Peace in the Middle East

S

Seiji

Original poster
Hot topic discussion.

Very hot.

But let's try to have it with dignity and respect. No flaming, no name calling. If you disagree with someone, be civil with your disagreement and frame your response accordingly.

Why do you think there is such a struggle for peace in this region? Do you think anything can be done about it, realistically? What can be done?

I have a belief that the parties involved have so many ingrained racist traits, which, for the most part are based on their various superstitions, that will cause peace to be nigh impossible to achieve.

If you could somehow brainwash everyone into giving up religion and nationalism, that would definitely move things forward quite a bit.

Well, as long as we're giving some short responses: what would also help is realizing that motherfuckin' democracy isn't a goddamn solution to everything.

That would
totally help. Oh! You know what else? Having people who can navigate the cultural AND social AND political arenas of the region.

OLOL I TOTALLY PULLED THOSE OUT OF MY BUTT BECAUSE I HAVE NOT BEEN FOLLOWING WHAT'S BEEN GOING ON OVER THERE AT ALL.