Percy Jackson: Camp Halfblood Sign Up/OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
MR V - I was actually going to PM you about my message the other day, I feel like I lost my 'cool' a few times in there (I swear I had some) and I would like to apology in case I offended you. Although I was a little steamed at the time I was going for 'constructive criticism' instead of 'wow, the GM is raving'. So yes, if I offended you I apologize. Onto your statements.

1. You have ended the argument about the future seeing ability and I respect that. I think that is a fine way to provoke a Huntress although I have to remind you that a 2000 year old huntress could probably beat you in a fight. Do you insult her before you come to camp or when the Huntresses visit camp? I think it would be better if you met the huntresses and insulted them upon meeting them again because I doubt you would be able to get away from them (even with you shadow cloak.)

2. How you treat a god is much different than how you treat a mortal. A god who commits a crime usually is let off the hook because you cannot kill them, that doesn't mean they won't be scolded and treated with distrust/disgust by the other gods they can't be given the usual sentence of death. Besides Zeus has always be soft when it comes to punishing Ares (mainly because he doesn't really take that sorta thing seriously.) Secondly Artemis' justice is her own, she judges the situation by herself (possibly consulting a trusted huntresses) and responds. It is much quicker than calling a court case of the gods. To sum up the point I am trying to make, your character is not a god and although a god got off with lighter treatment for a more serious crime doesn't mean you can personally offend a goddess and get away scratch free.

Obsidian - I will look at your bio again when you are done, will you respond to my statements?

MR V - I was actually going to PM you about my message the other day, I feel like I lost my 'cool' a few times in there (I swear I had some) and I would like to apology in case I offended you. Although I was a little steamed at the time I was going for 'constructive criticism' instead of 'wow, the GM is raving'. So yes, if I offended you I apologize. Onto your statements.

1. You have ended the argument about the future seeing ability and I respect that. I think that is a fine way to provoke a Huntress although I have to remind you that a 2000 year old huntress could probably beat you in a fight. Do you insult her before you come to camp or when the Huntresses visit camp? I think it would be better if you met the huntresses and insulted them upon meeting them again because I doubt you would be able to get away from them (even with you shadow cloak.)

2. How you treat a god is much different than how you treat a mortal. A god who commits a crime usually is let off the hook because you cannot kill them, that doesn't mean they won't be scolded and treated with distrust/disgust by the other gods they can't be given the usual sentence of death. Besides Zeus has always be soft when it comes to punishing Ares (mainly because he doesn't really take that sorta thing seriously.) Secondly Artemis' justice is her own, she judges the situation by herself (possibly consulting a trusted huntresses) and responds. It is much quicker than calling a court case of the gods. To sum up the point I am trying to make, your character is not a god and although a god got off with lighter treatment for a more serious crime doesn't mean you can personally offend a goddess and get away scratch free.

Obsidian - I will look at your bio again when you are done, will you respond to my statements?

I feel that with this thing out of the way, I can start asking real questions and making statements to apologize to you, and to explain stuff.

1. You did not "lose your cool". I was a persistent dick about the Hunter/Camper relationship and the prophetic abilities. I hope you can accept this apology.

2. When did I talk about the justice of Artemis?

3. That really was the point I was making with the insult. I said I could beat a girl, but in reality Nightshade would probably twist my arm off before I got out of the Hunter base camp. Sure, maybe we meet them later or the Huntresses visit camp.

4. Do the colors of your words represent your moods? I noticed that when you were most angry at me, you typed my name in red. Now that you seem calmer, you type it in purple. And since Obsidian has done nothing to piss you off, she is in green. Just a theory.

5. Another point. When you put in the first post of this up, you mentioned this would be three years before. Thus Luke Castellan would be 16 and Annabeth would be 9. So, this is before Luke got really pissed at the gods (the recycled quest for the Golden Apples). So, who is the major villain here? And I find it hard to believe that we're not going to interact with Annabeth and Luke, so will you be playing them, whatever minor or major roles they get?

6. How exactly do I enter camp? I've packed my satyr, toothbrush, bow, arrows, sword, and pillow pet. Do I make a grand entrance a la Minotaur/other major monster like Percy? Or just stroll right up and knock on the Big House door?

1. Well that is a relief, I am glad I didn't offend you by accident.

2. I just assumed you meant the justice of Artemis because we were talking about the punishments someone would receive if a Hunter broke their oath/someone offended Artemis. I wasn't really sure what you were talking about (since you didn't quote the post we were talking about.)

3. Okay, I think it would be best if you meet them at camp. (It might e funny, your character is saying all this and all the other campers are just in the background gasping in shock/taking bets.)

4. I am trying to establish a color thing but I don't have anything in mind, it is kinda just whatever color I see on the drop down that seems fitting. Later on in the roleplay I will use colors to establish different characters (like my original character will be one, Chiron will be another, Dioynsus will probably be purple, etc because I will probably have multiple characters talking in my post.)

5. This would be before Luke went on his quest but I remind you he always had issues with the amount of unclaimed children in the Hermes Cabin and what happened to his mother (which he blamed on the Hermes if I am not mistaken.) I wasn't planning on their being a central antagonist but each event may or may not feature an antagonist. (Like if there was an event featuring a monster like Medusa than she would be the central antagonist, you know?) I will probably play the canon characters to avoid confusion/conflict but if someone wants the canon character to help them with something they can ask. (Like if you wanted Annabeth to help your character find a weapon or Luke to explain how the monster dust system works.)

6. I think it would be best to have your character just sorta walk up, it might be hectic if there is a giant monster attacking camp while we are trying to get things situated/characters introduced. If you want you could have a few wounds from a previous fight? Like maybe you have a nasty gash in your arm or a twisted ankle from some monster pouncing you? You managed to take care of it but you got hurt moderately badly so you need medical assistance.

I think that is everything, no other real problems with your character. He is free to join the roleplay once I get Obsidian's updated bio and I actually manage to write the starter.

2. I just assumed you meant the justice of Artemis because we were talking about the punishments someone would receive if a Hunter broke their oath/someone offended Artemis. I wasn't really sure what you were talking about (since you didn't quote the post we were talking about.)

3. Okay, I think it would be best if you meet them at camp. (It might e funny, your character is saying all this and all the other campers are just in the background gasping in shock/taking bets.)

4. I am trying to establish a color thing but I don't have anything in mind, it is kinda just whatever color I see on the drop down that seems fitting. Later on in the roleplay I will use colors to establish different characters (like my original character will be one, Chiron will be another, Dioynsus will probably be purple, etc because I will probably have multiple characters talking in my post.)

5. This would be before Luke went on his quest but I remind you he always had issues with the amount of unclaimed children in the Hermes Cabin and what happened to his mother (which he blamed on the Hermes if I am not mistaken.) I wasn't planning on their being a central antagonist but each event may or may not feature an antagonist. (Like if there was an event featuring a monster like Medusa than she would be the central antagonist, you know?) I will probably play the canon characters to avoid confusion/conflict but if someone wants the canon character to help them with something they can ask. (Like if you wanted Annabeth to help your character find a weapon or Luke to explain how the monster dust system works.)

6. I think it would be best to have your character just sorta walk up, it might be hectic if there is a giant monster attacking camp while we are trying to get things situated/characters introduced. If you want you could have a few wounds from a previous fight? Like maybe you have a nasty gash in your arm or a twisted ankle from some monster pouncing you? You managed to take care of it but you got hurt moderately badly so you need medical assistance.

I think that is everything, no other real problems with your character. He is free to join the roleplay once I get Obsidian's updated bio and I actually manage to write the starter.

Alrighty then. And once those Hermes bastards place bets, I plant an arrow in between their shoulder blades. Just something light, like a nice Taser, or a fart arrow. Try washing that smell off of you...

This might be tedious for you, but another thing: How long are we waiting? Do you want me to spread some word? Cause I know some people....

Mr V - I hope to not have you guys waiting long, I am actually going to start working on the starter right now. I hope to have it up soon and the latest it will be up is Monday after noon (because I won't be able to work on it tomorrow due to having plans). That being said I may be able to finish it tonight and get it up tomorrow morning, there won't be any unreasonable wait.

The story will start with Chiron and Dionysus chilling on the front house porch so the new campers will be able to approach them easily. I don't need you to spread the word and would rather you didn't. I don't want a lot of people coming in and we don't really have any open slots.

Dionysus will be fun to write, I always liked his sarcastic sorta humor. Watch me butcher his character.

Mr V - I hope to not have you guys waiting long, I am actually going to start working on the starter right now. I hope to have it up soon and the latest it will be up is Monday after noon (because I won't be able to work on it tomorrow due to having plans). That being said I may be able to finish it tonight and get it up tomorrow morning, there won't be any unreasonable wait.

The story will start with Chiron and Dionysus chilling on the front house porch so the new campers will be able to approach them easily. I don't need you to spread the word and would rather you didn't. I don't want a lot of people coming in and we don't really have any open slots.

Dionysus will be fun to write, I always liked his sarcastic sorta humor. Watch me butcher his character.

So, am I accepted?

Basic
Name: Dreama (joyous music) Apolline (sunshine, warmth) Sappheiros (sapphire, blue stone)

Appearance View attachment 25115
Hair color/Style: She has thick long golden blonde hair that falls down her back to her waist in waves.
Eyes: A vivid sapphire blue.
Body 5'7 145 pounds, she has an hour glass figure with a somewhat large bust. Her skin is a soft pale color. She has 4 scars, 1 tiny one on her chin near her lower lip, 1 small one on the back of her shoulder, 1 small one on the palm of her hand, and 1 thin medium length one on her lower back, all are faded. She has pouty lips and a small'sh nose.
Clothes: View attachment 25118View attachment 25119View attachment 25120View attachment 25121
And she usually has her headphones (in the pic) on if shes not preoccupied with talking/listening to others.

Personality
Summary: Dreama is a quiet, sweet, and shy girl at least until you break the ice with her. She's very caring, calm, passionate, and very protective of her friends. Shes loyal sometimes to a fault and trustworthy, she hates to hurt anyone but if you manage to make her temper snap she sometimes says/does stuff she doesnt mean and regrets it afterward.

Good Traits: Dreama is slow to anger after teaching herself to control her temper so shes fairly calm most the time, she's also very sweet to most everyone and helpful, never afraid to get her hands dirty. She's good at surviving on the streets/in the wilderness. And animals seem to be attracted to her loving her nearly instantly, and she loves them in return.

Bad Traits: She's sometimes sensitive when it comes to what her friends think of her though she doesnt show it. She tends to trust a little too easy but once that trust is broken its very hard to get it back. She day dreams or gets lost in thought often making people think shes airheady or not paying attention but she is actually a very good listener. She has a temper but keeps it under control as best as she can.

Interests: Dreama loves music, dancing, history, animals, swords, reading, and antiques.

Family
Mortal Parent: Leroy Sappheiros
Other Mortal Family: Shala (Aunt) and grandparents.
Godly Parent: Lyssa

Abilities
Ability from Godly parent: She has the ability to project images into others minds to temporarily cause madness or rage if she stays in eye contact with them, but this she seldom uses for fear of hurting someone she doesn't intend to. Also the more she knows about the person the stronger her power is over them, if she knows little to no about them she can only vaguely sense/see there fears or triggers to anger making her power weak against them. If she knows her "victim" (for lack of a better word) well she can sense/see his or her fears much clearer making her able to project their fears to them better in either visions or sensations such as bugs crawling on you ect. She also has the ability to change others emotions, like if they're angry she can sometimes help them to calm down. But this requires extreme focus, energy, and it tends to give her a migraine, the stronger the emotion the bigger the migraine she gets and it takes more energy.

Skills: She has learned hand to hand combat training, throwing knives, and swordplay both of which she's good at. Shes an expert in survival having to live out in the wilderness or on the streets for many years. She knows quite a lot about first raid/medical treatment.

Things They Struggle with: Keeping her temper in check when provoked or seeing someone she cares for/an innocent hurt or being bullied, controlling her powers when she uses them in massive way (like with big groups or multiple at a time ect) and writing (lol).

Bio
Dreama has an older sister that is mortal she is 20 (now), her dad was divorced when Dreama's mother (Lyssa) came into his life, soon after Dreama was sent to him to raise. Dreama was always a energetic girl always wanting to be outside and play, often she would want to do what the boys were doing not liking the girly stuff, she avidly hates pink (lol). Her father Leroy took care of her but never showed her very much love or affection always ignoring her rather than spend time with her.

Her older sister Diana has always hated Dreama for reasons not really known but ever sense she was little she either ignored her or tormented her. Once she turned 10 she knew she was different, when her sister was tormenting her once again she felt something inside her snap unable to take it anymore she used her powers of madness on Diana unknowingly causing her to scream and collapse after a minute she calmed herself enough to stop. Sense then Diana and Leroy seemed to be afraid of her and proceeded to pull themselves even further away from Dreama causing her to always feel alone.

Even though Dreama was always nice and friendly with others she never seemed able to make friends often being the source of bullying in school, she didnt even feel right with the outcasts. At age 12 her first monster found and attacked her it was a Cyclops, she managed to use her powers against it causing it to become enraged at the images she projected distracting it enough to let her escape. Soon after that she ran away from home living off the streets or in the wilderness, she learned quickly how to survive and she became stronger as the years past.

(Let me know if theres anything I need to change)

Okay I edited it, added/changed some other things too. Hope I didnt miss anything if so please tell me and Ill fix it =)

Obsidian - Your character is accepted! Good job :)
Yay! Thank you lol didnt know if I made my description of Dreama's ability to long but I didnt wanna miss anything hehe

So have we started and I haven't noticed?

For mere educational purposes, would Leo Valdez (the pyro from Hephaestus Cabin that is featured in The Heroes of Olympus) be immune to the negative affects of ambrosia and nectar because of his control over and immunity to fire?

Eh, I am probably going to say no. I am not really sure about how those things work but even if he can somehow manage to keep himself from catching fire I think his body would still reject it which would lead to it shutting down? I think he would have trouble stopping the fires if all the cells in his body started burning . . .

Ya I dont think he can stop a fire if its internal like that

Yo, When is this thing starting I am starting to grow impatient!!
Srry for asking so much I'm just really excited.

I am sorry about the wait that we have had, some real life stuff has happened and I haven't gotten the time to make the roleplay. Luckily I have finally gotten it up and people can start making their posts now.

I remind you that your post must be at least a paragraph in size and that the grammar/spelling doesn't have to be perfect but it does have to be readable. If your post is too short/unreadable I will ask you to edit it so it can meet the criteria.

Keep those two things in mind and start posting (also don't laugh too hard at my starter, I am not very good at writing those. I do better when I have something to respond to.)

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/percy-jackson-camp-halfblood.40944/

Status
Not open for further replies.