Penultimate Crisis: Amalgam (Superhero Crossover RP, See Inside for Details)

mr_pibbs

The One True Pibbles
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Somewhere at the source of all creation...

fa980e8db6fc9232549ad16e0e0f4401.gif

guardians-of-the-galaxy-thanos-chair-103547.jpg

"So, you have come."

"This. Place. Not. Yours. Taken. From. Something. Powerful. How?"

"Surely you already know?"

"The. Stones."

"Yes."

"I. Require. Them."

"So do I. Why should I just give them away?"

"Surely. You. Already. Know."

"You wish for nothing but death."

"And. You. Wish. For. Nothing. But. To. Court. It."

"Your goal is noble; but your methods are flawed."

"My. Methods. Are. The. Only. Way. All. Things. Must. End."

"Indeed. But if there is nothing left in the wake of destruction, no survivors to look upon the ruin and reflect... Then has it truly ended?"

"Poetic. But. Incorrect. Death. Is. The. End. The. Only. End."

From his massive throne, the figure clad in blue-gold armor stepped towards the universal intruder. Each hulking step brought with it minor tremors that shook the floating bits of rock and debris that comprised the floor of the mystical locale. Wrapped tightly around his left hand; a shimmering golden gauntlet, crafted by the Gods, and emblazoned with six shimmering gemstones of varying color; the Infinity Gauntlet.

The invader stood steadfast, watching with an empty expression as the Mad Titan approached. He was dressed in a series of complicated dark blue armor pieces with mechanical enhancements. His eyes glowed a bright yellow color, wires lined his torso and penetrated his body to provide a constant flow of the only sustenance he could survive on; anti-matter. The only bit of exposed flesh were those surrounding his mouth. His arms were crossed behind his back as he waited for the inevitable moment when he could claim the gauntlet, and the stones, for himself.

"You are weakened, Anti-Monitor. I can feel it. Your recent defeat, coupled with the destruction of your anti-matter dimension... You are dying..."

"Silence."

"At your full strength, you would have killed me and taken the gauntlet by now with minimal effort; yet here you are, humoring me with small-talk."

"Silence."

"You don't want the Stones... You need them. To survive."

"Silence. You. Will. Give. Me. The. Stones. And. You. Will. Be. Destroyed."

Thanos stopped, standing inches away from the Anti-Monitor and facing down his latest universal foe. They were equaled in height and size, and to the untrained eye, onlookers may have mistaken one for the other. But they both had more then enough to lose if this fight should turn awry.

"The. Stones."

"How about a proposition?"

"The. Stones."

"I quite enjoy my continued existence. But I am no fool. This world; all worlds, must end."

"The. Stones."

"I propose an 'alliance'. You see, this "Anti-Life Equation" of yours... It intrigues me."

Suddenly, the Anti-Monitor swung his fist directly at Thanos, but the Mad Titan caught it effortlessly, then retaliated with a punch of his own. The Power Stone pulsated with a vibrant explosion of purple energy, sending the Anti-Monitor flying backwards into an asteroid chunk.

ScrawnyWeakCurassow-size_restricted.gif

The Anti-Monitor smashed against it with a violent force that only the strongest of Gods could produce. The impact obliterated the asteroid and scattered chunks of space-rocks across the void. Thanos was quicker on his feet then he looked, either due to his own strength or the power of the Infinity Stones, and charged his foe again. The Anti-Monitor retaliated by clapping his hands together and pulling them apart; producing a pulsating stream of electricity that hovered between his palms. He let out a monstrous roar as he reeled back a hand and shoved it towards the charging Thanos, launching the uncontrollable power towards the Mad Titan.

PastelKindlyAvocet-small.gif

The blast hit him square in the chest, causing Thanos to writhe in pain. He fell to one knee, grunting hard as every muscle in his body clenched and un-clenched again and again. The Anti-Monitor quickly stood and rushed Thanos, kicking him straight in the jaw and sending the Titan to the ground. The Anti-Monitor was quick to act, wrapping his hands around the Infinity Gauntlet tightly and pulling with all his strength. The gauntlet budged an inch, but Thanos clenched his hand and grabbed the Anti-Monitor with his free hand, shoving him away.

6406551-8964025541-giphy.gif

Suddenly, a swarm of horrific cybernetic winged beasts with glowing red eyes came charging towards the Anti-Monitor, howling and screeching like a banshee straight out of the darkest nightmare. The Anti-Monitor slapped away at the beasts and filled them with lightning, but the more he took down, the more flew in to protect their master. At his full potential, he would have been able to defeat them; but the Anti-Monitor was beginning to feel his strength leaving him. Something had been preventing him from feeding for some time; an unseen force that lurked beyond the barriers of reality. It is that same force that brought him here, and the Anti-Monitor now had no doubts that this purple-oaf had been responsible for his suffering. The Titan would die. He needed that Gauntlet. Now.

"Hold him down! Do not let him move!"

"This. Is. Not. Right. They. Only. Serve. The. Lord. Of. Apokolips."

"As you soon will."

With one final effort, the Anti-Monitor focused all his remaining energy into summoning an inter dimensional rift. A swirling vortex of dark red energy appeared, literately tearing through time and space and leaving behind visible fragments of subspace distortion. The Parademons were quickly sucked into the vortex, their distant howls heard echoing across the vast reaches of the multiverse. Thanos held his gloved-palm towards the rift and made a tearing motion with his hand, causing the rift to become instantly sealed. A few Parademons were sliced in half in the process, but it didn't matter. Soon, the Anti-Monitor was out of energy and collapsed as the former slaves of Darkseid overwhelmed him.

Suddenly, a beam of red light came firing out of Thanos' eyes, zig-zagging through the air at a rapid pace before finally finding their way to the Anti-Monitor's eyes, burning away his corneas and leaving him completely blind. The Anti-Monitor howled in pain, practically whimpering. Thanos cracked his knuckles and let out a soft chuckle, stepping towards his fallen adversary.

"You put up more of a fight then he did. But I'm sure you'll agree when I say that even the Gods must fall." said Thanos, his confidence swelling as he watched the Anti-Monitor still struggle to free himself as the Parademons began to feed on the entity's body.

"You. Will. Die. As. All. Things. Wi--"

The Anti-Monitor was interrupted as Thanos suddenly placed a closed fist against his forehead; the same one that bore the gauntlet. All six gems began to pulsate with power, drawing whatever life-force still remained in the Anti-Monitor's body. The Anti-Monitor screamed. For the first time in his life; he was afraid.

Thanos' entire body shook as the energy of a cosmic entity filled his being, his mind suddenly flooded with a millennia's worth of knowledge and wisdom. He could see it; the Anti-Life Equation, in its entirety. He had gathered bits and pieces from other sources, but at last he had the final piece of the puzzle. Darkseid had warned him of a mortal possessing the full power of such a thing; but with the combined powers of the Watcher and the Living Tribunal already his to command, Thanos had become more then a God.

As the transfer came to a close, Thanos ripped the gauntlet away from the Anti-Monitor's lifeless corpse. The Parademons fed on him hungrily as Thanos stepped away from the scene, observing the ruins of the once mighty world of Apokolips; moved thanks to the power of the Stones to the center of the known universe. It had to be this way for his plan to work. Everything was as it should be.

Then, standing alone in the courtyard of a desolate world, staring into the source of creation, Thanos, the Mad Titan, Conqueror of Apokolips and Reigning God of Gods, raised his hand. In a hushed voice and a smile on his face, he whispered to the cosmos for all to hear;

"Reality... Is Reborn."

thanos-snap.gif

---------------​

Hey all! Hope you'll forgive the super long intro, but I hope it set the scene really well for you all!

So if you didn't already guess from the title; this is going to be an Amalgam RP where the heroes and villains of our favorite superhero stories meet! Spider-Man meeting Batman, Spawn and Hit-Girl going out for a night on the town (to kill some bad-guys), Lex Luthor taking tips from Ozymandias; it's all possible here! But, as usual, there's a spin.

The background of this story is that Thanos (from Earth-616), learned of a way to strip cosmic beings of their power and absorb them into himself using the Infinity Gauntlet. After gathering the Infinity Stones and defeating the cosmic beings of his reality, he sought out the source of all creation, which bordered the line between Earth-616 and Earth-Prime (DC Universe). After travelling to Earth-Prime, Thanos encountered the New Gods and Darkseid, who were promptly defeated and had their powers drained by the Mad Titan. His master plan, upon learning of the existence of a multiverse, was to amalgamate everything into a single shared universe; one reality born of millions. The ensuing death and rebirth would be more than enough to catch the attention of his Mistress Death, and by becoming a God, he could create a world in his own image and control the population of the galaxy as he sought to do the first time he gathered the stones.

And so, with a snap, millions of realities are suddenly destroyed, reduced to atoms, while a single universe builds itself from the ashes, using the collective experiences of the fallen realms to define itself. This world is called "Earth-Amalgam"

That's where our story begins; after the creation of Earth-Amalgam (or "Earth-A" for short). Each of our characters is a hero, or villain, who has been reborn in this reality. Their histories are altered, their powers perhaps changed, and their minds... Confused. Despite their memories telling them they have lived as they are for years, there is an uncomfortable nagging sensation in the back of their minds screaming; This is wrong. They remember... They were also somewhere else. Someone else. They lived a different life; possibly more then one.

I won't go into too much detail here, as this post has already taken me a few hours to properly finish and any further details will just lead to spoilers regarding the initial post, but all of our characters will join together to unravel the truth about their past and, as they embark on a great journey, will have to face off against the ultimate threat to all reality.

In terms of characters you can play here, it's pretty much an open-door for anyone who originated in a comic book (though for obvious reasons I'll put a limit on those introduced in tie-in comics based on properties like video games, movies, or television shows that don't involve Superheroes). But don't feel like you have to be just another version of Wonder Woman. What if in this reality, Tony Stark trained under the tutilage of the Mandarin, then took what he learned to become the nocturnal vigilante known as Iron-Bat? What if instead of being a conqueror hell-bent on world-dominance, Gorilla Grodd was an advocate for cross-species cohabitation and strove to protect the world of Man and Apes alike from danger? What if Poison Ivy and Man-Thing were the same person? Or if the "Fantastic Four" were actually all Skrulls who killed the real Fantastic Four before their experiment went awry? What if Captain America was actually a secret agent of HYDRA? (wait...)

Well all these things are possible here! Villains can be heroes, heroes can be villains, and backstories are whatever you want them to be (or they can be exactly the same, if you really want. But where's the fun in that?)

If you're at all interested in this, please let me know by posting your preferred character/characters of choice and we can hopefully get this moving. I'm looking to keep a relatively small player-base for now, with the potential to expand over-time should we decide to open more threads to handle characters in different locations/experiencing different stories. I'll say the cut-off will probably be around 4-5 players (excluding myself), and I'll set a limit of at least one post a week (if you can't make it once that's fine, but please let me know if you'll be gone for extended periods of time).

As for myself, I'll be taking up the mantle of Pietro Parker; secret child of Magneto, known more commonly as "the Amazing Spider-Man"! (Peter Parker/Quicksilver amalgam).

Checked Iwaku for a quick sneak peek for any group RPs available, and I am thrilled to have found this! Got a few ideas bubbling in this brain of mine - do you mind if I posted a CS once I'm done with classes tomorrow? I apologize for the delay but I honestly do just want in for this ^^

Edit: Also I wish to reserve Felicia Pryde as Shadowcat!

Last edited:
Reactions: mr_pibbs
This definitely has me intrigued. I don't normally care for crossover/canon rp cause they're not normally done well... But this one had a lot of thought put into it.

I'd like to reserve Bella Donna Bordreaux and the moniker Huntress if that's cool.

Well then, colored me intrigued.

Checked Iwaku for a quick sneak peek for any group RPs available, and I am thrilled to have found this! Got a few ideas bubbling in this brain of mine - do you mind if I posted a CS once I'm done with classes tomorrow? I apologize for the delay but I honestly do just want in for this ^^

Edit: Also I wish to reserve Felicia Pryde as Shadowcat!

Sounds good, but maybe just PM me the sheet and we can discuss it, since I have ideas for things I want to put into the CS, but I just haven’t made it yet.

Also that’s a neat combination! Maybe her and Pietro could play off each other really well like their other-earth counterparts!

This definitely has me intrigued. I don't normally care for crossover/canon rp cause they're not normally done well... But this one had a lot of thought put into it.

I'd like to reserve Bella Donna Bordreaux and the moniker Huntress if that's cool.

That sounds good to me! Howdy, by the way; been a while!

Well then, colored me intrigued.

Wanderer, knew I could count on you for this! Any ideas on who you’d wanna play?

Also since I forgot to mention it in the initial post; You can take up to 2 active characters if you’d like, but any more would need to be approved.

In that case, I'd like to yoink Lois Lane and Jessica Jones (Jessica's powers/origin at least)

And yeah haha! I've been around but different circles!

In that case, I'd like to yoink Lois Lane and Jessica Jones (Jessica's powers/origin at least)

And yeah haha! I've been around but different circles!

So for my own sake to clarify; you’ll have both Lois/Jessica and Huntress?

Yeah - effectively Lois and Bella Donna are the characters but their roles will be reminiscent of Jessica Jones and Huntress (history/origin/powersets)

Yeah - effectively Lois and Bella Donna are the characters but their roles will be reminiscent of Jessica Jones and Huntress (history/origin/powersets)

Perfect; that’s sort of what I imagined Pietro would become (Spidey’s backstory with influences of Quicksilver, but mostly Spidey’s powers with a few enhancements).

Yeah! The backstories will tie it all together (I hope lol)

Depending on how be Bruce Wayne, in the established world, might snatch up Terry and make a dollar-store equivalent of Batman.

And might make a spin on the creepy ass version of Toyman. Or maybe Daredevil, depends on how things play and such.

I do have ideas for gritty Ultimate universe version of the DC Trinity. A WW who is a homunculus, a Batman who is the second or third in his family line with the title and a Superman who's older and slower who's starting to give up on humanity.

Isn't the Brand a bit powerful, like really up there on the list?

'actually tailored it to1 a young beyonder hes a physical being eventually he will be a force but currently hes limited to abilities around superman's level The Star Brand is source of his races powers grants the bearer potentially infinite power, limited in application though his current powers the traditional super-powers of flight, invulnerability, super-strength ,superspeed ,enhanced senses and energy manipulation Some magical abilities

Last edited:
Will there at least be a sort of cap? If i do Superman I'd take him out of his prime.
have him getting slower and losing strength as his body can't metabolize solar energy as quickly anymore. It's only an if since I don't want to break the roleplay with his degree of power. Not saying you can't it's all up to Pibbs.

Depending on how be Bruce Wayne, in the established world, might snatch up Terry and make a dollar-store equivalent of Batman.

And might make a spin on the creepy ass version of Toyman. Or maybe Daredevil, depends on how things play and such.

Sounds good to me. Sorry to get back to this a bit late; missed the notification.

Will there at least be a sort of cap? If i do Superman I'd take him out of his prime.
have him getting slower and losing strength as his body can't metabolize solar energy as quickly anymore. It's only an if since I don't want to break the roleplay with his degree of power. Not saying you can't it's all up to Pibbs.

Yes, there will be a cap. A character like Superman would be fine since I can base conditions to meet his weaknesses despite whatever the history is (ie. magic, kryptonite, general raw strength that surpasses his own, etc). But if anyone wants to throw out Dr. Manhattan or the Spectre then we may have an issue xD

That being said;

'actually tailored it to1 a young beyonder hes a physical being eventually he will be a force but currently hes limited to abilities around superman's level The Star Brand is source of his races powers grants the bearer potentially infinite power, limited in application though his current powers the traditional super-powers of flight, invulnerability, super-strength ,superspeed ,enhanced senses and energy manipulation Some magical abilities

I'm not super familiar with the Beyonder despite generally knowing he's virtually a God, but if you tone down his power level enough he might work. But that'll have to come through in the sheet.

Speaking of sheets; the OoC will be up sometime this week and the character sheet along with it! I'm officially CLOSING the sign-ups for now since we have more then enough people.

Also to clarify that I've got everything right, so far we have the following cast. (*'s indicate a player is still debating their final choice)

Spider-Man/Quicksilver (me)
Black Cat/Kitty Pryde (@★Zaffrei★)
Bella Bourdeux as the Huntress and Lois Lane/Jessica Jones (@Elle Joyner)
*Batman, ToyMan, or Daredevil (@The Wanderer)
*Batman, Wonder Woman, or Superman (@Cush Almighty)
Steven Swift/Warrior Angel (@Arkangel)

If you're still debating on your character, please send me a PM and we can flesh out details while I set up the OoC thread and finalize the character sheets.