Persona 4 Rp - Burn My Lies - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xylime

Original poster
Here is the OOC for the Persona 4 rp! Everyone please read the information here on the first page. Those who saw the interest check, go ahead and skip it because it's everything I already told you. However, please read the Character Creation Rules.

1) I know it's a little unfair, but I do want people to have played Persona 4. (at least enough to know the premise, how battle works, etc) This knowledge will be invaluable to the rp. However, having played Persona 3/Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4 Arena is optional (but I would be using them in the rp as explained below)

2) This would be based on Persona 4, with similar events, but in a different location with different characters (except for the lovable mascot Teddie, he stays). The Rp will take place in Kobe, Japan.

3) The plot would be loosely based on P4, with different "villains"and a different ending. (meaning semi-spoilers mostly because of Teddie)

4) I don't like designating main character replacements, so instead I'd adding in members from the Kirijo Group from Persona 3 (those who have played Persona 4 Arena might understand how this would work) They would be the initial gateway into the TV world. They would also attend school with the group and give out evokers (so pretty much everyone can start out with a Persona)

5) On the topic of Personas, they could be canon ones from the game, or your own creations. Regular student Personas would start with the basic moves while Kirijo group members could have slightly stronger ones (though everyone would equal out pretty soon into the rp)

6) I won't lie, I would be very picky on characters. This doesn't mean I'd pick apart everything (or that your character is bad if I do) but this rp requires a certain...standard? I would be specifically picky on Shadows and characters' personalities (mainly they would need a "weakness" for their Shadow to exploit, if that makes sense)

7) I would be kinda picky on grammar, sentence structure, spelling, etc. I know that I am by no means perfect, but there is a level that I would like to see (and since Persona 4 is technically rated M, I'm assuming that most people who would join would be mid-teens and up). I think the main thing I hate and would call out is run-on sentences. Please break up sentences. I prefer sentences to be too short than too long.

8) No one-liners. I'm not really going to have a due date, but know that this is going to be a bit on the slower side. That means, you have a large amount of time to come up with a good post reacting to everything. Interaction between character is fine, but I wouldn't want things clogged up with posts every hours.

9) Romance is a-okay! In fact, I encourage it! However, I think Persona handles it nicely with a fade to black with the phrase"MC and so-and-so spent a long time together". If you want to continue this romance, bring it to the Mature section or do it in PM. (but remember, keep within your age group!) Also, don't force a relationship on anyone. Let it develop naturally. I know it stinks when you want your character to get with someone but they can't, but that's life, am I right?

10) Not important, but I do like to make character icons for people! Here are two examples:

Yokoborder_zps571ae227.jpg
Jeanborder_zps865fb460.jpg

[Disclaimer: I don't draw them, just edit them (add borders, change colors, add color, etc)]​

1) Please try to make characters that are different than others. I don't want 5 Broody Mcbroodingtons running around.

2) A max of two of the same arcana please. Also, please try to relate your arcana to your character. The Persona Wiki gives a good explanation of what each arcana generally stands for and what characters typically are that arcana.

3) Taking from the Persona 4 anime, people can either use actual weapons, or can simply use their Personas. I will count regular Persona attacks equal to the damage of a weapon though, so don't think just using your Persona will give you an edge. If you are using your Persona, please write "N/A" in the weapon spot.

4) In Japan, high school only has three years instead of four. Here are the ages you can be and what class that would put you in:

14-16 = First Year

15-17 = Second Year

16-18 = Third Year​

5) Even though Japan puts their family name first, please do First Name then Last Name. This is to ensure that there is no confusion on which name is which. (and there can be foreigners, so it will work with their format)

6) Being a foreigner is fine, but please think about how that will affect your character. (Does your character not speak Japanese well? Do Japanese habits baffle your character? Etc.)

7) Some things aren't as important to fill in while others are vital. Your character's personality and the personality of your Shadow are VERY important. Character Past is also pretty important, because it shows how your character was shaped into what they are today.

8) If you are playing a Japanese character, please use honorifics! Here are the important ones that I want you to use! When it comes to addressing foreigners, go with your character's personality. (an extremely polite person would use honorifics regardless while others might just use the foreigner's name)

-Sensei = Generally used to address teachers and doctors. Can either be used by itself if it is obvious which teacher you are talking to, or used with a teacher's last name. Ex: Mari Nagase = Nagase-sensei

-Senpai = Used to address upperclassman. Ex: Yukiko-senpai (this can be used either with someone's first or last name, based on how close they are to you)

-San = Used to generally address a stranger or an acquaintance. Used primarily with a person's last name. (the first name can be used if you're a closer than acquaintances, but still want to be polite) Ex: Amagi-san

-Kun = Generally used to address a close guy friend or sometimes a younger guy. Usually used with a person's first name. Can be used for a girl if she's more boyish, but can sometimes be an insult. Ex: Kanji-kun

-Chan = Generally used to address a close girl friend or sometimes a younger girl. Usually used with a person's first name. It can be used for a guy, but is either commenting on how girly/cute a guy is, or is an insult. Ex: Nanako-chan​

9) Please be mindful when creating skills for Personas. Personas can have a max of 8 skills. Please use weak ones to start and you can make strong ones for your endgame. Canon Personas don't have to use the ones from the game (and shouldn't in the beginning if they are a high level persona). Please only use canon skills. (You can make up skills for your Shadow though)

Sidenote = Skills like "Die for Me" which are supposed to be 100% and kill everything not immune to it will not be so. I don't want someone to use that skill and leave no enemies for the others to fight. Just a warning.​

10) Personas will evolve, but don't have to change appearance like they do in P4. (but they can if you want them to)

11) Like Yosuke and Chie, dungeons are not required. If you don't want a dungeon, please put N/A in the dungeon spot. (if too many people do so, however, I will ask people if I can make a dungeon for/with them)

12) Like I said, I will be a harsh judge. However, everyone may be a harsh judge on me. If you feel something is wrong with my character, please let me know. Also, if you have a problem with someone else's character, please PM me and I will take it into consideration.

13) Post your characters here in the OOC. When I have reviewed them and accepted them, I will ask for them to be reposted in the Character Sheet thread that I will create when enough people are accepted.

14) A character can either be a part of the Kirijo group or a student. The Kirijo group will officially come in a day or two later (in game) but I will be doing PM stuff with you guys leading into it. It will also give Kirijo group members a chance to work out if their characters know each other, etc.

Sidenote = If we are lacking in one group or the other, I may let people have two characters. More will be explained if this ends up happening.​

15) I really really really like the use of pictures (...just saying)

Whew, that was a lot, sorry for so many rules, but hopefully they will help! When the time comes, I will include links to threads, characters, etc. I also may add new rules if I come up with any. I will always put up a new post saying I changed/added something, tell you guys what I changed/added, and change/add it to the first page.

Here is the blank character sheet! Please try to follow this sheet as closely as possible to make things easier for me to search (if I need to look something up about your character):

Name:

(Optional)Nicknames:

(Optional) Aliases:

Birthday/Birthplace/Nationality:

Class:

(Optional)Clubs/extracurricular activities:

(If any)Occupation:

Physical Appearance:

Clothing:

Personality:

Dislikes:

(Optional)Hobbies:

(Optional)Habits:

Persona:

Arcana:

Shadow:

[Personality]

[Human Appearance]

[True Form]

Dungeon:

Weapon:

Glasses:

Skills and Attributes:

[Skills at the beginning]

[Skills by the end of the RP]

[Persona’s Strength/Weakness]

At beginning:
After "Evolution":

Character Past:

Here is an example of a Student character sheet (mine) and a Kirijo Group character sheet (Liam van Alkema's). Use them as references, but don't be afraid to ask questions! (I'm using Liam's icon pic I made because I don't have his original pics. His character sheet, when posted, will include more pictures)

Name: Yoko Izawa

(Optional)Nicknames: Close friends might call her Yo-chan

(Optional) Aliases: None

Birthday/Birthplace/Nationality: February 3 / Kobe, Japan / Irish, German, Japanese mix

Class: 1st Year

(Optional)Clubs/extracurricular activities: None yet, planning to join Drama Club

(If any)Occupation: Student

Physical Appearance:
PossibleCharactercroppedanddarkened_zps0b1814d6.jpg

Yoko has medium blue eyes and sandy brown, medium length hair. She stands at 5'1" and she's an A-cup (translation = barely any chest). Her waist is between thin and average and her hips are on the bigger side considering her frame. Her skin is pale and she has moles in odd places.

Clothing: When in school, she properly wears her uniform, keeping her skirt slightly below her knees. She loves jewelry, especially earrings, and will wear them whenever she gets the chance.

On casual days in the warmer times of the year, Yoko wears capris and short sleeved shirts, avoiding low cut tops since it shows just how little of a chest she has. Though her favorite color is yellow, Yoko refuses to wear it because of her pale complexion and lighter hair, insisting that she would blind people. So her favorite colors to wear are usually darker colors like purple and black.

On casual colder days, Yoko wears simple skinny jeans with calve-high boots. Her shirts are usually turtleneck sweaters.

Yoko's formal attire is usually a simple grey dress with black ribbons. She wears black leggings under it. She of course has a matching set of jewelry to go with her ensemble.

Personality: Yoko is quiet in groups, part of the reason being that she's shy, the other part because she doesn't want to say something that would make anyone think she's stupid. When with close friends, she lets her guard down and is more willing to say anything and everything that comes to mind. She has a tendency to believe that she is always morally sound and silently ridicules people for certain choices they make. She pretends to be humble, but only because she wants people to not think she's compliment fishing. In actuality, she desires praise because she inwardly wants to believe that she's better at certain things than other people. It's the main reason she has taken up acting and singing.

Likes: Cute things, jewelry, unforced attention, singing, acting, her parents, knowing the answer to questions, practical gifts, humor, loyalty

Dislikes: Insects (specifically centipedes and spiders), looking like a fool, being lectured, history, physical contact, alcohol

(Optional)Hobbies: Acting and singing

(Optional)Habits: Yoko has a tendency to put her hair in her mouth when she'd thinking while bored. She also has a hard time looking people in the eyes when speaking or being spoken to.

Persona: Cu Chulainn
CuChulainn2_zps555c6e54.jpg

Cu Chulainn is an Irish mythical hero who appears in the stories of the Ulster Cycle, as well as in Scottish and Manx folklore. The son of the godLughand Deichtine (sister of the king of Ulster), he was originally namedSetanta, but gained his better-known name as a child after he killed Culann's fierce guard-dog in self-defense, and offered to take its place until a replacement could be reared. At the age of seventeen he defended Ulster single handedly against the armies of queen Medb of Connacht in the epic Tain Bo Cuailnge. It was prophesied that his great deeds would give him everlasting fame, but that his life would be short

Arcana: Tower

Shadow:

[Personality] Yoko's desire for praise is what her shadow has taken to heart. It will do something, then beg for everyone to praise her for it, wanting them to tell her how amazing she it. Yoko denies these feelings, not wanting people to think she's so petty and shallow as to desire other people's attention so badly. Every so often her shadow will say something really stupid that Yoko has thought before.

[Human Appearance] Yoko's shadow wears poorly done make-up and a puffy yellow dress with more jewelry than it should.
MyShadowyellowdressandhair_zps266182a0.jpg

[True Form] A baton twirler:
Trueformshadowrainbowbackground_zps1af8f652.jpg

Dungeon: The dungeon walls are painted random colors and have drawings on them (they aren't very good drawings). Paint splotches litter the floor. While traversing the dungeon, a fanfare plays.

Weapon: Dual Chakrams
Tomo_sChakrams_zps37b772cf.jpg

Glasses: Brown, square frames, clear lenses, the inside of the frame is a dark cream color
MyPersonaGlasses_zps2dea3468.jpg

Skills and Attributes:

Type: Wind/Physical

Garu, Magaru, Counter, Tarukaja, Cleave

Magarula, Deathbound, Matarukaja, High Counter, White Wall, Endure Dark, Garudyne,

Wind Amp

At beginning: Strong Wind/ Weak Ice
After "Evolution": Strong Physical/Reflect Wind/Weak Ice

Character Past:

With an Irish mother and a German/Japanese father, Yoko turn out looking different than most Japanese her age. Through a weird turn in genetics, she gained odd traits from her parents that resulted in her looking almost nothing like them. As a child, everyone called her weird, but she liked being unique and standing out amongst her peers. This attention shaped her into someone who loved to have the spotlight. She would often do things and expect praise, but her parents quickly fixed that. They explained to little Yoko that doing things just to get praise was looked down upon, and most people prefer a humble person. Yoko took this to heart, but though she strived to be humble, she still strongly desired attention and praise.

Through elementary school and most of middle school, Yoko had a simple school life. She slowly mellowed in her actions to gain attention and instead put those efforts into acting and singing, two things she found herself to be pretty good at. She liked singing and acting because the words were already there for her to say or sing, so she didn't have to fear sounding stupid. Mainly because it was someone else who put down the words, not her. She jumped around different friend groups at school, never seeming to find the right group that fit her. But she didn't mind, she liked just sitting and listening to people talk, and would avoid making opinions.

Near the end of middle school, there was a contest for a student to get a short story published in a famous magazine. Yoko got to work writing one, and asked her close friend Miki for help. Yoko's submission was pick, and when she was asked about it, Yoko humbly said that her friend Miki had done most of the work. Yoko thought that her comment would get her more praise, but when Miki was questioned on this, she claimed that the whole story was her idea and Yoko had stolen it. It was Yoko's word against Miki's and it was Miki who won out. Yoko's friends started ridiculing her, claiming that Yoko was a liar and a thief. But middle school was coming to a close, so Yoko shrugged of the claims, waiting for high school to begin. She hoped to gain back the friends and positive attention she had lost.

Name: Francois Jean Claude Geraux
Birthday: September 21
Birthplace: Lyons, France
Nationality: French
Class: First-Year
Clubs/Activites: N/A
Physical Appearance: 5’7” with a lanky build. He wears glasses and has a somewhat serious expression all the time.
Jeanborder_zps865fb460.jpg

Clothing: Wears standard uniform when applicable, spring/summer casual wear consists of blue long sleeved shirt with an unbuttoned white collared shirt and jeans. Fall/winter casual wear consists of red sweater over a white collared shirt and khaki pants.

Personality: Francois is a very serious kid. Growing up in an affluent family with the rules and pressures of French high society. Always polite, he tends to hide his emotions in public, but among people he’s close to he is very outspoken.

Likes: Personae, learning, the Kirijo Group, Japan, anime/manga, organized things

Dislikes: Reckless behavior, things he can’t explain, people entering his personal space bubble, messy rooms

Hobbies: Chess

Habits: Pushes up his glasses when he starts to talk.

Persona: Yatagarasu

Arcana: Sun

Shadow {Human Form}: Dressed as a Noble. With a fanciful coat and pants. It is actually an outfit he owns.

Shadow {Personality}: Extremely volatile and angry, he rages at the futility of the world and the constraints that he feels are forced upon him. He wishes for the destruction of the society that forces him to fulfill the obligations of his status.

Shadow {True Form}: Hapsburg Emblem Bird, one head attacks, the other heals, Left Wing flap deals damage to all enemies with feathers, right wing flap summons feathers as allies.

Dungeon: A castle under siege

Weapon: Bo Staff

Glasses: Plain black-rimmed glasses, they look identical to his glasses

Skills and Attributes:

Before Evolution: Resist Wind, Resist Light, Weak Ice

After Evolution: Absorb Wind, Block Light, Weak Ice

At the beginning: Agi, Dia, Sukukaja, Cool Breeze

At the end: Agilao, Diarahan, Masukukaja, Null Fear, Nervundi, Cool Breeze, Foul Breath, Spell Master

Past: Francois was born in raised in France and lived with his mother and father and older cousin, who was staying with them due to some family circumstances. Francois always looked up to his cousin for his straightforward attitude and ability to pursue his dreams without hesitation. However, growing up in French high society didn’t allow Francois the liberty of following his cousin around forever. Both boys had developed a strong interest in Japan and its culture, but only his cousin ever said anything about wanting to go there. Although rather affluent, his family had to rely on many people to send Francois’ cousin to Japan. And despite Francois’ desire to go to Japan as well, he felt forced to stay home since he knew of the family’s lack of resources. He felt that his cousin was receiving special treatment from his parents, and that his cousin was being very selfish for asking this. When the reality was that his family would have sent him as well if he had only asked.

Instead, at the request of his parents, Francois attended a boarding school in Central Europe that had ties to the Kirijo Group. While there his intelligence caught the attention of the Persona Division’s European branch. He was offered a full-ride through school in exchange for agreeing to work for the Kirijo Group with the Persona Division as a Persona-user. Thinking that this would be what his family would want him to do, form ties with an international conglomerate, Francois agreed. He spent the next two years learning how to control his Persona, Yatagarasu, and the proper use and maintenance for Kirijo Group equipment such as the Evokers. His parents, when they learned of this turn of events, were supportive of his decision, as Francois expected they would be. Being involved with a large company like the Kirijo Group was good for the family’s future anyway. As part of the Persona Division, Francois was told that he may need to travel at a moment’s notice to investigate situations that might have something to do with Shadows or Persona.

Despite the conditions and expectations that have been placed on his shoulders, Francois still wants to be able to pursue his own dreams and desires, although he really doesn't know what they may be.

Guys, have fun! I know I'm probably coming off as serious, but I just like to be super organized with this kind of thing. I loved my last group, but I also can't wait to see what kind of group we develop this time! If anyone wants an edit to a picture (change of eye/hair color, add color, etc) send it to me and I'll see what I can do!

But remember, in the end...

StickyourhandintheTV_zps6aa1548a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Name:
Kazuma Ishimaru

(Optional)Nicknames:
Kazu-kun

(Optional) Aliases:
N/A

April 4
Tokyo, Japan
Japanese

Class:
2nd Year

(Optional)Clubs/extracurricular activities:
N/A Thinking about joining Kendo.

(If any)Occupation:
Student
Part-time Waiter(Local Restaurant)

Physical Appearance:
anime-guys-anime-guys-5756788-394-561.jpg

Standing at five feet at ten inches, Kazuma can be considered a bit taller than the average Japanese male. Of course this does not seem to distract people from the dark red, almost black eyes. In truth he stands out quite a bit just from his facial features despite the fact that his hair is what is considered "normal". But aside from that is his general body build. His weight is slightly over what it should be for his height, but that's because of the muscles that he has essentially fought to obtain. Other than that he can be considered quite ordinary with the length of his limbs being proportional to his body. Unless you count how he always seems to glare at people.

Clothing:
-Street Clothes: He doesn't really like to stand out any more than he has to. That's why when it comes to clothes, he likes to keep things rather simple. Typically at any point of the day outside of school he can be seen wearing some sort of t-shirt, normally a darker color, with a pair of jeans and tennis shoes. At times he might wear a jacket that seems to almost blend in with his shirt with the exception of light brown trimming.

-School Clothes: Inside of school he tends to wear his uniform in any way that he wants. Normally this is done by keeping his jacket unbuttoned in the winter while his shirt is perpetually untucked and slightly unbuttoned at the top revealing a bit of his chest. But that seems to be the only form of modification to his appearance.

-Formal Attire: Even he can't escape being forced into formal attire at times. In truth this seems to be the only time where he can seem even somewhat approachable. That's because he always makes sure that he looks his best. His hair is always slicked back and combed to perfection, unusual considering the normally messy style. He also makes sure that his clothes are never wrinkled and lint-free. As for the clothes he tends to stick with a simple design of the typical black jacket, pants and leather shoes. The only thing that sets this apart from others is that the fabric is always of a higher quality.

Personality:
Spending ten minutes with him will let most people know that he's a jerk. He always acts like he could care less about someone and will even go out of his way to make fun of someone. But in truth this is only a front. He always finds himself worried about others and what they think about him. That's why he hates being ignored. To him there is nothing worse than being ignored by the people around him because it gives him the feeling of being real to them, and not just some random stand-in. But that's not to say that he broods all the time. No, most of the time he will brood over something for a very short time before motivating himself to get included even if they don't want him, which is normally the case. That being said he hates it when he's not invited to gatherings by people that he gets close to. To him it doesn't matter if he will go or not, it's the fact that they thought about him that makes him happy.

And then you have the personality that most people see. Not only is he seen as being a rude and mean jerk, he can also be very violent. He's always the first one ready to throw the first punch and will normally keep going until either he can't move, or his opponent is nothing but a bloody mess. But even this is against his character. He really only does this so that those that do acknowledge him don't see him as being weak. That's why if someone calls him out to be weak he normally answers with a foot in the person's face.

In short, what people see on the outside is simply a facade. He is really quite sensitive to those around him and easily depressed. The only thing is that he doesn't let things keep him down for long and will always seek to make things better. Only these normally back-fire due to his incredible insecurity and make things worse by turning him into the villain.

Open-mindedness
Helping others

Dislikes:
Being ignored
Being judged
Being forgotten
Fighting pointlessly
Bullying

(Optional)Hobbies:
Cooking
Exercising
Reading
Fishing

(Optional)Habits:
Slicks back his hair to show that he's getting serious.

Persona:
anime-demon--large-msg-117068380352.jpg%3Fpost_id%3D4631274

Arch Angel: An Angel that has fallen from the Grace of God and strives to earn its way back into Heaven despite the corruption of being amongst humans and demons alike.

Arcana:
Emperor

Shadow:

[Personality]
Kazuma's desire for acceptance is what fuels this particular Shadow. That's why he will often times try to beg for others to like him. But when this back-fires he goes into a weak and pathetic state that cries for acceptance while lashing out at all around him. In this state it is comparable to arguing with a small child. He won't agree to do anything and will try to force others to see things his way. In essence he can be nothing but a head-ache.

[Human Appearance]
This guys stands out more than anything else in the world. That's because he looks exactly like Kazuma, except for the eyes being a bright yellow and his clothing. His clothes change from one day to the next to represent the latest fashions. That's because he feels that if he dresses in what is currently popular he will be accepted by everyone around him.

[True Form]
monster-of-hell-327841.jpg

Bound Demon: A faceless demon covered in chains that fuse to his skin in various places. At random times he will drop a chain into the ground to summon a similar minion to aid him in combat.

Dungeon:
Winding halls with a floor made to look like old, decrepit streets with walls looking more like the exterior of buildings with various forms of graffiti all over them.

Weapon:
chain.jpg

A simple steel chain that he can use to either bind or slam his opponent.

Glasses:
reading-glasses.jpg

Black frames with a gray interior.((My actual glasses!))

Skills and Attributes:
Fire/Physical

Sonic Punch: A light striking physical skill that deals damage to a single enemy.
Bash: A light striking physical skill that deals damage to a single enemy.
Double Fangs: A light physical skill that hits the same target twice.
Agi: Inflicts a small amount of Fire damage on a single target.
Maragi: Inflicts a small amount of Fire damage on all targets.
Tarukaja: Increases a single ally's attack for a short amount of time.

Agneyastra: Inflicts a large amount of physical damage on all enemies up to three times.
Vicious Strike: Inflicts a large amount of physical damage on a single enemy.
God's Hand: Inflicts a severe amount of physical damage on a single target.
Agidyne: Inflicts a large amount of fire damage on one enemy.
Maragidyne: Inflicts a large amount of fire damage on all enemies.
Heat Riser: Increases an ally's attack, defense and agility for a short amount of time.
Evade Physical: Triples the chances to evade physical attacks.

At beginning:
Strong: Fire and Physical
Weak: Ice

After "Evolution":
Strong: Physical
Absorb: Fire
Null: Light
Weak: Ice and Dark.

Character Past:
To this day Kazuma is the only son of a very influential businessman and his ex-wife. The family of three originally started off living in Tokyo where his father worked at the time. But due to his father's position in the company, money was never an issue. The only issue that this caused for Kazuma is the fact that his father wanted nothing but perfection from his son. That why throughout the boy's life the man would always ignore the child when perfection was not obtained. Kazuma's mother wasn't much different because she would often times leave the child to his own devices while she left almost nightly for one thing or another. It wouldn't be until later in his life that Kazuma would learn that the woman was off with other men doing things best left unsaid. And then the transfer happened.

Word had gotten out about what Kazuma's mother was doing and that caused trouble for his family. Had it not been for the various contributions that Kazuma's father had made to the company, the man would have been fired on the spot. Instead the man was demoted to Regional Manager and transferred to the company's main shipping location in Kobe. That's when Kazuma was ripped from his life in Tokyo to move to Kobe. Normally one would expect things to get better at this point. That wasn't the case since the man continued to ignore his son when perfection was not obtained. At this point his mother was completely removed for the picture.

For the past year the man had essentially been married to his work striving to get back to his former glory. In order to do this he enlisted the aide of a woman at his new workplace. It was a sudden change for Kazuma to get a new mother in such a short amount of time so he did what most teens do: He rejected the woman. He knew that the woman was really nice and a better person than his actual mother, but something told Kazuma to deny the woman a place in his heart. As a result things were not going well for the small family. But they did put up the front whenever business was presented at the home of the three. And because of this Kazuma's father obtained a few promotions and is once again influential in his working environment. Now he just had to do something about his son that had started to act like nothing other than your common thug.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
THOU ART THEE-
Holy shat, that made me actually laugh out loud. People are giving me strange looks.
Well, onwards to relevance, then! (Also I hope you don't mind me helping out with the icon)

Name:
Touma Kirishima

Nicknames:
Tom, Tomato-senpai, Count-senpai

Aliases:
kiri-ganai (his username on YASOGAMI)

April 26th / Hiroshima, Japan / Japanese

Class:
Third Year

Clubs/extracurricular activities:
N/A

Student, Part-Time Chef

Physical Appearance:
euzc.png

Touma stands at about 5' 7", and despite a slender frame he holds his shoulders high and stands upright, which further adds to his intimidating stature. His eyebrows always seem to lower whenever he tilts his head forward the slightest; and with a little bit of shadow, he could suddenly come off as a fierce delinquent who's glowering whole daggers at somebody. His nickname came from an incident where a junior was scared out of her wits after bumping into him one night, thinking he was a certain famous vampire.

Clothing:
Outside of school, he is clad in a long-sleeved shirt most of the time, worn untucked in a pair of dark-colored trousers, either dark blue or black most of the time. He rolls up the sleeves, but does actually sport the default long sleeves at times. Occasionally, he'll mix it up by wearing a copper-colored vest along with the shirt. He wears white sneakers with light blue highlights, but also has brown dress shoes.

Personality:
Despite his appearance, Touma is a quiet person for most of the time, but this never gets in the way for him to help out other people whenever he can. Living a relatively normal life and spared from any sort of abuse helps in nurturing the good young man he is at heart, but his life was not without turbulence. In actuality, the kindness he demonstrates has yet to be proven to be sincere. Even the youth himself is unsure of whether he wants to actually strive for good, or if he's just doing it for the sake of karma. He has yet to believe that he himself is capable of good, and that it is worth it. He still helps others, but is becoming increasingly frustrated with the lack of changes in his fortune. Silently, he resents others and the world they live in. The feelings that reside within him from day to day are difficult to understand and make sense of. Touma longed for the days when he was still a child, whence things were still simple.

Touma holds his family close to his heart, but ever since his older sister came back into his life, he has become somewhat apathetic to both her and his parents. In part, it was due to him feeling bitter towards her for breaking their promise to stay together years ago. Towards his parents, on the other hand, was because they caused her to run away in the first place.

When his older sister returned home after years of having gone missing (see history), he was forced to either side with her or with his parents. Not willing to choose one side over the other, he chose to push away both sides in the end, which has led him to become emotionally distant to almost everybody else and becoming slightly reclusive to society. He's not cold to other people, it's just that he joins in on what they're doing, smile and maybe even laugh a little, then he just goes home. Whenever a friend's number appears on his cellphone, he's always the one to answer the call. He feels as if he can never again forge a meaningful bond with anybody else, with the only bond he's truly cherished broken years ago.

It can be said that Touma has no friends at all; only 'acquaintances', and thus spends his holidays either working up some money at a part-time job or doing things by himself. Touma likes the English language and reads whole books written in it. He was formerly a member of the English Club, which has led him to be nicknamed "Tom" by some of the other members. He would no longer partake in the club, in order to place more time on preparing for college entrance exams. Touma is a hardworking young man, be it at studying or working. He even gives it his all whenever he's helping out somebody in need, be they complete strangers to him.

Touma never judges a book by its cover, due to the fact that he was subject to this very prejudice as a student in junior high. He isn't quick to be offended by what people say or do around him, but this patience is not without limit.

Touma loves manga like he loves any other book, and plays games as a pastime as well. He is actually notorious among members of the school's Manga Artists Club for being a merciless critique of the amateur brand of manga its members would occasionally produce. Yet, they still come and look for him, showing him their manga. Apparently, his insights prove valuable to the budding mangaka.

The English language, his sister, gifts, eating other people's cooking, summer, Pepsi Twist, reading, helping other people, manga, music (sometimes), games

Dislikes:
Choosing sides, eggs (makes his stomach churn), anything cooked with eggs (thankfully he can stomach cake and pastry just fine), animals with fur, the cold,

Hobbies:
Posting on the YASOGAMI forums, reading books and manga, playing games, listening to game soundtracks

Habits:
Looks at other people whenever he's thinking (which would then work out wonderfully thanks to his unnerving demeanor)
Tilting his head forward slightly whenever he's looking at other people (he's not aware that he's doing this, leads to above scenario)
Reading something while holding it with one hand (has no idea why, but he likes having the other hand free; actually from his past)
Blurting out English words if he's excited or surprised (the words don't even fit into context sometimes)
Stomping the ground with his left foot twice if he feels nervous or scared (from his past with his sister)​

Persona:

(Initial)
-Shikigami -
rt3z.png

A type of demon god used since ancient times in Japanese divination. There are many different types of Shikigami, some taking the form of paper, others of elements, and still others of various monsters and demons. They cannot be seen by ordinary people, and possess the ability to change themselves into many shapes. The famous diviner Abe-no-Seimei commanded the so-called Twelve Divine Generals, the most powerful of all Shikigami. Besides carrying out secret missions for Seimei, these Shikigami also performed various everyday tasks for him.

(Ultimate)
- Shiki-Ouji -

cgc4.jpg

The Shikiouji (or Shiki-Ouji) is an exceptionally powerful type of Shikigami that could only be summoned as a servant by the most elite of those that practiced the mystical arts of Ying-Yang. It could be used to scare away demons that cause sickness and to ward off disasters to its master. The Shikiouji's basic nature is said to be very close to that of an Oni and is thus very ferocious, making it very dangerous for average mystics to attempt to summon it.

Arcana:
Fool

Shadow:
[Personality]

Appearing as a corruption of Touma's desire to make amends with his older sister and the belief that life will never yield him anything he desires despite his kindness and hard work, Shadow Touma speaks with spite towards everyone and everything in life, the only exceptions being himself and Touma's sister. He likes to belittle people, claiming they fit into some kind of character archetype repeatedly seen in manga, and he picks at what at a person says in return to push for the validity of his claims. His speech and manner of delivery would also reveal a sadistic mind, with a dash of misogyny (except when it comes to dear sister, of course). Like any other shadow, he despises the real Touma and thinks of him as nothing more than outright pathetic. He also gets a kick out of guessing the reactions he'd get out of others, including the looks on their faces and their words, and mocks them for being so predictable and cliche.

[Human Appearance]
Shadow Touma appears in a white, plain long-sleeved shirt with the sleeves rolled up and dark blue trousers, mirroring Touma's own casual attire. There are noticeable differences, though. These include the twisted smile he bears, his abnormal yellow irises that give off an unearthly glow, and the existence of scratch wounds on his face, arm, and neck, and his shirt is torn on a few spots on the torso. The wounds seem freshly inflicted, and the rolled-up sleeves are torn on the edges as well. All the damage seemed to have been done by someone who had struggled against him for some reason.

[True Form]
When Touma denies his shadow, Shadow Touma transmogrifies into his true form, that of what appears to be a collective entity of five deep-black humanoid beings on a floating piece of land, with a small flag in the back that carries the word for 'World'. One of these beings represents Touma, and while its face is heavily pixelated, it speaks with Shadow Touma's voice, and is clad in an archetypal girl's high school uniform. It kneels suggestively beside another being, one that bears a more feminine figure. The feminine being's face is also heavily pixelated, only emitting moans and grunts, and wears an archetypal boy's high school uniform, albeit one in tatters. Also kneeling, the feminine being is wrapped in chains and nailed down, and it struggles constantly as the other being wraps its arms around it, and all the while three more beings, featureless in both face and body, surround the two and try to reach out to caress the restrained being from time to time, emitting shrill female laughter as they do. Smaller pieces of earth orbit the main pedestal, which the Shadow can send flying as a form of attack. The Shadow also attacks using chains with spikes at the ends , as well as with Electricity attacks cast from the three featureless beings that surround the the two representations of Touma and his sister.

Dungeon:
Touma's dungeon appears as a labyrinth designed after traditional Japanese homes, with wooden and tatami flooring. Sounds of children playing echo through the dungeon at all times, as it is reflective of Touma's grandparents' house, where he and his sister would spend afternoons playing together, and where his fondest memories lay.

Weapon:
Meat Cleaver
t_974.jpg

Glasses:
fashion-glasses-tarusa-yellow-black-pl3960_1.600x300.1385436995.jpg

Skills and Attributes:
Electricity / Ice / Physical

Skewer / Zio / Bufu / Tarunda / Sukunda

Navas Nebula / Brave Blade / Mazionga / Ziodyne / Mabufula / Bufudyne / Matarunda / Masukunda

At beginning:

Weak : Fire and Wind
Strong : Darkness and Ice
Null : Electricity

After "Evolution":
Weak : Wind, Light
Strong : Darkness
Null : Electricity, Ice

Character Past:
Ever since he was a young boy, Touma hadn't had many friends. The other children avoided him whenever they could and kept interaction with him to a minimum, simply because his features were a bit odd. His parents worked hard every day to be able to keep up with the needs of the family, but this unfortunately meant that they would not be able to come home to their children until late in the evening. The only person that was willing to play with him and keep him company as a child was no other than his older sister, who had taken it upon herself to look after Touma while their parents were away.

As the weeks went by, the siblings grew closer, to the point that they were inseparable, not even by flame. To Touma, his sister had become the only person that was truly 'special' to him. Even when his sister plunged into a burning shed to save a trapped dog, he would not abandon her, and followed after his sister. Through their combined efforts, all three lives escaped the inferno that day, and Touma and his sister were hailed as heroes of the neighborhood. It was something he'd never experienced before. Touma felt that as long as they stuck together, there was nothing in the world he couldn't accomplish. He loved that feeling. Unfortunately, a few of the children caught news of his heroic deed and felt he wasn't deserving of the praise, and surrounded him one afternoon, as he was waiting for his sister.

The girl arrived and found Touma on the ground, battered, and crying. It was after this point in his life that Touma truly began to resent other people, and only kept close to his sister. His sister, holding him in her arms, consoled the boy and told him, "it's just you and me, against the world", and Touma kept by her words ever since, as the days turned to weeks, and the weeks turned to months. Through every trouble that Touma faced, his sister would be there, holding his hand, giving him strength, pushing him forward. Touma was confident he needed no one else to make it through life. But only he thought that she could be there for him always.

When the family needed to move to Kobe, his sister refused, and an argument broke out, which ended with her running away from home on the day the move was supposed to happen. The police helped to look for her, but it was suspected her friends assisted the girl in hiding - she never was found. Touma was left to deal with life, and all of its uncertainties, by himself throughout all the years to come. To someone so introverted like him, junior high could become no worse than that of hell itself. There is no greater pain than to grow up alone, all the while carrying a hatred for the person you loved the most, a hatred that grew with each passing day. Touma hit rock bottom in only a few years, and turned to various ways to remedy his heart, stricken with grief of loneliness, considered a weirdo and an outsider at school, where he is without any friends. None could he turn to to tell his problems without being judged before a single world could leave him. His own disdain for others certainly didn't help.

Touma began to visit the online forum YASOGAMI, where he registered as a user and tried to make friends behind the cover of anonymity. It never did work, and finally he turned to the final solution - making good in the hopes that it would bring good to his own life. By this time Touma had grown increasingly desperate, yet still wished to cling to his life, even for all the dreams and desires he himself was unsure of. As he entered high school, he began to realize that helping others felt good - a feeling that was strangely familiar. As he continued to help others, he began to forget about his own despairs, and was only about to grow out of his shell. That is, until his sister returned, two years ago.

Holy cow that took a while, and in one go too. There might be things I missed and a few I'd change, but it'll do for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
@Mistearea
Looks great! So many pictures....glorious. (I'm using my glasses for my character too, it adds a little more personal flair to the character imo)

@Katzenbach
Two things!

1) You have 10 skills instead of 8. Please take out two of them.
2) Your Strength/Weakness is a little bit unbalanced. Either remove a Null (I'd suggest the Fire one personally) or add a weakness to Light please.

Other than that, it looks great! And I won't complain about you making the icon. (one less thing I have to do)

General:
There is a PC in each class. Looks like I'll get to use all my teacher NPCs. (I hope you like haikus Katzenbach! Muwahahaha!) We'll wait for a few more people to join before I start. I'm excited. We're already starting out with an interesting cast of characters.

Done! I kinda imagined my Shiki to be a sorta tank-type Persona, with protection against the elements and stuff, and no too high-end skills. But I suppose the problem is Orpheus only has like three skills right now. Also, haiku.

This is gonna be challenging.

@Katzenbach
Oh! I didn't mean you had to take out Fire Null and add Weak Light.

I did mean you had to either

Take out the Null

or

Add the weakness if you kept the Fire Null.

Also, your cleavers are scary...yet so [rainbow]shiny![/rainbow]

(and if you can't tell, I was testing out some of the BB code...hehe sorry) ^_^'

The possibilities are tempting. You're making me want to dirty my hands with BB blood again, man!
I guess it fit better with Touma for him to only use one cleaver, plus I think it looks better. Chop chop chop, heh.

Also in the end I decided I wanted Shiki to be a sorta Jack-of-all-Trades, what with him being of the Fool Arcana. Sorry for not mentioning this back then.

Name: Kazuya Wyeth

Nicknames: A close friend may call him Kazu-kun

Birthday/Birthplace/Nationality: December 5th / Kyoto, Japan / English

Class: Second Year

Student
Tutor - English
Part- time convenience store clerk

Cutieboy_zps8007d762.jpg

Physical Appearance: Kazuya's fair skin is almost always marred by a blush, nearly as red as the mop of hair on his head. His green eyes hold a bright joy in their depths, a gentle smile on thin lips. Standing at a measly 5'2", Kazuya is about as intimidating as a puppy.

Clothing: During school, Kazuya wears his uniform in immaculate condition, pressed and ironed without a single wrinkle. Spring/Summer casual wear has the red head dressed in a light graphic Tee-shirt and tan cargo shorts.
Fall/Winter casual wear has him ditching the shorts for warmer dark jeans, covering up in a long black coat, with an equally long green striped scarf.

Personality: First impressions of this fiery red head leave the distinct impression that he is not so fiery. Truthfully, he seems much like a doormat, unable or unwilling to stand up against those who would hurt and use him. He is also incredibly easy to fluster, his face turning bright red at the smallest mishap: A misspoken word, stumbling, meeting the eyes of a stranger, even the slightest compliment brings heat rushing to his cheeks. It's become something of a running joke among his classmates to see just how far they can push him. Most are just having a bit of fun with some well-intentioned teasing, though a few of them become quite hurtful. It doesn't bother Kazuya much, or at the very least, he doesn't show that it bothers him.

Smiling is Kazuya's defence against the negativity in his life, facing the world with cheerful kindness. It was a lesson he learned from his father when he was young. He feels that it works well for himself, even if others might find him strange for it. Normally Kazuya is very open and honest with others, but any inquiries into his home or family life is met with deflection, the young man directing conversation away from himself as best he can. Pushed further, he will remove himself from the conversation, stone walling any further questions. He doesn't want anyone to worry about him, as home isn't as homely as it once was.

Likes: Learning, Cooking, Video Games, The Violin, Being Lazy, Spicy Food, Late nights

Dislikes: Cleaning, PE class, Being at home, Mess

Hobbies: Kazuya used to practice the violin, but hasn't had time to keep pursuing it. He's also an avid reader, taking any moment he can to simply relax and read.

Habits: Bites his thumbnail when deep in thought.
Taps his fingers to an unheard beat when he's not paying attention.

13814_Cloud_Dragon___Mei_by_calger459.jpg

Persona: Mystral

Arcana: Star

Shadow:

Personality: To say that Shadow Kazuya is angry would be an understatement. The young man is enraged, spouting on about how much he hates his situation and all the people around him. He's bitter about being blamed for things out of his control, angry about the abandonment by his family, and most of all, he loathes the real Kazuya for allowing it all to happen. He lashes out at those who approach him, especially those who claim they wish to help.

Human Appearance: Shadow Kazuya looks quite a bit different from the real Kazuya, hair messed up and out of place, with glowing, unearthly yellow eyes. His clothing is dark, black jackets on top of black shirts and pants, all ripped and torn, though it looks as though he did it himself. While he himself seems uninjured, his hands and face are splashed with red.

True Form: Shadow Kazuya becomes two figures, their skin bright red and angry, twisted together until the female is laying on top of the male's back, forced to walk on all fours. Their eyes and mouths expel fire as they speak and laugh, the voices of a young boy and girl mingling together. They attack with powerful Fire spells, and weaker physical attacks. They also have a spell to raise their defence against physical attacks that they begin to use when their health begins to get low.

Dungeon: A winding puzzle of rooms and hallways that branch off, only to reconnect with others. The walls look as though they were once lovely, white with high columns of etched gold trim, now grey and rusted with grime. Every so often there will be the same painting of a family of four painted over in red. Garbage piles up in the corners, a concoction of alcohol and trash staining red carpets. The smell is horrid and sweet, and the angry sound of a violin fills the air.

Weapon:
500px-Spike_Tonfa_(Alexander).jpg

Bladed Tonfa

Glasses:
infinit-glasses-gafas-raval.jpg

Skills and Attributes: Ice / Wind / Magical

Skills at the beginning: Garu / Magaru / Bufu / Dia / Media / Rakukaja

Skills by the end of the RP: Magarudyne / Bufula / Mediarama / Diarahan / Samarecarm / Marakukaja / Matarukaja / Rebellion

Persona’s Strength/Weakness

At beginning:
Weak: Fire and Physical
Strong: Ice and Light
Null: Wind

After "Evolution":
Weak: Fire and Physical
Strong: Light
Null: Wind and Ice

Character Past:

Kazuya's parents married out of High School and moved to Japan in their early twenties, making a living on teaching adult how to speak conversational English. He was born three years after they had settled into their new life. Thinking on how to help their child better fit in with the Japanese, they gave him a name better suited for the culture, hoping it would help him stand out less. It didn't particularly work, the child having difficulties making lasting friendships from a very young age. However, his classmates soon grew used to his "odd" appearance, and the separation gap began to lessen bit by bit as time wandered on.

When Kazuya was just about four, his parents had a second child. An accidental, but still very loved little girl named Yukino. The worries about sibling rivalry were quickly dispelled, Kazuya taking an early shine to his baby sister. As she grew old enough to begin going to school, he looked out for her, keeping her company and doing his best to protect her from all the "dangers" of the playground. They were inseparable, and as long as they were together, they were always smiling. In her sixth year of life, Yukino became very sick, and was hospitalized. His parents attempted to keep Kazuya away from her in the hopes to spare him from seeing her so frail. That didn't last long, the boy very firm in his demands to see his sister.

Before being let into her room, their father told him that no matter what he saw, no matter how much his heart broke to see his sister in that state, he needed to keep smiling. "She's been surround by sad and cold for so long. What she needs to see now is a warm smile." He did as he was told, smiling brightly for his sister, and Yukino smiled weakly back. A few weeks after, her sickness went into remission, and she began a slow recover. Eventually, the doctors released her home, though they were hesitant to let her back to school. For the moment, the little family seemed to be back to normal.

On a sunny sunday morning, when he was 12, Kazuya and Yukino were outside enjoying the summer heat. Kazuya had a book and Yukino her ball. Meant to be watching her, Kazuya found himself so engrossed in the words on the pages that he didn't see the red ball sail out of the little apartment plaza and into an alleyway. He didn't hear Yukino go running after it. The silence that followed was what pulled him out of the pages, looking around and finding his little sister was no where to be seen. Becoming worried, he went out looking for her, calling out her name in a hope she would answer. She never did. Yukino was gone. The police never found her.

Kazuya's home became a very dark place. His parents were so sad, his mother unable to bring herself to return to work, his father drinking heavily to dull the pain. However, where his father began to fall deeper and deeper into depression and drinking, his mother grew angry and resentful. In her despair, she blamed her son for not watching Yukino more carefully, keeping her from running off. Protecting her like a brother should. "You wanted her gone! You were jealous and wanted her gone!" All Kazuya could do was tell her she was wrong and smile. Just before he turned 13, his mother left with no word to where she was going or if she was ever coming back.

Drowning in his own despair, Kazuya did his best to keep the home going. He taught himself to cook, put down his violin, and took on all the chores needed to be done. However, his father's drinking became such a problem that he lost his job. Unwilling to sober up and find a new one, it fell on Kazuya to find a way to bring in money. Not willing to give up his schooling, he pawned off what he could, moved him and his father into a much smaller apartment in a bad side of town, and began working as a tutor for English and a clerk. With his two jobs, he's managed to scrape on by with the bare minimum.

• Love
@LuluRS
It's so dark...I love it! And yes! Another "foreigner" joins the folds! (go~od, my plot is coming together nicely)

General:
I'll wait a little longer to see if anyone else joins (if anyone is in the process of making a sheet, please post informing me of such so I know to wait). The beauty about this rp is that people can easily join later on. A quick note, being 3rd/2nd years, you guys probably know about each other (even if it's just rumors or such). And if you want, you guys can even be friends to start! I just wanted to let you know in case you wanted to try and skip introductions (because I know those can sometimes get in the way of fluid rping)

I'm currently filling out a CS

Name: Ranko Hajime

(Optional)Nicknames: Ran-kun, Lala

Birthday/Birthplace/Nationality: Feb 8 / Takayama / Afro-Asian

Class: 2nd Year

Physical Appearance:
2qvtde9.jpg

- Ranko is tan with soft violet eyes, her hair is medium short so it stops at her shoulders. She stands at 5'5 ft with slightly big eyes, but to others they seem to be narrowed most of the time as if she's angry at something; adding on to her tan skin, people sometimes think she's in to the Gganguro style though she doesn't have interest in flashy fashion like that.

Clothing:
- Born with a pear shaped body, she tends to just wear pants or shorts during the summer. She dislikes wearing skirts because she's slightly self-conscious about her body. The only time she can be seen wearing a skirt is when she's wearing the school uniform, but even then she has shorts on underneath. During the winter she either wears her gym clothes or a long sweater to keep warm.

Personality:
Ranko tends to put on a brave face in front of others though she's really shy at heart; because of her skin tone she tends to get weird looks sometimes so it's made her self conscious. When she see's someone in trouble she always steps in to help, you could say she has a bit of a hero-complex. This is mostly because people rarely helped her when she felt she was in trouble.

Dislikes: Manipulative People, Liars, Being abandoned/left out, people who come on to strongly

Hobbies: Cooking (sort of), Reading manga

Habit: Biting her bottom lip when she's stressed
Persona:
Initial - Yamata-no-Orochi

1000px-OrochiSMT.jpg

Ultimate - Seth
1000px-SethSMT2.jpg

Arcana: The Moon

Shadow:

[Personality]
- Ranko's Shadow is playful but evasive. The more you try to force your way closer to her, the more she pulls away. The more you stare, the more she recedes in to darkness.

[Human Appearance]
Musunde.Hiraite.Rasetsu.to.Mukuro.full.1509605.jpg

-A girl wearing a black kimono with a red sash, her hair is long and black and her skin is a fair and white as snow. When she opens her hands, eyes can bee seen in her palms frantically looking back and forth. It's as if she's the complete opposite of Ranko.

[True Form]
f88f76343ddfdf015fd14c552ada94de.png

A ball of snake like tentacles with an eye it the center, unblinking no matter how it moves. It keeps it's distance but uses it's tentacles to attack.

Dungeon:

Weapon: Battle Axe
DoubleEdgedBattleAxe.jpg

Glasses:
eyeglass-frames-womens-lady-mens-full-eyeglasses.jpg

Skills and Attributes:

Skills at the beginning: Garu/ Bufu/ Dia/Dekaja

Skills by the end of the RP: Garudyne/ Magarudyne/ Agidyne/ Mudoon/ Wind Break/ Null Light/Fire Amp /Makakaja

At beginning:
Strong: Ice, Electricity
Weak: Fire
Null: Death
After "Evolution":
Strong: Wind, Ice
Weak: Fire, Light
Null: Death
Character Past:
Ranko lives with her mother and brother in a rather large home, they all used to live in Takayama with her father but he unfortunately died from cancer. To help her mother get over her fathers death, her grandparents urged them to come live with them which her mother agreed to do as they had plenty of room in their house. Ranko wasn't really bothered by the move, since she was very young at the time, and was in fact happy that she could spend more time with her grandma who she felt she could talk about anything with, her brother was just an infant at the time. Based on her skin tone, it's easy to tell that she's not fully Japanese. Her father was african american and met her mother during a business trip, every year he'd take the same business trip just so they could meet and soon they married. Ranko was born with caramel brown skin like her father and dark brown hair like her mother, her eyes a hazel color, her younger brother more like her mother than anything but with the same caramel toned skin.

In school the way Ranko looked would get her different kinds of attention, some of it would be positive but most of it was negative. During Junior high people would call her a "halfie" or ask if she was in to the ganguro style, unfortunately some people began spreading rumors about her ;saying she did drugs or things of the like. Her mother always told her to keep her head high despite what was going on around her and she followed that. By a strange turn of events, Ranko suddenly gained friends which made her feel a bit more confident about herself but whenever she feels someone looking at her she can't help but feel a bit nervous.

(Sorry if it's not the best but I'm not that pro at writing back stories.)

Last edited:
  • Love
On the topic of some knowing others already, I could kinda see Touma and Kazuma knowing each other from work. I mean one's a cook and the other's a waiter.

That's a possibility, but it'll probably only amount to as an ice breaker for now. Looking back on our characters, I just realized there's plenty of similarities between them, which would make for an interesting group of friends.

@Kigarra
Looks great! And don't worry. Since most of your issues come with the color of your character's skin, the history didn't have to be too indepth. Just enough so we got the gist of why your character is the way she is.

Everyone:
It's super late here so I plan to make the character sheet area tomorrow. And, with luck, I should be able to start the rp!

If there is anyone else who is making a CS or planning to make a CS, let me know. (but I will still try to start things tomorrow) I do want to point out though, that it is super easy to join, even after the rp has started. So no one worry about that! People can join whenever!

Guys! The character bin is up!

->Shuffle Time<-

Please repost your characters in there (easiest way is to edit your post, copy, paste) I also have everyone's icons posted! (though Katzenbach beat me to the punch) When characters are posted in the bin, I'll get to making everything organized and pretty with easy shortcut links and the like.

As for the IC thread....that's done too!

->Arcana Chance<-

Notes!
1) Click on your icon in the Character Bin and it will send you to the direct link to your icon! That way, you can use it anytime! (if you want, it is not required)
2) Remember, people who have been accepted, please post your characters in the bin before starting to rp. (just for organizational reasons)
3) Those who haven't been accepted, please post your character sheet here in this thread, await acceptance, then join the group!

'Water Emblem'

So that's how you're gonna play it, eh? Oh, this is going to be good fun.

Everyone is using my icons! *happy dance*:bananaman:

Anyway, I will give Katzenbach one more day to post before I move us along. But don't worry! If someone misses a post, they aren't kicked out! Just catch up with your next post. If this happens, make sure to note which part of your post is what day/time of day.

Example:
Monday 4/11
Evening
Rainy

Blah blah blah this happened this day blah blah.

Tuesday 4/12
Morning
Rainy

Blah blah this is what happened this day blah blah.

(I tried putting the above example in a spoiler...but apparently Iwaku is being picky)[/hr]

Ah sheets. Super sorry Xy, I've been kept away from the PC for almost a week, nose running like a loose tap. Or was it really a week?

[STILL IN THIS]

thoughts written with one hand: wanna see if anyone would arrive at school; that's where... also i'll write a post twice as long as average to make up for this!

Don't worry about it Katzenbach! No need to make it any longer than you think it should be. Just make sure to point out what day it is.........which now looking back, I totally forgot to do in the IC for my second post! I'll...uh...edit that soon.

As for where I want you guys to end up, just don't actually enter the school yet. (I want to set the scene and will tell you guys which class you are in)

Status
Not open for further replies.