Pentagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elle knitted her brows, but she was furious. She could hardly believe what the Drow had just done. She wasn't partial to being shoved around, and certainly not being locked up. She summoned a javelin with Lustre Devise, launching it at the door. The result was a loud clang as the spike bent itself out of shape, clattering to the ground without the slightest dent in its target.

Cold iron. Everything. The doors, the walls, even the floor and ceiling, all matt black as it absorbed light energy. Like hell she was getting through that, even as Level 8. Hell, it'd take a Level 9 at least a sectre to depolarise this much. For her? At least fifty, but possibly days, depending on how thick the door was. With nothing else to do, she folded her arms and began pacing around the room, occasionally eyeing the device in the middle of the room, unsure whether or not it had been blown out like everything else in the damn facility.

That certainly hadn't gone as expected. Sasson blinked wide eyed down at the gun pressed into his stomach, going perfectly still. The red head had been banking on the two of them being incapacitated by the removal of soul strings, like their comrades. Which would have given him plenty of time to scurry to safety. But it was becoming quite obvious that these two were fine. And here he was, a little mundane, who'd just assaulted a Witch Hunter. "Yeah, that backfired a bit." He mumbled, keeping his hold on the hunter's wrist, thinking hard on his next move. There was no way he would be able to move before the hunter pulled the trigger and blasted him with electrons. Maybe not entirely lethal, but he would not be coming out of it unscathed. It was almost just as likely that he wouldn't be able to get the weapons out of her hands.

Well, maybe his touch went through metal. Maybe he'd get one lucky day. The hunter removed her weapon from his stomach, firing at the moving Sasha. His hold slipped off her wrist and grasped hold of the gun briefly, his arms longer and able to reach her recently fired weapon with ease. And then he got the hell out of the way, skittering back and hopefully out of reach. Though he wasn't sure why Ethan, Sasha, and Damien were still acting hostile if the two Abbadon hunters weren't under anyone's control.

More shots cracked out, this time from upstairs and Cails pace became even more urgent. The squad that had passed him on the way down was not on the stairwell, nor was the guard they had mentioned standing near the top. The sounds of fighting beyond certainly gave him a good idea of where too look for them though. He approached the end of the stairwell with caution, not certain what he would face when he reached the top. As he looked around the corner the sight that greeted him was... surprising to say the least. The squad from earlier seemed to have gotten in a fight with another batch of witch hunters. So far things seemed to be going without any serious injury, but that looked like it was about to change.

The drow sighed and walked around the corner, one hand outstretched towards the floor between the combatants. An amethyst circle of light formed and a static charge began to form... He scaled back the power as well as he could, but the blast from Hephaestus's bolt still shook the floor and knocked several people to the ground. As the surprised faces turned towards him Cail stared each person down in turn and growled out," Stop this foolishness before someone gets seriously injured." Not that he could talk considering the spell he had just thrown, but still.

The instant Sasson touched the weapon, it stopped shooting with a loud bzzzt. The Hunter looked at it, then him, and then threw her knee up at his abdomen with lightning speed and enough force, if he didn't move fast enough to evade it, to throw any Level 4 across the room, let alone a mundane.

Ethan kept his weapon trained on the male Hunter, noting a look of almost... confusion on the mundane's face, as if he couldn't comprehend the fight around him.
Hello? he thought, as if trying to transmit it or something. They're trying to kill you!
It was then that Cail's spell erupted, silencing the room and throwing the Hunters to the floor. They stared up at the mage, almost universally shocked (with the obvious exclusion of Damien).

"...You're trying to dissipate the situation," Damien voiced his realisation to the male Abbadon Hunter, noting how they seemed unaffected by the "anti-mage"'s touch, and by extension, Soul Strings.
"Congratulations. In this situation, every Witch Hunter in the building is under arrest," the man declared. Damien raised an eyebrow, and he continued. "We can't tell simply by looking who's affected by Soul Strings and who isn't. We're locking you all up and sorting it out in cells."
Damien seemed to consider this for a moment. "That seems sensible." He shrugged and Ethan tried to stutter something, before sheathing his sword, sighing in exasperation.

>compass connected.
>Forge17 connected.
>compass changed subject (null||problem)

compass>where's everyone else??

Forge17>Hell if I know
Forge17>Keep your messages brief
Forge17>and to the point
Forge17>Whats all this about?

compass>something's going on
compass>downstairs. we had an intruder
compass>it was 20 mins ago or something and now there's WHs

Forge17>WHS
Forge17>You mean witch hunters
Forge17>Are they all staying d/stairs
Forge17>to you

compass>there's a patrol i think
compass>they are coming up

>GrimOire connected

GrimOire>WASSAP PEOPLE
GrimOire>WHAT DID I MISS??
GrimOire>WH'S? SOUNDS SERIOUS

Forge17>Grimoire, caps lock is on

GrimOire>ON TAB, CANT FIX
GrimOire>WHAT HAVE YOU GOT ON INTRUDER

compass>nothing much
compass>level eight, i think

Forge17>Lv 8??
Forge17>Srsly, WTF have you gotten yourself into
Forge17>DYK what theyre after

compass>no

GrimOire>WELL CRAP

>LJ connected

GrimOire>DONT LET THE WH FIND IT FIRST
GrimOire>WHATEVER IT IS

LJ>Heres a better idea
LJ>Dont let anyone find it

>_BISHOP connected

_BISHOP> LJ is right,
_BISHOP> if it is valuable enough
_BISHOP> for someone to break in for
_BISHOP> then it is best if nobody
_BISHOP> finds out we have it.

GrimOire>BISHOP YOU TAKE TOO LONG TO TYPE
GrimOire>THIS IS SRSLY IMPRTANT

compass>i 2nd
compass>shorten things
compass>also where the f* is L???

>Divine connected

Divine>Right here.
Divine>Compass, keep quiet. If the Hunters find you it's over.
Divine>LJ, make a distraction.

LJ>Like what einstein?

Divine>I don't know.
Divine>Blow something up.
Divine>Anything to thin the Hunters really.
Divine>c, anything apart from that mage?

compass>hang on

Forge17>This is going so well

Divine>Can it.
Divine>Keep unnecessary chatter off the line.

compass>some chatter about the mage being apprehended, some abbadon squad and anti magic
compass>dont really get the last one but abbadon is a wh squad
compass>only 2 are here though
compass>apparently

Divine>I know Abbadon.
Divine>Not anti-magic though.
Divine>Who are the rest of the W/ Hunters?

compass>im on cassiel line

Divine>In that case just keep it down.
Divine>Abbadon will clear up the mess, just don't let them find out
Divine>about the mage.

GrimOire>ACTUALLY IT LOOKS LIKE THAT WONT BE AN ISSUE
GrimOire>MAGE WAS CAPTURED BY ONE OF THE GUARDS
GrimOire>ACCORDING TO MAIN LINE ABBADON'S THERE 4 CASSIEL

LJ>Seems legit
LJ>Maybe soul strings
LJ>has something t/d/w/ it

_BISHOP> Either way,
_BISHOP> watch out for "anti-magic".
_BISHOP> It'll interfere
_BISHOP> with any defences
_BISHOP> in that room of yours.

Forge17>Im formulating a plan
Forge17>to track it
Forge17>Antimagic could be dangerous
Forge17>Ill get back 2 u

Divine>I'd be more worried about whoever apprehended the LV8.
Divine>If it is Soul Strings there could well be a LV9 in the building.

LJ>Well shit
GrimOire>WELL F***

Forge17>Good point lol

_BISHOP> Did you actually
_BISHOP> just respond to the theory
_BISHOP> that Compass is locked in
_BISHOP> with a Level 9
_BISHOP> with "LOL"?
_BISHOP> This is not
_BISHOP> funny, Forge.

Divine>Oh, crap.
Divine>AS is waking up, gotta go to D8 and kick somebody's ass.
Divine>Just leave this to take its course, it'll sort itself out.

>Divine disconnected[/hr]

Sasson had already been moving out of the way by the time the hunter tried to knee him, or else he would have flown across the room. More than likely would have broken something. As it was, the slight brush of her joint against his retreating form was enough to send him back a foot or two, sucking in a breath through his teeth. That had been way too fucking close. There was the brief sound of static, the red head looking over to see a magic circle cast on the floor, before the bolt struck, and nearly everyone fell, the discharge of heat stealing the mundane's breath away. Someone was speaking, but his ears were still ringing too loudly to make sense of it, forcing himself up to his elbows. The grow from before was there, sans the girl that had been with him, briefly wondering where she had disappeared to before deciding it wasn't important in that moment.

The sounds around him were starting to come back into focus, catching a few words between the two hunters. Well, at least they weren't fighting with each other. Heck, Ethan had even sheathed his weapons. This was good, cause he was still far too close to the two Abbadon hunters if the hostilities were going to continue. Moving slowly, Sasson rose to his feet, swaying slightly as his balance righted itself after the blast.

Sasha looked over to Sasson with a modicum of concern. It didn't hurt her, but she realised that the heat increase would be almost harmful for him. If she'd been a mundane, she was pretty sure she would have been deafened or something.

The female Abbadon Hunter glanced without a hint of mercy at Sasson for but a moment, before rising to her feet and producing a cell phone. On the other hand, she did give a nod of appreciation to Cail, before turning to those from Cassiel.
"How many of you are there?" she asked Damien, her tone harsh and firm, a southern English accent very clearly present.
"Twenty, as per standard," he immediately replied.
"We're going to need a bigger transport," noted the male Hunter, the short girl simply nodding in response.
"Already on it," she answered, calling someone up before holding the phone to her ear. "Abbadon-Alpha. We're going to need to bring in Eta, Iota's Sparrow isn't enough. Get her to fly in a Petrel or something."

"The rest of us should come quietly if they're against you," Damien assured the male Hunter.
"Good to know. I'd hate for things to go bad for them. Other Witch Hunters will just lose a few limbs against the angriest girl in England over ther--"

"Say that again!" the female Hunter shouted, loud enough to mute the noise of the room as Cassiel simply stared in awe of the huge voice on a tiny girl. But it wasn't her partner she was shouting at. She was screaming at whoever it was she was talking to in a tone that would turn blood to ice, then boil it, and turn anyone's insides into black pudding. "She what?! Right, give the phone to Eris. No, give me fucking Eris. No, no, no, no, shut up! I don't give a shit, you don't get fucking sarcastic at me! You pull the phone away from your fucking ear and you put Eris on the line right fucking now or I will shove your detached cock in a fucking fish-tank and I will put the fucking kettle on!"

"Blaze Thompson," the male Hunter introduced his partner, "the world's most terrifying midget."

I'm back! Really missed this character.
Sorry for the small post, it's been a busy day. I'll compensate tomorrow.

The tram was almost there, just a little while longer. Balaena could feel her heart rate increase, there was that good old rush tat follows all the night jobs. Without it she wouldn't even feel alive. She adjusted the mask and made sure it was on properly. The tram started slowing down. The station was right there. She stepped out and walked towards the edge of it, slowly. Once the tram left a man came out of the shadows in front of her, just like she expected.

"You must be the runner." He said in a gruff familiar voice. He also seemed to be having trouble regulating his breath and standing up.
"Most certainly. Let's discuss the delivery." Balaena said in an altered tone of voice.
"There is nothing to discuss, the package is here," the man raised a small long box. It was roughly 25 centimeters (10 inches) long and 5 centimeters (2 inches) wide, "And here's the address where you are to drop it off." Then the man handed her a thick envelope with an address listed and a stack of cash inside. "The cash is for you of course."
"Judging by the amount in this envelope, and your wound this is not a simple run. So tell me how dangerous is it really?"
"Extremely, but the pay is good, that there is just a quarter of the payment."
Balaena took a glimpse of the address, it was one of her neighbors. Next door to be precise.
"Alright then, I'll take the job" She said taking the package.

This turned out most interesting, her next door neighbor seems to have some ties in the underworld. She placed the package in the backpack and waited for a tram that leads back to her district.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a few seconds after Blaze had finished her verbal assault on whoever was on the other end of the phone that she set off again. "Eris. Where the fuck is our nutjob pilot? ... What do you mean you don't know? I am dealing with what is quite probably a Code fucking S7 here, and you're telling me fucking Eta has gone AWOL? ... Well, what the fuck is it if not AWOL? If she's gone, she's AWOL, now where the fuck is her fucking phone? ... Right, well, track it, now, before I have to arrange a fucking funeral for your whole office. Jett!" she spat, turning to her partner.
"Uh, yes!" the male Hunter suddenly stuttered, caught off-guard.
"Go around, round these fuckers up," she demanded, gesturing to those of Cassiel who were in the room. "Somebody get that mundie outside."
"We need witnesses here--" Jett began to protest, but his partner trampled over his attempt.
"I don't give a flying fuck about witnesses, we've got twenty. Just get Redhead McNo-Soul out of here. You! Black-Up!" she shouted, pointing at Cail. Sasha stepped forward.
"With due respect, ma'am, that is extremely racist!" she exclaimed.
"And with due respect to you, foetus girl, I hadn't finished," the Abbadon leader snapped. "Black-Up! You stand the fuck there and don't say a fucking word. I'll need to ask you some of the regular shite in a minute once I've finished with these clueless cunts over the phone. ... Oh, you're back, are you? What did you find? ... In your fucking-- Oh my god. Get Aura on the line now. ... What the fuck do you mean, they're asleep? Wake the little bitches up, what are you a fucking pushover? ... I don't give a shit! Do the fucking job I'm telling you to do! ... Because it's half one in the fucking morning, Seven-Eleven, so shut the fuck up and do! As you! Are told! Jett! You're still here!"
"Yes," he nodded, "I am."
"I've given you two different ways to fuck off and you're still here."
"Yes, I am still here because I don't believe you aren't going to kill someone while I'm gone. Calm down, stop venting your PMS," he told her, and she turned away, flushing.
"Shut it, dick-mouth." But she didn't say anything else.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Watchful and careful Balaena slowly stepped near the centre of the cart. She had a good view from there and was able to run in multiple direction should the need arise. In the meantime she contemplated how could the nice man next door be tied in with the underground. He always seemed like an honest citizen, a 25 year old with a doctorate in magitech and a brilliant scientist from what she read. Maybe he got greedy, decided some of the experiments might be more useful to him. Hired a crew to get it to him discretely...

There was a 'thud' from the back of the cart and then another from the front. Balaena stepped to the side, someone boarded the tram. There was a sizzling sound and a second later two masked persons busted in through the roof of the tram. One on each side, they had Balaena trapped in the middle of a speeding tram. Her heart rate increased and she felt her palm get sweaty as the two assailants approached her. She took a big step back and hit the door with her back. Cornered! Now what? She thought and felt for the 'knob' to open the door. There was none, it was completely automated lock. She had to think fast, the delivery was more important than her well being, and chances are these people would kill her anyway.

She grabbed the handle bar above her and bounced of the closed door with her legs. She leg of of the handlebar and started casting her spell. Beneath her feet pressurized water bursted pushing her through the air towards the opposing window. She covered her head with her arms as she bursted through the now shattered widow on the left side of the tram. The two attackers did not expect that, she zoomed past them way to quickly for them to react properly and they didn't seem so keen to jump out like she did.

In the air she was still flying in the similar direction and speed as the tram, so she did a little twist and a spin before firing of her Water Spout again to try and slow herself down. It was a long drop from the above ground tram tracks. She gave it as much as possible to try and slow down but she hit the brick wall and passed out just before falling into a dumpster full of paper and cardboard recyclables.

We probably aren't going to come back to these tram-frying guys unless anyone wants to take them. There's just a lot to foreshadow near the beginning.
It was but a few moments after Balaena made her escape that it was apparent how fortunate it was that she had, because a new figure seemed to appear at the side of the car. A regular beating sound echoed off the floor and resounded loudly around the carriage.

Clank. Clank. Clank. Clank. Clank.

A scrawny young man, looking to be in his late teens with a pair of glasses perched on the bridge of his nose made his way over the masked assailants with the aid of a crutch, gazing intently at them with green eyes that were filled not with curiosity, but what could almost be called malice. And then he spoke, a poisonous tone that threatened to corrode his throat.

"What are you doing on my tram?"

The tram in question then ground to a complete stop from a high speed, but the resulting tremor did nothing to faze him. But obviously, nobody saw his reaction to all of the lights very suddenly going out.

Reactions: Bure
Cail chuckled at the good natured banter going on between the small Witch Hunter woman and her partner, and even her extreme anger being vented at her fellows over the phone... but it quickly died when she turned on him. Black-up? That was probably one of the least imaginative names he had been called in years, but he could still not let that slip by without a bit of a return. He did as he was told, or at least he did move to the side, and watched the little whirlwind continue her rant. When her partner finally calmed her down, or at least embarrassed her into momentary silence, Cail spoke up," Excuse me, little spitfire, but you might like to know that the original intruder has been captured."

With a wave of his hand he gestured towards the stairwell leading down," I left her locked up downstairs. Might be a good idea to gather her up before she finds a way out or any accomplices manage to make their way over and let her free."

Reactions: Bure
Jett laughed at Cail's comment. "Ha! 'Achtung! Blaze!'"
"Fuck off, Beta," she frowned. "And you. Don't you ever call me little. I'll hang you from the ceiling by your fucking knees with little fucking fishing hooks and feed you to rabid pigeons like some kind of fucking blueberry pie."
Sasha pondered whether or not the undersized potty-mouth could much more racist.
"In the meantime," she continued, "fuckity people I don't know their names can go down and get the intruder. Put her in a plane or on a fucking bus or something. I don't care as long as she gets to someone's branch so I can pull her hair in the morning. What're her characteristics? Level, type, elements, spells, that sort of thing."
Finally, a sentence that didn't contain either an insult or a curse word.

Redhead McNo-Soul? Why, he almost felt honoured to have an insult perfectly tailored just for him. Almost. The amount of foul language spewing from the pint sized female made him thinks she likely could have come up with about twenty new insults by the the time he'd walked out. Rolling his eyes, Sasson turned away to face to exit. "The mundie doesn't need an escort out. If I'm no longer needed," He cast a glance over at the three Cassiel hunters, wondering if they had any intentions of explaining why he was here in the first place. He certainly didn't feel up to revealing anything to the bitch. "Then I am going to head home and attempt to forget tonight happened." More of a joke that, knowing that tonight was going to stick in his mind for a long time to come. Even if he didn't have the memory he did, too much had happened not to get stuck. Insulted, cranky, and thoroughly exhausted, Sasson headed for the exit.

"Hey, wait," Ethan floundered.
"No, he's not waiting," Blaze glared. "Look, lesson one. Jett, what do you do when I tell you to fuck off?"
"...Eff off?" he raised an eyebrow.
"Not quite. You don't half-ass it, you go all the way and you fuck off."
"He probably has a reason for being the only mundane in the room," Jett pointed out.
"Not his fault, he was born with it. Mundie, time for fuckity bye-bye. Fuck off."
Going slightly further than it was probably safe to, Jett ignored his partner and kept his expression as he looked at Sasson, a silent question.

Well, there was his answer. Blaze obviously didn't care, and that was her loss. Let the Witch Hunt find its own way to deal with Soul Strings, he was so done with tonight. Sasson gave a shrug of his shoulders, pushing open the exit and heading out into the street. Hm, he wondered if the trains were running in the area, what with the power having been knocked out for a couple blocks. With how dark everything seemed in the surrounding buildings, he severely doubted it. The door had barely closed before the red head popped his head back in, a sheepish grin on his lips. "Actually," He called to the hunters, hoping to catch the attention of the calmer Jett, rather than Blaze. "Could I pilfer a ride from someone? I'm pretty sure the tram's down, and I live about six or so districts over from here." If not, he'd probably just hang around until things were up and running again. Unless that was going to take days. Then it would be a long, long walk home.

Blaze was ranting down the phone again, so Jett seemed to think for a moment. Iota was in the Sparrow, sure, but that was headed back to branch after they'd rounded everyone up. Eta had outright vanished, so they didn't really have another pilot. Until they'd apprehended Cassiel, they couldn't call in any other teams unless in emergencies and he had no idea how to fly whatever plane the enemy had turned up in.
"There isn't really any kind of transport to spare," he shrugged. But then something occurred to him. "What District are you going to?"

Sasson felt his face fall at the knowledge that there wasn't really any alternative transport to spare. Great. This was going to be a long wait, or an equally long walk. Sighing, the red head stood up straight, running a hand up through his hair. "I need to get all the way over to district 11." Right on the edge of the Blind Alley barricade, it was never a quiet night around where he lived. But it was safe enough, and he was sure his dad was wondering why the hell he wasn't home yet. If he was even home to notice.

The Hunter was silent for a moment, seemingly racking his brains for something. District 11, right next to District 10. Blind Alley. That place was heavily fortified, but not for the usual purpose of stopping people getting in. Rather, it was to stop them getting out.
The guard around the walls changed each week at random, to stop the "prisoners" getting a drop on the Hunters keeping them locked down. If he recalled, the two squads posted around District 11's side were...
"Azazel and Raphael," Jett muttered. "I can call you up a Sparrow if you want. Shana owes me a favor or two, even after I set her sword on fire. Shouldn't be a problem," he offered.

Pulling resources away from district 10 sounded like a very bad idea, but there wasn't really any other way, was there? Still, this felt like a gigantic waste of Witch Hunter resources, and the guilt would likely sit with him a while. "Ah, sure? If they make a big fuss, don't worry about it. But it'd be awesome if you could manage to get someone out here." More than awesome, really. It'd be more like a miracle, the one saving grace for a really terrible night. Or maybe month.

Jett gave Sasson a brief thumbs-up before producing his own phone, going through the list of names. It wasn't long before he found Shana. By his standards, at least; being in Abbadon had built him up a vast network of connections that he couldn't name half of if he tried. Faintly aware of his partner's ongoing swearing fit behind him, Jett opted to send a text message instead, the autocorrect constructing something almost grammatically perfect.

Can I get your help with something? Got somebody here who needs a ride to D11

As expected of Shana, he got a reply almost instantly.

Its all good I'll send Jack round. Where are you?
Magisenth HQ in D7. BTW, have you seen H?
H as in eta? No, not since Sunday why?
Can't find her anywhere, Malcolm says she's missing
We'll keep an eye out for her, sending Jack in a sparrow, he'll be there in 1/2*​
OK Thanks

And with that, he pocketed the phone. "Azazel are sending someone over, they'll be here in a bit," he informed Sasson.

*"1/2" in this context literally refers to the word "half", indicating half a sectre (about 7-8 mins). This is more or less equivalent to saying "he'll be there in five".

Status
Not open for further replies.