PENUMBRA - An Afterlife Story [World Info, Sign-Ups, OOC Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a friendly reminder to everyone that the Group exists and is meant to be used! Ways you can use the group:

1. Reply to the current discussions. All of the current threads are open for you to post in!

2. Start your own discussion. Speculate on the plot, discuss your favorite characters, collaborate, or share links/pictures/etc. that remind you of or inspire you for Penumbra.

3. Contribute pictures to the Group album.

4. Character journals! Give extra IC glimpses into your characters.

5. Mini-RPs! Roleplay your Penumbra characters in life, or create smaller stories set in Potter's Field that exist separately from the main
story.

Have fun!

:dust: <----Rawr?

xD!

Posting soon, waifu.
<33

Finally sent my computer to the shop so I have to use another computer.
This one is better so ehhh.

I'm also thinking of making a journal for my character when he was away and perhaps before he met his wife too. Hmmmm....
DECISIONS!
:O

Not much is going on right now.
JOIN YOU NEWBIE JOIN.
>:O
That's what I'd say,
If I actually was the GM.

GO OSSO GO.<3

It is not too late to join!

Character app now. >:]

Excellent, Chen.

You may post.

Wow. That.. Was so freaking awesome. * ^*
I AM IN AWE. AND AM NOT WORTHY.

*wondering what happend with everyone, no one has said anything in two weeks* xD

Holidays happened. And grandmother in the hospital. Sorry, guys. :[

I am getting back on track, though!

Name: Tai Knights
Age at Time of Death: 32
Days Dead: -
Appearance in Life:
Hurt_me_self____by_phenomdesire.jpg

Manifestation in Death: Tai's body has three bullet wounds, one in the shoulder and two within close range of each other in the stomach. He has dark black hair and a large scar on his eye from the war. Blood will seep through his wounds when he feels betrayed. His clothing is casual. His trouser are beige and consist of several large pockets going down them, they are easy to move in and soft in fabric. As for his shirt, it's just a casual T-shirt that is dark black in color. He is a msucular figure that stands at 6'3.

Personality: His personality is solid, he's a soldier. He's loyal, kind, friendly, a bit of a jackass sometimes but he can also be considerate. Tai is very opinionated and isn't afraid to show it, messing around isn't his style and neither does he like to be kept in the dark. He is easily angered. But he also has a great amount of empathy.

Cause of Death: Tai died from a heart failure, he was shot by several bullets. The shrapnel from the bullet entered his his blood stream and eventually got to his heart. There he stay, on his knees at the mercy of his brother, who had shot him with a cold vengeance for his success. As Tai's eyes began into sink into blank, a scream was heard as the cries of his family rapidly approached him although he could see them get close, they began to fade out and his visions blur into a haze of shrouded mist.
In Life: What did your character do before they died? Give a summary of their life history.

In Death: In death, Tai is trying to search for a way back to his family. He hates his brother for shooting him in the guts and wants to get such a malicious character away from his wife and little girl. He wishes to be reunited with his family.

Haunt: To be chained or trapped within a cage. This reflects his fears in life and what he has seen in children woman and men all being enslaved and how he fears that his brother may do the same to his little girl.
chained_by_aStRaLiLiTu.jpg

Oh goodie. A new player. >:D

HEY GUYS. GUESS WHAT. >:D

Oh no...what? *prepares to start running* lol yeah new character - hope ya don't mind. Please take care of me! x

OMG OMG OMG OMG YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

OSSO I FUCKING LOVE YOU. ; ; <3
I literally had to suppress a squeal of joy after reading the bit about Dante.

Then make a character, Mitzi!

A new dead girl in the Field. Images will be coming soon!

Name: Odessa Dekas

Age at Time of Death:

Days Dead: -

Appearance in Life
: A tall, lean girl with oblong features. She had long, abundant straight black hair and a distinctive, piercing gaze that fitted awkwardly her melancholic facial expression.

Manifestation in Death: She appears as the same girl, wearing only her long white blouse and underwear she had at the moment of her death. She is always soaked; the skin on her hands and feet shows the characteristic wrinkles that appear when someone spends a lot of time in contact with the water, and her hair and clothes move in the air as if they were submerged.

Personality: Quiet and depressive. Odessa has a somewhat aloof attitude towards the world. She seems to be always lost in thought and not really aware of her surroundings. She is very sensitive, and will take everything personally; but she fails terribly at communicating her feelings to others, choosing often to stay quiet and leave instead of confronting anybody. She usually feels sad about everything and if she has to feel angry, she will be angry with herself. Happiness is almost unknown to her, and at her best she can be found in a quiet state of calmness. She has a contemplative approach to everything and spends hours pondering and thinking about how unhappy she is and why, unfortunately not always reaching to any useful conclusion.

Cause of Death:
Suicide. Odessa killed herself with an overdose of analgesics and sleeping pills, and right before passing out she let her body fall inside a huge fish tank inside an aquarium. Seeing fish always gave her a feeling of peace. She killed herself because she was never happy with anything and saw life, in her personal case, as something pointless. Why endure such emotionally painful life? What for? She'd rather not exist, she reasoned.

In Life: Odessa was mainly a student. She never felt motivated for anything in particular. She studied because she had to, but it was terribly hard for her to concentrate in her studies, often failing. She had a part-time job at a local aquarium, where her father also worked. She mainly did cleaning after-hours, and that is how she had easy access to the fishtank.

In Death: She used to believe there was nothing after dying. Soon after awakening in her afterlife, Odessa realizes she was obviously wrong about that, and wonders if perhaps she was wrong about her pointless existence as well. She starts considering the possibility of a peaceful existence for herself... She feels better as a ghost than she did as a living person, and, slightly moved by curiosity, she is willing to give herself a new chance, although she is not holding onto it desperately either.

Haunt: The Acuarium.

acuario.JPG

Reminder to self: Update obituaries when laptop is functional.

Selen, welcome aboard!

Aira, I went to update the Obits and noticed your character is missing a last name!

Fix this please? <3

Status
Not open for further replies.