Perhaps you'd be better off...

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Amaranthe, Jan 29, 2015.

1. -doing something else. It's just a generalization of what was actually said. I'm fairly certain that the actual context was in no way intended to be rude or mean, as it made me feel quite the opposite- sad and disappointed in them. I feel like I can only really come out to someone through private message, focusing on the actual ordeal. I feel like I'll end up breaking a rule or something for talking about something that happened on here. I just want to talk to someone privately who can give me advice and suggestions on ways to, or how they, would handle situations such as this. Some empathy would help. Has anyone ever told you that you'd be better off doing something else? It's painful to hear, depending on the situation, tone, and context. Is it possible that there would be anyone I could reach out to with this? I'm not trying to sound desperate or overly sensitive to the situation. I just want to talk about it to someone who can relate and understand what I've gone through.

2. I'm not exactly certain how I can help. I don't know the particulars of your circumstances, but you're more than welcome to hit me up over PM to talk about what's going on in your head, or to get something off of your chest.

3. That'd depend on the situation. Though I'm guessing this is about rejection one way or another. Without context, if a person rejects you in regards to interpersonal activities or relations with them, that's probably that. If it is about something not related to them or something you can do without them, ask yourself if you need their approval to do it.

Either how, it's hard to be more specific without detail. If you don't want it public, feel free to shoot a pm. Or go with seiji. He generally gives good advice.

4. I would think about why they are saying that, and what would make them think something like that. Perhaps they know something that you don't? I'm not saying that they're right, I'm only saying you should try to understand their point of view. My parents pretty much said the same thing to me once, and while I don't necessarily agree, I can see where they're coming from and I've taken it into account while still following my chosen path. Hopefully that made some form of sense to you.

Of course, as stated above, I know next to nothing about your particular situation, so I'm well aware that my advice might not even be relevant to the matter at hand. Your welcome to give me more information, though, my inbox is always open.

5. Like I said, I don't know if it's against policy to discreetly talk about someone/something on here in this section.

@Hatsune Candy Thanks for your thoughts.

6. Yes. As I see it, there are three causes for this statement. (A) The speaker says it out of their own ignorance and inexperience, in which case you need not care or give it another second of your time. (B) The speaker purposefully intends to harm you, in which case it might not have anything to do with whatever it was you were doing. (C) You genuinely don't know what you're doing, in which case there are certainly nicer ways of letting you know.

7. Sounds like an asshole. I'd say don't listen to them. If you're doing something you like and it's not hurting anyone, forget whatever this person is talking about. I tend to have a harsher view on people though. Feel free to PM me if you want.