3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Sci fi, Romance, Historical, Modern, Supernatural
PEARLS OF PERSIA

It is said that shifting sands do not a good foundation make*, and yet the seat of Eastern power has rested on the golden sands of Persia for nearly a hundred years. Peace in its basest form has managed to persist by the shah’s order. And in that peace, a restlessness has grown in any aspiring individual. Idle hours can only draw discontent, and to those with formidable spirits, the remaining option to them is often one of great enterprise.

One need not go far to seek thrill and adventure in the Persian Empire.

The silk road takes many a bravehearted man or woman through Persia's sprawling reaches. Through arid deserts teeming with the treacherous Rocs and sand golems, and over jagged, snow-capped mountains, where scaled, winged monstrosities are rumoured to perch in their lofty peaks. Sailor upon sailor cross the waxing iridescence of the Black Sea, hoping and praying that the massive Leviathan that lurks below does not come to surface. Fantastical beasts flock the skies above. And the mysterious djinn of Arabia lie amongst the shadows, a fleeting dream to the unsuspecting traveler. The simurgh’s song rises above it all, falling across the great city of Isfahan like a sitar’s lullaby.

And adventure still lies in the folds of Eastern deities. For where there are gods, there is trickery, and none are so tempting, so tantalizing as the ones that surround the treasure they covet and hoard. It is said to solve Ananias’ Square will leave a man richer than even the shah himself. And legend tells it that to find the temple of Bastet will lead to the discovery of the greatest treasure trove history has ever seen.

It would be a shame to leave such treasures untouched...would it not?

---------------------------

Q & A

- What’s this rp’s setting?

Hi! So this rp is a reimagined Persian Empire, if you will. A lot of the elements about its culture and geography will be taken from history, but there are also many fantasy details added to this world as well. Some countries and animals will be familiar. Others? Not so much.

Our story will focus on a group of enterprising individuals searching for legendary treasure. The politics and culture of the current Persian society will make an impact on the rp as well, so be prepared for political intrigue, drama, and of course ADVENTURE! Lots and lots of it. This is intended to be an overall fun rp, so while we’ll have our dark and serious moments here and there, the emphasis will be on light-hearted prose.

- What are the player expectations?

I’m looking for committed players who are down for some good quality writing, character building, and occasional world building. I’m looking for about 4-6 people max for our little party, and posting expectations will be at the bare minimum biweekly.

- Wait a minute, every two weeks? But sometimes you don’t even post that often, right?

Don’t ever talk to me or my rps or my rps’ rps again.

- Is there lore for this?

Why yes! But it will be posted only at the time of sign-ups. Why? Because I’m an ignorant slut who likes to make people read as much as possible in one sitting.

*a line borrowed from @Red Thunder

Last edited:
Looking respectfully <_<

• According to Plan
Reactions: Vinn and Kuno
Look disrespectfully.

• Haha
Reactions: MiharuAya
*peeks from the shadows*

Reactions: Kuno
EEEEEEEE!!!!!!

tenor.gif

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Red Thunder
This looks super, super intriguing! Count me interested!

If you'll allow me a question, what's the kind 'power-range' that will be afford to the characters? As in, will characters be able to use some magical/supernatural powers, or is it more of a case where the focus is on plucky un-powered adventures taking on the odds? Unless of course you want such details under wraps for the time being, naturally.

Hi, thanks for the interest!

So great question. The focus will indeed be on skilled, "normal" unpowered individuals. Magic use is about nonexistent, and those who proclaim to use it are treated just about disrespectfully as people claiming to be witches in our day and age.

HOWEVER

A very small percentage of the population are "endowed" - born with natural attunement to animal properties that give them abilities others don't have. Usually this power is hoarded within nobility and/or Aspect clans (you'll find out about them later :^) )

Naturally I won't allow too many players to be endowed. Maybe one or two 👀

Last edited:
Ooooo 👀

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Spekkun
The infamous Spekkun makes a come back for this awesome looking rp? I too will have to toss in my interest. It looks fun!

*Falls out of the ceiling.*

Hello!

My my my.

All this interest is beautiful. Thank you guys for hyping up this hastily written thread :^)

The sign-ups will be up in a few days in conjunction with the lore. There'll be more rules more directly pertaining to character builds and the role play on that thread, so you'd better read them all or else :^))))

If anyone has questions between now and then, let me know! I know the interest check is pretentiously vague

• Haha
Reactions: junebug
I'll throw my hat in the ring for one of your RPs again Kuno.

I imagine it will be a competition, @Kabboom . A violent struggle to the death! With words! Promoting our prospective characters for the 4-6 spots. Unless our good RP leader, the majestic Kuno, decides otherwise.

• According to Plan
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Kuno and Kabboom