Peace. Is that too much to ask for?

Corrie had to agree. Jumping to her feet, she held the blade defensively in front of her. The last thing she wanted to do was admit defeat- well, second to last. The absolute last was being killed by whatever angel managed to get the best of her inside. "Then teach me," She suggested, the corner of her mouth tipping up in a smile.

"Do we have time for me to teach you thousands of techniques that I have acquired over thousands of years?" He continually moved slowly keeping his eyes and concentration on her. He wasn't going to let his guard down and train her down in the false hope of training her so that she could just hit him and claim victory. No he was to stubborn to admit defeat.

"We can come back later," Corrie offered, taking a step back. Even at that point, she wasn't sure if she was serious. Yes, her pride was hurting. But she also wanted to know what she was doing when she actually had to fight someone. The only reason she had gotten the best of the first soldier was his own innocence.

"If you insist but you lower your weapons first and then I'll lower mine. Then you can get us far from here and I can train you." He sighed and thought about how hard it would be not only fighting angel warriors but now he had to fight them with a rookie. At best he could teach here a mix of modern and 18th century martial arts. Anything older then that would take months of training if not years.

Corrie narrowed her eyes slightly, then let her hand fall limply to her side. She kept her hold on the weapon, but wouldn't try to get the best of him. She supposed she should save that for a later date, when she actually had a chance. "IF this is going to work, well, I have to trust you." Sort of.

"And I trust you and considering we're equal and share the same goals you can count me on your side." He put his weapons by his side.

Corrie felt a smile flicker to her face momentarily. "So it's settled? You teach me how to fight, and I'll use the angelic powers when we need them." She felt, for a second, rather second-rate, but pushed the thought from her mind.

"Yes it is settled." He sighed and looked at her. "First step of training is avoid training in dangerous areas." He clearly was referring to the fact that they were standing next to a massive den of Micheal's best.

"Right." Corrie, taking the hint, reached outward and touched her fingers to his forehead. And there they were, standing in the middle of a wide, empty field. They were flanked by trees on all sides, and it was obvious by the silence of the place that no living creatures were anywhere near them. She had always liked it here- the emptiness was comforting.

"So what type of fighting styles are you looking to learn?" He moved slowly now holding his blades ready. he could think of a few but he wanted to see what sort of power she truly desired. Her fighting style would resemble her. He did a lot of free style boxing and other fighting styles that could move fluidly and have freedom to them.

Corrie just sort of watched him for a moment, completely unsure of what she wanted. "I... I just need to defend myself, if need be." She tilted her head slightly to one side. The way that day had spiraled downward, she was definitely going to need to use the knife.