LURKER MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
Writing Levels
  1. Douche
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
A roleplay by [MENTION=4890]JustJen[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10]Asmodeus[/MENTION]​

The Ides of March
... fifteenth day of the third month, in the forty-fourth year before the birth of Christ.
The day everything changed...

Julius Caesar was slain by his senators, who feared his popularity with the common people would lead to dictatorship. In the mass hysteria that followed, the assassins fled Rome and Marc Antony, noblest of Caesar's friends, hunted them across the empire in a two year civil war that decimated the Republic.

And when at last the traitors were crushed, Marc Antony returned home with hopes to rebuild the Republic and immortalize the memory of Julius Caesar.

Yet he was granted only ONE of these wishes...

On the steps of the Senate the returning Marc Antony found not ruins nor bloodshed, not rioters nor mourners... but Caesar himself, smiling and pale. The old friends embraced... and Caesar sunk his fangs into Marc Antony's throat.

The Roman Empire was born.

Someone had brought the Emperor back. And before the people he proclaimed himself Son of the Divine and became the tyrant Brutus feared he would. He sired a new Senate, a dynasty of vampires who replaced the academia and aristocracy. And upon the slave population and peasant classes they fed and prospered.

100 years have passed. Christ has come and gone, and his followers now perish in the Gladiator games. What might have been a threat to the Reign of Caesar is now but a flicker, and the vampires are secure in their empire of the night.

But threats are rising.

From the north the border legions speak of monsters.... barbarians who take the forms of wolves and other fiends. With each day there are new raids... new atrocities upon the civilized world.

Roman Britain has fallen and the Celts have crossed the Channel to unite the Visigoths and Slavonic tribes. With powers of the Nordic and Pagan pantheons they swear to bring chaos to the gates of Rome.

And to the south... from the vast and untrodden deserts of Africa... another ruler sets her sights upon the Empire.

Cleopatra... lover of Caesar's old friend, Marc Antony, marches with an army of the Sun God Ra, set for revenge, and to exploit the weakness of their Roman foe.

Like Caesar she has sustained her life and bartered immortality from the gods. And with armoured warriors of Horus and Anubis she will not rest till she has taken Caesar's head.

By moon and sun and gravedust, history shall be re-written.

And the Pax Vampira will face its greatest test.

CHOOSE YOUR FACTION

Name:
Faction:
Appearance: (pics acceptable)
Mundane Abilities: (human skills)
Martial Abilities: (trained combat skills)
Magical Abilities: (see below)
History: (1-3 paragraphs)

PLEASE NOTE: The following powers are an aid to character. This is not a combat roleplay. If you're here to powergame and create the most super-powered creature then kindly direct yourself to the logout button. These powers have been brainstormed and are simply a rough set of limitations. If you have other suggestions, let me know.

The same power may be taken multiple times to give you more uses of it.

VAMPIRES
Twice as strong as humans
Twice as fast as humans
Twice as perceptive as humans
Spider-climb ability
No reflection
Heal all injuries within 10 seconds
No need to breathe
You must feed twice a day
You burn in sunlight (turn to ash in 10 seconds)
You lie down dead if staked in the heart (but revive if the stake is removed)
You disintegrate if decapitated
You burn in running water (drown within 10 seconds)
Fire harms you and takes a whole minute to heal
You must be invited into a property owned by a human
You must sleep in a coffin lined with the soil of Rome, or lose your strengths the next day
Janus - you can enter a home without being invited
Jupiter - You can jump up to 50ft
Apollo - You heal non-flame wounds within 5 seconds
Saturn - you can slow time to half-speed once per day for 5 seconds
Genius - you can animate a single object up to half your size for 1 minute
Mercury - you can communicate with all nocturnal animals
Sol - you can withstand sunlight for 1 minute before starting to burn
Mars - your fingernails are as sharp as knife blades
Vulcan - only silver can break your skin. This includes stakes.
Neptune - you are unharmed by running water, but can still drown
Orcus - you can speak to the mind of someone you have bitten.
Liber - you can turn invisible once per day for 1 minute
Tellus - you do not need to lay in the earth to regenerate, as long as you sleep in total darkness
Luna - you can assume mist form three times a day for 30 seconds at a time
Ceres - a stake to the heart does not harm you in any way
Juno - you can turn your skin to stone for 1 minute per day, but cannot move while doing so
Diana - you can track the scent of whoever you have interacted with in the last 12 hours
Minerva - you can dominate 1 weak minded human once per day and make them carry out your wishes
Venus - you can give off pheremones to seduce one human per day
Vesta - fire does not harm you in any way

ATUMITES

Atumite Armour - lightweight and highly resilient
Desert Son - you do not tire or dehydrate in arid conditions
Enchanted blades - your weapons can be silver, flaming, wooden or poisoned
Plague Lord - you can summon swarms of scarabs/locusts/snakes/insects once per day
Dunesight - you cannot be dazzled by light
You can make crude alchemical explosives and poisons
Without your armour you are as mortal as humans
Speed, strength and perception are within human limits
Ammut - your mouth can extend and you can swallow enemies whole once per day
Anubis - you can kill the weak-minded once per day by keeping your hand on them for 10 seconds
Anuket - you can summon rushing water (equivalent to a small stream)
Apophis - you can double the speed of your blows while remaining stationary 3 times a day
Bastet - three time a day you can ward off an undead creature by chanting and keeping eye-contact
Geb - you can manipulate the earth element to form man-sized cracks in the ground 3 times a day
Hathor - you can seduce one human once per day
Horus - you can fly for 5 minutes once per day
Isis - you can assume alternate faces and human body shapes (within human parameters)
Kebechet - you can heal disease and purify food and water
Khepri - you can summon swarms of scarabs 3 times a day
Khonsu - you can turn invisible once per day for one minute
Mafdet - you can throw your weapon like a boomerang
Nekhbet - you can smell dead things with a mile
Osiris - you can heal fatal wounds if you put your hand on them within 5 seconds
Ptah - you can create an animal companion 3 times a day (no larger than a cat) that last for 5 minutes
Ra - you can reflect sunlight from you blades and direct it as a beam while stationary
Sehkmet - you can manipulate fire as long as you stay still and concentrate
Set - you can summon sandstorms three times a day that last 1 minute
Thoth - you can send messages up to 5 miles to another Atumite who you know
Wadjet - you can summon your Atumite armour to your body with a single thought

WEREWOLVES
Twice as strong as humans
Twice as fast as humans
Twice as perceptive as humans
Heal all (non-silver) injuries within 10 seconds
Scent tracking of any creature interacted with over 24 hours
Human during the day
Poor climbing ability
Cannot heal silver-induced injuries
Poor manual dexterity in wolf form (you can grip a sword, but not operate devices)
Transformation takes 30 seconds
You fall unconscious for 1 hour after changing back to human form
Cannot speak in wolf form
Baldr - you can shift into forms of great beauty
Bragi - you can hypnotize a weak-minded human once per day and make them do your will
Brigid - you can manipulate fire as long as you concentrate and remain still
Cernunnos - you can form horns, spines and claws of bone for 1 minute 3 times a day
Eir - You have healing magic and can mend non-fatal wounds by touching them for 30 seconds
Freya - you can seduce one human once per day
Hel - you can kill the weak-minded with a touch of 10 seconds contact
Hlín - you can turn your skin to bark once per day if you remain still
Höðr - you can summon snowstorms three times a day that last 1 minute
Hœnir - you travel in perfect silence when moving half-speed
Loki - you can create a mirror image of yourself once per day that lasts 1 minute
Magni - you can double your strength once per day for 1 minute
Máni - you can shift once per day without the moon and keep wolf form for 5 minutes
Nótt - you can control shadows/darkness if you remain still and concentrate
Odin - you can communicate psychically with three other werewolves you are close to
Ran - you can make rivers burst their banks or water fly from containment
Sol - you can make one ray of sunlight pierce a cloud/wall/tree/rock once per day
Thor - you can summon a thunderclap three times a day to deafen enemies
Tyr - you can jump up to 50ft
Ullr - you can track anyone you have met in the last week
Váli - you can shift in under 10 seconds if an injury has enraged you

HUMANS
Choose 3 powers from ANY of the above ability lists
You must be sworn as a slave to a Vampire, Werewolf or Atumite

VAMPIRE FACTION
Caesar - Father of the Vampire dynasty and Emperor of Rome, committed to the propagation of the Undead species.
Drusilla - Perhaps the most powerful woman in Rome, a noble of high standing whose quest for power will not be stopped.
Volero - A soldier-turned-tax collector-turned-High Inquisitor, committed to the hunting and persecution of renegade humans.
Gaius - A charismatic senator who is just as powerful and cunning as Caesar and Drusilla.
Marcella - A human servant to Senator Gaius who aids in his dirty work and longs to be turned by him into a creature of the night.
Ophealia - An elite Vampire of the Praetorian Guard, providing personal protection to the Emperor himself.

ATUMITE FACTION
Cleopatra - Queen of Egypt and a woman on a mission of dominion and vengeance.
Anubis - the mysterious and utterly fanatical right hand of Cleopatra, oft mistaken for the god himself.
Samira - A gifted human slave in service to Anubis and bearing an old vendetta against the Barbarians.
Lachesis - A human slave versed in linguistics whose mother was kidnapped from Roman lands.
Atos - Cleopatra's spymaster general, who sees all things and wears many faces.

BARBARIAN FACTION
Maerlön - A mysterious druid who has risen from the Northern Wilderness to unite the hordes.
Aideen - An outcast wolf whose antics caused one of the first ever peasant rebellions against Roman rule.
Alfher - A clever and resourceful werewolf who comes to turn his tricks against the Roman Empire.
Ploth - A warrior and father committed to the protection of his pack.

Last edited:

Gaius Julius Caesar

Faction: Vampires

Mundane Abilities: Superb orator, politician and military leader
Martial Abilities: Legionnaire training (sword, spear, phalanx and cavalry)
Magical Abilities: Mars, Vulcan and Orcus (Razor nails, Can speak to prey, Only cut by silver)

History: For the last century Caesar's one and only ambition has been the propagation of the Vampire race. He is a man devoted to the establishment of a ruling dynasty of the purest blood and fairest flesh. For him, Rome is the place of heroes, of philosopher kings and knights of intellect and cunning. He believes himself the Son of the Divine and rightly to be loved. Yet as his empire stretches and the years roll by, paranoia creeps upon him... as it should for a man once stabbed in the back. With his greatest friend, Marc Antony, lost, he has no one he can truly confide in and with perils rising to the north and south he feels the weight of civilization resting upon his shoulders. He is a man under pressure... a man clinging to the ancient regime.

Last edited:
Character Name: Cleopatra VII Philopater
Faction: Atumites

ABILITIES
Mundane: Multilingual (Greek, Egyptian, and Latin), seducer of nations, master manipulator
Martial: Leadership, Strategist, Khopesh Adept (ambidexterous), Tahtib Master (Egyptian martial art), Equestrian Master, Charioteer, Composite Bow Sharpshooter
Magical: Osiris, Sekhmet, and Wadjet

HISTORY
Though other women have borne the name, there is only one Cleopatra. History has seen to it that there will ever only be one. Flying in the face of convention, the Egyptian queen has achieved everything she's ever set out to accomplish by employing whatever means necessary. Immoral, perhaps? Who cares? One does not become a legend by pandering to the squeamish sensibilites of puritanical hypocrites. To date, only one other has challenged the proud woman and now her beloved Marc Anthony is dead. Dark eyes from the South turn to Rome, blazing with vengeful fury, and Caesar's abominable agenda. And, like any asp, Cleopatra has bided her time until the moment is right and hers is a dangerous patience. What she wants, she gets. Always. She wants Gaius Julius Caesar's pompous head on a platter and his vampire progeny eradicated from the earth.

UuCTj2QnLUw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Font?

You mean your text font? Or the stuff on the image?

*glances longingly at rastul*

* .. or kynes*

You'd either have to blur it, lose her head, or lose her legs.

Roman justice.

Decisions, decisions, oh wait....

*smacks Roman justice off the table*

Pharoah says that the font stays and everyone can like it.

Do slaves post a resume and get snatched up by whoever wants them? I'd hate to tell Cleo she's got an unexpected purchase...

Yeah, I'd like to see a resume from everyone. As far as who takes a slave? Do you have any kind of idea what sort of direction you're wanting to go with the character?

I had meant that first one would send in a literal resume for the character, outlining various talents and such, for the nobility to look over. Then, if he or she were found pleasing, the completed character sheet would be sent in, filling in the blanks of who they worked for and how things came to be.

I'm slowly getting to know my character, but it's changing by the hour.
And the pharaoh is in no way obligated to take in anybody she doesn't want - Cleopatra was really just an example, though I do like the Atumites.

Oh! Whoops! :) Well, in that case, I'd venture to say that slaves for merchants are not as agonized over as they are for nobility and royals. Yes, Cleopatra's advisors and such would be very, very picky though she'd have the ultimate say, of course.

And it's up to you whether your master is another player's character or an NPC. Whatever you can work out is fine. You can even ask me to play an NPC master if you need some dynamic interaction.

It seems interesting, I was wondering if you would mind me joining?

I definitely have interest here. I am just curious about the Barbarians like who the leader is and what kind of occupations they might have. The only two I can think of are Berserkers and Raiders.

[MENTION=5062]Sweet Assassin[/MENTION]: Which faction are you interested in?

[MENTION=477]Kooriryu[/MENTION]: Same goes for you, Miss Crazy

If I can join, Asmodeus, can you give me a general overview of the style, attitude, mood, atmosphere, etc? Otherwise I might end up recycling one of two characters I have for vampire RPs and it may not go over well.

I definitely have interest here. I am just curious about the Barbarians like who the leader is and what kind of occupations they might have. The only two I can think of are Berserkers and Raiders.

Read up a bit on the Celts and Gauls to get an idea of what the Werewolves are all about, since that's who they pretty much are. I doubt there's one main leader for such a society (but hey, I ain't the GM so I dunno); they were mostly loose affiliations of tribes, clans and other assorted factions that liked fighting each other but occasionally united under a common banner against a particular foe. Like ol' Caeser and his cheeky empire of vampires.

[MENTION=58]Grumpy NotaIrish[/MENTION]: Tell me you're playing??

Status
Not open for further replies.