Percy Jackson: Camp Halfblood Sign Up/OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr V: I haven't really decided but if we could easily go both ways, it really depends on the monster/enemy we are facing and how important it is. Just some random creature running around? Doesn't really matter if we send a bunch of people at it, a quest from the gods to slay something really important? There will probably be some sort of limitation there.

Mr V: In your last post you said it was 1:00 in the afternoon but I have been trying to establish the time as much later, around 5:30 or 6:00 pm (which is why dinner is being served). If you could change your post to match the time, I want the time to be sorta constant.

Mr V: I haven't really decided but if we could easily go both ways, it really depends on the monster/enemy we are facing and how important it is. Just some random creature running around? Doesn't really matter if we send a bunch of people at it, a quest from the gods to slay something really important? There will probably be some sort of limitation there.

Mr V: In your last post you said it was 1:00 in the afternoon but I have been trying to establish the time as much later, around 5:30 or 6:00 pm (which is why dinner is being served). If you could change your post to match the time, I want the time to be sorta constant.

'Tis done, m'lord.

So, what threat are we looking at, doc? Empousa Worker's Union? Hellhounds gone wild? Dryads on strike? Centaur herds trampling cities? Werewolf packs raiding the countryside? All the really big things (Ophiotaurus, Titans, Giants, Typhon) have been used, or will be used. I mean, we could go after Echidna. She was running rampant during The Lightning Thief, whose gathering some of her offspring to do something or another. Maybe attack Olympus? Then there's the Lamia, whose fairly major.

Mr V: Well right now we are looking at the single Empousa that is wandering around camp, going out and slaying her won't be a huge quest. After that I figured we would go after that satyr you mentioned in your PM (although that would also be more of a little quest, probably more humorous than the empousa though.)

I wasn't really planning on there being any single big huge enemy that we go chase as much as we have to deal with the little enemies that wander too close to camp or stir up trouble. I was also planning on having some of the minor gods/goddesses cause some mischief in the camp (Phobos (fear if you don't know already), Limos (hunger and starvation), Koalemos (stupidity) just little gods stirring up trouble.

Basically the events aren't supposed to be 'quests' as much as they are things that half-bloods just have to deal with. Of course they will probably get a lot of praise in the camp for scaring off the empousa or whatever but it won't cause a big stir like the quests in the book did.

So I haven't gotten any notices in the past few days. I'll make a post tonight or early tomorrow. Apologies for holding up the RP.

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?!

Go ahead and post, V. Unless you have a question. I will more than likely post tomorrow afternoon.

So I am done waiting for Mr V to make his post, I will be making a post and assuming he has lost interest in the roleplay. I ask that you don't refer to his character, Nathan, anymore.

As for the course of the roleplay, after we get done with dinner and get Dreama + Gabby settled in the Hermes cabin for the night, there will be a timeskip to the next morning and you guys will get the camp tour. Depending on what is going on with Mr V we will either have to deal with the Empousa wandering around or partake in an exciting game of capture the flag! There is no rush for either of these things so don't feel like you guys need to eat super quick.

Mr V: Before you make another post I want you to talk with me, this is your second offense of unexplained absence which isn't good.

So I am done waiting for Mr V to make his post, I will be making a post and assuming he has lost interest in the roleplay. I ask that you don't refer to his character, Nathan, anymore.

As for the course of the roleplay, after we get done with dinner and get Dreama + Gabby settled in the Hermes cabin for the night, there will be a timeskip to the next morning and you guys will get the camp tour. Depending on what is going on with Mr V we will either have to deal with the Empousa wandering around or partake in an exciting game of capture the flag! There is no rush for either of these things so don't feel like you guys need to eat super quick.

Mr V: Before you make another post I want you to talk with me, this is your second offense of unexplained absence which isn't good.

Not really unexplained. I've been doing stuff, and waited for like a week for another person to post. I assumed the rest had lost interest, had something else to do, or were just too damn busy.

Mr V: I am sorry but that excuse is not valid, since you last posted on February 8th there have been four posts to the forum (five if you count the one posted the other day.) A May posted last Saturday and invited you to make a post following her post. Following that I made a post where my character directly interacts with yours last Tuesday (not the Tuesday of this week but the Tuesday before that.) Basically you can't say the other people haven't been posting when each of the other members have been able to post at least twice since you last posted.

Admittedly I can't be to upset because I also haven't been active much lately so I am going to give you a final warning. I expect at least once every five days (possibly more depending on how active the forum gets). If you disappear without telling me I will ban you from the forum. Seriously, if you don't know how to reply to a post just ask. just make a post about your character asking one of the other characters something unrelated! If you feel the forum is slow give other people something to respond too, read what the other characters have said and ask yourself 'what does my character think of them from their dialogue', then make a post about your character stating his opinion about the other characters.

Sorry about the rant, feel free to post but remember to stay a bit more active alright?

Strike that. If this has happened twice already, it's only going to happen again. It would be best if I left.

Ill be posting today, been a busy few days blah >_<

Ahh wasnt getting alerts! -_-

So I probably won't be active much this week besides the post I am putting up today or tomorrow. A lot of stuff is happening with grades closing for the trimester this Friday but I also lost one of my cats which is very stressful for me (I am even having trouble focusing on my schoolwork because of it.) I won't be able to make up for the lost time next week either since I am going on a three-day trip in the middle of the week. I may be able to hop on this weekend on Saturday evening or during Sunday depending on if there are any posts. Hope this isn't a huge set-back for anyone, I should be posting regularly starting the week after next.

Sorry for your loss, Axinite, and take your time.

Hey im sorry but I think im gonna drop out of this one, got too much on my plate and rl things have come up. Sorry =( hope it goes well good luck!

I'll be playing catch-up at work this week, so I probably won't get a post in. Just let me know when you're back, and I'll post then. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.