Pax Vampira

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're going to gank your own kind? Hey! Less work for me!! I'm cool with it. *snickers*

I fucked that up, but I'm too damn proud to change it.

ZEN, IT'S TEAM-KILLING TIME.

Reactions: JustJen
Okay, my esteemed co-GM and I have cordially decided to allow multiple characters if you want them.

We figure since it's an epic setting we should pad out the cast and risk the possibility of the odd blurred, indistinct couple.

hehehe while your attacking your own kind i'm going to steal all your gold, women and even your pet mouse XD

-_- i should not give into temptation.

Turns out the Celts did actually have a shit-tonn of gold at this point in history; one of the main reasons the real-world Caesar targeted them (particularly the Gauls) aside from the whole "distract the people with a cheeky wee military campaign" thing was so he could steal the gold to pay off his debts. Story goes that by the time they were finished pinching it all the value of gold in Rome had dropped by around 20%, they had so bloody much of it.

Pax Vampira Caesar is very welcome to try and attempt the same. But I can fucking promise that he'll have to bleed for it.

I am feeling the greatest temptation to join in this charade but, I am considering waiting a little longer to see what needs to be filled in unless there are any suggestions.

Well, we have...

Rome: 2 Vampires, 0 Slaves
Egypt: 1 Atumite, 2 Slaves
Gaul: 2 Werewolves, 0 Slaves

...and a few pending.

yes however you do not have a boudicca so thus the conquer of the celts would be much easier ^.^

Perhaps a male slave for the vamps would be in order, I shall be back after a bit of brain storming.

Pix up, not sure about the vampire one.

AAWWWWHOOOOOOOOOO!!!

male roman slave? you poor thing especially since they were so into 'worshiping' the male figure

I'm not done the formal profile, but here's a preview of my Volero. I should probably be done before the weekend. :) If anyone's looking for a master for their Roman slave and/or a keeper, hit me up! I'd love to hash something out with someone, because the character thrives off those sorts of connections.

It's really enjoyable to be delving into all of this again, after having studied a couple years' worth of Rome and the Latin language in high school. Right now I'm pulling up Roman marriage practices in an effort to justify a single man and the pretenses that follow him, as well as his own homosexuality and how he's endeavored through time with his job and role, as a military officer evolving into tax collector, and ultimately the end-all of becoming a bully, a stalker, and a hunter.

There's something ultimately enchanting about this what-if twist on history, and I can't help but love it ;; It's going to be a great game, everyone!

Last edited:
Ceri, I thought homosexuality was at least semi-accepted back then? The Immortal 300 soldiers were required to be gay, because the bond of lovers fighting for their lives was stronger than even the entire foreign army of at least a few thousand I can't remember the name of :/ [source: How Sex Changed the World: Sex and War]

Also: http://www.20000-names.com/

as i said they 'worshiped' the male figure, they didn't marry men but they sure did do the deed. like there were rumours of emperors who 'swam with the little fishes'.
right under the noses of their wives i might add since it wasn't seen as anything wrong.

Semi, in the fact it was primarily looked at as an act of friendship, or genial bonding between pals. I don't think marriage between men was a common, if at all, acceptable thing back then; marriage was moreso a thing to secure the family future as well as establish a homestead. I appreciate the input, Koene. :)

I'm more curious about the impact of being an unmarried man in his mid-thirties to forties, but given the status of the empire, I'm ultimately not worried about it, because you know, immortality.

Finished my character sheet, although I'm kinda iffy on whether or not I should keep her character history. =/ If you think it doesn't work GMs let me know.

still open for players?

Status
Not open for further replies.