Peace Through War

Linnor had been about to race after the Reagent Lord, give him a piece of his mind, but Rochirion called him back. "Yes, my lord?" he asked, the words being just what he needed to humble him. If his lord hadn't called for him, he would have lost all control over himself and broken his promise to himself. Soldiers on both sides would have died by his hand.

"The footsoldiers will keep them busy. I know you do not want to release your shadows and I will not make you. By tonight, we will have the city." With that, Rochirion stood back with Linnor as the general sheathed his weapons, crossing his arms over his chest. He hoped beyond hope that his lord was right. He didn't know if he could stand a failed siege.

-----

Faervel had to resist the urge to run. She wasn't a delicate rose that everyone believed her to be. Her father had treated her as equal to her brothers, and she was used to striving to have the qualities her brothers had: bravery, a good sword arm, charisma, and undying devotion to who they loved. Faervel wasn't sure who she loved at the moment, but she was certain that when she found that someone, she would stick with him to the ends of the earth.

"Why?" she asked him next, though she thought she knew the answer. She didn't like how he was being so humble, as if he actually held any respect for her. It felt like he was making fun of her, which he probably was. And if he seriously thought his chivalry act would make her more compliant to anything he would do to her, he was stupider than he looked.

Frowning at the elf, she tried to keep her own act up. She did not support this war with the elves, but she knew it was exepected of her to be as mistrustful of elves aas everyone else was.

Curling his hand inward to retract itself, they worked around to cross over his chest watching her with a chary intent. She was a smart he could tell just by how she was behaving. While most would have certainly taken off running or screaming in the least; this one was being almost watchful.

"Well," Krim tapped his finger to his chin, "As a hostage of course, no sense in sugar coating it for you. While your husband may enjoy this war and perhaps more than my fair share of elves do as well, many more are tired. Which I am sure many of your noble troops are as well. I am hoping to bring you back to Eathkar in hopes that we can either have you see our own cause or use you as a leverage to have your husband drop his assault." he was honest with her, what sense was there to lie? It would only insult both their intelligence.

Sliding a foot through the dirt as he began to make his advance, Krim tilted his head. "So I will ask you Lady Faervel, please come with me with your head held high and your patience intact. I have been given orders to treat you with the utmost respect and treat you with no harm. But-" the tempered placid blue eyes lit to a brilliant shade of red, "If you resist, I will not play nice a moment more." poise gave way to demonic, voices of one became twisted and warped as he gave a toothy grin. "And please, no shadows. I'd hate for either of us to be maimed in the progress." he reverted just as quickly as it all happened.

((ooc- guna leave Holi out this time. Make it seem like its taking a bit of time or something))

Though she was too proud to admit it, Faervel was now scared of this man who was taking her hostage. Even in normal circumstances, one should be afraid, but this was a special situation. The way his eyes had changed colors...it gave her chills just thinking about it now. Closing her eyes fearfully as she struggled to come up with the best course of action,

Right then, Faervel could truthfully say that she hated being Rochirion's wife. If she hadn't been born into nobility, she could have done more meaningful things than put on a pleasant face when others were watching. She had been married to Rochirion for five years now, and she still had no children to speak of. Girls years younger than her had entire families. She didn't even know how many children Rochirion must have fathered with his mistresses, and it killed her a bit every day.

Frowning as she reopened her eyes, Faervel brushed back a stray strand of hair that had escaped its braid. "Why me?" she asked next. "Surely, there are others more valuable to you than me. General Meryk is the one who knows everything and who would be worth more in the eyes of my husband."

It served him well he noticed how little she seemed to put up a fight with hearing what course of action he had for her. Perhaps it wasn't the best for himself, but he couldn't help but be a little impressed with how this one held herself even in the face of danger or in their case, a hostage situation.

Obversing her, the frown finally placed on his face allowing a raise of his brow. "A wife should be the prized worth to their husband, why not you Lady Faervel?" he dared to return the question to her, "And perhaps there could be others more valuable to your husband but, I have no interest in finding out plus."
His ears fell in a dramatic pause, "Have you seen that general! Do I look like I want to beat the living hell out of someone then have to drag their sorry rears back across the battle front?" he shook his head with the very thought, tucking his hands against his side again and gave her a final look over.

He might have been tempted to continue on this little charade of holding off stealing a lady, but he wasn't willing to continue the chances. Ushering closer to her slowly as not to startle her just in case, Krim again motioned with his hand to her. "Lady Faervel if you could be so kind to accompany me, perhaps you may want to bring something of comfort along with you. We have little time and I do not wish to waste my tempered patience, especially on a lady so wise." he motioned to her with a tip of his head.

Attempting to think it through logically, Faervel took several moments to respond to the elf's request that she go with him. She had purposefully ignored his question about why she wasn't valued to her husband, and she was glad when he changed to subject to Linnor. Focusing back on the situation at hand, she wrung her hands, looking at them worriedly.

She knew that this was the last chance she would have, before he would get ugly, and she didn't want that. Fixing her eyes on his, she was tempted again to run away, have the elf chase her, but she realized that he would probably not be as kind as he was being now. Finally, after what seemed like hours, but must have been less than a minute, she made a move as if to walk closer to him in submission.

Then, in a moment of crazed defiance, she reared back an arm, striking him solidly in the jaw. Using that as a distraction, she turned and ran, fear propelling her forwards. There was nowhere to hide in the field, though, and she soon slowed. She had never hit anyone before, besides her brothers, and even then they were using practice swords and were children. It was exhilarating, and adrenaline was soon rushing through her body, even though now knew that she had no way of getting away. Turning around, she looked to the elf, fear now in her eyes as she wondered what he would do to her.

Perhaps he had been utterly stupid for his continual compassion and easy going nature to the moment allowing her to actually get the upper hand on him for a brief moment. He knew better and yet he let the snake of a woman get close enough to strike leaving him adequately stunned.

Lifting a hand to rock his jaw back and forth making damn sure it still had feeling in it, his gaze turned to watch the woman sprinting away. Confusion and irritation rivaled for time on his face hoping to get their fair share of display, Krim cursed under his breath.

Putting a hitch into his step, the heavy armor creaked against his weight and movement as he gave a quick push to his feet after her. The field was wide open without much coverage so it wasn't going to be so easy for her to just disappear from sight and it became evidently clear that she knew that as well.

Her frame turned to address him with a familiar feeling he had seen in foe and friend alike, fear. Pure and light fear, the stretch of his gaze was strained this time about. He had been trying to at least give her the bit of respect any woman of any species deserved but the simple fact that she could at least escape without an ounce of a plan proved to annoy the hell out of him.

Closing in on her, he threw out the formality of keeping her personal space as in hopes to keep her calmer; the iron grip from many years wielding around weapons of heavy girth and strain grabbed around her wrists, putting them together to have his own single hand act as a shackle. Looming over her, the composure dispersed into a dark glare merciless and debating of a way to deal with her appropriately.

He had half a mind to return her pleasant gesture to her, but he was not that low of a man. Clenching his teeth, he exhaled outwardly to give her a firm jerk. "You ought to be damn lucky then didn't send someone else with less standards than myself Lady Faervel. That little stunt would have easily had been a death warrant." he warned low in his throat- sliding his free hand around to his backside to take a hold of the forged steel that had been created solely for the wraiths. Lifting up the bronze chains for her to see, he shook his head. "I would have been more obliged if you had been cooperative my lady," he jingled them accordingly, "In the time of the war, it has been more of a privilege than a hindrance for my people to certainly take up our fair share of slaves of your people." he put bluntly, "And with that, it seems our alchemists with conjunction of our blacksmiths had devised a little enchantment to keep your shadows at bay with nothing more than a lock and key." he lifted his brow, pulling her wrists above her head with ease carefully taking a slow look over. "Having witnessed more than my fair share of these puppies at work, I doubt highly you'll be much of a threat."

Flicking the shackle open with a push of a thumb, he was not going to waste any more time with this feisty creature. Using the strength that didn't come from the elven blood in his veins, he lifted her frame with the leverage of her arms, forcing the shackles upon each wrist and clamping them shut to lock them. The chain between was short, certainly not enough for her to even attempt to strangle him but that didn't mean he was going to let his guard down again.

Releasing his grasp on her to drop her to the ground, Krim huffed nosily. "Damn nobles." he cursed seeming to paint all nobles alike to the moment, "Now pick yourself off the ground, I have a schedule to keep."

He shot her a look waiting to see if she would get up, if she didn't then he would waste no time in picking her up like a bag to toss her across his shoulder. If she had gotten up off the ground, he would have her step in front of him so he could keep an eye on her.

As she locked eyes with the elf, fear filled Faervel. Even if she wanted to, she couldn't have released her shadows. Frozen in place, she had to bite back a scream as he approached her.

Powerless to do anything, she could only stand there, tears in her eyes, as he grabbed her wrists with a grip like an iron vice. Thinking he would hit her in exchange for tje strike she had given him, she seemed to shrink a little, flinching.

Expecting him to pull a knife on her when he reached behind him, she was both relieved and more worried at the same time when she saw what it was. Bronze shackles.

Paling a little as the elf explained what the shackles were for, she struggled to appear brave and composed. That was becoming more and more difficult as the shackles were explained further. Wraiths were nothing without their shadows, little more than humans. Just the thought of it was enough to bring tears to Faervel's eyes. The wraiths hada heard of the elves creating things like this,but most of the rumors were dismissed. If she made it out alive, she would need to tell General Meryk about it. He would take her seriously and send word to the other generals in the army.

Refusing to look at the elf as he put the shackles around her wrists, she tried to keep the humiliation from appearing on her face. It was obvious, though, what was going through her mind.

She would never forget the sound and feel of the shackles closing around her wrists.

When she was dropped to the ground, she wished she could simplyit there forever. However, when she saw the look the elf gave her, she quickly figured out what would happen to her if she did not stand by herself, just by the way how he looked at her.

Pushing herself to her feet, she brought a hand up to her face to brush at her eyes, not wanting the elf to see her tears.

As she walked in front of him, she turned just slightly to say, "I am sorry." Being of noble blood, it was extremely rare for her to say that sentence. At the time, though, it feltrght.

Turning forwards once again, she tried not to think of what might happen to her. She wouldn't have the bravery to tell her husband to leave her to the elves. She was certain that she didn't love Rochirion, but he really was the only one who would be able to save her from the elves.

Rubbing at his jaw absently, he had more than his fill to the moment. In most circumstances he might have been no better than most men in his position enjoying the pure humiliation that ripped across her face replacing the fear had been the forefront of her mind but it all now seemed to disperse into a bleak abyss that lingered on the fringes of his mind.

He was more than thankful that she would have the presence to gather herself up from the ground to walk, he doubted it would have looked good for either of them to have him lugging her around as if she had just been hunted. Though he had noticed her rubbing at her eyes to remove the tears that managed to catch his attention, he did little to provoke the situation more.

Checking his scabbard out of habit as they began to move, he would hum somewhat to her as she spoke. He didn't really feel her words had any importance to the time, it had dawned on him about her being a noble but to him currently the simple phrase seemed more like it had been spoken because she had been caught rather than anything else.

His gaze was focused and intent as he pointed towards the stormy scape that laid out before them, "I am not looking for an apology Lady Faervel at least of all from the you. I want nothing but this war to end and you are hopefully the very turning point that will side it. War is a useless tool that only destroys even in the name of peace." he mumbled more so before shrugging his shoulders from the weight that rested there from the spaulders. "Hopefully now your husband will see the value of your life over the war."

~~~~~

Swatting down the plate of the bow as her father slammed the hilt of his sword up into the gut of a lunging wraith, them both attempting to retreat to the comfort of the city with great difficultly. She was exhausted there was no qualms about it but she knew until they were resting behind the gates of the city, there would be no end to the onslaught.

Many of the soldiers had managed to flee without too many causalities as the ground beneath their feet had broken into a shimmering glow that over took nearly half of the land. She had never known truly what the catalyst was, but with how quick everyone was moving she could only surmise it was something direly important or terribly frightening.

Throwing the limp form aside, Tharuilin dared a look over his shoulder towards her before she stalled in her mid step to hear the siren pitch of something charging. Ears lifted, her father's commonly neutral stare rose to attention as she could only gasp and leap backwards to escape the ascension of unnatural light shooting upwards from the solid ground.

How much time had they wasted exchanging words? There time had been so drawn tight that it seemed utterly unfeasible that time would wait any longer for them to gather up and make it to their destination.

The soles of her boots slipped and slide against the crumbling ground, forcing her to do exactly what she didn't want to do. Lunging backwards away from the city she was desperately trying to get too, more of the unusual light shot up from the earth, swiftly to knit and weave with others creating what she could only describe as a barrier of sorts. Then it all dawned on her, that was exactly what it was. A shield from the ancient times that would protect the lands of Eathkar and keep out the rest that surrounded it.

"Holi!" her father's voice bellowed through the rift of bodies that seemed to have begun to be rejected out of the city, her eyes strained to tell what they were until many of them came crashing down to the ground with a hard thud! She gasped, rising her hands to cover her head as the wraiths were being purged from the city at an alarming pace, the shield rising into the skyline making the hardened bubble form around the great chunk of land.

Worry creased into her brow, as she had to keep escaping backwards from the barrier purging upwards from the ground, until she dove aside to escape the fall of a wraith, she rolled against the ground feeling the pinch of her bow dig into her side and her self come to a skidding halt.

Screams bellowed, worries rose and her ears searched for the call of the Regnant lord only for naught.

This is why the elves hadn't attacked, why they chose to flee instead of standing their ground. They had been relying on the catalyst to protect them but she was almost certain this wasn't the way they were thinking.

Lying on her belly on the ground, her hands tucked against her head a heavy wave of dust and dirt rose as the commotion seemed to become oddly one sided. Keeping her gaze closed from the dirt, she could only surmise that she had just went from having bad luck to being ultimately screwed.

Faervel ignored the elf's response, though she still wished that his words were true. Sighing sadly, she wished he was capable of giving her some sort of reassurance that everything would be fine. She knew he wouldn't, but it was a nice thought. Frowning as she walked, she hoped that someone would find her charcoal and paper before word reached her husband about her disappearance. If that happened, she might get out alive and largely unharmed.

Occasionally, she would rub gently at her temples, feeling a headache coming on. She wasn't used to walking such strenuous hills as the ones the elf was leading her over, and soon she was lagging closer to him, still keeping her composure and refusing to let the elf see her brought down.

-----

When Linnor saw the wraiths being pushed back, he saw to it that Rochirion would be fine for a few minutes while he set about finding those who were dead. He supposed he was lucky, he thought as he slashed at an elf who just would not give up. Driving his dagger up to the hilt in the elf's stomach, he dispassionately wiped his hands on the already bloodstained grass.

He was lucky because, unlike some of the northern Porch tribes that wraiths had had small wars with, the elves did not take trophies from the bodies of their enemies. If that was the case, it would be dificult to name the dead soldiers.

However, as he gave each soldier's identification papers to one of the younger soldiers with him, he barely caught sight of the elven girl from earlier as the wall finally came down. Many other wraiths were noticing, too, and Linnor had to shout, "Don't kill her. We might need a bargaining chip." There was little the general missed, and that look she had shared with the Reagent Lord was not one of those things he missed. Sheathing his dagger, he strode over to her, almost jaunty in the way he walked. Seeing the elves inside the wall, which was almost certainly made of magic, he waved at them, smiling confidently.

Turning to the girl, he said, "Guess we get to spend more time together, hmm?" He grinned. "On your feet, now. There's work to be done. Mostly my work. That I will be doing. Unjust can't trust the soldiers to do what I tell them to when a pretty elven girl is involved."

The annoyance of having her get the upper hand had dispersed as they walked only to leave in its trail the rather bored appearance of watching the hills. He knew as they were getting closer towards the battle lines that he would have to become more alert. Not only that, but having her with him he wasn't so sure that she wouldn't try something brave again.

Stopping short upon the slow crest of a hill, Krim hummed a little feeling the odd sensation as the woman seemed to be moving a bit closer to him and he was damn sure it was not within her own will.

He tipped his head some to the right, "Lady Faervel," he pointed towards the outcrop of trees that had begun to grow, "If you would be so kind to walk this way," the regain of his prior kindlier tone echoed before he would pause a little to watch her, this time more of an comparative stare. "If you are worn out, we will take a moment to rest. There will be no benefit to having you exhausted." he nodded more so to himself but he was actually extending a bit of kindness to her. He might have been doing his duty, it didn't mean he was going to be entirely cruel to her. There was a reason he was sent and no other for this reason alone.

Keeping close on her heels to the moment, Krim ears began to flick around checking the area while making damn sure he was not about to he jumped from somewhere.

~~~~~

Coughing as her hand began to wave before her to clear the dust from her face, she was hardly ready to see what she did. Shining in the pale light that pried through the clouds, the barrier had encased the elven city perfectly as if it was preserving it for future generations. Problem was that she was not on the right side and it was clear that she was not the only one thinking this.

She might have been tempted to try something foolish but her ears flicked firstly causing her head to whip right around to look upwards at the sound of someone yelling at the encroaching wraiths coming to take her head from its perch.

Fear struck hard in her stomach before they all froze in midstep, there gazes turning slowly to address the one who had bellowed out as she felt the pit of her stomach drop beyond her feet if that was possible.

Thumping echoed against the wall of the barrier but she did well not to move her gaze to see who it was doing so, Holi swallowed the fear like a bitter lump.

Lifting her chin upwards towards the plated man, she sneered at him. "I'd rather fall on a spear than spend any time with you." she spat at him showing her venom tongue not actually fearing the worst from him currently. With how this day went, death would be peace.

Pushing herself up on the ground, Holi threw him a defiant stare at being told to get up. Rather, she crossed her legs, placed her arms under her bosom and smiled slowly to him. "I think I'll stay right here." she tipped her chin forward looking around at the troops that began to close in to their commander, "Don't let little old me get in the way of your work now General, I have no desire in being cooperative!"

Thumping echoed again this time causing her to turn her attention to see exactly what she thought, clearly cursing furiously and pointing upwards to the barrier- Holi's matted her ears back some. She didn't want him to try and bring down the wall for her, what was her life in comparison to the rest of the people! She knew this and was ready to accept it.

Shaking her head to him, Tharuilin looked as if he might be sick with the separation as Holi held back pains to the idea what was awaiting her, especially if she was going to be as defiant as possible. "Bargaining chip," she muttered, "I won't be such a thing."

Faervel didn't say anything, but she did change directions so she was pointed towards the tree. Once beneath the shade, she held her hands in front of her. She had this terruble feeling, like she was covered with wet cotton, and she was certain it was because of the shackles. Still, she attempted to manipulate the shadows between her hands. It became painfully obvious when, no matter how much she struggled, she could not do anything to the shadows. Holding back tears, she let her hands fall.

Wringing her hands, she wished she could be done with this business. However, she knew in her heart that it could be a long time until she could go home.

-----

"I am not in the mood for this," Linnor said as he listened to the girl. "You act like you have a choice in this. How cute." Leaning over, he picked her up underneath her armpits, hoisting her up into a standing position. Taking the bow from her, he said, "Give your other weapons to me, or i can just take them from you." Looking to one of his lieutenants, he said, "Get any other elves still left. The Reagent Lord might actually value the lives of his soldiers, unlike what I have been told." Turning back to the girl, he asked, "Will you cooperate, or should I tie you up?"

Her eyes widened when he would say it like she had a choice, she did have a choice and she knew it. She could be willingly let him do what he wanted with her or she could be a royal brat making everything difficult and she was going for the second. Though having him actually force her to stand, she flailed with a scream that was filled with a stream of cussing words that easily could be figured out even if it wasn't in common.

But having her bow taken from her, the gasp escaped her throat daring to reach for the weapon in vain only to twist her broken look into one of annoyance.

She flicked her hands to her own chest, "Do I look like I have any other weapons! I am a archer, you just took the only thing I know how to use." the glare took over her eyes haunting them deep and wide. There was one thing to be taken hostage and another thing to be accused of having more weapons that she knew how to rightly use.

The huff expanded from her chest, she turned right around on her soles to cross her arms over her chest and turn her nose upwards. She wanted to dispute what the lord was saying about her father valuing other lives but, she couldn't. How many other elves had been stuck on the outside forced to be tickets for the wraiths? That thought alone left a bile in her mouth that made goosebumps prickle along her arms.

Realizing he was talking at her again, Holi rolled her eyes. "Oh now you're giving me a choice! I think I'll choose the latter," she shook her head again, "I won't cooperate with you in the least, congratulations General, you have just caught yourself the biggest pain in your ass since this war started." her body turned in a mock bow as if she had just been introducing herself for the first time, she waved her hands out like a flag. Grinning wily, Holi darted back from him at first when he would attempt to tie her up proving her nimble frame wasn't so easily caught but she knew that wouldn't last long.

'Though maybe,' the thought crossed her mind, as she turned right around on her heels and took off running as fast as she could. She knew if she got to the crest of the rallying cliffs that surrounded most of Eathkar, she might be able to escape upwards into a tree and slowly make her way upwards on the cliff side. It wasn't the first time she had scaled the side with her hands but it was certainly a lot more dangerous when she knew she was going to be chased for it.

Leaping back and forth across bodies and blood, Holi couldn't believe what the hell she was doing. This was official, she was crazy.

~~~~~~

The shade of the trees felt better honestly, having the city covered in the bleak array of clouds for the longest while, he had become accustom to the gloomy state. The sunshine was a long forgotten memory that served to remind him how warm it was, especially in armor.

Rubbing only to pinch the bridge of his nose, Krim dared a look over his shoulder to the newly acquired hostage flexing her hands attempting to do exactly what he knew she was trying. He had seen enough of those god awful shadows to last him numerous life times, and the devastation that they created. They were brutal things of creation that made many elves nervous in fear. The shackles had been a godsend to them, it was already difficult enough to combat the wraiths with their manmade weapons but the shadows nearly made them indestructible.

Sighing heavily he turned his gaze outwards towards the looming battle field; his mind could only wonder what real success would come from stealing the Lord's wife and would it really put a end to the war in hopes of peace talks. Somewhere he had a feeling it wouldn't.

With a gesture to one of his faster soldiers, he was soon chasing her, letting his soldier overtake him to round her off. Linnor was a fair runner and soon he and his soldier were gaining on the elven girl. As his soldier pushed her to turn, Linnor was able to catch up enough to jump at her, tackling her to the ground. "Get me some rope," he said to his soldirs, shoving his elbow into her back. Leaning into her, he breathed into her ear, "Stay down. Or it won't be my elbow in your back anymore."

Waiting for his soldier to bring him a length of rope, he simply sat there for several minutes, making sure the girl stayed on the ground. Linnor was not an inherently kind man, but he knew he could be much worse to the girl. After being given the rope, he tied the girl's hands behind her back. Once that was done, he roughly pulled her to her feet. "You are now considered a part of the wraith army because of the Compromising Treaty of the twentieth year. You are expected to provide some sort of service to the army. Until that time, you will not be given any food. The same will go for your friends over there." He tipped his head to the elves, who were being given the same treatment.

-----

Bending down only to gently rub her burning calves, Faervel closed her eyes, wishing once more that she was home.

Not able to take the stifling silence anymore, she said, "I really am sorry...for hitting you...it was not proper after you had been so cordial to me."

Tumbling head over tea kettle, her mind whirled trying to get its bearings back as the wisp of a hope of escaping had long past. She had damn well hoped that maybe she was worth nothing to the army and in turn she could become a real thorn in their sides. That was a silly hope that had been dashed, sliced and pummeled into oblivion. Grumbling haughtily under her breath, she blew some of her hair out of her face though feeling his breath so close to her, she jerked violently away from him. "Don't make promises you won't keep!" she hissed through her teeth at him, it would be a pleasant escape if he decide to off her now.

Having her hands tied behind her back it did little to temper the vinegar in her stomach. Thrashing around and actually kicking outwards at one of the men who had come close enough to her, she was determined to prove she was not going to be easy to settle down. Her brother knew this and now she was extending this kindness to the wraith army.

She could handle being tossed around like a rag doll, it did little to force her into her place, she would glare at the general speaking to her. "Go sprout your droll elsewhere," she seethed, "I'll happily starve before I give anything to the wraith army! You will not determine my worth nor my comrades! We will hold fast and parish if need be." Stubborn as a mule, Holi was thinking of even slipping her hands under her legs to get them up in front of her, but she figured she would be caught easily for that. Rather she lifted her head high, looking outwards to the other elves, "Death will be swift, we will not give them an ounce of our strength. Remain tall and proud like the blood in our vains!" she bellowed out at them, many ready to act in service still for the elven empire though she knew in her heart, someone would break.

Struggling against the ropes around her wrists, she hopped around at first attempting to wiggle free of them before she would huff, blow her hair out of her face again and glare outwards to the army around them.

~~~~~~~

Ears moved back firstly, though it seemed he would not turn around to look at her, Krim sighed lightly again rubbing a hand over his face before he would turn his pale blue eyes to her.

"Your apology is appreciated Lady Faervel, I do understand it is not easy for you to say such words." he would at least acknowledge since he was of a level head again, that before he turned right around to kneel on the ground. "I do not take pleasure in taking a woman hostage, it is beneath any man with a right brain in their skull." he admitted, he wasn't nearly as cruel as he could be portrayed as, "It is more of my time to bow my head in shame for this act of harbouring and say a few words of apology, but when my death is nigh I will pay ten fold for all I have done. Including this, do not fret for yourself Lady Faervel. While word of the elven empire has been told as a hungering hell, we are not horrid beings. Though I could talk till I'm blue in the face, I direly do not wish to see any more lives spilt in the name of war. I'd much rather return to droll lifestyle while attempting to keep a wild woman under control." he smirked a little not overly certain to as of why he was speaking of such things, but he had. Shrugging some, he would pick himself off the ground and brush his hands on his knees.

"Let me know when you are okay to continue on Lady Faervel."

Ignoring the girl, Linnor began shouting commands to his soldiers, telling them, "Go back to camp, a third of you, and move it here. The second third, begin gathering the bodies of our own. Make sure they are dead this time. A fourth of the last third, attend to the wounded. The rest of you, guard the elves." Grabbing the girl's elbow, he pulled her to where more of his men were as they scrambled about. "Keep her away from the others. If she speaks to them, administer punishment. I will leave you to it."

With that, he walked to where a small medical area was set up. Taking off his armor and the cotton shirt beneath it, he let a sergeant attend to his wounds, wincing as they cleaned the cut on his forehead with a bottle of alcohol. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw his soldiers leading the girl to a small area away from the other elves. They would be explaining to all of them that once they broke, they were to speak to Linnor and no one else. They would not be held accountable for their actions by either army, before or after their release, and arrangements for release could be made at a later date.

Not caring about whether or not she saw him without a shirt, Linnor let the medic put bandages on his wounds before telling the younger man him to help others who were worse off. Standing up, he pulled on his shirt, but let a newer soldier take his armor. He kept his weapons, knowing that he may be required to fight again.

Walking to the girl, he grinned arrogantly. "Hello, Deary. I trust you are doing well?" Seeing Rochirion taking identification papers from the dead, he asked, suddenly serious, "What are the procedures to deal with elven dead? I am afraid I am not familiar with your customs."

-----

Faervel was silent as the elf spoke, though once he was finished, she said, "I want the war to end as well... there are rumors that we are creating new weapons to turn the tide of the war. It is why General Meryk is so desperate to end the war by the end of the year. He believes it should be finished by then." After leaving a few minutes for it tosnk in, Faervel said, "I am ready to continue now."

How she wished she could have just thrown something at him, anything! Especially when he kept on touching her, she was bound to lose her mind. "Get your grabby hands off me." she snapped at him, not really feeling the need to keep quiet though she did know it was probably better that she did.

Being tossed to the dogs, Holi made certain that the first one to touch her again received a quick brunt of her boot which had her getting grabbed again. Especially when she had lead off to be separated from her comrades in arms. Twisting like a wild animal, she kept a vigilant stare out on everyone who was around her. None of this would have happened if that damn idiot of a brother didn't request that she be switched troops in the middle of the fight, she could be at home now praising a strange way to cut off the front with her father and tuning up the old friend of a violin she suddenly realized she was going to not have.

Swallowing hard, Holi had been forced to sit down again as the men around her were making damn sure not to be within range in case she decided to bite next but were certain to stay close enough so she couldn't make a hasty stupid escape. 'So this is what being trapped like an animal feels.' she thought to herself, pulling her knees up as she began to wiggle her wrists absently in hopes of freedom.

Dropping her chin to rest awkwardly on her knees, she had began to look around taking notes of the wraiths around her though she was quick to look away when she seen the general being attended too. It was one thing being confronted by armor but even catching a glimpse of fact they were made of flesh as well served to make her feel increasingly awkward and immature.

Looking to the dirt as if it had become very interesting, her head jerked up again to give him a steely raptor stare at that arrogant grin. Gritting her teeth, her tongue began to wield a few choice words to throw at him but found them falling short when he posed the question to her. Ears fell back, her eyebrow quirked before she let out a haughty huff and closed her eyes. "Throw them in the pyre, we don't keep bodies as they act as nothing but holds to the mortal world. Fire releases the spirit." she muttered honestly before twisting herself right around to keep her back facing him. "You'd think you'd be more in tune with our customs seeing as you were all trying to destroy my home land." she spat at him. "But I suppose that wouldn't matter to the likes of sots, as long as you take over you don't care two bits about what traditions surround my people." she started off razor hard in her sentence but by the end of it, she had a hell of a time keeping the sudden realization that she wasn't a part of it either now, but a prisoner of war.

~~~~~~

"A new weapon?" he repeated, worry creased through his brow at the horrifying thoughts that swam though his mind. He couldn't imagine what sort of weapon they were creating but with how difficult they had already been, he was almost certain it would mean the end of his own people.

He rubbed the scruff of his face, eyes flicked back and forth with troublesome thoughts before he swallowed hard and turned to the woman before him. "The wraith empire is already a strong foe, I'd hate to see what sort of hellish creation comes at those who are innocent inside the city." he mused out loud not really taking into consideration of what he was saying, but it was evident he was fearful of this for those who had nothing to do with the war.

Nodding to her, he dared to offer a hand to her to help her up. "If I may help Lady Faervel?" he offered the kindness again to her being certain to be weary just in case she decided to take another crack at him.

"Very well," Linnor said, grimacing slightly. "I suppose I can pray that your people will extend the same courtesies of what to do with the dead." Standing up, he relayed the information to a soldier. Turning back to her, he called, "I apologize for not knowing more of your customs. I hope your Reagent Lord will try to learn ours. I am sure some mothers, wives, and children are missing their boys right now."

With that, he strode off absently rubbing the bandage on his forehead. He walked to the other elves, speaking to them in an almost respectful manner. "I am sorry that it has to be this way. War is war, and we all have superiors to answer to. Hopefully, we can get this mess sorted out before too long. I hope you hold me no ill will against me. After my soldiers are taken care of, if you so desire, we will give you medical attention." With a wane smile, he left them, finding his horse he had abandoned. Tying the stallion to a tree a ways away, he attended to the horse while he waited for the soldiers getting camp to return.

-----

"I am not a dainty flower or porcelain doll," she told the elf as he offered his hand. Still, she only hesitated a moment before she gently placed one hand in his, the other his wrist, needing to use two hands to keep her balance. Feeling like she was falling, even as she was helped to her feet, she had to hold onto him tightly. Once she was safely on her feet, she brushed off her skirt, a light frown on her face.

She turned a look across her shoulder listening to him, "My father is not the monster you make him out to be General." she commented to him not overly enjoying the idea that he was daring to say her father knew nothing of wraith's traditions. She most certainly didn't but her father, certainly he knew. She would tighten her lips biting down on her bottom one as her shoulders lifted. "I think the feeling is mutual but even in the end, sending a soldier to the great beyond does little to ease the hurt that resides in the breast of a mother or child." she dare, with that she turned her face forwards again.

Hearing him walking away, again she peered over her shoulder an ear lifting to eaves drop effectively on him speaking to the other elves, which in turn made her envious and jealous all at once. Nice for him to be able to speak to whomever when she had been split apart.

Sighing outwardly, Holi had tried to rub her face with her hand being reminded they were still tied behind her, she gnashed her teeth. Even a animal was treated better than this!

Her mind brooded and pondered deeply on what transpired, and before long she had managed to wedge herself up against one of the few trees they had surrounded themselves with using it as a crutch as she didn't overly want to rest but with using all she had, she needed to. Being stubborn had some advantages but in the end, she couldn't win. Though she would admit only to herself how awkward it was to sleep propped up against the grit of the trunk, her arms behind her back and trying to keep herself supported enough to keep any kricks out of her neck.

Still eventually the active mind milled off.

~~~~~

He knitted a brow to her and her catty comment causing him to purse his lips. "I was not treating you like either Lady Faervel," he lifted a brow. "I was merely being a gentlemen like a man should be. I've felt how direct a hand can be from you." he rubbed a hand against his face reminding her of what had previously happened, "You are anything but dainty." he was truthful in his words, with how hard he rattled, he wasn't about to go treating her like she was weak.

Stepping back when she rose to her feet after finally taking his offer, Krim raised his brow again before turning some away from her. "Do you always frown so often, was what I seen earlier when you were drawing nothing but a illusion. You certainly don't look as famously lovely when you frown so much." he dared it, making the keen observation, "You look more like a wraith when you do scowl."

Before the girl had been able to fall asleep, Linnor had called to her, "You think my lord and I are monsters. Is it not fair that I think the same oof your Reagent Lord?" Smirking to himself, he walked to where Rochirion was, and said, "They think we are monsters, my lord." Linnor didn't think that he was half as bad as the elves seemed to make him out to be. Perhaps it was all from his earlier years. However, he doubted that, as there seemed to be even more hatred towards Rochirion. "Their thoughts are their own as yours and mine are ours. We cannot change them, only they can." Rochirion's words were a revision of a popular wraith proverb. Linnor nodded slowly. He agreed, but it would definitely be difficult for the girl to change any opinion she already had. Running a hand through his hair, he is about to say more when he sees a black mass approaching from the sky near camp. It was a runner. As the runner came to his feet in front of Linnor, breathing heavily, he asked, "What is it? Did something happen at camp?"The runner took a moment to catch his breath. Finally, he said, "It was Lady Faervel, sir. She was not at camp. Her handmaiden had said that the two had talked several hours earlier. We checked the camp, the area around camp, and we could only find a picture she had drawn."Rochirion looked stricken, and immediately roared, "WHAT?! My wife was supposed to be with a guard, why wasn't she?" The runner seemed to shrink slightly."S-she was...was drawing, outside of camp...She...she might have wandered off..."Linnor stepped in. "Get the handmaiden, bring her to me, and get a search out for her."-----"There is no reason to smile or not to frown," Faervel answered, looking to the elf as if it was the most natural thing in the world, to not smile when one has been taken hostage. "As you can imagine, I am not in a pleasant mod right now. Wraiths only tend to smile when we are happy about something. I am not sure what elves do, so, please, enlighten me if your grinning habits are different. "She frowned again, sighing heavily.

She could only wrinkle her nose hearing his words rolling through her skull, of course she thought they were monsters. They had been the ones who came seeking their city, not the other way around and now she was their prisoner. It wasn't like she was about to be brimming over the edges with glee and splendor with the outcome that had all come.

Jerking upright with all the yelling suddenly fearful that she might be on the chopping block, her gaze narrowed, ears craned to listen acutely to what the Lord of the wraiths was sprouting off about, Holi did exceptionally well not to smirk during it all.

Rubbing her chin against her shoulder in hopes to scratch it, Holi leaned back against the nestled spot looking off to the side. She was actually skeptical that Krim would be able to get into the battle lines and beyond but, perhaps he did manage. But that left him on the outside as well, there plot to use the wife of the Lord Rochirion in hopes to bring about peace talks was all for naught. But maybe... maybe they could use her in exchange for the elven prisoners?

Her mind began to work and grind with many thoughts, her gaze keeping away from the grouping of men looking beyond the destroyed forest of her homeland.

~~~~

Krim retracted his hand, stopped himself from rolling his eyes as it was evidently clear this woman was about as sour as they came. Lifting his brow to study her momentarily, he shrugged and said nothing in response to her.

It seemed his usual mannerisms would be for naught here and he should have known that but it was difficult not to act out in his usual way.

Motioning a hand forward in front of him, again he would have her step in front so he could keep an eye on her. It wouldn't be long now until they were on the battle lines and hopefully everything was still within reason though with how quiet everything seemed even from this far, he was starting to get a knot in his stomach.