People + Role-Playing = Rip My Hair Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also people, these are my opinions on role-playing, So you have no right to get mad at me.

Uhhh. I'd say we do at least have the right to disagree.

And also maybe offer a different point of view in saying that the problems in an RP that GM's are blamed for aren't always the GM's fault.

Then you get those people who are like, "I play female only." Now wait. I always reread that. Like no. Just stop there. That's something that always makes me leave the topic right then and there. In role-playing, I would hope that everyone would be comfortable playing both genders equally.
I play female mains strictly. However, I usually tend to have far more male side characters than anything else. Most of my rps involve romance, and I will admit that when it comes to male roles and romance, I'm horrible. My males are usually cliche in relationships, either the player type who don't really want to settle down and end up lying and cheating constantly, or the complete opposite. I have yet to find a happy medium in that regard, but I'm working on it! However, that being said, I will only work on it with partners I have history with who understand and are patient. I am not willing to screw up a rp with someone new because they lose their patience, or my character isn't what they thought it should be and the roleplay gets ruined.

I am a female in real life. I have never wanted to be, or considered being male. That being said, if I don't have to focus on romance with a male character and can simply let them go with the story, my men turn out awesome. Throw in romances though, and like me, my characters become a bit uncertain and stray from their nature.

Like I said, I'm working on it, but I'm not quite comfortable enough working on it with someone that I'm not familiar with.

Reactions: LunaValentine
This is a ranting thread, not a discussion thread. The purpose of this tag within the counselling forum is to allow for a person to vent their feelings. It is not an open invitation to argue these feelings. That doesn't take away anyone's right to disagree, it just means this is not the place to discuss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.