Persona Ø [ OOC / Signups ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the delay, but I've been plagued with a few issues I need to sort out. I'll try my best to finish the character sheet off by tomorrow evening, but if I'm holding everything up, then I suppose you can just boot me to the curb and proceed on without me.
I mean, I really don't want to and I won't if I don't have to. But if your situation will affect IC posting later then you can drop out if you want. Alternatively, you can finish your character later and be introduced later.

Unfortunately, it seems I may not be able to commit myself to the degree I would like to this game, so I'll be dropping out at this point. I do apologize for the convenience and I hope the game goes well for the rest of you.

Unfortunately, it seems I may not be able to commit myself to the degree I would like to this game, so I'll be dropping out at this point. I do apologize for the convenience and I hope the game goes well for the rest of you.
Aww, I'm sorry to hear that. I wish you could've stayed on but I understand. Thanks for taking an interest in the first place.

As for everyone else, I'm ready to make the IC at any moment now. I believe we are just waiting on Heyitsjiwon now.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
IC's been created: Link

For your introduction post, you can go ahead and post about the events of April 9 and April 10. Just make sure to have your character enter the special geography class at the end of the day on April 10. As for the MC's name, it was a tie between Arashi and Makoto so I just flipped a coin. Heyitsjiwon, you're welcome to jump in anytime when you're done with your character.

I might be interested in giving this a go. There's definitely a lot of effort put into this RP and I would love to learn this rp out.

I'll make a character sometime this week. Taking the Death Arcana if you guys are fine with it.

I might be interested in giving this a go. There's definitely a lot of effort put into this RP and I would love to learn this rp out.

I'll make a character sometime this week. Taking the Death Arcana if you guys are fine with it.
Sure thing. I'll have Death reserved for you.

IC's been created: Link

For your introduction post, you can go ahead and post about the events of April 9 and April 10. Just make sure to have your character enter the special geography class at the end of the day on April 10. As for the MC's name, it was a tie between Arashi and Makoto so I just flipped a coin. Heyitsjiwon, you're welcome to jump in anytime when you're done with your character.
i plan on replying as soon as possible, meaning between tomorrow and today, i just need to know some details prior to writing down. 1. do we all experience the situation with igor? even if not mentioned, I wished to know if this would be a trait we all shared, given we will be capable to fuse personae right? 2. By joining the geography class at the end of the day you mean enlisting during the evening or at some point during the 10th of april? would this mean our first meeting of this class would be that same day or the following?

i plan on replying as soon as possible, meaning between tomorrow and today, i just need to know some details prior to writing down. 1. do we all experience the situation with igor? even if not mentioned, I wished to know if this would be a trait we all shared, given we will be capable to fuse personae right? 2. By joining the geography class at the end of the day you mean enlisting during the evening or at some point during the 10th of april? would this mean our first meeting of this class would be that same day or the following?
1. Only the MC has the event with Igor. Everyone else will meet with Igor at a later event. 2. You've already been enrolled in the Geography class. It's the last class of the day so just make sure your character arrives at that class during April 10.

Yo. I'm fairly interested in joining. Need some time to work on a character though.

Figure I'd work on it tonight and have something available tomorrow. Might post something tonight if I really get into it.

Sadly it will be another Male character.

Yo. I'm fairly interested in joining. Need some time to work on a character though.

Figure I'd work on it tonight and have something available tomorrow. Might post something tonight if I really get into it.

Sadly it will be another Male character.
Interest noted. And it doesn't really matter if your character's a male at all.

Looked things over and put a good bit of thought into character stuff. Wont be throwing anything concrete up tonight.

I was having a little trouble finding ideas for a Persona I really liked a lot. Tossed about the concept of a Phoenix but it doesn't seem as... unique named as some of the other player's Personas here. I'll probably skim more fairy tales tomorrow and see what I wind up with.

Was also considering Temperance as this person's Arcana. Not final or anything but it fits the mental idea of what I have for him.

Looked things over and put a good bit of thought into character stuff. Wont be throwing anything concrete up tonight.

I was having a little trouble finding ideas for a Persona I really liked a lot. Tossed about the concept of a Phoenix but it doesn't seem as... unique named as some of the other player's Personas here. I'll probably skim more fairy tales tomorrow and see what I wind up with.

Was also considering Temperance as this person's Arcana. Not final or anything but it fits the mental idea of what I have for him.
If you need help finding a suitable character for your Persona, just ask. And remember: it's not just from fairy tales but could also be from folklore, stories, etc. Anything but religious deities or really prominent religious characters.

Here's the profile I managed to get thus far. Still need a bit more time to consider Personas and such. I have an online tabletop campaign in an hour so I'll try to get this done before then. If I can't manage before then I'll probably get it in either during the campaign if it only requires minimal input from me or after it's finished.

Personal Information
Name: Kaito Sugiyama
Sex: Male
Date of Birth: July 15
Grade Level: Second
Appearance:
(I'll probably try to draw a picture later, and until I get one that I can half accept live with a description)
Kaito is tall, easily taller than most of his peers by a head. When not in school uniform he is notable for wearing white suits which appear to have been tailored especially for him. He looks to be fairly handsome though not exceptionally so. His hair is dark brown and tidy. It seems to never get any longer or change day to day which insinuates constant care.
Personality: Prim, Proper, and distant are words that people would use to describe him. His expression often is one of a restrained smile when forced to talk to others, the kind you might see on an employee working at a store.

Combat Information
Main Arcana: Temperance
Compatible Arcana: Sun, Chariot
HP: 72
SP: 48
Mask: A bear mask. Not one of grizzled anger but of simple existence.
Weapon Type: Spears (Pierce)
Equipment:
Weapon: Decorative Spear - While it looks fancy it is clearly not meant for actual combat. Deals 15 Pierce damage.
Armor: Tailored Suit - A white suit that was made for Kaito. No effect.
Accessory: Pocket Planner - A small blue book filled with dates and obligations. No effect.
Clothes: School Uniform

Initial Persona
Name: Cu Chulainn
Arcana: Temperance
Origin: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cú_Chulainn
Appearance:
Skills:
Hama
Cost - 7 SP
Effect - 25% Chance to kill an enemy.

Single Shot
Cost - 5% of HP
Effect - Deal 35 Pierce damage to one foe.

Dia
Cost - 4 SP
Effect - Heal 1 ally for 30 HP

Rakukaja
Cost - 12 SP
Effect - Increase the Defense of one Ally for 3 turns.

Resistances:
Slash: --
Strike: --
Pierce: Str
Fire: --
Water: --
Ice: Wk
Electric: --
Earth: --
Wind: --
Light: Nul
Darkness: Wk

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kingofheart
ScrapMettle, you mind changing his starting accessory to something else? The MC's accessory is a pocket watch so it would be better if you character has a different accessory item. Also, that's 3 people with a first name that has an "ashi" pronunciation (Arashi, Tadashi, and, now, Katashi). I might change the MC's name to Makoto Shirasagi then lol

Ahh that's fine. Funny enough I cross referenced and checked to make sure there was no overlap on pretty much everything else except the accessory apparently. Also if needed I can change the name without any real issues. Would take less effort than you changing things in the already made post.

Yeah, other than the accessory, I see no other overlap. And if you can change the name to something more distinguishable that would be great. It'd be weird to have too many similarly named characters. I look forward to your finished CS.

ALRIGHT That should be everything. I went ahead and updated the character sheet up there. Feel free to look it over and tell me if I messed anything up horribly.

Sorry I forgot to mention this guys but I've been busy all day and only now could I get on.

ScrapMettle:
- I don't know if I explained it or not but Hama/Mudo works by rolling numbers 16-20 (same for Ailment skills). Higher level Hama/Mudo skills decrease the roll requirement by 2 with every level e.g. (16-20) --> (14-20) --> (12-20). This is just an FYI.
- Add this to Rakukaja: "Damage taken by ally decreases by 10%."

That's all, you're accepted and can post immediately.

Yar a 25% chance is standard for light/dark skills so I kind of expected as much.

That does remind me I wanted to address the Kaja skills. Could we bump them up to 25% at least? If not a little bit more (Possibly 30%) I mostly ask because I don't think 10% is a large enough of a change mathematically for the SP cost/turn used. Looking at an attack skill best makes my case here. Lets say you're going to do 30 damage with an ice skill. The damage would end up being 33 with the current method which isn't really that big of a jump. Especially if you consider using that same turn to say do a basic attack. Weakest physical attack we have right now is 15 damage. Since Kaja skills only last three turns the bonus damage you would do would figure out to about 9 from the fairly costly skill. Compared to a basic attack doing 6 more net damage for a weaker physical character.

If it was say to be 25 percent the bonus damage would end up making the ice skill do roughly 37-38 damage depending on rounding. So three rounds with that makes the net gain 21-24 damage compared to a basic attack of 15 so it is very minimally better. Falls a bit off when you consider TP cost and such.

I figure it's a similar case with other Kaja skills, the 10% damage resistance wont really play as huge a role when we could just cast Dia for half the cost and restore a ton more HP (I understand the concept of defending against huge attacks with defense skills, I just don't think the 10% would work well enough). For the bonus to hit being a +1 is only really a 5% improvement compared to the 75% standard hit chance. Statistically would be better to just try attacking multiple times. What I'd personally do is probably put hit chance at around 70% and with the to hit boost bump it up by 20%-25% almost guaranteeing a hit for a few turns if you took the effort to actually cast the spell.

I'm not like demanding this or anything. More just bringing it up as a topic of discussion. In Persona games buff skills are huge and can turn the tides of battle but take turns and SP to consistently upkeep, I kind of would like them to have a similar oomph. Of course I would expect these changes to apply to enemies as well.

Anyways aside from that I'll probably throw up a post tomorrow after I finish some work cause it's kind of late now.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 person
ScrapMettle, you made a compelling argument for the Prayer (Kaja/nda) skills. All of them will be bumped to 25%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.