Perfectly Twisted

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I can always count on you, huh?"
Asher grinned as they came to a stop and climbed out of the car, glancing at his watch. He easily fell into step beside his brother as they entered the building, and directed him towards his first lesson.
"Hey, will you get in trouble if you're a little late? You can just go if you will."

Roland, waved his hand dismissively - evidently, it wasn't that big a deal, to him,
"It's fine. It won't be by long, and the teacher's cool. That aside, I'm more concerned about you. Listen, if you need me for whatever reason, come and get me. You know my schedule, like you know mine. Alrgiht?"

"If you say so.." Ash said, a bit skeptical. When they came to his chemistry class he smiled, "Thanks, see you later." then opened the door and headed in.
He slid into one of the few empty seats, being beside Darren, who looked none too happy.

Though nervous about leaving Asher alone, Roland knew he had to strike out on his own, if he was to stand up to Darren. There was only so much he could do for him - if he did too much, it may as well have been Roland doing the confronting.
"Be strong, mate." He muttered, as he headed off to class.

Lunch rolled around soon enough, and that's when he decided to seek out Roland. His boyfriend passed him a note earlier to meet in the courtyard during their lunch hour, but Ash wasn't going without his brother, even if he was just there so he didn't crumble to Darren's pleas.
Thus, he would be walking around the lunch room minus food in search of Roland.

Roland sat at his table, chewing mournfully on a rather sub-standard tuna sandwich. It was quite feat to actually screw up making such a thing - still, Roland would rather eat it than starve, so despite the mouth torture it provided, he soldiered on. He did, however, spot Asher - and promptly walked up to him.
"Hey there, sport. How's it going?"

Ash blinked upon being greeted by his brother. "Hey. Um, well, I'm going to meet Darren...like right now. Can you come with? I know you want me to stand up for myself..but I'd feel better with you near by."

"Of course. We're brothers, right? We have to watch out for each other. After you, then."
It was worth noting that, while he would go berserk if the right buttons were pushed, he was normally not intentionally intimidating. Now, however, it could be said that thunder had a face.

Asher sighed in some relief. "Thanks. So much."
With that he led his brother out to the small courtyard, where his boyfriend was already waiting beneath a tree. With a deep breath he started over to him, the confusion obvious on the other male's face as he spoke agitatedly and gestured towards Roland, "Why is he here?"

Roland crossed his arms, staring down at Darren. Under normal circumstances, the boy would have had a rather placid expression - sometimes, he wouldn't even be paying attention, seeing no real need to. However, his little brother had been abused by Darren - and had left more than a few bruises on him. It was safe to say that the look on Roland's face was nothing short of wrath incarnate.
"That's not important, pipsqueak. You just shut up and listen to Asher."

Asher swallowed thickly, catching a glimpse of his brother's expression, which put ironically put him at ease. Straightening up, he forced himself not to shrink away out of fear.
"L-Listen," he started, mentally cursing the slight shake in his voice, "I don't want to see you anymore, at all. And your guilt trips won't work on me ever again. Y-You hurt me when you had no right...just stay away from me, alright?"
It wasn't the most dignified of speeches, but he got the point across, because now Darren seemed more upset than before as he eyed Roland.
"Are you the one putting these thoughts in his head? Our relationship isn't your business!"

Roland raised an eyebrow, stepping closer to Darren, his face now stoic - it was all in the eyes, and the body language. At the distance Darren had been at, Roland would have been intimidating. At the distance he was at now? A coward like Darren would be lucky if he didn't mess himself. Roland spoke, faltly, but the malice intended could not have been mistaken for anything else.
"Do you mean to threaten me, boy?"

"A..And what if I do, huh?"
The little catch in Darren's voice proved he was only still there because of his pride, which was also why he stepped up to Roland as well. Obviously he would rather not provoke the other. Asher didn't like where this was going at all, and tugged at his brother's arm.
"I did what I had to...let's just go, okay?"

Roland paused for a moment, and then spoke to Darren once more.
"One word of advice, mate. Stay out of our way. My brother is far, FAR more tolerant of you than I am. Pray you do not have to test this theory."
With that Roland turned, though his expression did not lift. He'd done his job, and with any luck, Darren wouldn't dare make a move against him. "Whenever you're ready, Ash."

Darren was left all but dumbfounded in the yard as Asher nodded, and urged his brother back inside. He felt better, but sad all the same that his relationship ended. Ash glanced up at Roland as the stepped inside, the bell ringing as if in the nick of time.
"Thanks, seriously. I owe you one."

"Don't worry about it. This is what family does, right? We stand by each other when we have to. You're your own man now, Ash - go make the most of it."
Roland ruffled Asher's hair, and sauntered off, in no particular hurry to get back. If all went to plan, Darren wouldn't be a problem. He didn't think that Asher was his first victim, either - and it was scary to think he might not have been the last. But, those issues would be addressed by different people. All that mattered now was helping Asher get back on his feet.

Ash stood rooted in place after his brother headed off to class. His own man. He didn't know what to do with that, to tell the truth. He spent a lot of time doing what he was told. With a sigh he headed off to his next class, deciding not to think too hard on that.

For Roland, class passed relatively uneventfully. Obviously, Asher played on his mind, as he was naturally worried about him. However, he tried not to think too hard about it, on the grounds that the problem was largely solved, for now. By the time the bell had gone, he was practically sleeping with his eyes open - he would have truly nodded off, were it not for the fact that he got to go home. It wasn't long before he was sitting in his car, waiting for Asher to follow suit.

Asher all but bolted to his brother's car after school, not taking the risk of being cornered on his own. He slid into the passenger's side and sighed in relief. The day was over. He'd officially freed himself from Darren. Even if feelings lingered, this was for the best.
"Hey. Was the rest of your day alright?"

Roland rolled his eyes, sighed, and put on an expression of mock despondency.
"Dull as dishwater. I have respect for teachers, but when they're this boring... But enough about me, how was yours?"
Roland asked this while starting up the car, the decrepit engine sputtering into lie. Most would be concerned about the noises it was making, but to the brothers, the sounds were fairly normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.