Pentagram [Sign-Ups/OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look forward to reading over it. As for the plot, Ruin's standing is... well... I won't give a way too much, but...
Ruin's influence is a subtle but driving force for the first third of the plot. He doesn't play an active role, being locked up and brain-dead and stuff, but without him, the first section and arguably the second could not occur.

The battle between the Level 9s is also a plot force, as well as the role of mundanes in an arcane society. It's a multi-antagonist story too, so that should be interesting.

Not giving away to much, as I say, but yes. For the first part of the RP, before we get into the plot itself, it's player-driven, so take that time to establish your character's relations with the others. And try not to kill each other yet.

As for making locations, yes, please do! I was a little short on ideas at the time, but this is player-driven, so feel free to come up with places outside Trigon. At least, nowhere in Trigon before we start. The logistics would be terrifying.

@Random

Ahh, great! I only ask such a thing because I have a tendency of pulling a plot in the wrong direction. Also, I finished Eoula's sheet :)

Just updated Saranda's CS, history and spells will need to be looked over, naturally. I've no idea what the minimum or maximum amounts of gigajoules for each of the Magic Levels (Saranda's being updated to a 6), so feel free to tell me to change them. Also, I feel range is a bit of a problem.
I've also found myself to completely change the spells she had. I apologise if this is any inconvenience.

Aha! Bio is done at last. Check it out when you get the chance ^_^

Aaaaand, I'm back! Ta-da!

@Sapphiric What wrong direction? Do as you please, this plot's vague enough to be more or less impossible to break. Go nuts. It doesn't even matter if you act as a protagonist or antagonist to the other players. Also, did I mention you're accepted?

@Cerillia Caledfwich It's not a problem, and accepted!

@Ferril Ruin's not dead, just brain-dead. He's technically alive, but it was the only way they could stop him from outsmarting the architects and breaking out of his "tailored prison". Apart from that, accepted!

@Random
Oh wow, I didn't expect mine to fare so badly.
I thank you for willing to discard the personality section for me, but give me a bit and I will rework the profile, or I may discard that and come up with a new character concept because this one did not fit the equilibrium.

@Sapphiric About that... I'm going to be slightly busy next week, so I'm not going to be able to start the IC for a while. Alas, do not fret, I'll make sure you all know once it's alive.

@Ethereal Thanks for understanding. I was panicking slightly because I didn't know how badly that had come off. You still have a reserved place though, we won't start without you :)

@Random
I have ran role-plays before, so I understand what you were doing. I didn't think you were intentionally trying to be rude, so I didn't mind.
I thank you for the reserved place, but I do not mind if you start without me. I should be able to make the profile quickly but I have to walk home and do a few things before I can come back to campus and start working on it again, and I don't want to hold anyone up and I can jump into the role-play after reading.

@Ethereal Fret not, you've got just over a week before it's even possible to for anyone to start *ahem*damned French internet*ahem*, not to mention there's still two more players dropping in. You've got plenty of time to make whatever edits you like.

I figured that it wasn't common knowledge that Ruin was still alive. Usually with these things they tell the public that the guy is dead so they can make them feel better lol. Its not an important part of the bio though so I'll fix it real quick~

Nah brah, he's lobotomised. If they said "He's dead" everyone would be all like "We don't believe you" because it's Ruin.

... Good point lol

Name: Sasson Elsu
Race: Human - Sephyrian
Magic Level: Lvl 0 - Mundane

Magic Colour: None

Magic Type:
None

IQ: 126

Birthplace: Rumia, a small fishing village on the very edge of the Western Ocean in Sephyria.

Occupation: Sasson has managed to wiggle his way into being a teacher's aid within the Ivory Study, running messages, helping with grading papers on magical theory, and generally pampering the Professor's ego.

Appearance: Many people mistake Sasson for someone much younger than his true age, a rounder face and general youthful appearance making him seem more mid teens than twenties. Much about his appearance is simple, casual, mostly out of necessity, as he isn't the most wealthy of individuals. His clothing consists of mainly monotone colours in simple cuts. One might say he dresses more like an Earthling, rather than someone from Sephyria. Sasson's auburn hair falls in jagged layers, feathered and softly framing his face. His pale skin stands contrast to his viridian eyes, always bright with curious intensity, a wide smile on thin lips.

Goal in Life: Survive in Trigon long enough to earn enough to move to Earth with all the Mundanes.

Fears: Pissing off the students and teachers of his workplace. Being robbed. Again.

General Personality:
Sasson fronts quite a pleasant demeanour, all smiles and sunny days. Some find him quite refreshing, while others still can't stand his cheeriness. But none could say the man is overtly offensive. In fact, Sasson takes great care in pleasing and befriending as many people as possible. It is very difficult to put the man in a bad mood.

Inner Personality: Truthfully, behind all the smiles, Sasson is a lonely, angry young man. He's felt like an outcast for much of his life, and has been isolated for nearly as long. He doesn't trust easy, but those that do manage to breech his defences will find no one more loyal and willing, useless as he might be.

Secret: He never forgets. If he claims he doesn't remember, he's lying.

History: Sasson's earliest memory is one of salt spray and creaking wood, nestled in the belly of a large ship. A kind face, weathered with deep lines, smiling down at him, and the name father stirring in the back of his mind. He learned later, second hand from his father, they had moved to the small village of Rumia after the sudden death of his mother. Though his early memories were already gone, Sasson wasn't able to glean much information from his father about the past, the memories he no longer had obviously causing the older man pain. Time seemed to pass slowly in the small village, days spent causing mischief with the few children in the area, and nearly always being caught. His father was stern with him, but it always seemed to have an almost proud twist.

However, as the children began to grow older, their tricks began to involve magic, growing more and more skilled with their spell casting. All except Sasson, who was growing very aware of how inept he was with anything arcane, despite his father having a good grasp on Hydromancy. Those who he once called friends began to torment him, and his name was replaced with the derogatory Mundy. Sasson lashed out once. Just once, throwing a punch at the arcane bully. It did little more than crack his wrist and piss off the other. The only reason Sasson didn't end a red smear was his father, shielding him from the spell, but their reputation in the town had been irreversibly destroyed. Knowing that it was not safe for the boy, his father told him of a place without magic, where he might be more accepted. A world called Earth.

To get to this wonderful place, Sasson and his father had to pass through Trigon. It was in this transition between worlds that the worst of situations happened upon Them. They were robbed of their belongings and any funds that they had accumulated. Effectively, they were stranded in what was a city populated almost entirely of high level Arcanes. With little choice, they went to the Witch Hunters, were given meagre accommodations, and told to pull their lives together. As a fairly successful Hydromancer, his father found work easily, but with meagre funds, it was clear Sasson would need to begin working as well. It was by pure luck that he met Professor Alea, after weeks of searching, with no luck. The man watched as the young man flipped through a book, barely looking at the pages. Being an observant man, he ran a quick test, finding Sasson to have a remarkable memory. He made an offer to the young man, a position as his aide within the Ivory Study. Believing he'd never have another opportunity quite as generous, Sasson leapt at the chance to begin working.

He has been working beside the professor ever since, him and his father just scraping by.

Spells: None

Last edited by a moderator:
Verrry interesteddd. Not sure if I'll join, but I'm intrigued.

@Kylulu Looks like Sasson's the first mundane! That should make things interesting. Try not to die within the first three pages.

The only thing I'll ask is this: how old was Sasson when he tried to punch that one mage? Because if he was less than 23, given his current age, his father wouldn't even know about Earth, and if he was less than 25, Trigon wasn't finished at that point. But the bio seems to imply he was still young.

@Rainjay Good to hear! I'm happy to reserve you a spot if you decide to join in. The more the merrier, after all!

I've got school and stuff, so I'm a little eeehhhhhh about joining *another* roleplay, but.. I'm an absolute magic fanatic. Every roleplay I'm in, if there's a magical character, I just neeeed to be playing it. And so having such well written out magic mechanics and such freedom in character creation... I'm having trouble resisting X_X

So you'll probably see me plop down a CS within the day hour. I'm not entirely sure how active I can be/how long I can stay (hopefully, forever), but I'd still love to atleast temporarily be a part of this magic.

@Kylulu Acknowledged!

@Rainjay Haha, I'm flattered! We won't be starting for at least a week and there's a lot of plot, which is due to take a long time, so don't rush. It's for enjoyment, after all, so if you want to join, do so when it suits you.

Status
Not open for further replies.