Pentagram [Sign-Ups/OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
<___< Fine.

Correction: I'VE been hogging the spotlight. For 4 1/2 pages.

Also. *smacks* Gender specifications are wrong. >:[

Last edited by a moderator:
If anybody deserves the spotlight every now and again its you ya goof. ^_^

*stabs* You don't get to throw me under the bus and then be sweet. It don't work like that! >:[

Murder is funny.
Actually, it was I, Random! I've been hogging the spotlight more than anyone! Mwhahaha!
I kind of have to since special plot scenes.
But still! I have an excuse to do a maniacal laugh! Mwahahahaha! Nothing can stop us now!

...Come to think of it, that post was a little pointless, but if this goes the way I expect, I might actually set up an OOC thread exclusively for murdering each other. We might need it. We'll see.

DON'T ASK WHY WE NEED IT WE JUST DO OKAY

Name: Balaena Filifar
Race:
Drow
Magic Level:
Magic Colour: Blue
Magic Type: Spellcasting (water)
IQ: 130
Birthplace: Some hipster part of Sephyria
Appearance:
Long silver hair tied in a pony tail reaching about an inch bellow the shoulders. She has deep blue eyes, slightly slanted with thin eyebrows. Tiny ears with an Ankh shape earrings. Small nose, tender placid lips, and boyish darkened cheeks.​
She is about 169 cms tall and weights around 60 kilos, has a small non muscular build. Pretty average when it comes to general look of the body.​
Her hands were really smooth and she wore gloves for the most of it but still managed to take time to properly take care of her nails or get a manicure. They were mostly painted black, and on special occasions she makes sure to paint them silver.​
Small feet and mostly wears sneakers or some other running shoes that help move quickly and accurately with lot of friction.​

Goal in Life: Become one of the Level 9s, Deny death.
Fears: Fear of loosing power and becoming a mundane, Claustrophobia, Thanatophobia
General Personality: Calm, relaxed and tad inpatient, unless in closed spaces where she get's more anxious to get out or finish the job quicker.
Inner Personality: Adrenaline seeking lunatic looking for dangerous things todo.
Secret: Obsessed with Level 9s. Wants to become powerful enough in order to take them all down.

History:
Witnessing the destructing that followed the war, Balaena could not even imagine the suffering that people went through during their battles. She realised the whole world was struggling to survive and in that realisation an idea formed. She must surpass the power of death. She alone must advance further than anyone did so far. "It is time for a new God." Is something she once said to herself. Maybe that is just what is needed to surpass the grip of death. She found herself in the Trigon learning about spellcasting and taking a job as a Freelance Currier to pass the time and earn some money and information at the same time.

Spells:
Water Spout (water) - Releases highly pressurized water from the feet and launches the caster into the air or allows for correction of course while in air.​
Prison Sphere (water) - Creates an orb of water around the target trapping them inside dense water that hinders movement. The sphere can be manipulated to move around the object inside it but prolonged use requires higher and higher willpower to properly maintain it's strength.​

You guys better be still accepting newbies cuz I spent last half hour doing this thing. (I get distracted easily.)

@Bure
Most definitely still accepting! The only thing I'd say about your CS is to expand on the personality sections a little bit more. For example, does she have any particular tendencies, or how does she treat others, or things like that.
Flesh it out a little bit more and you're accepted.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
@Bure
Most definitely still accepting! The only thing I'd say about your CS is to expand on the personality sections a little bit more. For example, does she have any particular tendencies, or how does she treat others, or things like that.
Flesh it out a little bit more and you're accepted.
Hmm. Kinda figured that is to be shown though RP-ing itself, but sure no problem. You know how it is each RP does things differently and I spent too much time reading about Level 9s to think about my character's mental state XD. Anywho I am hoping you can as a GM throw something in from time to time that will utterly fuck up my character's life or send her spiraling out of her zone. That I would love to see you know. Her dealing with shit she is clearly not prepared for.

Name: Balaena Filifar
Race:
Drow
Magic Level:
Magic Colour: Blue
Magic Type: Spellcasting (water)
IQ: 130
Birthplace: Some hipster part of Sephyria
Appearance:
Long silver hair tied in a pony tail reaching about an inch bellow the shoulders. She has deep blue eyes, slightly slanted with thin eyebrows. Tiny ears with an Ankh shape earrings. Small nose, tender placid lips, and boyish darkened cheeks.
She is about 169 cms tall and weights around 60 kilos, has a small non muscular build. Pretty average when it comes to general look of the body.
Her hands were really smooth and she wore gloves for the most of it but still managed to take time to properly take care of her nails or get a manicure. They were mostly painted black, and on special occasions she makes sure to paint them silver.
Small feet and mostly wears sneakers or some other running shoes that help move quickly and accurately with lot of friction.

Goal in Life: Become one of the Level 9s, Deny death.
Fears: Fear of loosing power and becoming a mundane, Claustrophobia, Thanatophobia

General Personality: Calm, relaxed and tad inpatient, unless in closed spaces where she get's more anxious to get out or finish the job quicker.
Acts nice to people who approach her and tries to lend a hand to those in need provided she has the time to do it. A bit sociopathic when it comes to making real friends, her excuse always being "They couldn't handle me as a friend.". Sometimes flirty, mostly when she sees that it could help her get into places or out of trouble. Incredibly curious and does little to hide that fact. Has very relaxed demeanor despite her almost constant Thanatophobia.

Inner Personality: Adrenaline seeking lunatic looking for dangerous things to do. Tries to do anything she can to obtain power. Has very low morals and thinks she is ready to do anything necessary to obtain it. She has a special place in her heart for kitties for no apparent reason. She gets really panicky in elevators leading underground but tries to contain it as much as possible. She despises people abusing power and has vowed to herself that she will never do such things. Does not hold back and cares little if she hurts her assailants but only fights if cornered.

Secret: Obsessed with Level 9s. Wants to become powerful enough in order to take them all down. Seeks to become a God or God-like in order to surpass death.

History:
Witnessing the destructing that followed the war, Balaena could not even imagine the suffering that people went through during their battles. She realised the whole world was struggling to survive and in that realisation an idea formed. She must surpass the power of death. She alone must advance further than anyone did so far. "It is time for a new God." Is something she once said to herself. Maybe that is just what is needed to surpass the grip of death. She found herself in the Trigon learning about spellcasting and taking a job as a Freelance Currier to pass the time and earn some money and information at the same time.

Spells:
Water Spout (water) - Releases highly pressurized water from the feet and launches the caster into the air or allows for correction of course while in air.

Prison Sphere (water) - Creates an orb of water around the target trapping them inside dense water that hinders movement. The sphere can be manipulated to move around the object inside it but prolonged use requires higher and higher willpower to properly maintain it's strength.

Idk if this is enough but it is kinda late now here so just say the word and I'll add more tomorrow. Also was not sure if I had to repost the whole thing so I just did as that seemed the thing most RPs I've been in have requested. :3 Cheers.

Usually, I'd agree with you about the personality thing, but in PbP games I've found that the less someone defines personality, the more of their own comes to fill the gaps. The point is roleplaying, so it kinda defeats the point when that happens.

And trust me, when she's this obsessed with Level 9s, there will be a lot of shit to deal with. *evil mastermind face*

And on that note... *drum roll* Accepted, as promised! Looking forward to seeing Balaena in action.

Reactions: Bure
Excellent, I never understood when people are so attached to their characters to the point of freaking out when they run into a tiny wee bit of trouble. I really enjoy conflict and drama. Seeing as this seems a perfect setting with just that and little bit of more figured I should join. I just hope B. doesn't seem like a generic power hungry 1D character, but if she is I need to know to remember what NOT to do. :D
Allright time to hit the hay. Don't expect anything from me for about 8 hours.

Well, I get attached because I normally write somewhere between 5-18 paragraphs of history/backstory/personality for a character so when they are killed off early its a bit of a bummer lol...

At least until I realize that that means I get to make a whole new character and repeat the process~

Aye making new characters is awesome. Killing them is even more so >:3

Oh look I've got a message from Diana. It's for you, Bure.

tumblr_na3x8tJZRY1rwqt2go2_500.gif

...Yes, okay, fine, I do it too.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
You should have seen my RP, it was a team based type and I wanted to emphasize is so much I ended up telling people they WILL die. Then I ended up telling them elaborate scenarios where their characters could die. We all had a few good laughs, problem is a bear that didn't even attack them but is just in the way has made a lot of mess. All because of that 'fear'.

The problem with having Loads And Loads Of Characters: characters start impaling other characters with even more characters. I've actually played through one of those.

Of course, Six just impales all of the people, no questions asked.

Aye figured I could use the tram fryers as regular 'muscle' filler type of characters. If it's an issue please do say.

…So it just occurred to me to ask this, but why are all the Witch Hunters so dang young? I mean, obviously they can take care of themselves pretty well, but… I don't know. Wouldn't somebody find it a bit skeevy that the law enforcement, and former military arm of the Earth, are children?

Ah! I'm finally back! My laptop is completely and apparently irreversibly screwed. And I lost my phone. I'd have said something sooner, but... well... yeah.

To answer the question, it's all a bit of a history lesson, so hang tight here.

So, in 2016, two years from now, Earth had first contact. There weren't really all eloquent speeches or welcomes.

Rather, a pair of Level 8 Sephyrians just so happened to be fighting when the energy fluxes produced by their duel triggered the two of them slipping through the Rupture; a 1-in-45,743,384,614,129,746,552,455,224,423,556,595,639,265,267,945,461,823,451,972,612,092,761,254,651,279,501 event occurring completely by accident. There was just two problems.
a) They didn't care enough to stop battling.
b) They turned up... right in the middle of Queens. Yes, that Queens. In New York.
They blew stuff up for a total of 14 seconds and then vanished back through the Rupture again, completely levelling all but the furthest parts of the borough in the process, since it obviously wasn't warded against lightning-throwing apocalypses in humanoid form.

This later became known as the Goliath Incident, since this was when Earth realised that they were completely out of their depth. Fortunately, amongst the wreckage, there were crystals that just happened to have been thrown around conjured by the mages. It was a massive, inexplicably powerful energy source, and had uses that just downright made no sense. After much argument amongst the United Nations as to what to do with it, and what to do in case this happened again, a third-party individual calling themselves "Cardinal" proposed to the world something they called the Witch Hunt Initiative in 2018. After a lot of debate and logistics, it finally went ahead in 2023, as a panglobal but altogether independent security force, being reserved for situations that warranted force as extreme as theirs.

The exact details of the Witch Hunt were kept quiet to almost everyone. All the UN knew was that it used modified human soldiers that were ludicrously competent. All the public were told was "There is an organisation, it doesn't belong to us, but it will do a thing if aliens happen again, and we don't know what the thing is either".

Obviously, the Witch Hunters had to be trained. So commended military veterans were employed to seek out and teach children with a lot of potential from the age of 14, and they would be augmented, giving them time to develop and come to terms with their new capabilities. All was going well.

And then Sephyria and Apex turned up in 2024 and open war was upon all three worlds. Earth didn't like it, but while they oldest Witch Hunters were 15 at this point, the arcanes were here now, and like it or not, the Witch Hunters were the only ones that had the ability to even hold their own against them. Thus Earth was relying on child super-soldiers to defend them, which went down wonderfully.

...Okay, again. Why children? Even in times of crisis, the lowest most countries will go is 18. Why not find potential filled young adults and work on training them? Or, take already trained in some form adults and enhance them?

Also, sorry to hear about your laptop D: And your phone. No worries about not being able to get a message out. I'm sure everyone (all... three of us) understands.

That's pretty much the opinion of everyone on Earth at the time of the war.

But in reality, they had no time to train new soldiers. They did try unaugmented adults, they sent even launched nuclear weapons at the battlefields before the Hunters were brought in, but mages being mages, they just shrugged off everything and then annihilated their opponents.

They even tried to augment adults, but the serum's effects are gradual, and they either hadn't developed their abilities or weren't fully proficient with them by the time they were used.

For contrast: one Apexite attack, with no Witch Hunters, flattened the entirety of Rio de Janeiro in two hours. With a dozen mages against three brigades (over 16k men in total, not to mention the heavy weaponry).
One threeway battle between the worlds had 2k Dancers VS 60 Spellcasters and 20 familiars VS all 300 Witch Hunters. The WHs held them all off, and New York was held by Earth for 19 days.

It wasn't that they gave in and sent in the child soldiers on the off-chance they might be able to harm them. It was that they basically didn't have any other soldiers left.

So with that much destruction was going on, they really had no time to even begin to train older Hunters; Earth had to settle with what they had.

And thanks for understanding. I probably won't be able to post as often as I'd like, but this is a thing, so... yeah.

Alright, let's rephrase this. Why start the serum experiments with children and not pre-trained soldiers, or even willing recruits (18+)? They'd have just as much time as the 14 year olds to get a handle on their new abilities, and would have combat training (depending on what group was chosen). It just seems like a more logical choice than "kids with potential".

Status
Not open for further replies.