Persona: Through the looking glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Omnial

Original poster
"Welcome~ To this Persona Role Play~"
tumblr_inline_njgro9pdVN1t2gnmj.png

This will be a Persona role play, with heavy Alice in Wonderland tones. For a specific, your persona will be based on characters, main or not, from Lewis Carroll's books, Alice's adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, Or an Adaption thereof.

That being said, we won't just be sticking to those themes and works. We will also be dealing with other myths, urban legends and folklore.

Also, as with many of the persona games and anime, we will be diving into some potentially dark subjects, This is a WARNING. So while this RP is still not an 18+ RP, there may be some themes that are not pleasant. Prime examples, murder and abduction.

It will take place a in fictional City in England called Eigo. It is an English City that has heavy Japanese influence. The reason we will be taking place in England is due to the plot. That being said, we will take on more of the Japanese school system than the British.

Our characters will mostly be high school age students, as it seems to be the cool thing to do in the persona.
With the majority of the cast attending a new school to the city, "Dodgson Academy" As such, there is no "Transfer student" As we all fit that group, being the first wave to attend this school.

Persona can only be used in what is known as the "Mad World". This being a mirror of the real world, with a few noticeable differences based on the influence of the people in the real world. Normally only the shadows of people are there, and they simply mimic the every day life of their other half.

The "Mad World" will be viewed and veiwable by those with the ability through any reflective surface, and can interact directly with the real world. As such, one can perform an action on one side and have it affect the other.

persona_tarot.jpg

A persona is the aspect of someone's character that is presented to or perceived by others.
~ google

A Persona is a manifestation of a Persona User's personality in the Persona series, referred to as a "mask" for an individual to use to face hardship. A Persona is similar to a Shadow. Shadows are malevolent manifestations of one's inner thoughts, while a Persona is a manifestation of the same feelings but tamed and trained. If an individual takes up a resolution in their heart, the Persona will undergo a metamorphosis into a stronger form. While the summoning sequences of a Persona differs from one installment to the next, a tradition that later adaptions follow is that blue-ish fogs are always released when a Persona is invoked. A fight using Personas weighs the user's mind and spirit. Continuous use of a Persona will eventually drain the user's strength and stamina.
~ Persona (concept)

So your Persona in this roleplay will be the characters, main and not, from Alice. They do not need to be exactly as those characters that they are based on, and feel free to be creative with it. For example. If "Bill the Lizard" was my persona, I could have him depicted as a simple lizard, an anthropomorphic lizard man, or as a freaky lizard monster.

They are usually assigned to a specific Major Arcana from Tarot Cards, which usually have defining traits or qualities about them. Honestly, if you are creative and can make sense of it, you can use any arcana you'd like with any persona. If you are uncertain about this, feel free to ask or take a quiz.

There are only two exceptions to characters which can be your persona being Alice and the Red Queen. Sorry, those two are consumed by the plot.

There will be instances in the role play of combat and of challenges, each will be determined by dice rolls, dnd style! D20 !

So it will be your roll + modifiers vs a Difficulty level which I will have set.
At times, it can be roll vs roll example being pvp

Modifiers will come from your characters and their personas stats.

Your characters stats are, Courage, Expression, Knowledge, Understanding, Diligence. Each capping at 5, with 1 being the lowest they can go. Events and choices will give them a chance to level up after some time as well. You start off with a max of 7 points at the start.

Your Persona stats are their elemental strengths and weaknesses. For every strength you take, you require a weakness and you must have a minimum of one str and wk at the start.

Persona may change or develop over time, gaining resistances, and ability to absorb types of attacks.

Human

Name:

Weapon/s: This can change through the rp, but what do you prefer to fight with?

Appearance: picture or a decent description

Bio: Just a bit about you, who you are, and maybe why you are. Tell us a bit about your life. This should tie into your arcana a bit.

Stats: Courage: [ ] Knowledge [ ] Expression [ ] Understanding [ ] Diligence [ ]
You start off with a max of 7 points at the start.

~~~~

Persona

Name:

Arcana: It would be cool if we don't all have the same arcana, but it really is up to you, and it may change. This should be reflected in your character.

Appearance: Picture, description, or both. If just a description make it a vivid one.

Spells: Just counting magic, melee is not sub grouped into pierce, blunt, slash. if you need help with spells please refer to website.

Stats: Phy [ ] Fire [ ] Ice [ ] Electric [ ] Wind [ ] Dark [ ] Light [ ]

Link to the Story

Summery
Day 0 nothing has happened thus far. We think...

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or PM

Last edited by a moderator:
Characters

Louis Matchel - Knave of Hearts - Devil
Richard "Red" Japster - March Hare -The Star
Dae Stryker - White Rabbit - Empress
Shinji Kakutama - Mad Hatter - Fool
Addisu Okri - Cheshire Cat - Judgement

Alice - A classmate, who sat in red paint on her first day of class.

nice

Questions while I come up with a character: should our Persona's spells be specific skills (Agi, Bufu, etc.) or just the elements it can use? It sounds like we should only put down magic skills and not physical ones (Bash, Skewer, etc.), is that the case? Are there limits on the skills we can pick (only stage one and not ma- or -dyne for example) or on how many we can pick? Are we only using Mudo and Hama, or are we also throwing in Eiha and Kouha from P5? (I'm also assuming Mudo and Hama will still be insta-kills and not the weird hybrids they are in newer SMT games.) What about Almighty skills? Thank you for your patience. :D

I would say stick with what the series use for the elemental skills, and pick them within reason. I doubt any of us would start with a high tier spell, but if we did why would we? What would be the counter effect for it? Do you have even more weaknesses? So as long as you can balance yourself out, and explain it, then I am game. Just know a low level character doesn't have much ability at using a persona, using a high tier spell could be a one shot wonder move and then your down for the count.

The physical ones such as bash, skewer, don't worry about those.

Also, yes, using the P5 light and dark skills, so that we don't have just insta kills only.

As for almighty, probably not at the start, again, unless you can explain why, or you have a balancing flaw for it.

• Thank You
Reactions: Moogle-Girl
Gotcha gotcha, that all sounds good to me! Just wanted to make that all clear. o3o Time to whip up a sheet!

Reactions: Omnial
Human

Name: Richard "Red" Japster

Weapons: Halberds, spears, and other polearm type weapons. That way he doesn't have to get too close to the baddies.

Appearance: Commission by chillin!

Bio: Red is upbeat, passionate, and permanently peppy. If you pass him by, he'll almost always be wearing a smile, one that won't be taken down easily. When something's on his mind, he speaks up. When he starts something, he finishes it. He loves making friends and remembers the name of just about everyone he meets. After all, you never know when people are going to come back in your time of need, and he firmly believes that everyone has a purpose in life. Some people find his constant upbeat attitude a little annoying, but many find his happiness infectious and consider him an all-around fun guy to be with.

Like just about everyone else in his family as far back as four generations, Red was always drawn to the music industry. He picked up the piano in elementary school and moved into the synthesizer as he got older, falling in love with the instrument as soon as he first flipped through all the sounds it could mimic. He even formed a band with a few of his closest friends -- they called it Birthday Party and churned out all sorts of boppy eurobeat tunes together every day of the week.

His best friend, however, has always been a young man named Gabe. The two met at an independent music class, and while their personalities couldn't be any farther apart, they bonded quickly over shared interests and over time became inseparable. Red even helped his friend learn how to use a turntable to chase his dream of becoming a renowned disk jockey. Their happiness wasn't meant to last, however. Gabe's parents died tragically on a family camping trip, mauled by a bear while foraging in the middle of the night.

Red was the only light Gabe had in that dark time. All practice sessions with the band were immediately cancelled until further notice so Red could have as much time as possible hanging out with his friend and consoling him the only way he knew how. And yet, even that couldn't last for long. Red's dad had to pull the family all the way to Eigo for his work. Meeting up with Gabe and all Red's other friends on a regular basis just isn't feasible anymore.

All Red wants now is the chance to make new friends at his new school. Gabe has all but fallen off the map since the move, but life goes on.

Stats: Courage: [ 1 ] Knowledge [ 1 ] Expression [ 2 ] Understanding [ 2 ] Diligence [ 1 ]

~~~~

Persona

Name: The March Hare

Arcana: The Star

Appearance: March Hare appears as a colossal rabbit with impossibly long ears and legs. Its fur is always shifting through every shade of the rainbow and is said to change colors whenever someone looks upon it. Wrapped around its midsection is a white vest with loops of cloth sewn all over its surface, and each of them has a teacup or spoon dangling from it. They jangle as March Hare moves, announcing its presence wherever it goes.

Spells: Garu, Kouha, Dia, Tarukaja

Stats: Phy [ ] Fire [ WK ] Ice [ ] Electric [ ] Wind [ STR ] Dark [ WK ] Light [ STR ]

Last edited:
Alright, done! Let me know if you think the skills are a bit much, or if anything else needs changing or explaining. :o

(sorry for the triple post haha)

It looks good except for one small thing. It was mentioned only in the combat and challenge section, so it was my bad, but for your character stats, you start off only with a maximum of 7 total points. So everything has to be a base of 1, and then you have two points left over. so characters have a chance to grow based on how you play them and spend their time, as opposed to coming in skilled.

Change that and Red is good to go!

Oh, whoops! Sorry I missed that. :o Fixed!

Looks good!

I should have my own up tomorrow afternoon.

I'll harass Renose

Otherwise I'd like to have 1-2 more at least.

Human

Name: Louis "Lu" Matchel

Weapon/s: Chains, whips

Appearance: His hair has been dyed a sharp red and is usually slicked back with grease. Lu tries his best to dress in an edgy manner. if it is controversial, he will try wearing it. Typically though, he is just wearing his torn jeans and sporting a makeshift sleeveless hoodie over his favourite bands shirt.

Bio: Lu is the second of three boys born to the Matchel household, and through his entire life growing up, he was the scapegoat. The eldest was the guinea pig, and the baby could do no wrong, but Lu? EVERYTHING was his fault. No matter how much good he did, no matter what he tried to do, someone else would swoop the credit for his good deed, and somehow he would be blamed for something wrong. Eventually he accepted this as his part in life, and decided that if everyone was going to judge him to be a delinquent that he would look like one, and own it.

He never stopped trying help people out, he just started making sure that he got something out of it first. People stopped taking credit for what he did after he started requiring payment first. He started to make a name for himself at his old school, but that came crashing down after a cheerleader falsely accused him of misdemeanour. It was proven false afterwards, but his parents never believed in Lu. To save their name, they held him back and transferred him into the new school opening up.

A fresh start, a not so fresh look. Lu is planning on building a name for himself.

Stats: Courage: [2] Knowledge [1] Expression [1] Understanding [1] Diligence [2]

~~~~

Persona

Name: Knave (Knave of Hearts)

Arcana: Devil

Appearance: A suit of shimmering red plate mail armour, trimmed with fine gold and with an empty scabbard by his side. It is bound by twisting black chains, which hinder its movement.

Spells: Agi, Eiha, Sukunda

Stats: Phy [Str] Fire [Str] Ice [Wk] Electric [Wk] Wind [ ] Dark [Str] Light [Wk]

I AM FINALLY WORKING ON IT.

Seriously... fuck RL.

And fuck my depression.

Working on it now.

If this is still a thing, I'd like to say I'm interested. Very very interested. :jump:

Woo, maybe it'll happen after all! :D

Hey, I'm pretty interested as well! I'll start working on a character too. This seems pretty ambitious, and I like the idea of this 'Mad World'. Then playing it as if it were Persona is also something I never did before that I do want to try. But I have a few questions.

1. Will it be an issue if I don't know much about Alice in Wonderland in general? I never really seen any of the movies or read any book about Alice in Wonderland (Yeah, I know, I suck '^^).
  2. Will it be like the Persona games (well at least like P3-P5) where the role play ends after a year, or will it go through our characters four years in Dodgson Academy?
  3. I never really did anything like this before, with the entire D&D aspect of dice rolling. So is it okay to basically be role playing such a cool idea with such a noob like me?
I hope I don't seem like a bother asking all these questions, and I hope to hear from you soon!

I've never done a dice roll RP for more than three posts myself so if 3 is a problem then I guess I'm out of here too. c':

Wow. People. XD

Yes, if there is still interest it will still happen, just need characters and id be willing to start up with four.

1. You do not need to know much about alice in wonderland, just google characters from it and pick one you like, if you feel you can turn it into a persona, go for it.

2. If we make it that far, we will continue going. we shall see where the story takes us.

3. The dice aspect just makes it so that combat and certain other activities have more of a random sense to them, as opposed to the rp-er deciding if they did well or not and trying to have balance with it. Rolling high, means you do exceptionally well, rolling low means you screw up. Some activities will have a specific number you have to beat to succeed. That's all. It means potentially, based on luck, you could be the best thing ever, or the worst thing. you don't get to decide though as it is mostly chance.

Would saturday be a good dedline for all of you guys to have CS up?

Reactions: Iceydaze
Coolio~ that actually sounds super fun. My luck has always been amazing. o .o)ง I just probably jinx'd myself.

Oh well, Ill get mine up tomorrow.

Ahh by tomorrow I mean today.

Human
tumblr_mu5h9nloRj1rqaz8yo1_r1_500.gif

Name: Dae Stryker
(Originally Reign Armoni Luster)

Weapon: Rapier

Appearance:

PicsArt_05-14-08.44.21.jpg

As a witness to a horrific event, Dae was forced to change her appearance for her own protection. The child from before is now a flower that has yet to fully blossom. She is slender with delicate curves. Her once blonde locks are now a shade that leans towards lilac yet can seem like an off white when hit by natural light. She usually has it down, falling to her lower back, with a playful side braid but isn't against tying it back when necessary. Her face is small, making her large clear eyes stand out the most. Although usually the color would draw attention, since she wears lilac contacts to match her hair and of course hide away the soft blue shade beneath, Dae has the kind of stare that pierces through people unintentionally. Being usually lost in thought, she has a mysterious air around her that naturally draws others in.

Bio: Born into money, you could say that Dae had the best possible start. Her childhood was carefree and she had every need and want fulfilled by her loving parents. Still, it all went downhill upon being kidnapped when she was 12. Her parents instantly agreed to pay the ransom and met up with the kidnappers. What was meant to be a simple transaction ended up becoming a mess she'd never completely forget. Seeing an opportunity to use these people, the kidnappers upped the price to the point where even her father was a little hesitant. In this moment of hesitation, the man in charge shot several rounds into her mother before reloading and pulling Dae forward. With the gun pressed against her head, he once again raised the price. Having no choice, her father complied and transferred the money into the man's account only to be rewarded with a quick and fatal head shot. With all these gunshots being fired, it was only natural that someone would have heard them. Sirens were soon heard in the distance and the men hurried to escape. Not wanting Dae to drag them down, they also shot her in the head and made their escape.

Miraculously, Dae survived. Waking up in a hospital, she found herself feeling as if she had lost something important. Even as she was rehabilitated, she couldn't remember anything prior to waking and soon found she also had trouble processing some information as well. Still, she can't be considered stupid. As soon as she was well enough, she was sent to live with her distant aunt who had lost her own child long ago. This being so, she named her after her lost daughter and cares for her almost obsessively as if she were her own.

Prior to that dark event, she was ahead academically and was already on the verge of having to take college level classes. Still, not wanting to stress her out by pushing her too hard, her aunt admitted her into Dodgson Academy.

A little extra:
-To cope with her memory loss, she carries a journal to jot things down.
-Memorywise, Dae has trouble with faces and names in particular. At worst, she'll forget stressful days.
-Dae was somewhat into fencing when she was younger. When people say that the body remembers what the mind can't, this is what it refers to when it comes to Dae. Unfortunately, she's only familiar with basic movements.

Stats: Courage: [ 1 ] Knowledge [ 2 ] Expression [ 1 ] Understanding [ 2 ] Diligence [ 1 ]

~~~~

Persona

Name: White Rabbit

Arcana: Empress

Appearance:
Lunalight.White.Rabbit.full.1973675.jpg

Basically like Lunalight White Rabbit except she has a flowing white asymetrical skirt to match the top and her mask wraps around and outward like a crown.

Spells: Bufu, Dia

Stats: Phy [ - ] Fire [ Wk ] Ice [ Str ] Electric [ - ] Wind [ - ] Dark [ Wk ] Light [ Str ]

[[If I need to change or fix anything let me know and I'll do so before Saturday. I kinda rushed it out of habit so I wouldn't be surprised if it needs more work. o .o)7 ]]​

Status
Not open for further replies.