Pax Vampira

Status
Not open for further replies.
Against my better judgement yeah, I most likely am.

GODDAMMIT, ASMO, YOU ALWAYS FUCKING DO THIS. >:[

[MENTION=739]unanun[/MENTION] , the style will be sexy decadence in the Roman plot, with plenty of gothic brooding. A Ridley Scott kinda Rome with dashes of Troy and a sprinkling of 300 when the Legions start swinging. The Barbarian plot will more likely be Game of Thrones meets 13th Warrior, with extra helpings of Hairy-Old-Bastard-Telling-You-You're-Going-To-Die. The Atumites will combine the mystique of Stargate with the magic of the The Mummy. And the humans will have a 1984 style Stockholm Syndrome, Diary of Anne Frank thing going on.

*assumes he has answered the question flawlessly*

EDIT: No, this will be nothing like Hellsing. >:[

lol

So the options available to me are:

- Vampire aristocrat, with intrigue, politics, a healthy dose of sociopathy, hedonism, and complete lack of empathy for the ants underneath his feet;
- Enigmatic Egyptian warrior, full of ideal, vigor, and brashness;
- Wild wild wolf;
- Some submissive teenage androgynous boy

Also I'll only use hellsing pictures, no worries!

Okay, still kind of early days with this concept so he may get changed around a bit (or a lot). But I figured the wolfy types needed a figure of authority to start building around, someone who fits into their style and who can exist as an antithesis to the more dictatorial Caesar and Cleopatra.

So without further ado, I give you...

Maerlön, 'The Elder Wolf'

Faction: Werewolves

Mundane Abilities:
  • Druidic Knowledge – Exactly how many years Maerlön has lived for is a topic of much speculation; some rumours suggest he cannot die, and has lived longer than the great dictator Caesar himself. Whether he truly is immortal or merely ancient, he has mastered the ancient wisdom of the Druids he leads; their oral histories and tales are his to utilise, their knowledges of the land at his disposal, their secrets and traditions entrusted to him.
  • Honoured Authority – In his native Gaul, Maerlön is capable of toppling chieftains and raising armies with but a sentence. His druids are one of the most potent forces in the political landscape of the land, and as their leader his word has considerable clout. Elsewhere he still has considerable sway; the chieftains of Norway admire his wisdom and strength, and he holds strong ties to the Celts of Britain. Stories and legends are told of his past; that he has ventured into the heart of Rome and seen the true nature of the vampire threat, that he struck a deal with the gods to grant his people the power to take the forms of beasts in order the battle the monsters that emerge from the night. In a scattered and hostile society like Gaul, Maerlön is one of the few capable of uniting the tribes against a common foe.
  • Strength of the Ancients – However old he might be, Maerlön is not a frail and fragile figure. He has prospered in a society where strength is what is needed to survive, and so he still has plenty of it. Though he is not be a swift and spry as he might once have been, he is still capable of fighting, traveling and sneaking as circumstances decree. And when he changes into the form of a wolf, he is truly a force to be reckoned with.
Martial Abilities: Sword and shield, tooth and claw, spear
Magical Abilities: Eir, Hlín, Hœnir

History: Few could unite the peoples of the realms and lands that exist outside the night-bound Roman Empire. A proud and warlike group, more often fighting one another or amongst themselves, they have nonetheless come to see the threat that Rome poses to their continued existence and have banded together to bring this threat to an end.

They owe this unity to the work of an ancient figure who emerged from the forests and woods of Gaul.

Maerlön, leader of the druids of Gaul, has done what once might have been considered impossible; under his guidance the tribes and nations across the Celtic and Slavic lands have united to take the fight to the beasts who hide in the shadows of Rome. He is not their leader in the traditional sense of the word, more a greatly honoured and respected advisor and patron. The unity is fragile, and at times old rivalries and tensions threaten to tear it apart.

But if it holds long enough, it could bring Rome crashing down.

Finished

Name: Aideen

Faction: Werewolves

Appearance:
Beauty-Blonde-Girl-Fantasy-Magic-Art-.jpg

Mundane Abilities: Procreating, hunter, tracker, flirt

Martial Abilities: Bow and arrow expert, dagger, tooth and claws

Magical Abilities: Freya, Bragi, Baldr

History: Exiled from her previous pack as a teenager, Aideen wandered through the lands as a human, entering their villages and trying to be like them. She played up the lost and frightened woman who saw things in the worlds that would make anyone lose their minds. After being taken in, fed bread and water, and offered a place to stay, Aideen had an uncanny ability to win the hearts of men. Twice now she has tried to settle into a village, with a human male proposing to her, impregnating her, and purchasing a home together. However, both times the babes were born Aideen would mysteriously leave to go to the woods. She has since never returned to the human villages, realizing that she could never fit in because of her barbaric nature.

The babes' fathers were from two different cultures. One was a Roman soldier, and the other was a villager who lived under Roman rule. In a tavern where the villager was drinking away his woes, the Roman soldier was describing Aideen to his fellow comrades. Drunken - and perhaps manipulated - a fight broke out. The tavern was set alight, along with several other buildings and a small squadron of Roman soldiers was sent to curb the rebellion. Through the smoke and fighting, Aideen watched from the tree line, smiling maliciously.

Her antics were heard from Maerlon, who took her into his ranks. At first Aideen gave pause; her own pack disowned her so she wasn't keen on joining another. It was after experiencing several battles together and rescuing each other did she at least agree to join. Whether she trusts him or not is another matter entirely...

Last edited:
So how do the Egyptians and Gauls get along here? Everyone seems to be focusing on Rome - would they eventually team up together, or is this truly a three-way battle?

'I am just a loyal subject'
Name: Livia Drusilla
Faction: vampire
Appearance:
4th.jpg
Mundane Abilities: the art of persuasion, manipulation and seduction.
Martial Abilities: only basic
Magical Abilities: Minerva, Venus and Jupiter
History:
Livia Drusilla, would have been empress if not for his resurrection, she would have manipulated roman rule for years to come, not letting anything stand in her way however with Julius Caesar’s survival it had all been ruined, all the manipulation and seduction had gone to waste. Yes that’s right Livia had planned it all out, Like she plotted many things but none of it was to come. After her husband had an unfortunate 'accident', she was free once more to compile a new plot however this time she didn't need to rely on simply her human abilities as a vampire appeared before her saying he'd make a deal if she gave him her blood then he'd give her immortality, an unbelievable deal but who isn't tempted by eternal life?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Asmodeus
Samira
Atumite Slave Girl

Samira.png

She is strong-willed with a precise, accurate memory. She always has a look of innocence and was raised to be honorable.
Her only martial skills are acrobatics and a little knife work.
Blessed by Eir, Nótt, Hœnir – She has healing magic, can control darkness, and may travel in perfect silence.

A timid-looking girl, just finishing puberty, but has the strength and will of the Nile flowing within her, as well as its variable generosity and malice. She may seriously injure an opponent, then take the time to heal them before vanishing. She has confidence in herself but realistic (and slightly pessimistic) views of life and all its facets.
Her family line has always served the various Atumite nobility, but she was surprised to be enlisted as a personal servant of Anubis when her time came. Apparently, word of her uncommon talents had gotten around. She was both honored and distressed to have such a prestigious job as her first real assignment, but was determined to succeed.

When she was but a young woman, Samira’s mother travelled to Rome with her mistress – why, she never knew. During the visit, they took an unexpected holiday to a secluded estate outside Rome’s secure ramparts. Careless and innocent in the ways of the world, she had been easily kidnapped and assaulted by three roving barbarian men in the unseen wilderness. For her misfortune, her young child was thrice blessed by their deities as a sort of compensation. Though her mistress allowed her to stay, she was unmarried with no willing suitors; her brother volunteered to teach the child as his own. Thus, Samira learned basic self-defense and how to stay alive and well.

Though weak physically and deemed, at most, to be ‘cute’, she made up her mind to serve her master to the very best of her ability. If the situation arose, she would also give her life as a final service, as she had been instructed by, quite literally, everyone she had ever known. She has a pointed abhorrence for the Gauls, but only dislikes the Greeks because of her cultural upbringing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lachesis Veronica de Bello Visu

Human

Atumite Slave

Mudane Abilities:
Able to speak and command any sort of bird.
Knows Romance and Greek, which makes her a translator.
Dancing.

Martial Abilities:
Tahtib - Tahtib (Arabic: تحطيب) is the term for a traditional fighting style involving a light wooden stick that is hooked at the end with metallic covering and embellishments, which is also known at 'cane dance'. It is sometimes described as a 'stick-dancing game', but it is usually used as a highly ritualized mock fight.

Archery - Archery is the art, practice, or skill of propelling arrows with the use of a bow, from Latin arcus. Historically, archery has been used for hunting and combat, while in modern times, its main use is that of a recreational activity. A person who participates in archery is typically known as an "archer" or "bowman", and one who is fond of or an expert at archery can be referred to as a "toxophilite".

Magical Abilities: Osiris, Set, and Sehkmet​
History:
Lachesis was born in with the Atumites since her mother was a slave for them, but both were originally from Rome, and Lachesis's mother was kidnapped while she was still pregnant of her daughter. When Lachesis was around of the age of ten, she was taken from her mother as she was seen to be 'old enough to serve'. Lachesis is able to visit her mother once a day for an hour before having to return to serving.

So many slaves? Well:

~

Name: Gauis Claudius Marcellus Minor

Faction: Vampire

Appearance:
img000010.png

Mundane Abilities: Oratory, attractive.

Martial Abilities: Familiar with the pugio and the plumbuta, the short dagger and the lead-weighted dart. Both play to his vampire attributes: high strength to force the dagger point through any armour, and swiftness to aim the darts at vital points. Skilled in formal combat but not necessarily in brawling combat.

Magical Abilities:
Saturn - slow time to half-speed once per day for 5 seconds
Luna - assume mist form three times a day for 30 seconds at a time
Orcus - speak to the mind of someone you have bitten.

History: "All my finite, limited life I have wanted what one, two, three emperors had. I wanted to hold the vast empire of Man in the palm of my hand, and direct it to its greatest destiny of the millenia. Now, I have the time ... and the patience, to see my plans completed."

and ...​
Name: Atos

Faction: Atumite

Occupation: Something about being as insubstantial as the desert sand .. an intelligence commander. Owl of the sand?

Appearance:

lietavi.jpg

Always shrouded in a tan, well beaten linen cloak that hides the Atumite armour. Strapped to it are a variety of survival implements.

Mundane Abilities: Skilled tracker, gaining information from nearly nothing (from years of tracking quarry in the desert), able to adapt to completely unfamiliar situations by passively absorbing great amounts of detail from surroundings.

Martial Abilities: Adept with the khopesh.

Magical Abilities:
Isis - assume alternate faces and human body shapes (within human parameters)
Sehkmet - manipulate fire as long as you stay still and concentrate
Wadjet - summon your Atumite armour to your body with a single thought

History: "The Sun God Ra demands blood."

I'll cull one of these after I decide which one I like more.

Last edited:
Read up a bit on the Celts and Gauls to get an idea of what the Werewolves are all about, since that's who they pretty much are. I doubt there's one main leader for such a society (but hey, I ain't the GM so I dunno); they were mostly loose affiliations of tribes, clans and other assorted factions that liked fighting each other but occasionally united under a common banner against a particular foe. Like ol' Caeser and his cheeky empire of vampires.

Actually,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asterix

This should be your reference for Gaullish behaviour.

Reactions: Grumpy
That Michael Jackson video has me wanting to see a court dancer! Though probably Roman, to switch things up a bit.
But the way things are going, are we going to have enough Faction characters to make things interesting? I do love Samira, but I can always switch if absolutely necessary. Or will it be possible for multiples? (Personally, I like both of Unanun's men.)

Only faction we're really struggling with is in the Human/Christian section. Well, the Christian one anyway. Other than that, we're pretty even keel, I think.

Koene said:
So how do the Egyptians and Gauls get along here? Everyone seems to be focusing on Rome - would they eventually team up together, or is this truly a three-way battle?

Considering that GRUMPY is leading the Barbarians, he'll probably throw a boulder at your crotch and tell you your desert is "gay-looking" the moment your two nations meet.

But I'm looking forward to possible alliances and backstabbings. Maybe Rome will offer the Barbarians the juicer prospect of Egyptian pillaging... or unite with their civilised southern brethren to repel the savages. Or maybe the two invaders will gang-rape Rome. Time will tell.

Reactions: Koene
*Caesar flees to his Vesuvius penthouse*

FUCK Y'ALL, ME AND ZEN ARE GONNA RUN AROUND THE WOODS AND GANK WEREWOLVES.

Status
Not open for further replies.