1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Intermediate
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Alt History, Anything really. It honestly depends on how I'm feeling. I am always up for a good, solid Cyberpunk RP. I'm also up for Crossover RPs.

Tokyo, 20XX+1/3

170606110126-tokyo-skyline-super-tease.jpg

"Should intermitted vengeance arm again / His red right hand to plague us?"
-Paradise Lost (Book II, 170-174)

Shibuya-Area.jpg

Tokyo is a city with a population of 13.62 million people. Japan as a whole has a population of 137 million on a landmass roughly the size of Germany. Electronics are a prominent part of the culture. From the cellphones everyone carries with them, to large electronic billboards on buildings in Shibuya, to personal computers, everyone has some sort of electronic device with them. Devices that can be used to help and to monitor. 137 million people, with devices on them that can be used for monitoring purposes. Devices that

It's been 4 months since Masayoshi Shido was ousted by The Phantom Thieves. In that period of time, it's been a tumultuous time for Japanese Politics and the interim Prime Minister who has had to pick up the mess left by the previous two Prime Ministers. Recently, a party sponsored by the Japanese branch of American-based technology company Theta has been rising in Japanese political circles, taking control of the power vacuum left by the recent events. The Gamma Party has won many gains in the Diet, and has become a major player on the political scene, even nominating a candidate to take the place of the interim Prime Minister.

However, Theta Japan holds a dark secret. It wishes to manipulate politics and install a police surveillance state within Japan. The CEO then wants to take control of Theta Central and then from there, the entire world. Fortunately, there's a new generation of Phantom Thieves, ready to fight back.

Kosei Academy, a school in Roppongi related to one of the last Phantom Thieves has produced the new generation to pick up the mantle. These new Phantom Thieves have come forward to fight the power and once again save the world.

Character Sheet:

vlr18lip3nvy.png

Appearance: (Images work fine. If you have one for your Phantom Thief form as well, you can put that)

Name:

Backstory:

Personality:

Arcana:
(Use this to help choose depending on your character's personality)

Primary weapon:
(melee and gun)

Anything I forgot:

Rules:
  1. All Iwaku Rules apply
  2. As the GM, my word is law
  3. Please don't drag OoC Conflicts into the IC and Vice-Versa.
  4. If you have any questions, feel free to PM them to me!
  5. Have fun!

Characters:

Tarot_Card_Entry_Cover.jpg

0: The Fool (Shinji Kakutama)
1: The Magician
2: The High Priestess
3: The Empress
4: The Emperor
5: The Hierophant
6: The Lovers
7: The Chariot (reserved, me)
8: The Justice
9: The Hermit (Katsuo Arakawa)
10: Wheel of Fortune
11: The Strength
12: The Hanged Man (Sakiko Mizushima)
13: Death (Reserved)
14: Temperance (Ayame Abe)
15: The Devil
16: The Tower
17: The Star
18: The Moon (Kaede Sadow)
19: The Sun (Aki Kiyoko)
20: Judgment
21: The World

Last edited:
Reactions: Velvetean
thumb-350-714442.png

Photo Credit
Her height is around 5'3"
Phantom Outfit:
cecf4b5e395912a0099152144c1a635a.jpg

Photo Credit:Character design
Also with an Emporer butterfly mask.
emperor_butterfly_mask_by_yourprincessluna-daa6pdb.jpg

Name: Ayame Abe

Backstory: Ayame has always been known to be a troubled student. Ever since grade school, her parents have been getting calls about her conduct within school. It's unknown where her temper came about, but it probably resulted from her father who also has a hot-tempered. This trait in her father has lead him to the path of being a freelance goon. For money, he brutally beats up or captures the person of his client's choosing. Her father is known in the underworld for his outstanding work and has many jobs come in regularly. Ayame has never witnessed a job, but has seen the reports on television. It's horrifying, but she keeps it to herself so her father won't face prison.

As for Ayame's mother, she works in the tea shop that is family-owned. It's been there for decades. Ayame helps out a lot at the tea shop after school or during suspension to rake in the income. Working at the tea shop is something Ayame enjoys and feels like can live off of, so she feels that she doesn't need school in order to work. It's probably all she is concerned about.

Personality: Ayame is a very strong-headed and quick-tempered individual. She is quick to rush into things and fails to think ahead. As a result, she tends to get herself into trouble. From fights to suspension, Ayame has been through it all. Despite that, nothing hasn't been able to knock her down. No matter how many times they suspend her, she always comes back to do what she wants. Her endless optimism and perseverance have managed to keep her afloat along with her ignorance from not being in school.

Arcana: Temperance

Primary weapon: Brass knuckles and pistol

I hope this is fine ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Khan of the Mardu
Appearance:
305218.jpg

A young man of average height, sporting a wild mane of golden hair. Piercing hazel eyes, and the demeanor of an respectful if distant student who wears his uniform with humble pride in his clean appearance. Outside of school, his outfit consists of a soft blue button up shirt, comfortable jeans, and a gray jacket that he generally keeps the hood of up.
305487.jpg
Name: Katsuo Arakawa

Backstory:
Originally from the Mie prefecture within the Kansai region, Katsuo and his younger sister Honoka moved to Tokyo when they were placed under the guardianship of his maternal aunt Himiko after the abandonment of their mother and the death of their father roughly. While his younger sister has acclimated well to the new circumstances within the metropolis, the older teen has maintained a rather aloof presence towards the national capital, preferring the comfort of the few books on philosophy that were left by his father and the quiet work of helping his aunt in her computer repair shop. Few of his classmates seem to ever really notice his presence outside of class assignments, and fewer still would call him a friend as he typically vacates the grounds of Kosei within minutes of the final class's end.

For the young man who regrets leaving the peaceful forests of Mie, such a situation is fine - his isolation is his own little sanctuary away from the hustle and bustle of his classmates and the city at large.

Personality: Aloof and relatively quiet, Katsuo tries his best to stick to the crowd in public, not wishing to be singled out for trouble. His anonymity is what he values most in the intruding metropolis of Tokyo, and he defends it as best he can. A gloomy young man who jumps to the call for action only if there is a need to protect the choice to reside in obscurity.

Arcana:
Hermit

Primary weapon:
Spears and assault rifles

Anything I forgot:
Makoto is best girl.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Appearance:
Stands around 5'5", rather thin framed with some curves, dark brown hair and reddish brown eyes, curiously wears a tokin hat most of the time.

ayayaya.png

Phantom Thief:

ayayaya2.png

Name: Mizushima, Sakiko

Backstory: Sakiko is one of the few survivors of a magnitude 7.5 Earthquake that devastated her home village in southern Japan, being bounced around fairly often she came to stay with an Aunt an Uncle in Osaka who promptly sent her to Tokyo for schooling, not really knowing anyone here, her Aunt and uncle send her a small allowance from time to time. Since then she's survived a few other accidents and close calls, and tends to avoid others as a result, believing she is cursed rather than it being happenstance. Currently at the school she is a photographer in the School Newspaper, though she doesn't hang around most of the members. Overall her presence is rather low key in the school, she doesn't seem to much like the city.

Personality: Sakiko can be a bit moody and keeps others at a distance given her trauma, she seems to be a rather nice girl at her core, though she seems to have a willingness to seek out the truth, or at least what is interesting. She seems to believe she is cursed and as a result keeps others at a distance. Growing up in the country she rather dislikes the hustle and bustle of the City. Seems to be a follower of shugendō.

Arcana: HANGED MAN
bWqXa28.png

Primary weapon: Dual Katana, pictured in phantom thief form, Skorpion Vz. 61 SMG.
semi_auto_without_stock_and_select_fire_switch.jpg

Anything I forgot: No, but I might add little odd facts here later on.

Last edited:
  • Love
c29b28cbaa6c28cd980ead607bdde37b.png

[spoili]
15b6f1505da9cfdc6f3a7b8ceaeb9669--rwby-fanart-ruby-rose.jpg
[/spoili]
[spoili]
9e2ad5e0bd2544862db68a3d7d25475e.jpg
[/spoili]
Name: Aki Kiyoko

Backstory: Aki grew up in a family of four, though typically only felt true connection with her elder sibling. With her father always away on business trips and her mother working long hours as a department manager for an insurance firm, the few moments of interaction the siblings had consisted of lecture and scoldings. With the bar of expectations set high for both of the girls, rather than conform to it, eventually pushed them away. Once her elder sister, Akame, had graduated, she left home and started working as a tattoo artist in Tokyo. Aki herself remained for a while, thought that perhaps Akame’s leaving would make her parents ease up. However all it did was make them tighten their grip. Now it was expected of Aki to thrive not just for her own sake, but to make up for her “failure” of a sibling too, which she didn’t. The increased pressure caused her to crack more than it did strengthen and when she confronted her parents on how she felt, Aki was more or less deemed a failure as well and cast out.

After being practically kicked out, Aki migrated to Tokyo to move in with her sister and continue schooling. She’s a bit nervous being in a new city, but is hopeful that she can enjoy her youth leisurely while figuring out what she wants to do with the rest of her life.

Personality: A beacon of joy, if not an awkward one. Kind, curious, naive and that funny kind of clumsy, Aki acts like one of those girls who typically would be rather popular, however her inexperience in dealing with people from her upbringing shows via her quirky nature. Often too blunt in how she speaks, running her speech on for lengthy periods of time and whether it’s being clutzy or just having bad luck always seems to mess up on something whether that be simply tripping up on something or getting the completely wrong room number.

A loyal friend to have and amusing person to be around.

Arcana: Sun

Primary weapon: Pole-axe and a shotgun

Last edited:
  • Love
uOeuPew.png

Name: Shinji Kakutama

Backstory: When Shinji's mother was a young woman, she moved from England over to Japan to study overseas. There, she met Shinji's father, settled down to live there, and started a family. Shinji is the oldest of two children.

Ever since he was young, Shinji felt that he had bad luck in life. When he was twelve, his mother was involved in a car accident that she was blamed for. The accident killed four people and badly injured his baby sister. His mother was sent to prison for this while his little sister received multiple life-altering injuries and paralysis from the waist down.

Because of his mother's reputation, Shinji is treated poorly at school. This caused him to act out in order to gain more attention. He became a class clown of sorts, goofing off and drawing attention to himself with pranks and jokes that only made things more difficult for him.

During his days off, he spends his time working at various part time jobs to help his father pay for his younger sister's medical bills and also spends his time trying to find ways to make her happy. He even steals things for her, doing absolutely anything he can to brighten her spirits.

Shinji likes the color green, is superstitious, silly, and enjoys collecting good luck charms.

Personality: Shinji is a goofy and playful person on the surface, but deep down he is quite frustrated with his situation. He is also rather tolerant and determined.

Arcana:
144d84d17b9d3130fb9a9a8b0950c119.png

Primary Weapon: Short Swords and silenced pistols

Anything I forgot:

Phantom Theif Outfit:
[spoili]
51a07be030189e2d43c0abbe21f85c25.png
[/spoili]

Other Info:
[spoili]
If we're allowed to design our persona for this rp, here's the one my character was going to have in my other persona rp. This can be tweaked or removed if need be.

Persona Info:

Name: Icarus

Appearance: http://orig02.deviantart.net/e335/f...ay_owl__ab_added__by_polis_adopts-dawo7p1.png

Spells:
Zio, Kouha, Sukukaja

Stats: Phy [-] Fire [-] Ice [-] Electric [Str] Wind [Wk] Dark [Wk] Light [Str][/spoili]
And Joker is best boy.

Last edited:
Kagura.%28Gin.Tama%29.full.1069676.jpg
DAINA.%28VOCALOID%29.600.1992261.jpg

Mask:
0bbcc7a7e0b88f4b1a692e4e54a0e70a.jpg
Name:
Kaede Sadow

Female

Backstory:
Kaede has lived in Tokyo her whole life. She was there when the Phantom Thieves were big, and remembers all the turmoil from the Prime Ministers changing. Since then she's tried to keep an ear out for their current activities. She finds them interesting, but since then has lived a fairly normal life, which frustrates her to no end. Her parents moved away after the Phantom Thief incident, citing that the city had just gotten too weird for them. She works part time in a yakisoba shop, and lives alone in a cheap apartment.

Personality:
To the world, Kaede is the jokester. She'll be the first to be sarcastic at the teacher, laugh at other's jokes, and is typically pretty loud. Kaede tends to bridge gaps between her and others quickly, aiming to create more and more friends. However, it should be noted that Kaede is not 'popular'. In many circles, she's the errand girl. Someone who is desperate enough to try and buy friendship with bread and drinks. However, this doesn't seem to dissuade a few people from treating her too poorly.

She knows this. For every joke she tells is a hidden dagger of self-hatred. On some level, Kaede thinks if she can just get through this, she'll get the high school life and friends that everyone talks about. If she can just push on past this breaking point, it'll all be worth it. That she'll finally have a more interesting story than those around her.

Arcana:

THE MOON
latest

Primary weapon:
Kicks

GLM Grenade Launcher
c2ag_250x167_3_ICS-190.jpg

Anything I forgot:

superbi_squalo_scan_by_aloiichigo-d61y3wa.jpg

Name:
Noboru Takehiko
Backstory:
Born out of wedlock between a man from outside Japan and a native young lady, much of Takehiko's past is a complete mystery to him. All he does remember is that his parents both died in an accident and that, since he had no other family, he was taken by a close friend of the family and moved to Tokyo soon after it. Still young at the time, he barely had to adapt at all, and found himself growing up in an very educational, yet cold environment. He rarely saw himself being spoiled or anything, but it was good enough that he was raised with integrity and impressive maturity, and didn't yearn for the love he didn't have since his parents death. If anything, he is very happy with the life he needs and is thankful to his guardian's intervening.

The boy has found himself living under the wings of Noboru Takeda, a friend of his parents that works on shady negotiations between the underworld and the police force, which he makes sure that Takehiko is completely aware. Takeda often times finds himself away from home and rarely comes back, leaving Takehiko to himself and always expecting him to make the right choices. He trusts Takehiko to be aware of his position and this trust never failed him. He also makes sure to send someone to check on Takehiko, however, and may sometimes seem overprotective of the young man.

In general, Takehiko leads a life meant for success. He has excellent grades, being among the top ten of his school's, doesn't shy from physical activity, although he is not anything special at it, and has a rather large reputation among school as the Student Council vice-president, as well as his already captivating appearance. In particular, he receives a lot of attention from the girls of the school, which he considers a gross exaggeration. While he does not find the reputation enough of a bother, he certainly would prefer to be an incognito.

Personality:
Maturity and simplicity are two trademarks of Takehiko. He doesn't seem to mind great sums of wealth and isn't moved by large amounts of prestige. If anything, he seems to own a simple lifestyle where all he really does is keep to himself and help those he can. Because of this, he may come off as nosy, but won't mind being told off or flipped away. Most of the times, he'll try to deflect any of this through humor.

Which he also uses to deflect anyone prying into his life. He seems adamant on leaving his past behind and working on his future alongside Takeda instead, and although he admits to being estranged to the past happenings that include his parents, he isn't far too interested in knowing exactly what happened. He also would never beg for people to love him and understands the hardships that his guardian might go through to show him affection. All in all, he is someone who understands what has happened and transpired, and doesn't rage against it at all, preferring instead, to aim for a higher road.

While this is advantageous to his personality, it also results in a big flaw in his personality: His lack of apparent ambition and how he conforms with whatever is given to him. In fact, although he has excellent grades, he is often asked from his teachers and others to work harder in order to show his true potential, but he doesn't seem keen on it. The young boy is easily satisfied with situations that are thrown his way and, in his eyes, things can stay how they are for as long as necessary.
Arcana:
Death
Primary Weapon/Phantom Thief:
A shotgun and claws.
__ciel_and_demonio_elsword_drawn_by_hwansang__sample-cb7f57dbc80d7943bf614963657e81ec.jpg

__ciel_and_demonio_elsword_drawn_by_kuroshio_maki__sample-74dc7a32334d595f716a805575580843.jpg

• Love
Alright, I will update the roster later today! It's looking good.

Will also begin work on the IC.

I'm waiting on @Reanimator Spuds and @Crow to post their CSes (and I need to post mine.)

I'll try to get the IC up tonight.

Sorry, I had some papers due this week. I'll try to get a post up soon

I still had interest in joining. I've been watching over my sick mother these past few days. I'll try to get my cs up soon.

New I still had interest in joining. I've been watching over my sick mother these past few days. I'll try to get my cs up soon.
Great! I'll squeeze you in in a few days, then. We'll have a prologue.

Reactions: ☆ Mirai ☆
Have you hit some snags in the IC thread, or is it being delayed in general? Rather doubt you just dropped it but was curious where the progress is currently at.

Have you hit some snags in the IC thread, or is it being delayed in general? Rather doubt you just dropped it but was curious where the progress is currently at.

A few snags, yeah. Mainly in getting together everyone's two person groups. Also had a ton of work to do yesterday.

If anyone wants anyone specific as their partner, tell me.

• Thank You
Reactions: RedArmyShogun
Ah I see, I'll pass that around to yz and emp for you. And that's understandable.

Still having some weird writer's block, will try to get it up as soon as I can.

Sorry for the delay!

Totally interested. Just stuck in choosing between Devil or Empress. Leaning towards devil for now. Lemme see what I can come up with after a nap and I'll get back to you on which one I'll try for.

Status
Not open for further replies.