PC Gaming Accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phantasm

Original poster
SOOO... when that tax return finally hits, I'm thinking about treating myself to some nice gaming stuff. Right now I have a pretty low-end set-up (minus the PC itself; after splurging on that I couldn't justify spending a ton on accessories), so I'm wondering what people recommend? I'm looking for mouses (mice?), headsets, keyboards, gaming chairs... The whole nine yards. What have you all tried, loved, or hated? I'm specifically curious about gaming chairs; I've never actually owned one, and they can get pretty pricey, so I'd love to hear suggestions on that end.

I'd start off with a head set, a decent sound quality but don't go heavy hitter with the expensive stuff because you really don't need anything fancy starting out with pc gaming. Always go good quality brands but you don't need a $1000 dollar mic off the bat or really anything that price out of the gate but do research, watch reviews etc.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I can't name specific brands but I'd prioritize the chair and mouse.

Chair because you're probably going to spend a lot of time on it, you don't want that murdering your back.
Mouse because in some games the ease of use is key to winning, in others it's just damn convenient.

• Useful
Reactions: Grothnor
71xWg31QbAL._SY355_.jpg

On a serious note, I really like Razer mice and - I'm a fucking casual, I know - after trying several headsets, I kinda prefer just ordinary earphones. Isolating ones, that is.

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz Skylake 14nm Technology
RAM 16.0GB
Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36) Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z170MX-Gaming 5 (U3E1)
Just spent our tax returns on PCs as well. Got my wife the 'superb' PC off of Logical Increments.

Planetside 2 at 60FPS is amazing.

I'm looking for mouses (mice?), headsets, keyboards, gaming chairs...
-Mice are highly subjective: Try out various kinds and stick with one you find comfy, you're going to be using it a lot.
-Avoid headsets. Get a quality pair of headphones within your budget and a cheap mic, unless you intend on streaming or putting up videos on Youtube, then get a nice mic.
-I prefer mechanical keyboards for their responsiveness and durability. RGB keyboards are cool, but not necessary unless you're into that kind of shit or don't like the color red.
-Chairs are also subjective, but an alternative is to park your PC next to your TV, hop onto the couch, grab a controller, and go to town. If you want a controller that won't suck ass in shooters, grab a Steam Controller.

And before you do anything, remember to Praise Gaben!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
-I prefer mechanical keyboards for their responsiveness and durability.
[2]

But pre-warning with this, by having one anyone you voice chat with will constantly complain about your "Loud/Mad Typing" even though that's just the natural sound of a mechanical keyboard. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.