Perfectly Twisted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asher wasn't too convinced with Roland, but knew better than to keep pestering. There was no one more stubborn than his brother.

"Oh, it's Friday." Damn, that meant they had to get up for school. Ash climbed out of bed and to his feet, extending a hand to his brother with a smile. "Need help up?"

"And I'm supposed to be the big and strong one here..."
Roland chuckled, and stretched himself, a few joints clicking as he did so. A common occurrence - one Asher would have to get used to, if he made a habit of falling asleep in Roland's arms. The boy stood there for a moment, still gathering his bearings, seemingly oblivious to the fact he was standing in front of his brother in nothing but a vest and his boxers. Maybe he thought it didn't matter, given that they were siblings, and both men - so there wouldn't be anything that they hadn't seen before. "...I really should make some coffee."

"Sometimes big and strong guys need help too, you know."
Asher heard his brother's joints click into place, but decided he could live with it, even though he didn't care for the sound. But it wasn't really the only thing he noticed as his brother stretched - he took special notice to the way his muscles moved, too. It was almost impossible not to with the other barely dressed. He quickly denied that he thought Roland might be attractive, because that was weird as hell, and it was almost wired into his brain not to think about any man besides Darren.
"Ah, I'll go put on a pot," he sputtered out, then ducked out of the room to the kitchen.

As Asher had run out before Roland had the time to say anything, he simply shrugged nonchalantly, and put on a pair of shorts, so as to appear at least semi-decent when he headed downstairs. He didn't bother to take a shower before he went down - breakfast was a more pressing matter. He decided to make nothing of Asher's skittishness, but kept it in mind in case he had to address it.

Ash didn't bother to change at all seeing as he was still in his clothes from the day before. By the time Roland appeared he was holding a mug out to him, Ash's on the counter with more cream than most would enjoy.
"What do you want for breakfast? I'm not really that hungry, but I don't mind making you something."

Roland raised his hand slightly in refusal, before taking a his mug and some bread.
"It's fine, Ash. I'm just going to make some toasts. Big breakfasts for the weekends, and all that. Anyway, do you want to shower first?"

Ash nodded and sipped at his mug, then set it in the microwave before heading out of the room.
"I'll hop in first. Don't worry, I'll be quick."
Though the hot water sounded nice and relaxing, which he could definitely use.

"Well, don't take too long, or I'll get in and wash myself anyway."
Roland chuckled - the coffee seemed to have taken an immediate effect, even if it was likely to be a placebo effect. He didn't think much of making the joke, given that actually doing so would be more than just a little weird, but curiosity took hold as he momentarily pondered what it would be like.
He couldn't say he liked the idea much.

The 'don't take too long' comment didn't really register to Ash after he stepped under that warm water. He was notorious for his long showers, especially when stressed, after all. Without realizing it, Ash ceased to actually wash, simply leaning against the wall as the water rained down on him and eased his aching body.
Yeah, he probably wouldn't be out until the water turned icy if let go.

Though he was usually patient, there were still some checks Roland needed to do on his engine, so he needed to get his morning routine done as quickly as possible. That said, he raped sharply on the bathroom door, and came in after giving ample warning. That was when the threat was made.

"Ash, you hurry up or I'm flushing the toilet. I mean it!"

The loud knocks on the door were all but ignored. He knew that meant hurry, but he just didn't really want to, and thus, didn't. The threat about flushing the toilet definitely snapped him back to reality though and he poked his head out from behind the curtain.

"You wouldn't do that to me...but please hand me a towel, cause I don't plan on testing that."

Roland was just glad Asher had somehow conveniently forgotten he could make puppy dog eyes at him, and Roland's defences would crumble like a badly-made sandcastle. He passed over a towel, and turned away, twiddling his thumbs as he waited.
"Do you want me to drive you today? I think my engine's fixed, it just needs some final checks."

Asher shut off the water and pulled back the curtain just in time to catch the towel tossed to him. After wrapping it around his waist he stepped out, then brushed past his brother on his way out.

"Yeah, if it's no trouble. I'm not feeling up to driving, and I'm probably a little late to catch the bus."

"Alright then, get yourself ready. I'll be done in a jiffy."
Under the assumption that Asher wouldn't be looking back - and wouldn't particularly care if he did - Roland tossed his clothes lazily to one side, and ran the shower. He usually never took that long in the shower, just enough to get rid of morning aches and pains, then scrub himself clean.

Asher didn't bother glancing back at the other before leaving, instead sauntering back to his own room to get dressed. Simple jeans, extra big sweater and tennis shoes. A little cover up for the marks on his face as well. Good enough.

When he finished his usual morning ritual he waited by the door for Roland, bag slung over his shoulder.

Roland dashed out, leaving enough time to make what checks and such eh needed. Everything seemed fine - or, at least, as fine as they could be, given the age and general condition of the car.
"We're all set, Ash. Come on, let's go."
Roland ruffled his brother's hair, and drove. The sound of the engine, quite obviously, was far from desirable, but it didn't stand out too much. "So," Roland said, adopting a far more serious tone, "There's every chance Darren's in today. You ready?"

Asher followed his brother into the car, settling in for the quick drive to their school. He was all set for a quiet drive of listening to Roland's old engine, thus nearly flinched when his boyfriend was brought up. He'd been trying to avoid that topic as long as he could, honesty.
"Of course not. I can't avoid him..but I don't know what to say to him, either."

Roland was silent for a moment, and then responded, though in as gentle a voice as possible. The effect was diminished a bit by the fact that the motor wasn't in tip-top shape, but the sentiment was there.
"Well, don't worry about it. I'll stand by you when you need me - besides, I don't think even he's stupid enough to cause a scene in a public area.

"I know, but you can't be with me all day. And we have a couple classes together, and lunch."
Asher hugged his bag closer to his chest. He knew he couldn't do much at school, but he was still a bit worried, no matter how pathetic it was.
"Do you think you could walk with me to my first period?"

Roland nodded, and faced is brother as the car pulled to a stop outside of the school.
"Alright, Ash. Anything for my little brother."
It was likely tha he would be a minute or two late to his first lesson, but that was fine with him and the teacher. The s
man was usually lenient, giving a few minutes' leeway. But that was hardly Roland's concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.