Perfect Date Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gonzo

Original poster
So, you want to take tak someone on a date (a love interest, SO, etc.), and you want to make it awesome/perfect. Where would you take them? What would you do? Stuff like that.

Similarly, if someone were to take you on a date, where you you like them to take you? What would like to do? Stuff like that.

And to make it realistic, yes, money is a factor (that just means no spontaneous trips to the moon to have a picnic or something outrageous like that).

I'm about to go into class, so I won't be able to put mine down just yet, but if this gets enough traction, I'll add my ideas in.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Well, it depends on the person, really. My ideal date would, if I'm perfectly honest, be very simple. I'd love to just curl up on the couch and cuddle while watching movies/shows, or going out in the yard or out in the woods/somewhere scenic at night and just settling down to stargaze and chat. :3

My secret is out. I'm a cheap date

What would you do?
Rap.Fucking.Battle!
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_5s3ubtlvhfk00oo8c80gsw0gw_640.jpg

FOR A DATE WITH DIANA: Food + anything that doesn't involve me talking to strangers! Picnics are awesome. 8D

As for what I would do for a date, would totally depend on the person. O__O But yes, it would still involve food. Food is a great get-to-know-you starting point. Talk about what you like and what you don't like and conversation migrates from there.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I enjoy dates at museums, followed by a picnic or something.

Take me to a museum, preferably a science one. Then lets watch Dude, wheres my car with three ordered pizzas, then we can stargaze as I attempt to impress you with my shitty astronomy knowledge.

Being simple, I'd take my man to the cinema, a fancy dinner, or stargazing with some kind of nightly picnic. Or an art museum, or whatever kind of interest he would have. Something relaxed and comfortable that he likes to do would be ideal.

Taking me on a date would require four buckets of Ben & Jerry's and a movie marathon. Complete with a blanket fort and no distractions. Or that stargazing picnic. That works too.

Basically, anything that doesn't involve a lot of talking to people, and places that aren't too public, or have a lot of people. I don't like to be affectionate in public.

Being simple, I'd take my man to the cinema, a fancy dinner, or stargazing with some kind of nightly picnic. Or an art museum, or whatever kind of interest he would have. Something relaxed and comfortable that he likes to do would be ideal.

Taking me on a date would require four buckets of Ben & Jerry's and a movie marathon. Complete with a blanket fort and no distractions. Or that stargazing picnic. That works too.

Basically, anything that doesn't involve a lot of talking to people, and places that aren't too public, or have a lot of people. I don't like to be affectionate in public.
^ Seconding this.

I would want to start with something activity based; something we actively participate in together, whether it's videogames or bowling or paintball or whatever. Competition especially is a good icebreaker; some friendly trash talk deals with those 'don't wanna come on too strong/obnoxious but don't wanna seem too antisocial/down on myself either' struggles pretty quick once it starts.

After that, something where you can carry on a conversation; coffee break maybe, or a walk.

I don't like dinner dates because especially if you don't know someone well yet it can be full of awkward silence and eating-related anxieties/self-consciousness. Movies are also not cool to me because you don't get to know someone by sitting beside them for an hour and a half, and for me, I want to know first if I can make snarky commentary/laugh at inappropriate moments with them first.

This is all assuming you don't already have some manner of friendship/knowledge base with this person though; if you do, then I think anything you both enjoy would be good. Ideally so if it ends in a space where you can both relax and just be chill in each other's company.

We'd kill hookers together and I'd teach her how to hide the bodies! /oilfieldhumor

In reality, night swimming at a lake is perfect for me. In the winter? Idk. I don't like cold, so hot chocolate and a movie maybe?

Reactions: Fluffy
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Hana
Amusement park.

I'll take whoever to Six Flags Magic Mountain, with two Coca Cola cans as you get $10 off per ticket. Then, we'll go on all the extreme roller coasters and rides. You can really learn a lot about a person at these types of amusement parks. How brave or not they are. How adaptable are they to the environment of the park, if they can let loose and have fun, and not be fake like how most people are on first dates. To me, a date should be fun and not feel like you have to showcase the best of you.

Also, if the person turns out to suck really bad or we just don't have a connection, I at least have a riding buddy as all my friends are afraid of extreme rides and won't go to Magic Mountain with me XD.

Depends on how far along you are in the relationship and on how old you are / how much disposable income you have.

Nowadays, my dates tend to be expensive (weekend trips to Vegas, San Diego, etc.), but we're also married and both working so that has a lot to do with it. Dates are also a little less frequent since it's not like we can just run off to Vegas every weekend.

...well we COULD, but we'd be broke very quickly.

So, we tend to have fewer things I would call "dates" nowadays, but when we do, we do it big.

Like, when you're married, dining out isn't a date; it's just eating. So understandably, my perception of a "date" has changed a lot. Most things that younger or unmarried couples would call dates are usually just us doing things - to the movies, to the dog park, hiking, getting dessert, going out for drinks, etc. All just us doing things, not really dates.

BUT if I were still single, I'd really enjoy a decent hike in the morning - not a grueling one, just one to get the blood flowing and to get in the outdoors, then a brunch/lunch. If the date is going well by that point, it could always continue since there's plenty of time in the day, but starting early and using lunch as a checkpoint is a great way to be noncommittal and still leave your options open.

• Love
Mine would be they stay home, I stay home.

Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.