Percy Jackson: Camp Halfblood Sign Up/OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for Axinite. What do you think? Can I make out with a Hunter of Artemis BEFORE she's a Hunter of Artemis?
Ummm....I suppose lol but thats up to the GM. I was debating on making mine a daughter of Artemis but I dont want to be a hunter sworn off boys XD

No she was right, feel free to add to your backstory Obsidian :3 I will offer advice to your character once it is done.

Mr V
- I am going to have to say no for a few reasons. Firstly the huntresses of Artemis don't need a look out, they have the numbers and the skill to watch their own back. The only way you could work with the Huntresses is if you were a girl, they only accept help from guys in dire circumstances (like when Artemis was kidnapped.) They wouldn't let you travel with them, you would be lucky if you met them once or twice during the time you are out in the wilderness.

Secondly you seem to be missing the point, girls don't join Artemis for the lulz, they have given it serious consideration and won't try to wiggle a smooch in last minute. A similar thing happened when a pregnant girl tried to hide her pregnancy from Artemis, she was turned into a bear and hunted by the goddess. They take the whole 'don't have romantic relationships with guys' part of their oath seriously. Besides, you think the goddess doesn't do background checks? You think that Artemis can't tell if someone is being sincere or not? If some ditzy girl would make out with some guy she probably wouldn't be allowed in (because she obviously still has feelings/temptations for the opposite sex). In that case she isn't a huntress and they wouldn't care. (Because they are mature enough to realize that not all woman are meant for a life without romance and they shouldn't be punished for not knowing what they want out of life.) If she hadn't taken the oath they wouldn't care and would probably leave her on whatever mountain side they were staying on.

Thirdly, the Huntresses aren't villains, they might be rude to males but they are noble warriors. Zoe Nightshade is a strong and respectable woman who already expects the worse out of men, if your character lives up to her expectations it won't make her hate him. If she finds out that you one of her huntresses broke her oath with you she will likely kill the girl and consider you scum ( and possibly strongly consider killing you), none of this 'justice fighting' stuff. Breaking a promise with a goddess gets you messed up, helping someone break a promise with a god could possibly get you messed up. It is a stupid risk to take.

I am going to say no to any romantic relationship with a hunter or hunter to be, that undermines their oath and doesn't make a lick of sense considering how only people who are seriously done with males (or seriously don't need them) become hunters. If you want to run into them fine, if you want to make an offensive comment that offends them fine, don't think you would be able to get away with making out with one of them, they are serious about their commitments to not have romantic relationships with guys.

I got upset again didn't I?

No she was right, feel free to add to your backstory Obsidian :3 I will offer advice to your character once it is done.
Mr V - I am going to have to say no for a few reasons. Firstly the huntresses of Artemis don't need a look out, they have the numbers and the skill to watch their own back. The only way you could work with the Huntresses is if you were a girl, they only accept help from guys in dire circumstances (like when Artemis was kidnapped.) They wouldn't let you travel with them, you would be lucky if you met them once or twice during the time you are out in the wilderness.

Secondly you seem to be missing the point, girls don't join Artemis for the lulz, they have given it serious consideration and won't try to wiggle a smooch in last minute. A similar thing happened when a pregnant girl tried to hide her pregnancy from Artemis, she was turned into a bear and hunted by the goddess. They take the whole 'don't have romantic relationships with guys' part of their oath seriously. Besides, you think the goddess doesn't do background checks? You think that Artemis can't tell if someone is being sincere or not? If some ditzy girl would make out with some guy she probably wouldn't be allowed in (because she obviously still has feelings/temptations for the opposite sex). In that case she isn't a huntress and they wouldn't care. (Because they are mature enough to realize that not all woman are meant for a life without romance and they shouldn't be punished for not knowing what they want out of life.) If she hadn't taken the oath they wouldn't care and would probably leave her on whatever mountain side they were staying on.

Thirdly, the Huntresses aren't villains, they might be rude to males but they are noble warriors. Zoe Nightshade is a strong and respectable woman who already expects the worse out of men, if your character lives up to her expectations it won't make her hate him. If she finds out that you one of her huntresses broke her oath with you she will likely kill the girl and consider you scum ( and possibly strongly consider killing you), none of this 'justice fighting' stuff. Breaking a promise with a goddess gets you messed up, helping someone break a promise with a god could possibly get you messed up. It is a stupid risk to take.

I am going to say no to any romantic relationship with a hunter or hunter to be, that undermines their oath and doesn't make a lick of sense considering how only people who are seriously done with males (or seriously don't need them) become hunters. If you want to run into them fine, if you want to make an offensive comment that offends them fine, don't think you would be able to get away with making out with one of them, they are serious about their commitments to not have romantic relationships with guys.

I got upset again didn't I?

But think about it. I piss of the Hunters, make a grand entrance, make the Aphrodite girls swoon, and end up fighting my one love in a grand duel. What happens next, I can't tell.

Axinite: Question. Can I give my guy limited prophetic powers? Like, not the Oracle stuff where it is super-fate. Like, his musical talent results in a story playing out. It may be set in the modern day, or in the past. As the story plays out, so will the events of the next day. However, most stories end without an ending, leaving him or no one with the answer, unlike the Oracle, who can predict anything from anywhere at anytime, and the events might happen whenever, essentially making her omnipotent. Nate is left with as few answers as possible, and only sees partial images of the next 24 hours. He is often unable to predict the outcome of anything, and cannot set someone's fate, also unlike the Oracle, who, no matter what, gives you a fate set in stone by THE Fates. The outcome can be easily influenced by various personal choices. And yeah you did. But I'll go with your thing, and just piss off the Hunters. That'll do the trick. And now we must see how Chiron reacts under pressure from heavily armed females and accepting a demigod in need...

Okay its edited, hope its okay =)

Mr V - I am starting to get a bit annoyed, it seems like you are just trying to make your character seem cool and stuff while also trying to make the plot revolve around him. This is a group roleplay about demigods learning how to deal with the stress that comes from being demigods and perhaps slaying a monster every once in a while. Your character sounds like he will stand in the spotlight and make events happen so his little story can be fulfilled.

Your character is already considerably gifted by his father with an invisibilty technique AND enhanced hearing. Besides what is the point of having prophetic powers if nothing you see is set it stone and you can barely even see anything. Besides if he were to have this ability you would have to have ME tell you where I plan to move the roleplay or what events I am planning which would not only be difficult (considering this is a GROUP collaboration sorta roleplay and it changes depending on the individual character's posts) but it would also mean I would have to spoil events that I am planning so your character could know about them ahead of time. (Also songs? Is he just supposed to randomly sing about the breakfast he is going to have tomorrow?)

The more I think about I am beginning to believe that your character sounds more suited for a story where you can control all the characters instead of a roleplay where you have to interact with characters controlled by other people. Your character sounds like he was created with a specific character centered plot in mind and you could write that plot out exactly the way you want it if you made it a story. You wouldn't have to worry about annoying canon focused GMs like me and you could make out with all the huntresses you wanted. That is just a suggestion, if you really, really, really want to be a part of this roleplay we have to rework your character.

Obsidian L Scarletta - I promise I am not ignoring you sweetie, I will try to get to look over your character and offer advice before the night is over.

• Thank You
Reactions: The Philosoraptor
Mr V - I am starting to get a bit annoyed, it seems like you are just trying to make your character seem cool and stuff while also trying to make the plot revolve around him. This is a group roleplay about demigods learning how to deal with the stress that comes from being demigods and perhaps slaying a monster every once in a while. Your character sounds like he will stand in the spotlight and make events happen so his little story can be fulfilled.

Your character is already considerably gifted by his father with an invisibilty technique AND enhanced hearing. Besides what is the point of having prophetic powers if nothing you see is set it stone and you can barely even see anything. Besides if he were to have this ability you would have to have ME tell you where I plan to move the roleplay or what events I am planning which would not only be difficult (considering this is a GROUP collaboration sorta roleplay and it changes depending on the individual character's posts) but it would also mean I would have to spoil events that I am planning so your character could know about them ahead of time. (Also songs? Is he just supposed to randomly sing about the breakfast he is going to have tomorrow?)

The more I think about I am beginning to believe that your character sounds more suited for a story where you can control all the characters instead of a roleplay where you have to interact with characters controlled by other people. Your character sounds like he was created with a specific character centered plot in mind and you could write that plot out exactly the way you want it if you made it a story. You wouldn't have to worry about annoying canon focused GMs like me and you could make out with all the huntresses you wanted. That is just a suggestion, if you really, really, really want to be a part of this roleplay we have to rework your character.

Obsidian L Scarletta - I promise I am not ignoring you sweetie, I will try to get to look over your character and offer advice before the night is over.
Thats okay take your time =) Being GM is busy work I understand lol

Obsidian L Scarletta - Hey, I like the idea of your character but I think there are a few things that we might want to change to make her more believable and well suited. First off I am going to list things I like about your character and then we can get around to changing some of the other stuff :3

Positives: Your character's height and weight are really accurate, often time you see characters who are six feet tall but only way 120. It is good to see a character that is in the upper end of the reasonable weight limits.

I like that she is sensitive to other peoples opinions, especially people who are close to her. It is a trait I can personally connect with and it makes your character seem that much more realistic. It also isn't unreasonable that she would have experience out in the wilderness (most half-bloods do). I can understand her being able to change emotions although we might need to set some borders. In summery all of her flaws are really legitimate and really realistic :3

You choose an uncommon god and managed to figure out reasonable powers for a child of her, good job :3 Her backstory is also good, you made the response to her first power outburst negative enough as to discourage her from further using her powers (since she associates them with isolation and loneliness).

~ Onto the things we might need to rework ~

1. I think her personality could use some altering, just a tad. She sounds like a nice character but I don't think that she represents madness all that well. Perhaps similar to the sons/daughters of Ares she is more prone to rage or anger when things go wrong but she has worked and figured out how to calm herself down due to realizing the potentially dangerous outcomes that come with emotional outbursts? It might just be me but I think a daughter of Lyssa might have a bit of a temper on her.
  2. I would not include a 'dark side', it would make sense that your character would be scared of her abilities but if those abilities were to manifest as an alter ego of sorts that implies possible mental illness. I would suggest not referring to her abilities as a separate entity and instead just having her fear herself. (Instead of 'oh no I can't control IT/HER' make it 'oh no I can't control MYSELF')
  3. I remind you that since she has lived on the streets for so long she probably wouldn't be good at making friends although you implied that with the 'shy' trait.
  4. Her abilities are rather good but I would like a more detailed explanation on how she induces madness, how long it typically last (or else I will assume the max time is one minute like with the incident with her step-sister), and perhaps a few negative repercussions she gets from using them. (Maybe she gets a killer headache?)
  5. Explain a bit more about the cyclops incident? How did she use her powers to get away? Did she scare it or distract it? It is more of a curiosity question than anything, don't feel compelled to add the answer to your profile.
  6. Waist length hair is somewhat impractical on the field, perhaps you could shorten it? It could fall to the small of the back or the shoulder blades but waist length hair might get grabbed or caught on something.
I hope to help you work on your character, please respond to each of my questions.

(Tried a different method, I am trying to be nicer and some opinions about how useful this is would be welcomed.)

Obsidian L Scarletta - Hey, I like the idea of your character but I think there are a few things that we might want to change to make her more believable and well suited. First off I am going to list things I like about your character and then we can get around to changing some of the other stuff :3

Positives: Your character's height and weight are really accurate, often time you see characters who are six feet tall but only way 120. It is good to see a character that is in the upper end of the reasonable weight limits.

I like that she is sensitive to other peoples opinions, especially people who are close to her. It is a trait I can personally connect with and it makes your character seem that much more realistic. It also isn't unreasonable that she would have experience out in the wilderness (most half-bloods do). I can understand her being able to change emotions although we might need to set some borders. In summery all of her flaws are really legitimate and really realistic :3

You choose an uncommon god and managed to figure out reasonable powers for a child of her, good job :3 Her backstory is also good, you made the response to her first power outburst negative enough as to discourage her from further using her powers (since she associates them with isolation and loneliness).

~ Onto the things we might need to rework ~

1. I think her personality could use some altering, just a tad. She sounds like a nice character but I don't think that she represents madness all that well. Perhaps similar to the sons/daughters of Ares she is more prone to rage or anger when things go wrong but she has worked and figured out how to calm herself down due to realizing the potentially dangerous outcomes that come with emotional outbursts? It might just be me but I think a daughter of Lyssa might have a bit of a temper on her.
  2. I would not include a 'dark side', it would make sense that your character would be scared of her abilities but if those abilities were to manifest as an alter ego of sorts that implies possible mental illness. I would suggest not referring to her abilities as a separate entity and instead just having her fear herself. (Instead of 'oh no I can't control IT/HER' make it 'oh no I can't control MYSELF')
  3. I remind you that since she has lived on the streets for so long she probably wouldn't be good at making friends although you implied that with the 'shy' trait.
  4. Her abilities are rather good but I would like a more detailed explanation on how she induces madness, how long it typically last (or else I will assume the max time is one minute like with the incident with her step-sister), and perhaps a few negative repercussions she gets from using them. (Maybe she gets a killer headache?)
  5. Explain a bit more about the cyclops incident? How did she use her powers to get away? Did she scare it or distract it? It is more of a curiosity question than anything, don't feel compelled to add the answer to your profile.
  6. Waist length hair is somewhat impractical on the field, perhaps you could shorten it? It could fall to the small of the back or the shoulder blades but waist length hair might get grabbed or caught on something.
I hope to help you work on your character, please respond to each of my questions.

(Tried a different method, I am trying to be nicer and some opinions about how useful this is would be welcomed.)

Hehe thank you, I like yours as well!

Ya I try to make it accurate from height to weight, thank you =)

Ya I connect with it as well, most of my original characters have in someway a connection to my own personality/appearance hehe. I agree I wasnt sure how to explain it, a good way of it could be like Jasper from the Twilight Saga. But she has to keep eye contact with the person shes controlling the emotions of for a period of time for it to work?

It took me awhile to decide on which god/goddess lol it was a tough debate between Nyx, Lyssa, and Hecate. Im glad you like it thank you =) Im going for her powers to be inherintly dark but her personality/heart is light so its a constant struggle to keep the darker thoughts/emotions from rising up and changing her into someone she doesnt want to be. If that makes sense lol.

*gulp* jk hehe

1. Yes that was what I was going for but wasnt sure how to put it. She has a temper but it takes a lot to make it flare, and when it does its a deadly inferno of negative emotions that tend to make her do/say things she would otherwise not. And any time she lets her temper get the best of her she ends up regretting it in the end usually so she has taught herself to become a calm/tranquil person to negate that. Sound good?

2. Okay I'll change that, I think I have a better idea than "dark side" now anyways =)

3. Ya she's nice and friendly to everyone but shy and somewhat closed off so it makes it hard to really connect with her, she's afraid of getting hurt so she tries not to make bonds with anyone.

4. Hmmm okay I have an idea, Ill edit it.

5. Lol she used her powers to make the Cyclops see his most hated enemies causing him to go into a rage and try to attack/find them. Giving her time to run away and hide. If you like I can put that in I dont mind either way.

6. Hmm I like her having really long hair just because it makes her somewhat unique, maybe if I have her put it up in a messy bun or something while fighting or otherwise in a situation where it would get in the way? She tends to wear it up in a pony tail by the way.

Thank you your advice and help is very appreciated =) I like it its very encouraging and helpful.

Okay. I was going a tad overboard.

Obsidian L Scarletta - Alright I will respond to your thing now, I think everything is more or less good but there are just one or two things I want to go over with you first. First off I want to offer a character who I believe could help you understand the sorta paranoia people with dangerous abilities, Elsa from the new Frozen movie. She has anxiety due to the dangerous nature of her powers and isolates herself from other people without becoming a cruel or nasty person. She just believes that people are safer if she hides herself/keeps to herself.

I only suggest making your character more like her because the way you are writing her powers it sorta sounds like they are sorta separate from her if that makes sense? Although they are dark in nature I don't think that they themselves should cause 'darker thoughts/emotions.' Although your character may associate certain emotions (like fear and anger) those emotions are a natural part of being human and wouldn't change her into someone else. Although she may not know how to control her powers or be able to control the outcome of using her powers, which would lead to anxiety about using them, you shouldn't make it so that using them changes your character.

It kinda has to do with inconsistency, you say that your character has lived with these strange abilities and has realized that they are dangerous/out of her control. If she has realized this than using them wouldn't cause a drastic change in her personality, it might cause a panic attack when she uses them and might hurt someone but her calm/shy personality shouldn't suffer any serious shifts in her personality? Does this make any sense? Although she can fear her powers since, like you said, they are dark she should fear them because she doesn't want to hurt someone/doesn't want to be shunned by people because of them (like what happened with her step-family after she used them on her step-sister.) I swear I have a point, I just don't know how to say it.

The negative emotions that she doesn't usually show will probably seem extreme when she actually explodes and since people don't usually see her acting in such a negative way it might be shocking but the things she does when she is upset aren't the strange things. They only seem strange because she hides them and rarely shows them, they are still natural reactions to negative situations. You see?

Besides that everything sounds more or less alright, I am a little confused on her powers though. Does she know what the other person is seeing when she makes them go mad? Considering how personal it is I feel like, unless she knows the person very well, it would just be kinda vague. Maybe general things, like feeling bugs under your skin or hearing people insult you when they really aren't? I feel like it would work similar to drugs (forgive my comparison) the person hears/feels things that aren't actually there but they are so real feeling/sounding the person believes they are real and acts on them. Your character wouldn't know exactly what is going on in their head but she could kinda decide if it is a feeling or a sound or something.

Obsidian L Scarletta - Alright I will respond to your thing now, I think everything is more or less good but there are just one or two things I want to go over with you first. First off I want to offer a character who I believe could help you understand the sorta paranoia people with dangerous abilities, Elsa from the new Frozen movie. She has anxiety due to the dangerous nature of her powers and isolates herself from other people without becoming a cruel or nasty person. She just believes that people are safer if she hides herself/keeps to herself.

I only suggest making your character more like her because the way you are writing her powers it sorta sounds like they are sorta separate from her if that makes sense? Although they are dark in nature I don't think that they themselves should cause 'darker thoughts/emotions.' Although your character may associate certain emotions (like fear and anger) those emotions are a natural part of being human and wouldn't change her into someone else. Although she may not know how to control her powers or be able to control the outcome of using her powers, which would lead to anxiety about using them, you shouldn't make it so that using them changes your character.

It kinda has to do with inconsistency, you say that your character has lived with these strange abilities and has realized that they are dangerous/out of her control. If she has realized this than using them wouldn't cause a drastic change in her personality, it might cause a panic attack when she uses them and might hurt someone but her calm/shy personality shouldn't suffer any serious shifts in her personality? Does this make any sense? Although she can fear her powers since, like you said, they are dark she should fear them because she doesn't want to hurt someone/doesn't want to be shunned by people because of them (like what happened with her step-family after she used them on her step-sister.) I swear I have a point, I just don't know how to say it.

The negative emotions that she doesn't usually show will probably seem extreme when she actually explodes and since people don't usually see her acting in such a negative way it might be shocking but the things she does when she is upset aren't the strange things. They only seem strange because she hides them and rarely shows them, they are still natural reactions to negative situations. You see?

Besides that everything sounds more or less alright, I am a little confused on her powers though. Does she know what the other person is seeing when she makes them go mad? Considering how personal it is I feel like, unless she knows the person very well, it would just be kinda vague. Maybe general things, like feeling bugs under your skin or hearing people insult you when they really aren't? I feel like it would work similar to drugs (forgive my comparison) the person hears/feels things that aren't actually there but they are so real feeling/sounding the person believes they are real and acts on them. Your character wouldn't know exactly what is going on in their head but she could kinda decide if it is a feeling or a sound or something.

Alright, three things, one a question one statement for my former power proposal, merely to offer some final retorts. Beginning with the statement:

1. The point of seeing a potential future rather than a certain one is to allow for change. While he would be unable to see the really important stuff (i.e. Luke betraying the camp, Percy's victory over Kronos), and would be limited to the 24 hour period, his visions could show someone's death by freak accident or battle, and allow them to change their fate. Thus, the importance of seeing a potential future rather than one set in stone. However, I won't push for you to allow me to use it any further, as I feel it would be a waste of time. This was merely to retort to your comment about the waste of seeing a future not set in stone. Thus, my powers will remain the same, no additions, no Hunter-Camper relationship. I'll just insult Nightshade somehow instead; like, I get up in her face over something like her distrust of men, that is shared with most other Hunters, and say that the only reason that she'd win in a fight is that I'd be afraid to hit a girl out of my anger. THAT should be sufficient to provoke her. That okay?

2. It has been a while since I read the "Lightning Thief", but didn't Ares allow Luke to get away with stealing the Master Bolt and Helmet of Darkness until Percy revealed the plot? Was there no punishment awaiting him in Olympus? If not, Jesus Christ the Olympian justice system is even more screwed than the mortal one.

Also, while it would make more sense to have replied to the comment directed at me, this was the first one I saw. Sorry Obsidian.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm....I suppose lol but thats up to the GM. I was debating on making mine a daughter of Artemis but I dont want to be a hunter sworn off boys XD

You couldn't make a daughter anyway. Artemis is a virgin. For whatever reason.

Alright, three things, one a question one statement for my former power proposal, merely to offer some final retorts. Beginning with the statement:

1. The point of seeing a potential future rather than a certain one is to allow for change. While he would be unable to see the really important stuff (i.e. Luke betraying the camp, Percy's victory over Kronos), and would be limited to the 24 hour period, his visions could show someone's death by freak accident or battle, and allow them to change their fate. Thus, the importance of seeing a potential future rather than one set in stone. However, I won't push for you to allow me to use it any further, as I feel it would be a waste of time. This was merely to retort to your comment about the waste of seeing a future not set in stone. Thus, my powers will remain the same, no additions, no Hunter-Camper relationship. I'll just insult Nightshade somehow instead; like, I get up in her face over something like her distrust of men, that is shared with most other Hunters, and say that the only reason that she'd win in a fight is that I'd be afraid to hit a girl out of my anger. THAT should be sufficient to provoke her. That okay?

2. It has been a while since I read the "Lightning Thief", but didn't Ares allow Luke to get away with stealing the Master Bolt and Helmet of Darkness until Percy revealed the plot? Was there no punishment awaiting him in Olympus? If not, Jesus Christ the Olympian justice system is even more screwed than the mortal one.

Also, while it would make more sense to have replied to the comment directed at me, this was the first one I saw. Sorry Obsidian.
Lol no V

You couldn't make a daughter anyway. Artemis is a virgin. For whatever reason.
U know what I mean! =P Lol I like romance too much to be sworn off men XD

Ya I was going for something similar to that, let me edit my CS then let me know if you like it/if its okay k? Ill tell you when its done =)

Okay, so, like a Hunter of Artemis gone to camp? Damn. Didn't know you could do that.
No XD I was debating on being a hunter or hunter to be of Artemis but decided not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.