., but she survived against overwhelming odds and managed to return to the Facility. After her return to the facility Kimura punished her for not coming back with Rice.

Sarah Kinney let her out once, not as an attempt to escape but instead to use X-23 to help her find Kinney's niece, Megan, who had been kidnapped. X-23 found and rescued her with ease. Ultimately, Rice persuaded Sutter to hand control of the program over to him, then secretly ordered X-23 to kill Sutter and his family. X-23 was able to kill Sutter and his wife but was unable to kill their son. Instead, she let him live. Later, Rice revealed to Kinney a chamber with dozens of incubation pods containing female clones before he fired her. Before fleeing the Facility with X-23, Kinney gave her one last mission - destroy the pods and kill Rice. However, Rice was able to exact revenge on Kinney from beyond the grave, as he had earlier exposed her to the trigger scent, sending X-23 into a rage that caused her to kill her mother. As she lay dying, Kinney named X-23 "Laura".

Notes and Trivia:
    - While under the Trigger scent influence, she is a mindless killer that destroys anything in her path.
    - Laura demonstrates a preference for spicy foods. She has said this is because her diet under the facility was nutritious, but very bland.
    - Laura has demonstrated a violent aversion to, if not outright hatred of, human and sex traffickers. However she does not seem to have the same reaction to the Johns themselves.
    - X-23 has been known to practice self-harm, and has injured herself on a consistent basis using her claws from a young age. She was first seen engaging in the behavior after killing her sensei under the effects of the trigger scent.
    - It's stated that Laura Kinney, professional hard-case with zero patience, thinks bananas smell like nail polish remover.

13. IWAKU HAS DONE TO RAPE WHAT STEPHANIE MEYER DID TO VAMPIRES. TURNED IT IN TO A TWEEN GIRL'S WET DREAM!

>:D You can re-quote me on that.

14. Done. WTF?!

15. I can't think of any at the moment, but I loved your first one Miru!! Here are some humorous ones my friend Amos said last night.

(Referring to food)

"I do like things to be a little fresher then they should be...like teenagers."

(Referring to angry sex because you get beat up during it and get angry about that and do it all over again)

"It's the angry sex cycle, it's like the circle of life just more depressing"

16. ._.'' I like the first one. ^_^

17. Life is like the Twilight Saga sometimes: Long, drawn-out, filled with pointless people, and no real purpose.

18. "reality is formed by perception."

"nothing is both the perfect heaven and the perfect hell. Longing within it is pointless, but if you can let go, you will find peace."

19. "I have no intention of growing older, just wiser."