Persona: Through the looking glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Omnial

Original poster
"Welcome~ To this Persona Role Play~"
tumblr_inline_njgro9pdVN1t2gnmj.png

This will be a Persona role play, with heavy Alice in Wonderland tones. For a specific, your persona will be based on characters, main or not, from Lewis Carroll's books, Alice's adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, Or an Adaption thereof.

That being said, we won't just be sticking to those themes and works. We will also be dealing with other myths, urban legends and folklore.

Also, as with many of the persona games and anime, we will be diving into some potentially dark subjects, This is a WARNING. So while this RP is still not an 18+ RP, there may be some themes that are not pleasant. Prime examples, murder and abduction.

It will take place a in fictional City in England called Eigo. It is an English City that has heavy Japanese influence. The reason we will be taking place in England is due to the plot. That being said, we will take on more of the Japanese school system than the British.

Our characters will mostly be high school age students, as it seems to be the cool thing to do in the persona.
With the majority of the cast attending a new school to the city, "Dodgson Academy" As such, there is no "Transfer student" As we all fit that group, being the first wave to attend this school.

Persona can only be used in what is known as the "Mad World". This being a mirror of the real world, with a few noticeable differences based on the influence of the people in the real world. Normally only the shadows of people are there, and they simply mimic the every day life of their other half.

The "Mad World" will be viewed and veiwable by those with the ability through any reflective surface, and can interact directly with the real world. As such, one can perform an action on one side and have it affect the other.

persona_tarot.jpg

A persona is the aspect of someone's character that is presented to or perceived by others.
~ google

A Persona is a manifestation of a Persona User's personality in the Persona series, referred to as a "mask" for an individual to use to face hardship. A Persona is similar to a Shadow. Shadows are malevolent manifestations of one's inner thoughts, while a Persona is a manifestation of the same feelings but tamed and trained. If an individual takes up a resolution in their heart, the Persona will undergo a metamorphosis into a stronger form. While the summoning sequences of a Persona differs from one installment to the next, a tradition that later adaptions follow is that blue-ish fogs are always released when a Persona is invoked. A fight using Personas weighs the user's mind and spirit. Continuous use of a Persona will eventually drain the user's strength and stamina.
~ Persona (concept)

So your Persona in this roleplay will be the characters, main and not, from Alice. They do not need to be exactly as those characters that they are based on, and feel free to be creative with it. For example. If "Bill the Lizard" was my persona, I could have him depicted as a simple lizard, an anthropomorphic lizard man, or as a freaky lizard monster.

They are usually assigned to a specific Major Arcana from Tarot Cards, which usually have defining traits or qualities about them. Honestly, if you are creative and can make sense of it, you can use any arcana you'd like with any persona. If you are uncertain about this, feel free to ask or take a quiz.

There are only two exceptions to characters which can be your persona being Alice and the Red Queen. Sorry, those two are consumed by the plot.

There will be instances in the role play of combat and of challenges, each will be determined by dice rolls, dnd style! D20 !

So it will be your roll + modifiers vs a Difficulty level which I will have set.
At times, it can be roll vs roll example being pvp

Modifiers will come from your characters and their personas stats.

Your characters stats are, Courage, Expression, Knowledge, Understanding, Diligence. Each capping at 5, with 1 being the lowest they can go. Events and choices will give them a chance to level up after some time as well. You start off with a max of 7 points at the start.

Your Persona stats are their elemental strengths and weaknesses. For every strength you take, you require a weakness and you must have a minimum of one str and wk at the start.

Persona may change or develop over time, gaining resistances, and ability to absorb types of attacks.

Human

Name:

Weapon/s: This can change through the rp, but what do you prefer to fight with?

Appearance: picture or a decent description

Bio: Just a bit about you, who you are, and maybe why you are. Tell us a bit about your life. This should tie into your arcana a bit.

Stats: Courage: [ ] Knowledge [ ] Expression [ ] Understanding [ ] Diligence [ ]
You start off with a max of 7 points at the start.

~~~~

Persona

Name:

Arcana: It would be cool if we don't all have the same arcana, but it really is up to you, and it may change. This should be reflected in your character.

Appearance: Picture, description, or both. If just a description make it a vivid one.

Spells: Just counting magic, melee is not sub grouped into pierce, blunt, slash. if you need help with spells please refer to website.

Stats: Phy [ ] Fire [ ] Ice [ ] Electric [ ] Wind [ ] Dark [ ] Light [ ]

Link to the Story

Summery
Day 0 nothing has happened thus far. We think...

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or PM

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be happy to make Red sort of a "secondary healer" who learns more stat boosting skills and only single target heals, if anyone feels the balance is necessary with two Dia users. :o That would probably match his arcana better anyway.

It should be, fine no? I mean mine will eventually learn support moves as well. Depending on if there are turns and the timing, one could heal and the other could support. I dunno about you but I normally have two or three people capable of supporting and/or healing in my parties. Just in case.

Looks good!

More healers is never a bad thing. Knave is more debuffs when it comes to support skills.

And I'd like at least one more CS to appear, but otherwise I'd say we are good to start on Saturday.

I apologize, this weekend was a bit busier than i had anticipated.

POSSSTED

Oooh man, I love Persona. I might be interested in this. I'll try and make up a sheet tomorrow if I can do this. : 3

Human

uOeuPew.png

Name: Shinji Kakutama

Weapon/s: Scimitar

Bio: When Shinji's father was a young man, he moved from Japan over to England to study overseas. There, he met Shinji's mother, settled down to live there, and started a family. Shinji is the oldest of two children.

Ever since he was young, Shinji felt that he had bad luck in life. When he was twelve, his mother was involved in a car accident that she was blamed for. The accident killed four people and badly injured his baby sister. His mother was sent to prison for this while his little sister received multiple life-altering injuries and paralysis from the waist down.

Because of his mother's reputation, Shinji is treated poorly at school. This caused him to act out in order to gain more attention. He became a class clown of sorts, goofing off and drawing attention to himself with pranks and jokes that only made thinks more difficult for him.

During his days off, he spends his time working at various part time jobs to help his father pay for his younger sister's medical bills and also spends time with her.

Shinji likes the color green, is superstitious, silly, and enjoys collecting good luck charms.

Stats: Courage: [ 2] Knowledge [1 ] Expression [1 ] Understanding [2 ] Diligence [ 1]

Persona

Name: Mad Hatter

Arcana:
144d84d17b9d3130fb9a9a8b0950c119.png

Appearance: http://img15.deviantart.net/eef5/i/2015/121/8/6/mad_hatter_and_sewing_monster_by_nutjt-d2r5juf.jpg

Spells: Zio, Eiha, Sukukaja

Stats: Phy [-] Fire [-] Ice [-] Electric [Str] Wind [Wk] Dark [Str] Light [Wk]​

Aside from your persona it looks good.

We are running with an Alice in Wonderland character theme for the personas. I don't think Icarus is a character from it?

Aside from your persona it looks good.

We are running with an Alice in Wonderland character theme for the personas. I don't think Icarus is a character from it?
Oh shoot. lol. I guess I latched onto the word "creative" and it made me think I could make what I wanted. lol. After looking it over again I see where I went wrong. I'll switch it up. XD

Great! I can't wait for this to start! 8D

Oh christ, that's been up for a while. owo'

Oh shoot! Thanks for the link. lol.

No prob. I also wouldn't have known either if I didn't search for it after he said he posted~ uwu

Alrighty. : 3 Thanks again! Normally I search around for the threads myself, but I've been sick and it didn't even cross my mind. XD lol

@Omnial You might wanna tag everyone here and post another link to the IC thread. There might be a few more like me who don't even know this has started yet. o.o

Anyhow, I did write and send a post earlier, but it disappeared due to the iwaku data loss that happened today. About half of it managed to save so I'll just finish and post it tomorrow. lol.

hahaha ooops...

Yeah, I will do that after work tonight, thank you iceydaze for linking it first

I'm interested, and already have a character idea in mind. I'd like to reserve the The Chesire Leper persona [AKA Chesire Cat] and the Judgement Arcana in advance. I will have a profile written out in full in abit...though I might have some trouble giving my char moves. We'll see in abit, I guess. But now I get food!

Status
Not open for further replies.