Persona 5 Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dusk

SO MUCH HYPE!!!!

In case you haven't seen it yet, here it is. And here is the Kotaku article with translations and analysis and such.

What are your thoughts on this, fellow Persona fans? Do you like the departure from P3 and P4 that P5 seems to be taking (what seems to be a more action-y feel opposed to the half visual novel, half action-RPG feel of the past two installments), or would you rather stick to all those Social Links and party members?

Personally, I'm more for it than against it, with a couple reservations. With hints of platforming and maybe stealth, we're definitely gonna see dungeons change. Maybe I'm off with that comment of it being more action-based, considering the school setting was shown and will most likely have the same importance as it has in the past games. The game itself looks positively gorgeous, though considering Catherine was a sort of trial run for P5, I'm not surprised. With whispers of a Japan/NA simultaneous release, excited doesn't do my feelings justice.

So yeah, what do you guys think?

• Love
Reactions: K3l
The Catherine styles fits the game perfectly I think. It's so pretty, and the trailer was suave as fuck. I need that song, and if the music is good throughout the game then the game has won my heart.

As for the departure from P3 and P4, I'm fine with it as long as they don't screw it up. I'm not one to complain or hate on new features without seeing and experiencing them first, so I guess you could say I'm open minded about these things. It looks great, so let's just hope that is great.

Never heard of it, but it looks like the same as Catherine in a few instances.
Then again I began backing off of most anime or anime based media after awhile. A lot of it began meshing together and seemed dull. But to each his own.

Though it certainly looks interesting.

Edit: Posted too late, @Expllo hit the Catherine nail on the head.

The Catherine styles fits the game perfectly I think. It's so pretty, and the trailer was suave as fuck. I need that song, and if the music is good throughout the game then the game has won my heart.

As for the departure from P3 and P4, I'm fine with it as long as they don't screw it up. I'm not one to complain or hate on new features without seeing and experiencing them first, so I guess you could say I'm open minded about these things. It looks great, so let's just hope that is great.
Yeah, it does. Protag even looks kinda like a teenage Vincent, at least with that hairstyle. And that music...oh lordy that music just made me melt @.@ I think Atlus knows what it's doing, at least I hope they do, so I'm thinking it'll be a lovely adventure.

Never heard of it, but it looks like the same as Catherine in a few instances.
Then again I began backing off of most anime or anime based media after awhile. A lot of it began meshing together and seemed dull. But to each his own.

Though it certainly looks interesting.

Edit: Posted too late, @Expllo hit the Catherine nail on the head.
I feel ya, friend. I still anime like mad, but I can see where it all starts becoming a featureless gray mass. Hoping this'll bring some life to the mix.

Also, I just noticed that the team is fighting Sandmen, which are Demons in other SMT games. They may be going back to Persona 2's demon fighting aesthetic, or the demon fighting aesthetic of every other SMT game. Pretty interesting.

Yeah, it does. Protag even looks kinda like a teenage Vincent, at least with that hairstyle.
I just noticed that o_o

And that music...oh lordy that music just made me melt @.@
I love a good soundtrack v.v

I think Atlus knows what it's doing, at least I hope they do, so I'm thinking it'll be a lovely adventure.
They know what they're doing, hence it not looking like the same game again *Cough*

I genuinely can't contain my excitement. The game appears to be just oozing style, and as much as I loved the previous instalments the new direction Atlus is taking the series in looks positively divine. It's early days yet, but I'm on the edge of my seat already.

I genuinely can't contain my excitement. The game appears to be just oozing style, and as much as I loved the previous instalments the new direction Atlus is taking the series in looks positively divine. It's early days yet, but I'm on the edge of my seat already.
I honestly screamed a little, not gonna lie. It's just so freaking gorgeous...

Looks neat. Liked p4. Glad I got a ps4.
I'm just glad they're releasing on both PS3 and PS4. Probably only because they were working on it before the PS4 released, but still.

Dual release like that? Wonder what they're offering to make it different. Usually in these circumstances they gimp something on last gen to try and sell the next gen more.

Example I can think of is Titanfall recently, released a month or so after its next gen release. But who knows, that release helps it reach a broader audience.

I wouldn't be surprised necessarily if they did. They might just add exclusive stuff to the PS4 version, or make it have higher-fidelity visuals and such. I'm not too worried about it though.

I swearrrr if the cat dont make cat puns Im going to cry big boy tears!

Huh. That is pretty interesting. Now I'm starting to understand that whole "You're a Slave" thing from the announcement trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.