2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Romance, Action, Fantasy, Modern, Magical, Anime, Dystopian, Modern Fantasy
[fieldbox=Synopsis, #ffd6c3, solid]
When the principal of Avalon High decided to reveal the identities of those whom the students have been corresponding with for the past six months, things immediately go out of hand.
The sole purpose of instigating the 'Penpal Project' had been purely out of desperation to bring one school together in peace and prosperity. Principal Jackson promised confidentiality and a safe, welcoming environment to help encourage students to open up and talk to one another - anonymously of course. And for the first few months all was well and dandy. The students seemed to get along well more and tension quickly dissolved. But then one moment changed everything.
When Principal Jackson announced the names and identities of each assigned penpals, he didn't expect two things to happen; 1. confetti of papers with a screenshot of private conversations flying from above and 2. a malicious force simply known as "King" coming out to take over the entire school.

Just who is this mysterious entity?

And what is he really after?
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Then, #cc4f4b, solid]
Six months ago, the faculty of Avalon High decided to instigate a new project. Having observed their students for ages, it had become common knowledge that people were being left out and others were being bullied. Sides were being taken, fights were breaking out and their campus was no longer welcoming; having turned into a battle of the cliques.

Parents from all over the city had heard of this and were choosing to send their kids to other schools. It was then Principal Jackson decided to take action.

His plan was was perfect. He called it The Penpal Project. This project began by giving every student a number and then each student would pull another random number out of a hat. The number they pulled matched the number given to another student -- the student they would be sending their letters to. The rules of The Penpal Project were simple: once a week the students would send a letter to their penpal. One week, for example, they could send a detailed description of how their week went, what they had been up to, their secrets; anything, so long as the two were conversing.

The only other rule was that they were not to give away their identity, nor give away any information that was too personal. Students would write under alias, as to make sure no one would find out who they were.

The project went along perfectly for the first couple of months. But, as time went on many students became far too curious concerning who they were writing with and broke the rules by revealing their identities.

Because so many of the students were finding out the identities of their penpal, Principal Jackson thought of another brilliant plan. His conclusion was simple: if some students were finding out the identity of their penpal then everyone would.

So he set up an out of nowhere school assembly where students and staff had been summoned to the auditorium for his supposed 'important' announcement. The first thing they saw upon coming inside was a list of names of every student attending Avalon High, and right beside them where names of other students. What did this mean? Why were there names printed beside someone else's? What was going on, really? Was this another one of the school's stupid way to bring them all together? Confused and completely fed up with the principal's ridiculous mind games, the students broke into whispers and protests, demanding to know just what the purpose of this whole thing was. Finally, after minutes of struggling to keep boisterous students in line and once the auditorium had filled out, the principal made his appearance and told his students exactly what they had been dying to know.

Those names projected up on the screen?

Yeah. Turns out those are the names of the people they have been exchanging letters with for the past six months.

Their penpals.

The one person they've told all their twisted little secrets.

Their reactions were priceless. There were some who breathed out of long sigh of relief -- relieved that they have been assigned to someone who'd never use their words against them and was trustworthy enough. While others didn't quite seem to share the same feeling. In fact, they were shocked to find that the person they spilled out their entire life story to, talked about things that not even their closest friends knew about, did not turn out to be someone they expected.

But the worst had yet to come. . .

. . . because in a few moments time, another surprise would make its way into the lives of those attending Avalon High.

And it came in the form of articles of papers flying from above the ceiling with screenshots of conversations between students exchanging emails, talking about their day, and secrets revealed. Panic ensued almost immediately. Screams, doubts, fights unfolding between friends, and students praying desperately for none of it being real. But it was all real. All too very real. Everything was spiraling out of control. Heck, someone even passed out from the shock.

The staff and teachers did all that they could to calm the students down, turning immediately to Principal Jackson for help, but one look at him changed everything. It was a look that told them clearly he had no idea what was going on. The situation was no longer under his control.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Now, #5f4343, solid]
What now?

It took nearly the whole day to remove every piece of paper piled up in the auditorium spilling secrets after secrets, and even longer to calm the students. Although not all secrets have been exposed, ones that have were personal and humiliating while others were so life altering, it discouraged students from leaving their dorms. Principal Jackson took immediate action and demanded every camera and computer in classrooms be checked. For the next couple of days, no one was allowed to leave campus until the culprit responsible for the damage done was caught and punished. Lockers and dormitories were checked for evidence and students were expected to cooperate and tell all that they knew. But it wasn't enough. No witnesses had been called in and everyone was growing impatient, all too anxious to figure out who did it and finally put the pieces of the puzzle together. The students took matters into their own hands, losing faith and trust in the principal they once looked up to. Fingers were pointed and blames were pinned on one another. Friendships were put into test and sides were taken, once again turning the school into a battle of the cliques -- the one thing that the Penpal Project should've ended. The situation had gotten so out of control that many students felt unsafe and too scared to stay, choosing to transfer from Avalon High while they still had their heads held up high.

That was until one morning, Principal Letterman arrived at his office to find a cryptic note taped to his computer screen. The color drained from his face when he realized the note was from the culprit. The one who caused it all.
[fieldbox=The Letter, red, solid]Let's play a game.
If you are able to solve the mystery in one month, I'll call everything off and leave Manchester High alone. For good.
But if you guess wrong or run out of time. . .
I'll expose the truth and let the whole world know of your secrets! You and your precious school's reputation will be tarnished in no time.
Don't believe me?
Just wait and see.

Yours Truly,
The King[/fieldbox]

Word quickly spread like wildfire, reaching the ears of many students as they braced themselves for what was to come. What happened there at the assembly was just the beginning. He has so much more in store for them and clearly knows how to use it to his advantage. The entity known as "king" is no laughing matter. He's a force to be reckoned with and not someone to challenge, but one thing is certain; he -- just like the rest of them, is a student of Avalon High.

But who is King?

And how do you stop him before it's too late?

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Avalon High, green, solid]

Avalon High is your basic boarding school located on the East coast of the Unites States of America. Children between the ages of 14-18 may be sent there to learn for 8 months out of the year. They are allowed to return home during holidays and breaks throughout those 8 months.
Students will be sharing dorms with three roommates and dormitories are mixed by cliques.There are seven periods in the day consumed of classes unique to each student.

Once school hours have ended (8 AM-3:30 PM) the students are allowed to do whatever they please until 10 PM. At 10 PM students must return to their dormitories and must remain there until the next morning. While the students are not in school or in their dormitories they can explore campus which has its very own coffee shop and park.

Reminder of Avalon's School Rules

✖ All students must be in class by 8:00 A.M and are prohibited to leave campus until 3:30 P.M. They are permitted to do as they please after 3:30 until 10:00 P.M.
✖ It is not mandatory to have an extracurricular or be part of a club, but recommended.
✖ Students may have a choice to either stay in campus or leave home for the holidays and the three month summer break.
✖ No running, sprinting, screaming, fighting and loitering around the hallways - especially during passing period.
✖ Absolutely no PDA (this includes kissing, aggressive touching and hugging). Students caught intimated will face an hour of detention and further consequences if necessary.
✖ Be kind, helpful and considerate to all your peers. NO BULLYING.
✖ Respect your elders and those around you.[/fieldbox]

My Rules!

1. Please respect @Brea and I
2. Please respect everyone here
3. Please no perfect characters (no one is perfect)
4. Brea and I will be assigning dorm rooms as well as Pen pals
5. We will also choose who the King is, so dont ask
6. THIS IS AN INTERMEDIATE RP! TWO TO THREE PARAGRAPHS PLEASE!
7. Brea has just as much power as I. She can choose to accept or decline characters so please listen to her
8. You can reserve up to four characters
9. Have fun please!!
10. If you have finished reading the rules, put a heart at the end of your character sheet.

[fieldbox=Popular, pink, dotted]

You're one of hte most popular kids from Avalon High and have always been the center of attention. Whether you're the star of the football team or the sought after queen bee, you make everyone else blow your social ladder want to cry. This includes but is not limited to jocks, cheerleaders, preps, partiers, and other associated rich kids.

@kimsim12 - Lilith Casper
@King★Shattered★Heaventric★Charming - Victoria Morgan Love
@Gorgeous♠Chaos - Eliza Bethany Young
Female

@King★Shattered★Heaventric★Charming - Keenan Ethan James
@IceQueen - Yui Choi
@MarilynFae - Tyler James
Male
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Outcast, blue, solid]
You are the social pariah yet you don't seem to care about what everyone else thinks of you. In your eyes, the popular kids are nothing without your help whether it has something to do with passing a major exam, or trading secret information about that girl you've been "observing" lately. You're tired of being picked on by the popular kids and it's time to take action. This includes but is not limited to nerds, rebels delinquents, goths, artsies, etc.

@IceQueen - Violent Finch
@kimsim12 -Vanessa Abernathy
@DANAsaur - Cordelia Armethia Nelus De Yourne
Female

@ Stargazer -Jayson Theodore Arnold
@Yandere-Chan - Brayden Oliver Grey
@Marilyn Fae - Matthew Young
@Lady With Class - Decker Ophiuchus York
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Neutral, tan, dashed]
Honestly, you're impartial. You dont really belong to any of the other groups or you basically just jump from group to group. You're somewhat welcomed by everyone.

@Brea -Terra Eliza Salvatore
@Karakui - Hana Kuroshitsugi
@Stargazer's girl - Annabeth Stella Grace
@MarilynFae -Cassandra Jones

@Wonderful thing - Jeremy Walters
@King shattered - FC: Daniel Hivner
Male
Male[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Bad Boy/Girl, red, solid]

You're the baddest of the bad and you even put delinquents to shame. You don't really care about anything, other than keeping up the bad reputation that you have. Classes don't really matter and honestly you clash with the popular kids...a lot.

@Stargazer - Adaline KiraYin Jackson
@Wonderful Thing - Nayantara Chetty
@Yandere-Chan - August Elizabeth Hayes
@MarilynFae - Isabel Johnson

@Brea - Dylan Dixon
@kimsim12 - Damien Tate
@King Shattered - FC: Andre Hamann
Male
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Extracurricular activities, #c2b3d5, dashed]
S T U D E N T - C O U N C I L
President - @kimsim12 - Lilith Casper
Vice President - @MarilynFae - Cassandra Jones
Treasurer - @Brea- Terra Eliza Salvatore
Secretary - @Lady With Class - Decker York
Historian - @DANAsaur - Cordelia De Yourne
Member - @Karakui
Member -

C H E E R L E A D I N G
Captain- @King Shattered - Victoria Love
Co-Captain - @MarilynFae - Isabel Johnson
Member - @kimsim12 - Lilith Casper
Member - @GorgeousChaos - Eliza Young
Member -

S W I M - C L U B
Captain - @Stargazer - Annabeth Grace
Co-Captain - @kimsim12 - Damien Tate
Member - @DANAsaur - Cordelia De Yourne
Member -
Member -
Member -

B A S K E T B A L L
Captain - @King Shattered - Keenan James
Co-captain - @MarilynFae - Tyler James
Member -
Member -

V O L L E Y B A L L
Captain - @Marilyn Fae - Cassandra Jones
Co-Captain - @Stargazer - Annabeth Grace
Member -
Member -

T R A C K - A N D - F I E L D
Captain - @Stargazer - Adaline Jackson
Member -
Member -

D A N C E
Member - @Stargazer - Annabeth Jackson
Member - @IceQueen - Violent Finch
Member - @MarilynFae - Isabel Johnson

D R A M A
Member - @King Shattered's guy
Member - @IceQueen - Yui Choi
Member -

N E W S P A P E R
Editor-In-Chief - @Karakui - Hana
Newspaper reporter - @MarilynFae - Matthew Young
Photographer - @Stargazer - Jayson Arnold
Photographer - @Yandere-Chan's girl
Photographer - @MarilynFae - Isabel Johnson
Staff Writer - @Wonderful thing - Jeremy Walters
Staff Writer -

A R T - C L U B
President -
Vice President - @Yandere-Chan - Braydon Grey
Member - @kimsim12 - Vanessa Abernathy
Member- @MarilynFae - Matthew Young

A N I M E - C L U B
President -
Vice President - @Stargazer - Jayson Arnold
Member - @ Lady With Class - Decker York
Member -

S C H O O L - B A N D
Member - @Yandere-Chan - August Haynes
Member -
Member -

School Mascot -
Hall Monitor #1 -
Hall Monitor #2 -[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Character Sheet, #E7E0F5, dotted]
Appearance: (Real please!)
Name:
Nickname:
Bio:
(at least five sentences)
Clique: ( You one of the outcasts? A nerd? Or maybe you're just the typical snob of the popular crowd )
Extra Curricular: (optional)
Penpal Alias (the name you went by before you revealed yourself to your penpal or you found out who your penpal was.)
Old Penpal: (@Brea and I will pair you up)
Dorm Room (@Brea and I will choose your dorm rooms. However though, you can choose what you want your dorm room to look like.)
One secret exposed: (What secret of yours did "King" reveal on the day of the assembly? One only.)
Secret(s) concealed: (Don't tell me you only had one thing to hide from everyone. What are the rest? Remember these are the secrets no one else knows but you and your old pen-pal. Keep them safe.)
Strengths/Weaknesses:
Habits/Quirks:
Likes/Dislikes:
Affiliations (relationships):

Extra[/fieldbox]​

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Mundane Monster
IMPORTANT STUFF

*~ Dorms ~*
All dorms look like this: [spoili]
A.png [/spoili]
Students are allowed to decorate their own living quarters however they want. They are responsible for any damage done to the living space.
Females are listed on the left, males are listed on the right.
Tiger Hall

1. Lilith Casper [spoili]
Dorm-room-decorating.png
[/spoili]
2. Violet Finch [spoili]
d1a923d1b888c39344f108076290f773.jpg
[/spoili]
3. Clarissa Scott [spoili]
f76f4d47f5bc909f21494c585cb1eaf0.jpg
[/spoili]
4. August Hayes [spoili]
tumblr_na17hdS9Ez1scmb28o8_500.jpg
[/spoili]
Rhino Hall

1. Eliza Long [spoili]
95fa8f3b1de6eef58398e09cbd53d5aa.jpg
[/spoili]
2. Vanessa Abernathy [spoili]
b438c7fcdf6bc4b1a4c31a113823c5b7.jpg
[/spoili]
3. Terra Salvatore [spoili]
929d8dcc1989f74fe05f679775762e57.jpg
[/spoili]
4. Nayantara Chetty [spoili]
6uwdyv-l-610x610-home+accessory-traditional-life+tree-indian-indie+boho-tapestry-wall+tapestries-elephant+tapestry-hindu+tapestry-dorm+tapestry-ombre+tapestry-christmas+gift+cheap+tapestry-blue+tap.jpg
[/spoili]
Bear Hall

1. Victoria Love [spoili]
Paris-Deep-Pink-RS.jpg
[/spoili]
2. Cordelia De-Yourne [spoili]
20674f9e1eba0f83b74e41a1e8183a20.jpg
[/spoili]
3. Annabeth Grace [spoili]
f6b002179550b002427cf2203a68a6c0.jpg
[/spoili]
4. Isabel Johnson [spoili]
women-master-bedroom-jpg.95138
[/spoili]
Turtle Hall

1. Sena Carter [spoili]
e8bb662a66d4b64ba5c04a926c32cada.jpg
[/spoili]
2. Ann Finch [spoili]
335c2c6ee809155331738fd72fe3f8d7.jpg
[/spoili]
3. Cassandra Jones [spoili]
aqua-master-bedroom-ideas-jpg.95146
[/spoili]
4. Adaline Jackson [spoili]
tumblr_nsz988rHVq1rz4wo0o1_500.jpg
[/spoili]
Insect Hall

1. Yui Choi [spoili]
4a8d24ca0990ab9075de0108914bbf01.jpg
[/spoili]
2. Brayden Grey [spoili]
indie%2Bbedroom%2Bideas%2Btumblr%2B1.jpeg
[/spoili]
3. Jeremy Walters [spoili]
boho-dorm-room-hipster-tumblr-Favim.com-1259259.jpg
[/spoili]
4. Dylan Dixon [spoili]
7b22d5a85c54cd13a966516595c4dfa4.jpg
[/spoili]
Fish Hall

1. Tyler James [spoili]
exotic-dark-blue-sensation-of-2015-bedroom-paint-color-ideas-for-man-jpg.95140
[/spoili]
2. Decker York [spoili]
modern%20bedroom%20style%20idea__201544_idbe01a_11_PE366780.jpg
[/spoili]
3. Sunshine Jameson [spoili]
Modern-Boys-Bedroom-Ideas.jpg
[/spoili]
4. Damien Tate [spoili]
38ef25c6305c9ecd16d3d7ca6b705f49.jpg
[/spoili]
Lizard Hall

1. Keenan James [spoili]
dcfc24023c63aa4d1fa13227130e2605.jpg
[/spoili]
2. Matthew Young [spoili]
349cd8e56da5447b4888a04fb961361e-jpg.95148
[/spoili]
3. Jongdae Kim [spoili]
dorm-rooms-for-boys-home-decoration-throughout-boys-dorm-room.jpg
[/spoili]
4. Yoongi Min [spoili]
plaid_room.jpg
[/spoili]
Raccoon Hall

1. Luca Amello [spoili]
10787923_1534386913509806_307658233_n.jpg
[/spoili]
2. Jayson Arnold [spoili]
musical-dorm-room-design-idea-for-decorating.jpg
[/spoili]
3. Evan Collins [spoili]
teenage-boy-room-jpg.95429
[/spoili]
4. Barbie Hemsworth [spoili]
dorm-room-mess.jpg
[/spoili]

Last edited:
I'd like to reserve:

Bad Girl (FC:Emily Rudd)
Outcast Male (FC:Logan Lerman)
I'll probably add onto this list later on..

And I have a few questions..
Is the school called Manchester High or Avalon High? Both names have shown up when regarding the school. >.>
And is there going to be a website or something along the lines of that where the King posts secrets and such? Just somewhere we can refer back to and to give the roleplay a bit more of a realistic feel? Or maybe a Twitter or something?

I'm thinking I'll have my characters up either today or tomorrow. ^^

Last edited:
Ahaha, I love this idea. Have I seen it before, though? I think there might have been the same group system in another RP at least. Anyway, can I reserve 2 characters?

1. Neutral Female who is the Editor in Chief of the Newspaper and a member of the Student Council.
2. Popular Female who is (secretly - she wears a disguise) the president of the Anime club. This one is gonna be the one I psychologically torture :D

Oooh! I'd like to reserve a Bad Girl and a Neutral Boy, pretty pwease. :D
Reserved darling
GAH OOPS ALREADY OFF TO A BAD START AS CO-GM

****RESERVING THIS POST FOR
  • Pen Pall Pairings
  • Relationship Chart
  • Character Guide (Unless you plan to keep one in the Cast List @Stargazer , which I'm pretty sure you do)
Yes, I will also be keeping track in cast list but it doesn't hurt to have another character guide
I'd like to reserve:

Bad Girl (FC:Emily Rudd)
Outcast Male (FC:Logan Lerman)
I'll probably add onto this list later on..

And I have a few questions..
Is the school called Manchester High or Avalon High? Both names have shown up when regarding the school. >.>
And is there going to be a website or something along the lines of that where the King posts secrets and such? Just somewhere we can refer back to and to give the roleplay a bit more of a realistic feel? Or maybe a Twitter or something?

I'm thinking I'll have my characters up either today or tomorrow. ^^
they are reserved my love!! And it's supposed to be Avalon but I guess I just didn't finish changing the names.

And I will have to get back to you on the king thing when I talk it over with Brea
Ahaha, I love this idea. Have I seen it before, though? I think there might have been the same group system in another RP at least. Anyway, can I reserve 2 characters?

1. Neutral Female who is the Editor in Chief of the Newspaper and a member of the Student Council.
2. Popular Female who is (secretly - she wears a disguise) the president of the Anime club. This one is gonna be the one I psychologically torture :D

Reserved! And that sounds interesting, I look forward to seeing your characters

Reactions: Brea
-

Last edited:
Oh also the font colour of the Overview page is a little bit impossible to read if you're on the default Iwaku theme (or any with a dark background). Have you considered accepting our lord and savior No Color Button into your life?

Oh also the font colour of the Overview page is a little bit impossible to read if you're on the default Iwaku theme (or any with a dark background). Have you considered accepting our lord and savior No Color Button into your life?

I'm a little nervous about going back in and changing cause coding was being a total jerk last night and not working.

But the words within the overview should be no color. I never messed with that to begin with.

Huh, that's really strange. They're dark grey for me but no colour is supposed to be white. As for coding being a jerk, thats where the Use BB Code Editor button comes in handy :D It's in the top right of the text editor next to the Fullscreen button. The Richtext editor thinks it's so clever, closing tags for you and what not. It's really not, it's an idiot. Fortunately, the BBcode editor doesn't try to be clever, it just lets you do what you want. Write your words in the Richtext editor, apply any fonts or formats, then switch to BBcode view and clean up those pesky triplicate tags.

• Useful
I'm IN. Reserving an outcast female, a popular female, and a bad boy. :D

I can have three characters...right? Please say yes.

I'm IN. Reserving an outcast female, a popular female, and a bad boy. :D

I can have three characters...right? Please say yes.
Yes of course dear! The rules went down and I couldn't remember what I put up! You can have a limit of four characters.

Yes of course dear! The rules went down and I couldn't remember what I put up! You can have a limit of four characters.
Awesome! I'll get started right away!
I just started a boarding school roleplay myself because I can't get enough of these.

Reactions: Brea and Stargazer
Awesome! I'll get started right away!
I just started a boarding school roleplay myself because I can't get enough of these.
Well then, welcome to the rp! I hope you and everyone else will find it enjoyable. And I look forward to seeing your characters!

Oh! Regarding extracurricular activities! Could I reserve the vice president of the art club for my male and a member of the school band and a photographer for the newspaper, please?

IMPORTANT STUFF

• *To be updates as characters are accepted. Alphabetized and color coated by gender. Each character will link to CS.

• *To be updates later, once I have characters to work with. Names will be linked to character sheets.

• *I'll use this to help everyone keep track of who has a crush on who. In order for this to be effective I will need everyone to share this information with me if a love interest is agreed on through PM. If done through the OOC I will likely see it, but I'd appreciate it if I was tagged just in case.

*~ Dorms ~*
All dorms look like this: [spoili]
c6e15ad85d72d092048f107ca9436ede.jpg
[/spoili]
Students are allowed to decorate their own living quarters however they want. They are responsible for any damage done to the living space.
Females are listed on the left, males are listed on the right.
Tiger Hall
*Will be added to as more characters join.
Rhino Hall
Bear Hall
Turtle Hall
Insect Hall
Fish Hall
Lizard Hall
Raccoon Hall
@Stargazer Got the skeleton for all this stuff up, so I should be able to edit it as CS's are submitted and whatnot. I should have my characters up tomorrow, but if not then for sure on Monday ♥

Also, I know Stargazer tried to tag you earlier, but I noticed the @ sign was a different color than the username... which led me to believe there was maybe an error? I dunno, but just in case I figured I'll tag you again @King★Shattered★Heaventric★Charming . To, you know, see if you're interested in joining us.

• Love
Reactions: Justin
@Brea thanks, I would love to join this^^

Can I reserve
Popular Guy-(Captain Of The Basketball Team)Face Claim: Trevor Jackson
trevor06B.jpg

Popular Girl-(Captain Of The Cheerleading Squad)Face Claim: Kat Graham
ac670f4df3e840d30217bce1449fa6bb.jpg

Bad Boy-Face Claim: Andre Hamann
large.jpg

Neutral Boy-(Member Of The Drama Club)Face Claim: Daniel Hivner
Daniel-Hivner-Luiz-Lima-05.jpg

Should have them up later tonight or tomorrow

Why does the second one have demonic writing on her?

I don't think that is demonic writing....

Looks like demonic writing to me... Certainly ain't Latin, Egyptian, Arabic or Eastern that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.